Community MetaSteam | January 2023 - A new season begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
January was booked along time ago.

Nothing else ever stood a chance :p
I'll probably be playing it along side the new Dead Space in January and the month after, as that's a much shorter game (unless they changed much from the original).

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
January was booked along time ago.

Nothing else ever stood a chance :p
Without FES, though :confounded-face:
And there are rumors of a full remake in dev. Which doesn’t make a lot of sense if they have yet to release this version. But Atlus and sense.

Reactions: thekeats1999

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Atomic Heart

aka
"its fine if DRM affectes perfomnace , we have DLSS to win it back" (exclusive to nvidia GPUs)
WTF?
Without FES, though :confounded-face:
And there are rumors of a full remake in dev. Which doesn’t make a lot of sense if they have yet to release this version. But Atlus and sense.
Typical strategy of selling us the old game again before announcing the remake.
I suspect that the remake won't have FeMC so that will probably remain unique to this version, making it worth checking out. This is just speculation of course.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Jeez, January seems barren at first glance. Between games that have everything to prove like Forspoken and One Piece, and Remakes of great games I feel no real desire to replay like Dead Space.
But I didn't look too much into it, and surprise indie games release left, right and center these days.
January is just a slight break from gaming before stacked February to complete unfished business IRL and regain strength to beat all those games that are released that month.

• Comfy
Reactions: Cacher and Li Kao

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
4070 Ti reviews, in the computerbase review, at 1440p it's comparable to the 3090 Ti on average, but at 4K it's comparable to the regular 3090, I'm guessing because of the relatively low memory bandwidth.

Gamers Nexus, a couple of games that have particularly bad results at 4K, one that is between 3080 and 3090 (Total War Warhammer 3), and one that is worse than 3080 (Strange Brigade). Most results are around 3090~3090 Ti, but I guess the low memory bandwidth really hurts it in certain cases.

Last edited:

spindoctor

MetaMember
Jun 9, 2019
Jeez, January seems barren at first glance. Between games that have everything to prove like Forspoken and One Piece, and Remakes of great games I feel no real desire to replay like Dead Space.
But I didn't look too much into it, and surprise indie games release left, right and center these days.
Yeah January seems surprisingly empty. I have a couple of smaller games wishlisted and I guess I might pick up Fire Emblem but otherwise it's barren. February on the other hand is ridiculously stacked and I'll have to skip some stuff that looks interesting. Right now I'm thinking I'll get Hogwarts, Atomic Heart and Ryza 3 and I'm 50-50 on Company of Heroes 3. I actually think some stuff will get pushed back from Feb otherwise some games are going to tank hard.

Another one
I know this is meant to be a joke but this shit is still too complicated. A friend of mine gifted me a copy of Hitman 3 as a troll present because he knows I want nothing to do with ex-EGS games. So I was looking into it and I cannot tell what all content I'm still missing. The DLC list on the Steam page is super confusing with nonsense names.

Anyway so if someone understands what's happening with Hitman with this upcoming change, can you please answer a question for me. I own Hitman 1 and 2 on Steam with (almost) all the DLC. They said that they are delisting those games and making their content playable in Hitman 3. Do I need to import the content from those games into Hitman 3 to continue to have access to them? Will I lose the ability to play the games I already own when this change happens? In theory that should never happen but I don't know if they're shutting down the servers for 1 & 2 when they integrate everything into 3.

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
I know this is meant to be a joke but this shit is still too complicated. A friend of mine gifted me a copy of Hitman 3 as a troll present because he knows I want nothing to do with ex-EGS games. So I was looking into it and I cannot tell what all content I'm still missing. The DLC list on the Steam page is super confusing with nonsense names.

Anyway so if someone understands what's happening with Hitman with this upcoming change, can you please answer a question for me. I own Hitman 1 and 2 on Steam with (almost) all the DLC. They said that they are delisting those games and making their content playable in Hitman 3. Do I need to import the content from those games into Hitman 3 to continue to have access to them? Will I lose the ability to play the games I already own when this change happens? In theory that should never happen but I don't know if they're shutting down the servers for 1 & 2 when they integrate everything into 3.
I believe you can keep Hitman 1 and 2 in Steam library as is if you have them prior the World of Ass change. No guarantees for online features...

You might wanna start and login to Hitman 3 once so you get those DLCs "activated" to Steam under Hitman 3 that you are eligible from H1 and H2. No idea how it will work after the change.

Also you can optionally import Hitman 2 progress if you had any to Hitman 3 (one time) via IOI web page. It prompts that on the first H3 start.

--

Bought the H3 standard edition for now. Not sure will I get the deluxe content + 7 sins content since it's mostly not interesting. Maybe after the World of Ass migration in deep discount..

Also funny fact. Hitman 3 is lower size than Hitman 2, so saved some disk space :D

Last edited:

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Happy new year all (yes I'm late :relieved-face: )

Remember I said I'd get a new build soon? Hmm, not so sure about that right now when the Steam Deck is impressing me so much.
Hooking up a Steam Deck to a TV? Works a damn treat. Bloody marvelous. So I may hold off until I'm feeling the pinch a bit more.
26 more hours left for you to vote for GOTY!

MetaCouncil's Games of the Year Awards 2022
Done.
I barely played any 2022 games this past year but I will go to bat for one in particular.

Last edited:

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
I think is funny that when PC gaming is at its best when it comes to software (Xbox, Sony, and multiple Japanese developers are supporting the platform) the PC hardware market it's at its worst in terms of value. $800 for a 70 series card is laughable. The Steam Deck is such a breath of fresh air in this absolutely unaffordable era of PC gaming.

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
I think is funny that when PC gaming is at its best when it comes to software (Xbox, Sony, and multiple Japanese developers are supporting the platform) the PC hardware market it's at its worst in terms of value. $800 for a 70 series card is laughable. The Steam Deck is such a breath of fresh air in this absolutely unaffordable era of PC gaming.
$800 for a 70 series card with the memory bus width of a 60 series card.
It only has slightly more memory bandwidth than a 1080 Ti, a card that released with a MSRP of $700 nearly 6 years ago.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
My word, Sonic Frontiers sucks ass.

Why does a Sonic game have a skill tree? Why does it have a boring open world littered with icons on a map you need to slowly unlock parts of?

It wears some of AAA gaming’s worst sins with a shit-eating grin. Utterly soulless and devoid of any originality.

A shame because the actual Sonic bits (the short “Cyberspace” levels) are as good as the levels in the Adventure games. It’s just the shit they’ve chosen to encrust those levels in that’s the problem.

Last edited:

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com

Why does a Sonic game have a skill tree? Why does it have a boring open world littered with icons on a map you need to slowly unlock parts of?

It wears some of AAA gaming’s worst sins with a shit-eating grin. Utterly soulless and devoid of any originality.

A shame because the actual Sonic bits (the short “Cyberspace” levels) are as good as the levels in the Adventure games. It’s just the shit they’ve chosen to encrust those levels in that’s the problem.
I enjoyed the open world, clearing small platforming challenges to get collectables, and I also enjoyed most of the mini bosses. The collectables challenges in the first island they can hardly be called challenges though and also the open world offers no replay value atm. Overall it's not for everyone, some people like the open world and others don't. :x
The biggest problem I have with it is the aesthetic of the open world, it's just too generic.

The cyberspace stages, I don't like how Sonic feels to control in them, I ended getting used to it, but it's just so jarring how different they are to control when compared to the open world. I also don't like how short they are, I prefer 2~3 mins stages over these mostly 1 min or less ones.

My overall opinion of the game is that it's very, very flawed, but I enjoyed playing it.

Reactions: Arsene

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

I feel bad for saying to you that it was good but I genuinely enjoyed it :(

Reactions: ezodagrom

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
The only way I can remotely explain Nvidias position this gen is that they feel bad for AMD and want them to get more of the market share (for newly sold GPUs) back. If you know that you will face a glut of old GPUs from the 3000s series, then why go out of your way to make the new 4000 cards so incredibly unattractive to large parts of the market?

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

Dwarf Fortress Steam release is a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.