Community MetaSteam | July 2019 - Racing Towards Empty Wallets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Honestly, from what I've seen of EDF5 I don't really care much about the reviews. EDF4.1 was an amazing coop action game with even more amazingly silly story beats and VA, and 5 looks like more of the same, so I'm stoked.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Thankfully the reign of the Nazicorgis has come to an end. Free at last.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the Grand Prix. We realize that the race track had some unexpected turns – we tried to straighten them out when we could, and we’ll anticipate the curves better next time we invite you to the races.
We will be back, don't you worry :steam_gp_corgi:

By the way, I started Homefront The Revolution.

Its opening is definitely not great, I was almost dropping it. Until I got a bike and bought a crossbow. Getting a headshot with a crossbow is super good, and the overall gunplay with other guns is pretty good, especially with how customizable the guns appear to be. Driving around the KPA soldiers with a bike is pretty good too. I'm amazed at how good driving is. I'm going to keep playing it.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I'm glad lashman informed me of this post.

My Tips:
  • Don't play one campaign instead go to the next. Instead play Leon 1, Chris 1, Jake 1, Ada 1 - Rinse and Repeat (keeps up the variety, ties the story elements together and lets you beat all the campaigns back to back.
  • Utilize the melee system's full potential. Much like Re4/5 you should still primarily be stunning enemies by headshots (or other limbs) to pull off a melee move. You can also counter attacks about to hit you or Dodge/roll.
  • Remember that stamina can be quickly recovered by laying on the floor or being up against cover
  • The game is in-essence a brawler with guns than a shooter or regular RE game
There's even more than this, but that covers the general guide. The game definitely has a lot of issues, but the right mind set and tools can change your enjoyment. Unbeknownst to most, I HATED RE6 until I finally spent the time to learn the game.
I wil try it that way, thanks for your advice! :heroblob:

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
G2A was always among the shadiest of all key reseller, though recently I had the impression they did actually work with some publishers and devs. Wonder what started the recent amount of controversy.
Assumed this was the case when I heard about this vulnerability a month back or so, about the Unifiying technology that all modern wireless things Logitech sells are using. It's crazy that Logitech refuses to even consider fixing two issues. I assume this will be exploited quite heavily in the future, though I'm not sure how much harm it could actually do.

I hope he does not get killed for this email.
I wouldn't worry, imaginary people are pretty hard to kill.

Last edited:

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Honestly, from what I've seen of EDF5 I don't really care much about the reviews. EDF4.1 was an amazing coop action game with even more amazingly silly story beats and VA, and 5 looks like more of the same, so I'm stoked.
Id like to know if the games will ever get a constant framerate above 5 after having played 4.1 coop with a friend. Its exactly as bad i remember the 360 game being years ago.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
So I look at the flowchart for Virtue's Last Reward and it's way bigger than 999.
Then I reach the presumed end of the first path I chose... and it just adds another section :dizzy-face:

Also it's quite interesting how I bought Ray Gigant this sale and am quite enjoying it.
Why is this interesting? Well I had bought it some time in the past and refunded it because I didn't like it at all...

I restarted the game from the beginning and this time enjoyed it, lol. Maybe it was the reduced price point + me not being in a "hurry" figuring out if I like it or not before the refund time limit this time around.

Side note: the game looks quite good in battles.

Deleted member 113

Ended buying Open Sewers (thanks FunktionJCB), Slay the Spire, Astebreed and Aeternitas (I don't even know why).
I'm glad the games I posted about made a few more people aware of their existence. :cat-heart-blob:

Astebreed is also very fun. :)

I've basically refunded all the games I bought in the Steam Summer Sale to purchase EDF5 (and all of its DLC) later this month as I know I'll play it pronto :cool:
I was almost tempted to say "shame on you", but if it was to purchase EDF 5, it was for a great cause. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Also it's quite interesting how I bought Ray Gigant this sale and am quite enjoying it.
Always great to hear about someone enjoying Experience Inc.'s output. :highfiveblob:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Id like to know if the games will ever get a constant framerate above 5 after having played 4.1 coop with a friend. Its exactly as bad i remember the 360 game being years ago.
Have you played 4.1 on consoles or PC?
It's smooth as butter on PC.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Is Nelly good?
Spoonbeaks ahoy is a prettier remake of the free original version. It's a pretty funny ( subjective, I know) game, with some pretty challenging puzzles, considering how few options you have (the playtime is about 2 hours).
If you like it, I'd heartily recommend the sequel, Nelly and the Fowl Fleet, which had an actual budget, many more levels, and a great voice cast, hell, they got Tom Baker, of Dr. Who fame.

Status
Not open for further replies.