Community MetaSteam | July 2019 - Racing Towards Empty Wallets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Sale ends today so I'll probably buy it once I'm on my PC, we should exchange impressions while we play it and discuss the plot details as we go.

Who died in your ending? For me it was the daughter.
Sure, sounds like a plan.

I let the father sacrifice himself, seemed more in character for him and I was more interested in how the daughter deals with that

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Sure, sounds like a plan.

I let the father sacrifice himself, seemed more in character for him and I was more interested in how the daughter deals with that
I didn't know she was going to die, it felt right to respect her wish and let her stand on her own 2 feet. That moment comes for every parent/child and I felt like that was theirs. Then I was like "oh snap!"

Reactions: Milena

Ron Mexico

Not Michael Vick
Dec 7, 2018
That feeling when your life is so miserable that you second guess having bought the Capcom Bundle with a 5€ discount code.
I mean, I wanted that collection, but I liked those fucking 6 euros too. That's saying something about where my life is.

I just had to pay 150 euros in bank fees because last month was bad. Theoretically I get it, but those fees will kill this month now, you human trash !
Needed to vent a little. Like I alluded to I can totally accept my part in this, but it feels annoyingly like quicksands. No matter how much I try, I keep sinking back.
I'm on the other side of the pond but have been in banking for....too long. From the sounds of it, your account shows a positive balance as we speak. I would use this opportunity to apply for a small line of credit to cover. Most of the banks stateside will allow it to sweep over automatically and while the interest rate isn't great, it's a world better than paying per-item fees.

Taking it a step further, I would look for one that doesn't carry any kind of annual fee but for starters, just grabbing that small little safety blanket should save you a bundle. I would imagine you'd find offers for even something as small as a couple hundred euros.

Generally speaking, the underwriting process is a bit more lenient as compared to other loan types. Actually was lurking here after just finishing an app for a member in my office. Can also tell you, smaller institutions would be the more beneficial. Can speak from experience on both sides of the desk after years of working for the behemoths and now with a small little 6-office outfit.

And now back to our PC thread already in progress...

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
nope, this one. have a hard time connecting, often it just times out, had to try a few times to post. happened on mobile and desktop. maybe my dns.
huh, that's weird ... yeah, must've been your DNS then or something ... there aren't even that many people visiting the forum right now, so it should work just fine

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

---

Vane PC got a release date.

---

day1
Astrologaster | Twinfold | SwordBounce | They Came From the Sky | Armed to the Gears | Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy! HD | Forsaken Remastered | Code 7: A Story-Driven Hacking Adventure | How To Date A Magical Girl! | 7th Sector | ShadowSide | Save me Mr Tako: Tasukete Tako-San | Fragile Fighter | Shift Happens | Don't Disturb | MOTHERGUNSHIP | Aegis Defenders | 868-HACK | SiN Episodes: Emergence

day2
Cladun Returns: This Is Sengoku! / クラシックダンジョン 戦国 | Total War: WARHAMMER II - Rise of the Tomb Kings | PSYCHO-PASS: Mandatory Happiness - Digital Art Book | PSYCHO-PASS: Mandatory Happiness | Deserts of Kharak Expedition Guide | Grisaia Phantom Trigger Vol.2 | The Fruit of Grisaia | Cladun X2 / クラシックダンジョンX2 | Hedon | Pit People® | Risk System - Deluxe Edition Content | RRRR2 | Risk System | Vandals | Tardy | Otaku's Adventure | Planet of the Apes: Last Frontier | Project Nimbus: Complete Edition | The Secret Order 7: Shadow Breach | Skyland: Heart of the Mountain | Endless Fables 3: Dark Moor | Grimoire : Heralds of the Winged Exemplar (V2) | STEINS;GATE ELITE | Pinball Arcade: Stern Pack 3 | Devil Engine | Bio Inc. Redemption | The Forest | In The Shadows - Original Soundtrack | Tangledeep | TERRORHYTHM (TRRT) - Game OST | TERRORHYTHM (TRRT) - Rhythm driven action beat 'em up! | Tiny Echo | Bad North | In The Shadows | MidBoss | Omni Link | Bud Spencer & Terence Hill - Slaps And Beans | Sakura Dungeon | Courier of the Crypts | Invisible Fist | Locomotion | The Demon Crystal | The Great Geometric Multiverse Tour | JUMPGRID | Unblock Gridlock | Candleman - Soundtrack | Candleman: The Complete Journey | Unworthy | Pinball Wicked | The Spy Who Shrunk Me | Resynth | Mr. Maze | Detective Di: The Silk Rose Murders | 狄仁杰之锦蔷薇 | Giants: Citizen Kabuto | Dragon's Lair 2: Time Warp | Space Ace | Bitlogic - A Cyberpunk Arcade Adventure | Dragon's Lair | The Sims™ 3 Pets

day3
Friday the 13th: The Game - Jason Part 2 Pick Axe Kill Pack | Friday the 13th: The Game - Jason Part 7 Machete Kill Pack | Friday the 13th: The Game - Jason Part 4 Pig Splitter Kill Pack | Friday the 13th: The Game - Costume Party Counselor Clothing Pack | Friday the 13th: The Game - Emote Party Pack 1 | Friday the 13th: The Game - Spring Break 1984 Clothing Pack | Friday the 13th: The Game | Contra Anniversary Collection | LEGO® DC Super-Villains | Castlevania Anniversary Collection | Otem's Defiance | Grimsfield | Grand Theft Auto: Vice City | Grand Theft Auto III | Overload Community Level Pack | Overload: Original Soundtrack | Overload | LEGO® MARVEL's Avengers DLC - Marvel’s Ant-Man Pack | LEGO® MARVEL's Avengers DLC - Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War Character Pack | The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame | LEGO® MARVEL's Avengers Season Pass | Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals | 911 Operator - Search & Rescue | 911 Operator - Every Life Matters | 911 Operator - Special Resources | KAMIKO | Protolife | Steel Vampire / 鋼鉄のヴァンパイア | Tenta Shooter / The 触シュー | Redeemer - Original Soundtrack | Helium Rain | The Sims™ 3 Late Night

day4
Guard Duty | Snakeybus | GIGA WRECKER Soundtrack | GIGA WRECKER | Expeditions: Viking | Spartan Fist | Football, Tactics & Glory | Levelhead | Totally Accurate Battle Simulator | HELLMUT: The Badass from Hell | Barony | Dead Rising 2 - Sports Fan Skills Pack | Dead Rising 2 - Soldier of Fortune Pack | Dead Rising 2 - Psychopath Skills Pack | Dead Rising 2 - Ninja Skills Pack | Torment: Tides of Numenera | Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders | Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition | Sam & Max Hit the Road | Armed and Dangerous® | Guacamelee! 2 - The Proving Grounds (Challenge Level) | Guacamelee! 2 - Three Enemigos Character Pack | Guacamelee! 2 - Soundtrack | Remnants of Naezith | Guacamelee! Soundtrack | The Descendant - Complete Season (Episodes 1 - 5) | Glass Masquerade - Heritages Puzzle Pack | We Happy Few - Season Pass | Holy Potatoes! A Spy Story?! | Undead Horde

day5
Balancelot | Adventure Time: Finn and Jake's Epic Quest | Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six® Vegas | NightCry | Axiom Verge Making-Of Documentary | Celeste Soundtrack | STAR WARS™ SHADOWS OF THE EMPIRE™ | Axiom Verge Original Soundtrack | NecroVisioN + NecroVisioN: Lost Company | Choice of Rebels: Uprising | Choice of the Pirate | Choice of Robots | Choice of the Deathless | Choice of Alexandria | Heroes Rise: The Prodigy - Perfect Legend Guide | Heroes Rise: The Prodigy

day6
theHunter™: Call of the Wild - Weapon Pack 2 | theHunter™: Call of the Wild - Trophy Lodge Spring Creek Manor | theHunter™: Call of the Wild - Yukon Valley | theHunter™: Call of the Wild - ATV SABER 4X4 | theHunter™: Call of the Wild - Weapon Pack 1 | theHunter™: Call of the Wild - Duck and Cover Pack | EPONYMOUS | BlazBlue Centralfiction | Orbox C | Just Shapes & Beats - Monstercat Track Selection | Fire Pro Wrestling World: New Japan Pro-Wrestling 2018 Wrestler Pack | Fire Pro Wrestling World - Fighting Road: 2017 NJPW Junior Heavyweight Championship | Das Geisterschiff / The Ghost Ship | Path of Sin: Greed | Fire Pro Wrestling World - Fire Promoter | From Beyond Prologue | Lost in Vivo | Noir Chronicles: City of Crime | Quantum Replica

day7
Gary Grigsby's War in the West: Operation Torch | Green Hell | Gary Grigsby's War in the West | Don't Knock Twice | SteamWorld Dig 2 OST Feat. El Huervo | SteamWorld Dig - Soundtrack | Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs - Paragons and Pajamas | The Witch's House MV | theHunter™: Call of the Wild - Vurhonga Savanna | Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs - The Unending Grimoire | For The King | Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach | Hell is Other Demons | Regalia: Of Men and Monarchs | Nefarious

day8
MAXIMUM Action | My Lovely Daughter | Celestian Tales: Old North | Saint Hazel's Horsepital | Thief Simulator | Endless Space® 2 - Supremacy | Who Am I: The Tale of Dorothy | Endless Space® 2 - Digital Deluxe Upgrade | FINAL FANTASY IX

day9
The Cinema Rosa | Druidstone: The Secret of the Menhir Forest | TY the Tasmanian Tiger 2 | Shantae: Costume Pack | Shantae: Friends to the End | Shantae: Pirate Queen's Quest | Hero-U: Rogue to Redemption | Sonic Lost World | Equilinox | Metal Wolf Chaos XD

day10
异常 | Exception | DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours - Progear | DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours - Varth: Operation Thunderstorm | DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours - Side Arms Hyper Dyne | DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours - Metal Black | DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours - Night Striker | DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours - Fantasy Zone | DARIUSBURST Chronicle Saviours - Space Harrier | Men of War: Assault Squad 2 - Gold Edition (Men of War: Assault Squad 2 Deluxe + Airborne + Iron Fist) | Ultimate General: Civil War | Wargame: Airland Battle | Leaf | Trouble Witches Origin,additional character : Raya | Trouble Witches Origin,additional character : Conon | Trouble Witches Origin,additional character : Louis | Trouble Witches Origin,additional character : Cynfi | Trouble Witches Origin,Special additional character : Cotton | Trouble Witches Origin Soundtrack | Universe Sandbox ² | Aground | Spellcasting Collection | Screamer 2 | Plague Inc: Evolved Soundtrack | Sacrifice

day11
Self Shot | The Occupation | INSOMNIA: The Ark | Leisure Suit Larry - Wet Dreams Don't Dry | Asterix & Obelix XXL 2 | Deadlight: Director's Cut | State of Decay: YOSE | SharpShooter3D | Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle with Bonus | The Death of Erin Myers | Captain MaCaw

day12
The Surge 2 | MONSTER HUNTER: WORLD | SOULCALIBUR VI | Metro Exodus Expansion Pass | Deluxe Content - Cossacks 3: The Golden Age | Deluxe Content - Cossacks 3: OST | Deluxe Content - Cossacks 3: Path to Grandeur | Expansion - Cossacks 3: Guardians of the Highlands | NAIRI: Tower of Shirin | Deluxe Content - Cossacks 3: Rise to Glory | Deluxe Content - Cossacks 3: Days of Brilliance | Ace of Seafood | HELLDIVERS™ Digital Deluxe Edition | NEO AQUARIUM - The King of Crustaceans - | Cossacks 3 | SNK 40th ANNIVERSARY COLLECTION | ARCADE GAME SERIES 3-in-1 Pack | Love is Dead

day13
Heart's Medicine - Hospital Heat - Soundtrack | Heart's Medicine - Hospital Heat | Go! Go! Nippon! 2016 | Go! Go! Nippon! 2015 | Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 - Bentley REMASTERED DLC | METAL GEAR SOLID V: THE PHANTOM PAIN - Costume and Tack Pack | ZONE OF THE ENDERS THE 2nd RUNNER : M∀RS / アヌビス ゾーン・オブ・エンダーズ : マーズ | Emerald City Confidential™ | Arma 3 Contact | Arma 3 Tanks | Arma 3 Tac-Ops Mission Pack | Arma 3 Jets | Arma 3 Laws of War | Castaway Home Designer | Mortal Kombat 11 Kombat Pack | Mortal Kombat 11 | Arma 3 Apex | Arma 3 Marksmen | Arma 3 Helicopters | Scrap Garden | Arma 3 Karts | Arma 3

day14
Hero of the Kingdom III | Way of the Samurai 3 - Accessory Set | Way of the Samurai 3 - Weapon Set | Way of the Samurai 3 - Head and Outfit set | Where Are They Now? Set | Scroll Set | Car Mechanic Simulator 2018 - Porsche DLC | Children of Morta

day15
Dungeon Munchies | Get To The Orange Door | Spark the Electric Jester 2 | Eric The Unready | Mission Critical | Assassin's Creed® Odyssey | Spark the Electric Jester | Classic Adventure Pack

Managed to beat 2017 but this is probably the peak, did a lot of house cleaning with buying DLCs, soundtracks etc and filling gaps that needed to filled (like how come I didnt't own Arma3?). Next sales should be less messy.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
That feeling when your life is so miserable that you second guess having bought the Capcom Bundle with a 5€ discount code.
I mean, I wanted that collection, but I liked those fucking 6 euros too. That's saying something about where my life is.

I just had to pay 150 euros in bank fees because last month was bad. Theoretically I get it, but those fees will kill this month now, you human trash !
Needed to vent a little. Like I alluded to I can totally accept my part in this, but it feels annoyingly like quicksands. No matter how much I try, I keep sinking back.
I know the feeling, I've been making ends meet just barely for a few years now (I started off great after college but because of the economy the company I was working at went under and I was unemployed for a while). Still haven't recovered even though I have a decent wage. My only purchase in this sale was Banner Saga 2 which I bought just now, it cost 4.99 and I still feel guilty.

Edit: and right after posting this I see DerExperte's post lol...

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Managed to beat 2017 but this is probably the peak, did a lot of house cleaning with buying DLCs, soundtracks etc and filling gaps that needed to filled (like how come I didnt't own Arma3?). Next sales should be less messy.
jesus fucking christ on a bicycle o_O

Reactions: Milena

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Somebody just brought this to my attention on twitter and I love it:

This looks really interesting in the sense that there's a real focus on the couple's relationship. I've been waiting for a game to do something like this, to explore the dynamincs between a couple when put through the kind of adversities you usually encounter in a game. Instead of starting with a protagonist who then proceeds to flirt with other party members throughout the game this game seems to give us an established couple that seems to be written like you'd expect a normal adult couple to be, From the trailer the couple's interactions seem genuine and something anyone can relate to. I'm really interested in the game because of this approach.
What I'm saying is that as an adult I need more games that focus on adult relationships. Normal adults that talk about adult stuff and do adult stuff. I mean, I love Persona, Trails of Cold Steel, etc, but I'm tired of teenagers that get all awkward and blush when they accidentaly bump into someone from the opposite gender. That was me 20 years ago. It's weird considering people in their 30's are such a huge part of the gamer demographic, though I guess this big focus on teens is mostly a japanese thing. That's why it's so refreshing when you play The Witcher and characters have sex just because they want to. But the idea of surviving as a couple instead of by yourself or with people you meet throughout the game is very appealing to me. Even in Witcher or Mass Effect the focus is never the relationship between the protags because you are always given multiple choices, in this game the story seems to be built around it.

Last edited:

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
World of Final Fantasy - no alt-tab, no task manager, no ctrl+shift+esc, no nothing. Discovered on 1st launch without a controller attached and I could find no way to exit the game at all with a keyboard/mouse. It pissed me off so much I just bought that borderless gaming app on steam for .69p
FWIW, you can try to inject Kaldaien's SpecialK, which has a function to hijack Alt-F4 presses ingame.

Reactions: kafiend

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Somebody just brought this to my attention on twitter and I love it:

This looks really interesting in the sense that there's a real focus on the couple's relationship. I've been waiting for a game to do something like this, to explore the dynamincs between a couple when put through the kind of adversities you usually encounter in a game. Instead of starting with a protagonist who then proceeds to flirt with other party members throughout the game this game seems to give us an established couple that seems to be written like you'd expect a normal adult couple to be, From the trailer the couple's interactions seem genuine and something anyone can relate to. I'm really interested in the game because of this approach.
What I'm saying is that as an adult I need more games that focus on adult relationships. Normal adults that talk about adult stuff and do adult stuff. I mean, I love Persona, Trails of Cold Steel, etc, but I'm tired of teenagers that get all awkward and blush when they accidentaly bump into someone from the opposite gender. That was me 20 years ago. It's weird considering people in their 30's are such a huge part of the gamer demographic, though I guess this big focus on teens is mostly a japanese thing. That's why it's so refreshing when you play The Witcher and characters have sex just because they want to. But the idea of surviving as a couple instead of by yourself or with people you meet throughout the game is very appealing to me. Even in Witcher or Mass Effect the focus is never the relationship between the protags because you are always given multiple choices, in this game the story seems to be built around it.
The art for the game is done by the incredibly talented Koyoriin, which put the game immediately on my radar.
https://twitter.com/koyoriin

Too bad i'm lacking the SO to play it with. :crying-face:

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Apr 17, 2019
Connecticut, USA
steamcommunity.com
I finished up Sunset Overdrive and both expansions and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I think it’s a great deal at the default price.

I would recommend not starting the expansions until completing most or all of the campaign as they are definitely designed around you having a decent weapon setup (they have different color icons from the main quest and side quests). They both add new areas that are quite fun and the missions are pretty entertaining barring one where you are trapped in a ball with irritating controls.

The core gameplay loop of the game itself stays fun for the entire ride as you continue to add new weapons to your collection and get better at the whole "never stop moving" thing. By the end of the game I felt like I was capable of travelling pretty much anywhere in the city without touching the ground.

I also found myself really enjoying the story. It's goofy in a way that risks being annoying and unfunny... but it somehow works. The characters are totally endearing and there are all these little touches that bring out the humor so well.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
LTTP on this I know, but I've finally got around to starting EDF 4.1, and I'm only 5 missions in so far, but I really hope this picks up quick cos it's snooze inducingly simple so far =/

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019

Yep, I share that feeling. No matter how much or little I spend there's always that moment of fear of, "Oh no.. I should refund this/these right now. This is too much money. This will ruin everything." It makes it incredibly difficult to try to enjoy some things.. it sucks. :crying-face:

But as others have already said, hang in there! I'll be hoping that things can at least ease up soon if they don't get better quite yet.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
It is amazing how banks are always ready to charge more the poorest of their customers, and give free stuff to the wealthiest ones with the highest revenue.

I have discovered that the management fees at LCL (a French bank), which are about 2€/month, are only charged to customers who earn less than 800€/month. I am not talking about fees for having an overdraft. Just obfuscated fees for having an account at that bank, without doing anything wrong.

I don't know if they are a states-only thing, but credit unions are generally much friendlier to the non-wealthy than banks. It's worth remembering that a bank only exists to make money, and the way they do that is by investing the money people give them (or charging fees), so it makes sense for them to reward people that give them tons of money. Credit unions are as close as I can find to a non-profit bank, anyway. And my card from my CU has a chip and can be used as a debit or credit. The only real downside is that you are severely limited on free ATM withdrawals.

Well with Ryzen 3 being apparently quite remarkable and with a big range in good prices, I see a lot of people upgrading their rigs, even the ones with more modest budgets.
But I find it very interesting that pretty much everyone targets 1440p and 144FPS now... I really wonder if it's gonna cause issues with next gen consoles? They'll obviously go for the 4K marketing in general, and the difference in resolution is simple enough to deal with.

But the framerate?
I can't imagine, say, Ubisoft games ever running at 144FPS. They barely even run at 60FPS on very expensive hardware, so if they go back to a "30FPS" target on consoles, how is going to run on PC?
I can run AC: Odyssey at 1440, max settings, and get between 60-100 frames, but that's on a 2080 and i9. If I turn down some of the costly settings it can go higher but above 60 is somewhat pointless for non-FPS games, those are what are popularizing the higher refresh rate (and it is noticeable more in the controlling than the visuals). Ubi's games are hit or miss for optimization but the newer ones seem a bit more stable anyway. I've only played like on hour in 4k in Odyssey but I think I was getting close to 60 with shadows turned down slightly.

Definitely don't get swept up in the new trend too much. The 100+ refresh does feel nice in shooters but visually it's almost impossible to tell much above 60, and most games you wouldn't be able to feel a difference in controls either. 1440 and 4k are both nice resolutions but the refresh thing is almost strictly for the FPS players.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I always have this strange feeling when a major Steam sale ends. It's kinda like when your birthday party ends. I enjoyed it even with all the issues in the first week, I also got some nice games to play in coming weeks but I can't help but look forward to the next one. It doesn't help that Autumn sale is always my favorite one.

Shit, I don't even have that much of a wishlist anymore. Just NieR, FFXII and some indies in early access that I'm actually waiting for more updates to pull the trigger.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Hope you got that Borderlands 2: Commander Lilith DLC for free because the pricing is a tad aggressive. Guess we know what we can expect for Blands3 in terms of regional pricing.
yeah, i noticed that as well ... fucking awful "regional pricing" ... sigh

for lazy people:

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Banner Saga 2 is telling me that the save file from BS1 is in an old format that is no longer supported. Are you fucking kidding me?!

Edit: Finally got it to work, wasted a ton of time with this crap and ended up not having time to actually play the game.

Last edited:

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Virtue's Last Reward ending count:
2 To Be Continued
2 Bad Ends

:thinking-face:

Also I'll have to activate CheatEngine and pray the SpeedHack works, because those slow as fuck unskippable ever repeating scene transition scenes are killing me inside. They're a complete waste of time. At least make that shit faster or let me speed through it. I don't need to see the same stock door opening sequence for the gazillionth time, dammit. 999 felt much snappier.

/rant

Reactions: Kvik and Arsene

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
My haul from the steam summer sale is....

I bought some bread in real life though because that seemed like a better idea and what I could afford :disappointed-but-relieved-face:

No one bought any of my junk on steam during the sale so couldn't grab anything

Status
Not open for further replies.