Community MetaSteam | July 2019 - Racing Towards Empty Wallets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 113

hmm so its 20% cashback and not 20% off :unsure:
From what I'm seeing, the discount applies to the purchase, but they may be reducing by default to the donations.

Yeah, they are making it more confusing than needed, so there has to be a catch. ;)

Deleted member 113

Im only getting 15% off here. Still better than 10% so im not complaining I guess.
Yeah. Same here, because that's the default.
You can reduce the donations to zero, and get 20% off, from what I'm reading.

So it's 20% total, between donation and discount.

Check your "manage rewards" page, and you have a slider between donations and discounts.

Reactions: Arsene

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
Speaking of last minute purchases I finished Spark The Electric Jester today, what a fantastic game! Bear in mind that this project has been developed by a small team but they have nailed the essence of Sonic, the speed and momentum up and down the slopes. It's a remarkable game with an excellent OST.

The sequel is getting more reviews during the sales (very positive atm) so I may pick it up with the pack discount.

Deleted member 113

A question: is Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni any fun, outside of all the "fan service"?

I ask because I like beat'em ups, so I'm always in the mood for a game that provides some brainless fun, where you just hit stuff.
But, most games of the genre have expensive price tags (Koei Tecmo) and/or ridiculous amounts of DLCs, making purchasing a complete set an expensive purchase.

This game is currently affordable, and for some reason the pack that includes the game + all DLCs is cheaper than the game alone, so I was wondering if it's worth a look or not.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
A question: is Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni any fun, outside of all the "fan service"?

I ask because I like beat'em ups, so I'm always in the mood for a game that provides some brainless fun, where you just hit stuff.
But, most games of the genre have expensive price tags (Koei Tecmo) and/or ridiculous amounts of DLCs, making purchasing a complete set an expensive purchase.

This game is currently affordable, and for some reason the pack that includes the game + all DLCs is cheaper than the game alone, so I was wondering if it's worth a look or not.

The game part is okay. The story part melted my brain. I think I have a high tolerance to dumb anime shit but this one was too much.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Deleted member 113

The game part is okay. The story part melted my brain. I think I have a high tolerance to dumb anime shit but this one was too much.
Yeah, I was watching some gameplay videos, and it doesn't appear to be something I would enjoy.

I think I'll go with:

An older entry, but it includes most DLCs that were released for it, and the price is affordable.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Yeah, I was watching some gameplay videos, and it doesn't appear to be something I would enjoy.

I think I'll go with:

An older entry, but it includes most DLCs that were released for it, and the price is affordable.
lashman (and me) are proud of you for choosing DW :minos_emperor:

I like anime games but I do dislike these companies that think that they can slap a pair of tits (heh) in their games and call it a day.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Speaking of last minute purchases I finished Spark The Electric Jester today, what a fantastic game! Bear in mind that this project has been developed by a small team but they have nailed the essence of Sonic, the speed and momentum up and down the slopes. It's a remarkable game with an excellent OST.

The sequel is getting more reviews during the sales (very positive atm) so I may pick it up with the pack discount.
I actually picked up Spark 2 during the sale. Its a short game, took me less than 2 hours to beat.

But the real fun comes from trying to get a diamond medal on every level. Its so much fun replaying every level trying to find the fastest route, the levels are so open ended and there are so many shortcuts and skips to find. I had a blast getting all the medals. Still need to do the boss fights though.

Also should note that by "small team" outside of the music Spark was made by 1 dude. Just like his Sonic fangames.

Deleted member 113

I like anime games but I do dislike these companies that think that they can slap a pair of tits (heh) in their games and call it a day.
I like boobs as much as any guy, but the "gameplay" I've seen was a bit too much. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:
It seems their effort was all placed in the breast physics in those menus where you change costumes, and forgot to ship an actual game.

And so. many. interruptions.
I mean, let me beat people up, why stop the action with cutscenes every few seconds? Especially when every voice actress is apparently trying to mimic a child.

I can enjoy the stupidity, and b-movie ambience of something like Onechanbara, but from the gameplay videos I've seen, Valkyrie Drive just looks annoying and lousy.

Reactions: NarohDethan

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain

Well, I have just started this after Spark. As NarohDethan has pointed out, story seems to be dull as shit :D The gameplay part is better, it's a more basic version of Senran Kagura's moveset and combos. So it's difficult to recommend for now, I'm just a couple hours in.

I actually picked up Spark 2 during the sale. Its a short game, took me less than 2 hours to beat.

But the real fun comes from trying to get a diamond medal on every level. Its so much fun replaying every level trying to find the fastest route, the levels are so open ended and there are so many shortcuts and skips to find. I had a blast getting all the medals. Still need to do the boss fights though.

Also should note that by "small team" outside of the music Spark was made by 1 dude. Just like his Sonic fangames.
I wasn't sure if it was just a person or a team, I should have looked it up before posting. I'm sorry 🙏, this was so unprofessional.

Deleted member 113

There's a couple of new bundles on Fanatical:

If anyone doesn't have those Men of War games, it's a good deal.
The games are very fun, if you like the genre.

And, if your wallets still haven't had enough, WinGameStore just started their Summer Sale:

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I think I will drop Homefront TR, I'm completely lost regarding the story, dialogue and characters are meh, plus bugs. I have seen a lot of guards sliding infinitely, guards somehow entering places that they weren't supposed to be, bad clipping, random events repeating indefinitely in the exact same place right after I turn the camera from where it happened and all this in less than 2 hours. It just doesn't work for me.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
I need to contact Gabe to get more tokens.

You must have gotten tokens corresponding to your lifetime spendings.
I've spent >$5000 over the years and my total was <40,000 points.

Man why I am always responding to really old posts thinking they're new? It's where these notifications direct to...
hmmm

will probably create its own thread for it once new trailer appears
So looking forward to this one. Loved the demo.

Last edited:

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
Spent my F2P tokens to get my account up to level 40. It already got me Hyperdrive Massacre Booster pack random drop, so overall the event wasn't too terrible. I'd still rather have traditional discovery card drops though

:steam_cleanseal:

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I'm so glad that Team Cockatiel was first in the non-cheaters standings. :notlikethisblob:
Team Cockatiel was robbed as soon as they rewrote the rules, we plummeted from a solid 3rd-2nd seed to not even birdseed :/ the other racers were to envious of our dinosaur lineage, clearly.

In other news, I'm an idiot and thought the controllers for the Odyssey+ would connect through the headset, and I have no Bluetooth adapter so... a couple more days until I can play Beat Saber :minos_dj:

Reactions: NarohDethan

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
Team Cockatiel was robbed as soon as they rewrote the rules, we plummeted from a solid 3rd-2nd seed to not even birdseed :/ the other racers were to envious of our dinosaur lineage, clearly.

In other news, I'm an idiot and thought the controllers for the Odyssey+ would connect through the headset, and I have no Bluetooth adapter so... a couple more days until I can play Beat Saber :minos_dj:
oh i'm looking for people to destroy (or for getting destroyed?) in beat saber so i'm adding you if you don't mind.

btw i don't think i'm too bad in beat saber but holy hell those highscores, whats up with those. are they cheated? are there beat saber gods? whats up with the hardest difficulty? who can beat those tracks? am i just bad? btw i just played and am drowning in my own sweat currently.

Reactions: Alextended

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
You know you are in for a ride with Aliens Colonial Marines when after you exit the game it reopens by itself, refuses to alt+tab and forces you to restart Windows.
When that happens to me I Ctrl+Alt+Delete and then shut the .exe down with Task Manager. Can't recall an instance where it didn't work :D

Reactions: Kvik

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
oh i'm looking for people to destroy (or for getting destroyed?) in beat saber so i'm adding you if you don't mind.

btw i don't think i'm too bad in beat saber but holy hell those highscores, whats up with those. are they cheated? are there beat saber gods? whats up with the hardest difficulty? who can beat those tracks? am i just bad? btw i just played and am drowning in my own sweat currently.
haha sure. I have a fair few friends on Steam but I never seem to have much of a score list when playing score games for some reason. I thought for sure I'd be humiliated in Infinifactory but there's like, 2 people on my list :p I ended up playing more Muse Dash tonight instead while I laugh at myself for not having a Bluetooth receiver of all things in my PC accessory box.

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
Aliens Colonial Marines has crashed 3 times in the same spot, now tinkering with ini files to try to solve it.

Fuck you Randy you fucking thief.

Reactions: xinek and Tizoc

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Steam Input
  • Added Change Player Slot binding to Steam Input. This allows a Steam Input binding to change the player’s x-input slot as seen by a game. This can be mapped to a chord for easy application across all games, and as with all bindings, be set to cycle through slots via an activator. Intended for fighting games and such where a larger set of controllers may need to be regularly and easily swapped across a limited number of player slots.
This is really neat.
The ability to easily switch controller order in the overlay using the steam interface is already a godsend for local co-op, but this will be even more convenient.

IIRC, the Samsung Odyssey+ (unlike some other WMR HMDs) should actually have built-in bluetooth.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Well with Ryzen 3 being apparently quite remarkable and with a big range in good prices, I see a lot of people upgrading their rigs, even the ones with more modest budgets.
But I find it very interesting that pretty much everyone targets 1440p and 144FPS now... I really wonder if it's gonna cause issues with next gen consoles? They'll obviously go for the 4K marketing in general, and the difference in resolution is simple enough to deal with.

But the framerate?
I can't imagine, say, Ubisoft games ever running at 144FPS. They barely even run at 60FPS on very expensive hardware, so if they go back to a "30FPS" target on consoles, how is going to run on PC?

Reactions: Arsene

Deleted member 113

Which one would you recommend, Onechanbara Z2 or School Girl/Zombie Hunter?
I can't really say, since I'm yet to play School Girl/Zombie Hunter. :)

Onechanbara is an action game like, say, Devil May Cry. A clunky, cheap-ish, poor man's version of Devil May Cry. :p

The origins of the series are similar to EDF (they were both part of the Simple series of games, a series of low-budget games from publisher D3 Publisher; EDF and Onechanbara are probably the two popular series that came out of all those games).
Sadly, while Onechanbara has some of the "B-movie" and stupidity from EDF, it's nowhere near as much fun.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Hmh I'm reconsidering my goal to craft a badge for every game I have. Since there isn't much point to crafting badges outside wallpapers/emojis.

Granted if valve continues skip the sale cards.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
When that happens to me I Ctrl+Alt+Delete and then shut the .exe down with Task Manager. Can't recall an instance where it didn't work :D
World of Final Fantasy - no alt-tab, no task manager, no ctrl+shift+esc, no nothing. Discovered on 1st launch without a controller attached and I could find no way to exit the game at all with a keyboard/mouse. It pissed me off so much I just bought that borderless gaming app on steam for .69p

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
World of Final Fantasy - no alt-tab, no task manager, no ctrl+shift+esc, no nothing. Discovered on 1st launch without a controller attached and I could find no way to exit the game at all with a keyboard/mouse. It pissed me off so much I just bought that borderless gaming app on steam for .69p
Damn that sucks (especially since I'm considering getting that Maxima DLC :p). How well did the game play with windowed borderless? I hear the performance can get a little worse when using it, which is why I always opt for true fullscreen instead. Well that and because I get distracted enough as is so the last thing I need when playing a game is having easy access to alt+tab on the fly!

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Zanki Zero for only 9,99 Euro. Not bad for doing nothing in this Steam Sale event. :unsure: I got four 5 Euro coupons (60,000 tokens). I wonder why i got them only today.
All remaining boost potential was converted to tokens at the end of the sale. (This was actually noted in the rules from day 1 -- I remember since I wasn't sure at that point if I could actually manage to use all my boost)

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
That feeling when your life is so miserable that you second guess having bought the Capcom Bundle with a 5€ discount code.
I mean, I wanted that collection, but I liked those fucking 6 euros too. That's saying something about where my life is.

I just had to pay 150 euros in bank fees because last month was bad. Theoretically I get it, but those fees will kill this month now, you human trash !
Needed to vent a little. Like I alluded to I can totally accept my part in this, but it feels annoyingly like quicksands. No matter how much I try, I keep sinking back.

Deleted member 113

That feeling when your life is so miserable that you second guess having bought the Capcom Bundle with a 5€ discount code.
I mean, I wanted that collection, but I liked those fucking 6 euros too. That's saying something about where my life is.

I just had to pay 150 euros in bank fees because last month was bad. Theoretically I get it, but those fees will kill this month now, you human trash !
Needed to vent a little. Like I alluded to I can totally accept my part in this, but it feels annoyingly like quicksands. No matter how much I try, I keep sinking back.
Sadly, we still live in a society where most people still struggle to have a decent, comfortable life, while others spend more money on a vacation, or a watch, than most of us do in our lifetimes.
I'm particularly thinking about footballers. I find it pretty much insulting that a guy studies, works hard, and is always tight in terms of budget, while some jackass who can't even read or write kicks a few balls, and makes more money in a month than I made in my entire life.

I thankfully had some "disposable" funds available to spend on a few games and movies I wanted this month, so I can't complain too much.
But, that was at the expense of working 6-7 days a week, 12-18 hours each day, since March/April, I rarely dine at a restaurant, I rarely travel (for years I didn't have any vacations, and for the last 3-4 years, I started to, but it's, at best, 3 nights at some cheap-ish place not far from home).

The cost of life keeps increasing here, everything from food to taxes, while wages stay pretty much the same.

Just hang in there, Li Kao .:cat-heart-blob:
Sadly, most people are on the same "boat".

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
It is amazing how banks are always ready to charge more the poorest of their customers, and give free stuff to the wealthiest ones with the highest revenue.

I have discovered that the management fees at LCL (a French bank), which are about 2€/month, are only charged to customers who earn less than 800€/month. I am not talking about fees for having an overdraft. Just obfuscated fees for having an account at that bank, without doing anything wrong.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
It is amazing how banks are always ready to charge more the poorest of their customers, and give free stuff to the wealthiest ones with the highest revenue.
capitalism™

Reactions: xinek

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Damn that sucks (especially since I'm considering getting that Maxima DLC :p). How well did the game play with windowed borderless? I hear the performance can get a little worse when using it, which is why I always opt for true fullscreen instead. Well that and because I get distracted enough as is so the last thing I need when playing a game is having easy access to alt+tab on the fly!
Can't say I noticed a decline in performance and I have a fps counter in the corner only because I too lazy to turn it off. I'm not overly sensitive though and don't pay much attention to the counter so take that as you will. Certainly haven't noticed any significant problems. I have been playing at 4k, have the shadow resolution at 4096 and all seems fine. I do have the Maxima DLC btw.
I'm an alt-tabber by nature and need so running in full-screen windowed means I actually play the game rather than getting a refund on a WTF is this shit? basis.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

InquisitorAles

I know nothing
Oct 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
So, I did it, I made and published my first YouTube video:

I admit I didn't expect it to be so hard to make this video, but I did it after all and you can see the results now. Hopefully, my English is easy to understand for you guys, planning to make some more in the future, probably shorter than this one and with less footage of myself, audio-only is significantly easier to make.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
So I've been wondering how Valve should re-implement the meta game from this grand prix event in the next sale

First let's break down how the model they made it was designed as
1- Buy games to get gas cans
2- Play games for at least 30 mins to get points or idle a game u got lots of cheevos in for 30 mins to get points also
3- Go to bottom of grand prix page
4- Press button to send points to gas can
5- Go to top of grand prix page
6- Press boost to send points from gas can to team to earn coins. This consumes gas cans, go back to step 1 to get more gas cans
7- Use 15000 coins ro get $5 coupon off ur next purchase

Valve also offered bonus points as a 'loyalty reward' to some users letting them get more coins during the sale.

Now the whole purpose of gas cans and points is for team progression.
This make me wonder how Valve could simplify it for the next sale so that it doesn't push users away from participating due to how confusing it is this time.

Way I think it could be done is as follows:

Remove the manual middle sections of gas cans and points.
Instead keep activities, and reward coins for doing activities AND purchasing stuff on the store.
Purchases and activities can go towards points for any team centric meta game they have too.
Keep the 'loyalty reward' offering bonus coins to users at the start of the sale.
Make it so that activities can net a user a $5 coupon for 15,000 coins but make it so that it would reward a user AT LEAST that if they choose not to avail for any emoticons, badges, etc.
Said activities can either be daily or pre-set to allow a user to handle them however they choose. So it can be a mix of Spring Cleaning+store utilization for example. Also bring back discovery que and assign coins to completing a que, like say 100 coins per que.

This makes it easier to get more people to participate because they'll know what to do while having a simple worthwhile reward from doing it.
Activities can also include posting or uploading screenshots to the activity feed. Granted some may choose the easy way out, but the fact that it encourages users to USE THE STEAM CLIENT'S FEATURES could help motivate users to use such features more in their daily PC gaming usage.
I make it a habit of each day looking at my peep's activity feeds and thumbs up their purchases, screenshots and such.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Oh shoot! I still have a ton of points to spend or shall i forget about 'em and hope Valve uses them in the next event?

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
So, I did it, I made and published my first YouTube video:

I admit I didn't expect it to be so hard to make this video, but I did it after all and you can see the results now. Hopefully, my English is easy to understand for you guys, planning to make some more in the future, probably shorter than this one and with less footage of myself, audio-only is significantly easier to make.
Ooooh, thanks for this, I'll check it in detail after work!
You always take amazing screenshots, I'm always looking forward to your new uploads :)

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
Oh shoot! I still have a ton of points to spend or shall i forget about 'em and hope Valve uses them in the next event?
I am wondering about this as well. I still have 9000ish tokens left, not enough for a discount. They rolled over the unspent Lunar Sale points into this sale, so maybe we get to use the unused tokens duty the Autumn Sale?

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I'm thinking of getting banner saga 2 but I just realized that I've forgotten some stuff from the first game. I remember the overall plot and
which character died in the end
but the smaller details and the role of inividual characters are lost on me. I wonder if the game makes it easy enough to get back into the story, I really liked the first but I don't want to replay it right now.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
I'm thinking of getting banner saga 2 but I just realized that I've forgotten some stuff from the first game. I remember the overall plot and
which character died in the end
but the smaller details and the role of inividual characters are lost on me. I wonder if the game makes it easy enough to get back into the story, I really liked the first but I don't want to replay it right now.
I'll tell you about my experience, as I plan to start Banner Saga 2 and I also only have a rough outline of the story and world from the first one in memory.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
I'll tell you about my experience, as I plan to start Banner Saga 2 and I also only have a rough outline of the story and world from the first one in memory.
Sale ends today so I'll probably buy it once I'm on my PC, we should exchange impressions while we play it and discuss the plot details as we go.

Who died in your ending? For me it was the daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.