Community MetaSteam | January 2023 - A new season begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Anyone played much of Dead Space?

Reviews look good and I've been reading about how its a very good remaster/remake.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So I tried Goldenye via Rare Replay (own the game) and the first ROM version of the game I found on PC with an N64 emulator. With the exception of resolution, there are not much different I feel. If I can somehow get the ROM version of Goldeneye to 1080p and do some controller correction on my PC, the PC rom version would be better.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
So I tried Goldenye via Rare Replay (own the game) and the first ROM version of the game I found on PC with an N64 emulator. With the exception of resolution, there are not much different I feel. If I can somehow get the ROM version of Goldeneye to 1080p and do some controller correction on my PC, the PC rom version would be better.
I was surprised they didn't go with the nearly finished 360 XBLA version, which was leaked a while back... Maybe Nintendo didn't let them.

Secondary surprise if they didn't take the time to do quality emulation or remake with the 3 point texture filtering. Goldeneye on N64 has a very distinct look which isn't captured by this version at all. (You can emulate all those effects on PC)

• This!
Reactions: lashman

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Eiyuden Chronicle Rising is a good game! I hope you all actually play it.
i gave it a shot a few weeks ago. Fun for a few hours, but the repetitive gameplay wore out its welcome before I even unlocked the third playable character.

Currently playing through Tunic, damn good game thus far

Reactions: lashman

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I feel like I'm in the next phase of ditching consoles.

I got rid of my PS5 back in the autumn with zero regrets, and now I'm considering ditching my Switch OLED and my Series S. Besides the fact I never play them, when I do I just don't enjoy the experience.

Obviously for games in the future I think PS5 and Xbox exclusives are a lock for PC at some point or another. So no worries about them.

Xbox is, well, Xbox. As someone who doesn't subscribe to Game Pass I pretty much have it as a backwards compatibility machine for OG Xbox and Xbox 360. As those machines get better and better emulation on PC, I'm pretty much at a point where I can shelve having that system. About the only game I'd miss by getting rid of my Series S is Lost Odyssey, but that's getting into a really good place on emulators so it's only a matter of time.

As for the Switch, frankly I am just fed up of Nintendo and Nintendo's bullshit. I am looking forward to Tears of the Kingdom, but that's about it going forward. I'm sick of their overpriced AA games, the way they treat their most passionate fans with complete and utter contempt, and the fact that they're stubbornly not releasing their games on PC just pisses me off even more. I know that last one is a little silly, but it baffles me that Nintendo could release 2-3 Wii U level flops in a row and they'd still insist on doing their own hardware for another generation.

The Switch is a great system marred by Nintendo. Steam Deck has fixed that, so I don't feel I need it anymore. So yeah, I'm done.
I'm going to keep my Switch, but I will sell my PS5 and Xbox on the first chance I get.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Very difficult to convince me to buy a PS5 at this moment, but I love my Switch and Xbox, especially Xbox as game pass helps me reduce gaming expenses, and I just love them for doing a good job on providing good backward compatibility. On the other hand, Switch is really showing its ages and Nintendo needs to release a new one asap.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Very difficult to convince me to buy a PS5 at this moment, but I love my Switch and Xbox, especially Xbox as game pass helps me reduce gaming expenses, and I just love them for doing a good job on providing good backward compatibility. On the other hand, Switch is really showing its ages and Nintendo needs to release a new one asap.
Given that everything is coming out to PC from Sony, it's just a matter of waiting until they're priced at an acceptable amount for you. You already waited this long, why not wait a couple of months more.

The only game I'd rebuy full price is Gran Turismo 7

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Given that everything is coming out to PC from Sony, it's just a matter of waiting until they're priced at an acceptable amount for you. You already waited this long, why not wait a couple of months more.

The only game I'd rebuy full price is Gran Turismo 7
Yeah. And generally Sony games just don't interest me that much. I am excited for Returnal but it is coming to PC.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Fine if people like it but I couldn't even be bothered to play after a few hours of Eiyuden Chronicle Rising.

Way too much going back to places you only just been on fetch quests for my liking. Good at the price for sure though. I got it as an addon to the Kickstarter and was disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.