Community MetaSteam | January 2023 - A new season begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Or maybe get H2 expansion pass now when it's discounted.. do you need to have H2 base to buy it?

I mean World of Ass triggers free H2 for H3 owners but I am not sure can you just buy the H2 expansion pass without the base H2.
Those two together as H3 DLC are ~21€ Save 72% on HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Gold on Steam

Perhaps cheapest (and safest) is just to buy H2 Gold ~11€ from indiegala or do as Deku pointed if those DLCs are around 10€ per piece after World of Ass migration date.
But to buy the access pass you need H3 first. Why not just buy H3 and get H2 for free? Then buy the deluxe dlc, which gives the dlcs for H2 and H3

Also, you don't need to buy the access pass if you already own H2

Just buy H3 and you will get H1 and H2 for free

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019

:blobeyes: :blobeyes: :blobeyes: :blobeyes: :blobeyes: :blobeyes: :blobeyes: :blobeyes:
Suzerain was pretty good but I didn't expect a RPG as a sequel :face-without-mouth:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

:blobeyes: :blobeyes: :blobeyes: :blobeyes: :blobeyes: :blobeyes: :blobeyes: :blobeyes:
Why not just post the article link? Not interested in going through a middle man to read an article.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
But to buy the access pass you need H3 first. Why not just buy H3 and get H2 for free? Then buy the deluxe dlc, which gives the dlcs for H2 and H3

Also, you don't need to buy the access pass if you already own H2

Just buy H3 and you will get H1 and H2 for free
If I understood correctly after World of Ass date you can only buy items:

1. HITMAN – World of Assassination (approx. $70 USD or local equivalent)
Includes: HITMAN 3, plus H1 GOTY Access Pass and H2 Standard Access Pass.
H3 gets rebranded World of Ass
They will disable H1 and H2 purchase in Steam store.
Current H3 is x-mas discounted 21€.
World of Ass will be sold full price.

2. HITMAN – World of Assassination Deluxe Pack (approx. $30 USD or local equivalent)
Includes: H3 Deluxe Pack, H3 Seven Deadly Sins Collection and H2 Expansion Access Pass.
Currently
H3 Deluxe is 14€ (or 31€ including H3 standard)
H3 Seven Deadly Sins is ~10€
H2 Gold is ~11€
Total ~35€

After World of Ass these items will be around approx. $10 USD or local equivalent per piece.
If you want H2 in Steam library buy it before World of Ass date.
H2 Gold includes H2 Expansion Access Pass at least for H3.

So it's all about how much you can save money at this point or wait another sale drop after migration. And if you want Hitman 2 in your library.

Reactions: lashman

SaberVS7

Average Date a Live Enjoyer
Jan 23, 2020
Oh for the love of god

After I spent $5 on Scott Pilgrim, I got a "POSSIBLE FRAUD ALERT" from my bank and had to send a "Yes" message - And now when I look at my bank statement I'm not seeing any of my recent Steam purchases from the Winter Sale on it.

I swear to God, First American, if you just murdered my Steam account..!

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Oh for the love of god

After I spent $5 on Scott Pilgrim, I got a "POSSIBLE FRAUD ALERT" from my bank and had to send a "Yes" message - And now when I look at my bank statement I'm not seeing any of my recent Steam purchases from the Winter Sale on it.

I swear to God, First American, if you just murdered my Steam account..!
Understandable, though. Who would ever spend money on such an obscure site as "STEAM"? Now if you were buying something from the well known and esteemed "Epic Game Store", it would be another question entirely.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
If I understood correctly after World of Ass date you can only buy items:

H3 gets rebranded World of Ass
They will disable H1 and H2 purchase in Steam store.
Current H3 is x-mas discounted 21€.
World of Ass will be sold full price.

Currently
H3 Deluxe is 14€ (or 31€ including H3 standard)
H3 Seven Deadly Sins is ~10€
H2 Gold is ~11€
Total ~35€

After World of Ass these items will be around approx. $10 USD or local equivalent per piece.
If you want H2 in Steam library buy it before World of Ass date.
H2 Gold includes H2 Expansion Access Pass at least for H3.

So it's all about how much you can save money at this point or wait another sale drop after migration. And if you want Hitman 2 in your library.
I can see your reasoning, if you want H2 in your library as game collector.

I guess buying H2 Gold as standalone, and H3 Deluxe now for around 25 euro on GMG and then later buy the Deadly sins package for 10 dollar or equivalent would be cheapest route for library completionist. And also don't forget H1

The cheapest route would be buy H3 Deluxe from GMG and H2 Gold access pass and Seven Deadly sins

Easiest route would be buy H3 and Deluxe Content dlc

Edit
GMG still has H3 Deluxe for 25 euro for another five hours
Hitman 3 Deluxe

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
I can see your reasoning, if you want H2 in your library as game collector.

I guess buying H2 Gold as standalone, and H3 Deluxe now for around 25 euro on GMG and then later buy the Deadly sins package for 10 dollar or equivalent would be cheapest route for library completionist. And also don't forget H1

The cheapest route would be buy H3 Deluxe from GMG and H2 Gold access pass and Seven Deadly sins

Easiest route would be buy H3 and Deluxe Content dlc

Edit
GMG still has H3 Deluxe for 25 euro for another five hours
Hitman 3 Deluxe
Yeah, didn't see it was also GMG XP sale cheaper. Good point.

SaberVS7

Jan 23, 2020
Understandable, though. Who would ever spend money on such an obscure site as "STEAM"? Now if you were buying something from the well known and esteemed "Epic Game Store", it would be another question entirely.
Well it seems the Pending Transactions have reappeared on my bank account, but fuck was that a spook. Normally with my other bank if I have a bank-side issue Steam tells me the Transaction Failed and I get a Potential Fraud Alert right away. Instead this time Steam said I was all kosher and a minute later I get the "Potential Fraud Alert" message.

And the last time I had that happen was when I bought an Index, which was an uncharacteristically large purchase for me, not a measly five bucks.

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019

How many GaaS tho?

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

How many GaaS tho?
Destiny 3 and Destiny Dating Simulator coming :evilblob:

SaberVS7

Jan 23, 2020
Well it seems the Pending Transactions have reappeared on my bank account, but fuck was that a spook. Normally with my other bank if I have a bank-side issue Steam tells me the Transaction Failed and I get a Potential Fraud Alert right away. Instead this time Steam said I was all kosher and a minute later I get the "Potential Fraud Alert" message.

And the last time I had that happen was when I bought an Index, which was an uncharacteristically large purchase for me, not a measly five bucks.
Jesus Christ, literally every transaction I have made today has been hit with this initial decline for "Possible Fraud"

Even going to the grocery store literally a <5 minute walk from the billing address where I live, I get a "Possible Fraud Detected" right bloody there.

Anyway... Well, this showed up on Workshop today.

This is definitely a shoe-in mod for any new worlds. Just hope it doesn't look too awkward with ramps in-practice.

I mean, given the forced-perspective on everything that's not walls, I feel like it's only fitting.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Finished Wasteland 3, loved it.
Gonna play Gears 5 next, gonna be my first Gears game outside of playing a bit of the first one.
No, I don't care about the story, just want to shoot stuff, couldn't care less about the dude bro space marines.

Won both of these games here on Meta, you guys are awesome.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
SIGNALIS spoiler ahead, I must be almost finishing it so beware.

The fake ending was a cool! Though I suspected it was fake because of all the "wake up" messages that appeared on the screen during the cutscene and her eye stopped moving in the main menu, so it kind of gave it away.

Seeing how she and Ariane lived a happy couple life at the ship was hearth warming and is making the game more depressing now, I guess Elster is inside Ariane's dream/nightmare or something like that? From one of the messages it seems Ariane may be dying, as she wrote about teeth and hair falling, and feeling tired but unable to sleep.

No onto the final section I guess.

• Comfy
Reactions: Avern

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
anyone tried Scott Pilgrim on the deck?

edit: i tried it, it launches fine but controller won't work out of the box.
Controller works fine, just needs to actually use gamepad controls. It defaults to mouse only touchpad controls for some reason.

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019
On Desktop that game doesn't seem to be playing nice with Steam Controller enabled, when I tried it seems to only receive inputs from keyboard and mouse as long as Steam Controller is enabled, if I disable it and use an xbox series controller without steam input then there are no issues.
Since the Steam Deck uses Steam Controller by default that might be the issue on the device.

It wouldn't be the first game to not like the Steam Controller inputs, I remember some Senran Kagura games having the same issues back then when I played them and some other games too.
Some games simply hate Steam Controller inputs for some reason.

That said on linux itself (openSUSE Tumbleweed) there doesn't seem to be any issue

edit; Oh yeah swapping to gamepad controls let you keep Steam Controller input enabled.

Last edited:

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
If I can scrounge up the last bit of money required for the security deposit before Jan 15th, I won't be homeless anymore. 🙏 Apartment hunting has been absolutely brutal for the last two months. I've got worked lined up afterwards, but this first month is a wrecking ball because having to pay 1st month rent + the security. :notlikethisblob:

Wish me luck friends.🤞

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Update spam!

(Should slow down again now)

Status