Community MetaSteam | July 2019 - Racing Towards Empty Wallets

Status
Not open for further replies.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
I guess you gotta do what you gotta do, but condoning piracy is kind off a dick move.
Well when the whole existence of that store can be summarized as a dick move, then I have no sympathy for any party involved with it. Unless we're talking about a struggling developer/publisher that is barely scraping by, like Gearbox or Ubisoft.

On sale AGAIN. But only 20% instead of 25% during summer seal.
Got it on the sale, finished it yesterday! Had quite the enjoyable time with it, the puzzles logic was especially solid and made sense. The one thing that I didn't exactly love about it was
the ending. I found it to be somewhat unsatisfying, especially when the key evidence to cracking the whole case open was something that I noticed within the very first chapter of the game!

Nonetheless I'd still recommend it. A very solid adventure game!

goat

Mass Erect
Jan 21, 2019
Since joining Metacouncil and adding a bunch of you to my Steam friends list, the activity feed has become an absolute joy to use, I love seeing what all of you are buying, what is being wishlisted (found some real gems that way), achievements people are unlocking, and especially the screenshots. Thank you to everyone taking the time to take awesome screenshots and sharing them with us. If you aren't friends with me on Steam yet, please add me! The more the merrier.

Echoes

"My destiny is to continue fighting"
Oct 31, 2018
Castelló, Spain
Since joining Metacouncil and adding a bunch of you to my Steam friends list, the activity feed has become an absolute joy to use, I love seeing what all of you are buying, what is being wishlisted (found some real gems that way), achievements people are unlocking, and especially the screenshots. Thank you to everyone taking the time to take awesome screenshots and sharing them with us. If you aren't friends with me on Steam yet, please add me! The more the merrier.
I added you, hope you don't mind :p

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
:wd_heart:

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
You're the goat of all time ☺

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
There's a little more to the XSEED story than just "NISA stole Ys VIII", but in the end it doesn't matter - XSEED likely won't touch any Falcom titles ever again.

All I'll say, is that from what I've heard, it wasn't NISA's fault that they lost Ys VIII.

Reactions: lashman

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
There's a little more to the XSEED story than just "NISA stole Ys VIII", but in the end it doesn't matter - XSEED likely won't touch any Falcom titles ever again.

All I'll say, is that from what I've heard, it wasn't NISA's fault that they lost Ys VIII.
Ooh, do tell.
Hide the information if need be.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Sorry, I promised a friend that I wouldn't say anything publicly. You'll just have to believe me.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Top Releases of June 2019

23 Jul @ 7:03pm - Alden

We're continuing our new monthly series with a look at the top games released on Steam during the month of June. As with last month's post, this list looks at all games released during the month and grabs the top 20 by revenue earned in the first two weeks following release.

About half of this month’s top releases come from teams releasing their very first game on Steam. Some of these teams have been making games for a while on consoles or for mobile markets, while others are brand-new teams working together for the first time. Barotrauma, Cooking Sim, SpaceEngine, Bloodstained, MyFriendPedro, Super Neptunia, Hardcore Mecha, Nine Trials, Wasteland Survival, Ring of Elysium, and Lords Mobile are all Steam firsts from these developers.

Meanwhile, a total of seven of the top releases either entered or left Early Access in the month of June, continuing to demonstrate a strong interest in a live model of development that incorporates player feedback.

A number of these games found success with niche audience groups, so it’s great to see that those groups are big enough and engaged enough to drive these games into the top 20. Pro Cycling Manager 2019 is a game that traditionally sells to players in Western Europe (France in particular), and is likely propelled by the interest in the Tour De France kicking off just days after release of the game. Meanwhile, F1 Racing’s success would indicate a lot of players are following the latest season of F1 racing and probably have racing wheels hooked up to their PCs. We’re also pleased to see an educational exploration game like SpaceEngine make the list because we all love space, right?

Top Releases
Here is this month's list of top new releases ordered by release date (we've put this list on a handy store page too):

Trover Saves the Universe - 3D platformer action in a bizarre comedy universe from the co-creator of Rick and Morty. Released June 4th.

Barotrauma - Just arrived into Early Access - 2D survival on a submarine plunging deep below the surface of a frozen ocean. Released June 5th.

Hell Let Loose - Just arrived into Early Access - WWII FPS with 100 player battles and a strategic meta game including a dynamically shifting front line and resource management. Released June 6th.

Cooking Simulator - Play in sandbox mode or take on a career in this cooking simulator with full physics and realistic ingredients. Released June 6th.

OCTOPATH TRAVELER - Eight unique and unforgettable story paths and characters with retro JRPG style and a fully developed 3D world. Released June 7th.

コイカツ / Koikatsu Party - Endless customization options and roleplaying with variety of anime companions. Note: This game is marked as 'adult only' and requires you to be signed in to view. Released June 10th.

SpaceEngine - Just arrived into Early Access - A fully science-based & photorealistic 3D planetarium that models the entire known universe, with procedural generation of the unknown. Released June 11th.

They Are Billions - Coming out of Early Access - Build and survive in this steampunk strategy game set on a post-apocalyptic planet under siege. Released June 18th.

Police Simulator: Patrol Duty - From routine traffic stops to fugitive pursuits - simulate the life of a US police officer in this open world crime simulator. Released June 18th.

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night - An exploration-focused, side-scrolling action RPG by Koji Igarashi of Castlevania fame. Released June 18th.

AMID EVIL - A retro fast-paced FPS from the producers of Dusk and creators of Return of the Triad. Released June 20th.

Steel Division 2 - Coming out of Early Access - A historically-accurate strategy game set on the Eastern Front of WWII - Strategic campaigns, real-time battles and a unique deck building system. Released June 20th.

My Friend Pedro - A violent ballet about friendship, imagination, and one man’s struggle to obliterate anyone in his path at the behest of a sentient banana. Released June 20th.

Muse Dash - Dance and parkour your way through to 30 original songs in this fast paced rhythm game with full Japanese voiceover. Released June 20th.

Super Neptunia RPG - A JRPG adventure with a refreshing 2D twist on the classic Neptunia series. Released June 20th.

Ring of Elysium - Coming out of Early Access - A free-to-play game with a unique take on battle royales set in an apocalyptic world with natural disasters, player abilities and grappling hooks. Released June 24th.

HARDCORE MECHA - Start a campaign or test your multiplayer skills in this 2D platformer with intense mecha combat. Released June 26th.

F1 2019 - The official game of F1 racing, featuring all the teams, drivers and circuits from the 2019 and 2018 seasons. Released June 27th.

Pro Cycling Manager 2019 - Manage your own team of professional cyclists and claim victory in over 200 races around the world. Released June 27th.

九劫曲:诅咒之地 NINE TRIALS - Just arrived into Early Access - Play as an Immortal in this refreshed battle royale experience with melee combat and RPG elements. Released June 28th.

--

Top Free Releases
The above list is generated by looking at revenue as one measure of popularity. But we know that this measure doesn’t fully capture the popularity of free games that many players may be enjoying but that don’t generate revenue the same way as the kinds of traditional paid games listed above. So this month, we’re also adding a list of the top five free games released in June, measured (and ranked here) by peak player count within the first two weeks following release.

This month, Ring of Elysium makes both lists by establishing a solid player base during Early Access and throughout launch.

Dota Underlords - Hire a crew and destroy your rivals in this new strategy battler set in the world of Dota. Released June 20th.

Ring of Elysium - Coming out of Early Access - A unique take on battle royales set in an apocalyptic world with natural disasters, player abilities and grappling hooks. Released June 24th.

Black Squad - Coming out of Early Access - Skill and strategy reign supreme in this military based FPS with a variety of game modes and unlockable weapons. Released June 26th.

Lords Mobile - Clash with 280 million other players on both mobile and Steam in a world of real-time strategy and chaos. Released June 3rd.

Wasteland Survival - Develop your own base and craft specialized supplies in this isometric post-apocalyptic survival game. Released June 3rd.

--

One Year Ago
As we were building the above lists, we got curious about what popular games came out in previous years. So we looked back to a year ago in June 2018, and found the top 5 releases (in order of release date) were
Vampyr, Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor - Martyr, Jurassic World Evolution, Crash Bandicoot™ N. Sane Trilogy, The Crew 2.

--

If you missed past Top New Releases lists, here are the links to The Top Releases of April and The Top Releases of May.

Cheers!
-The Steam Team

Firewithin

MetaMember
Dec 19, 2018
what is the correct order to play through RE games? I think i have most of them but not sure the order as ive never played an RE game gasps

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
This is what all those Steam naysayers don't seem to comprehend or understand; Steam is among the very few, if not only, PC gaming serivce that offers such a social system.
It's the equivalent of Miiverse or friend activity on PS4 and other consoles for example. If it's fine for consoles to have it, so too should PC platform or services.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm telling you there is a lot of money to be made with ....
Eroge games

Also they didn't really mention Muse Dash, does the dev have another game on Steam?

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

But they were outbid by NISA, so I assume Xseed was actually interested in continuing their trend of providing PC ports.
I think part of why NISA got it was their promise in delivering both console and PC ports, so maybe Xseed just wasn't willing to promise that, at any rate Falcom was clearly more impressed with NISA. Either that or it was really just nepotism.

What you are writing seems like there was already trouble brewing at Xseed internally.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
what is the correct order to play through RE games? I think i have most of them but not sure the order as ive never played an RE game gasps
Whichever order you prefer.
The OG PS1 games and their re-releases (not remakes), utilize a tank control system so if that's not your thing, consider the remake releases on Steam.

My very first RE game that I finished was RE5 and I quite enjoyed it. It has its issues but as a co-op shooting action game, it was fun to go through it with a friend.

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Rage 2 50% off

Also the upgrade to Deluxe costs 1600 Rage Coins in the in-game store which leads to that being cheaper than the difference between buying Rage 2 vs Rage 2 Deluxe at least in some regions.

And F4 Season Pass -67%, new low maybe.

Last edited:
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Oninaki releases in August? Did I include it in my preview? If not, why didn't any of you lugnuts speak up :V

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Honestly, my thoughts on EGS have shifted. Not positively, more in apathy. Like, the whole thing is more than likely just going to flounder on its own accord, with how incompetently its being handled on every single front. So, no real reason to feel bad about getting Tetris Effect, and buying it again a year later.

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Just added you due to this inspirational message. I have exactly one Steam friend (from IRL, how lame) after being on the platform for a couple of years lol. I mostly just play single player games on the PC and don't get involved in any community stuff, but I guess it's time to branch out.

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Really want Octopath but its sooo expensivee

Reactions: lashman

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
But they were outbid by NISA, so I assume Xseed was actually interested in continuing their trend of providing PC ports.
I think part of why NISA got it was their promise in delivering both console and PC ports, so maybe Xseed just wasn't willing to promise that, at any rate Falcom was clearly more impressed with NISA. Either that or it was really just nepotism.

What you are writing seems like there was already trouble brewing at Xseed internally.
What I'll say, is that XSEED knew NISA wanted Falcom. NISA outright told me they started betting as far back as Ys Seven. XSEED found out later, but the crux of the issue is that they knew NISA wanted Falcom but still skipped on Tokyo Xanadu. Make of that what you will.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
What I'll say, is that XSEED knew NISA wanted Falcom. NISA outright told me they started betting as far back as Ys Seven. XSEED found out later, but the crux of the issue is that they knew NISA wanted Falcom but still skipped on Tokyo Xanadu. Make of that what you will.
Tokyo Xanadu ex+ and Ys VIII must have been coming up around the same time, so I would assume XSEED just focused on the bigger franchise. Fairly sensible business move.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Tokyo Xanadu ex+ and Ys VIII must have been coming up around the same time, so I would assume XSEED just focused on the bigger franchise.
Nobody knew about eX+ until after Aksys had already announced the basegame. I'll rephrase - people at XSEED wanted to do Tokyo Xanadu, but management had to decide between it and a different title. At the time, the company did NOT have the manpower for PC ports, and they didn't want to publish a Vita exclusive.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Man I really like the enemy designs in Ray Gigant

Game itself is still fun - I beat the first dungeon now.
Leveling/getting new equipment is kind of addicting: The way it works is, you don't buy them, get drops or craft them, instead each character has the equipment in their skill tree (weapon, shield, accessory, and depending on the character different types of weapons or shields unlockable later on). You spend Materia (enemy drop) to upgrade those skills, but that in itself does not give you stronger equipment. No, instead you spend another enemy drop (Breed) on them to play the equipment gacha. The level of the skill is the level of the equipment you will get. If you already own that piece of equipment it will be upgraded to that level. It's fun.

Also the Slash Beat Mode (aka ultimate attack) I unlocked in that boss fight is soo typical over-the-top anime :D
Stab yourself with your super special magic weapon to transform and dish out lots of damage (depending on how good you are in the little rhythm minigame that suddenly pops up). Nice.

goat

Mass Erect
Jan 21, 2019
I was just able to take advantage of a price error on Date A Live. When the game launched, they mistakenly left up the pre-order deal, so it took another 20% off the already discounted price. I was able to snag it for $31.99!

Status
Not open for further replies.