Community MetaSteam | January 2023 - A new season begins

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Forspoken is apparently getting PC Demo today.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018

Someone uploaded a fake tarkov to Steam. Wtf lmao
You know i've been thinking in the past...

What about all those forgotten games with licensing issues where basically no legal owner exists anymore.
If i were to upload and sell one of those on steam, would valve take action? Or would that only happen if a supposed owner complaints?
And even if Valve were to remove it, wouldn't everyone that already bought it retain access?

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

What about all those forgotten games with licensing issues where basically no legal owner exists anymore.
If i were to upload and sell one of those on steam, would valve take action? Or would that only happen if a supposed owner complaints?
And even if Valve were to remove it, wouldn't everyone that already bought it retain access?
only one way to find out - we have to sacrifice GrrImAFridge's steamworks licence, and test that theory :evilblob:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Oh look, first GOTY candidate of the year:

Shadow Tactics developers but this time it's time to sail the high seas
Interesting. I think they made a brilliant choice there. Following two 'mundane' worlds with a third would have been business as usual, and vanilla fantasy wouldn't have fared better. Going custom fantasy world has potential to vary the setting without feeling like just ANOTHER fantasy.

Reactions: thekeats1999
OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018

only one way to find out - we have to sacrifice GrrImAFridge's steamworks licence, and test that theory :evilblob:
There's no need to test a theory, it is not a theory. Remember Blackout Area 51 store page listing? it was taken down in 48 hours once people noticed and that was abandonware.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Anyone have experience buying clothes and specifically suits from amazon? I need some need clothes as cheaply as possible but not too crap. Since I'm struggling to get my weight under control I don't want to spend too much on something that might not fit and if it fits it might be too big sooner or later.

I see some comments on amazon that says that sizes are often Chinese, meaning their XL isn't the same as our. So people recommend to go bigger than your actual size.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Anyone have experience buying clothes and specifically suits from amazon? I need some need clothes as cheaply as possible but not too crap. Since I'm struggling to get my weight under control I don't want to spend too much on something that might not fit and if it fits it might be too big sooner or later.

I see some comments on amazon that says that sizes are often Chinese, meaning their XL isn't the same as our. So people recommend to go bigger than your actual size.
Yea, i read that too once when i was shopping for a carnival costume, so i bought it in XXL instead, but what i got had pants so wide you coulda easily fit three more people into it.

But you live in the glorious EU my friend, you can just buy any size, try it, and return it if it doesn't fit.
Then buy 4 more pieces if it does.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I am on Android since HTC Desire (I went from Nokia 5800 to HTC) and while I love that ecosystem I still admire iOS seamless transitions between most apps. And honestly if iPhone was more broadly available and better priced I would always recommend it to most od the family and relatives (yes I am sick of troubleshooting Android mobile issues for my family). That is why I am against moving iOS from closed ecosystem to more open one. Having option to pick closed ecosystem is still valid choice.
Right now I'm tight on money, and a friend offered good money for my iPhone 13 Pro Max, so it had to go. Honestly I don't mind either OS, iOS can be very boring at times, but I do appreciate a lot of it's features.

Reactions: thekeats1999

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018

To celebrate the launch of Risen on modern consoles (PS4, Xbox One and Switch) we also gave this SKU here an update.

The game now fully support DirectInput compatible gamepads (either use the launch option to force it or set Controller Mode in the games option menu).

We also updated the languages it supports (Polish and Russian are fully integrated) and added Steam Achievements and Rich Presence via Steam and Discord.

Along the way we did a few gameplay & technical (related to audio and physics) bugfixes, made it use 64bit and also added options like changing the FOV.
Savegames are also compatible with the old SKU and we also added Steam Cloud

Enjoy!

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Risen 1 is a great game.

Forspoken doesn't run half bad on GTX 1060 laptop, it's much better than I would have expected from those system requirements. Never gonna play it again tho :thumbsupblob:

Reactions: lashman

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Apr 17, 2019
Connecticut, USA
steamcommunity.com
This update is great. The controller support feels really nice on the Steam Deck and I really like how they handled the update (just made it a patch instead of a new App ID etc.).

Last edited:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Forspoken is not the disaster I feared, but that's after a quick demo play and I'm not too picky.
Basically on my 5800X3D / 2060 super I get 1440p/57 in traversal and 1440p/40 in combat. The French voice over does the job in a very video game way, so passable. The game clearly begs for at least a 3000 series card, but you don't always get what you want in life, game !

Tempted, but for one the perf could plunge later, and all this tech talk is well and good, but at first glance this is just another giant map littered with incredibly uninteresting loot.

But it's not an industrial fire.

edit -
Pushes my CPU to 46c.
I'm proud of you, son.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
Forspoken is not the disaster I feared, but that's after a quick demo play and I'm not too picky.
Basically on my 5800X3D / 2060 super I get 1440p/57 in traversal and 1440p/40 in combat. The French voice over does the job in a very video game way, so passable. The game clearly begs for at least a 3000 series card, but you don't always get what you want in life, game !

Tempted, but for one the perf could plunge later, and all this tech talk is well and good, but at first glance this is just another giant map littered with incredibly uninteresting loot.

But it's not an industrial fire.
This is my assumption as to why it actually spiked after reviews - basically the reviews confirmed everyone's fears/hopes from the trailers: The dialogue etc. is absolutely awful but the gameplay is reasonably fun. I think a lot of people were pensive that the gameplay would be hot garbage too (I mean the story quality was never going to be surprising after that first trailer).

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
The Forspoken demo didnt launch via Proton, interestingly – this hasnt happened in a long while–it opened with an error message that some DLL "didn't be installed" on my machine ;)

~

in other news, Ubisoft is doing another technical test for Skull and Bones between Jan 27 and Jan 30.

Reactions: MegaApple

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
You know what, credit where it's due: thanks S-E for providing a Forspoken demo.

The main reason I was interested in the game at all was to see what the engine can do, and now I can do that without spending the silly amount they want for purchasing it.

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
Good time to replay Risen

Status
Not open for further replies.