Community MetaSteam | July 2019 - Racing Towards Empty Wallets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018

Walking is tiring, but thankfully this guy is giving me a hand.

The bad thing about this whole saga is that Falcom will continue to have a working relationship with NISA as long as they can move units for PS4 and Switch. As long as the sales numbers look good during Falcom's investor's meeting, Kondo wouldn't care if the PC version has been abandoned and left to rot.

Secondly, anyone who has played any Trails games extensively can tell you that Xseed's localization was really second to none. Will NISA's localization of Cold Steel III retains the same flair, terminologies, and character traits? I simply don't have the confidence.

Anyway, apologies if I always sound negative whenever this topic comes up. I'm sure Theswweet 's review of CS3 will be most illuminating when the time comes. Until then...
:wd_pc:
It's crazy how hard I cooled off of Falcom. Like, one day it's literally "buy everything day 1 no question asked" and the next day it's "I'll pick them up for a cheap in a sale, but it will probably be a mess anyway."
A shame. But if Kondo doesn't give a shit about the international/PC audience, I'm not going to give a shit about future Falcom games either.

On the topic of Cold Steel III, NISA, Xseed and localization though... how many of the Trails localization people are even still left at Xseed?

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
On the topic of Cold Steel III, NISA, Xseed and localization though... how many of the Trails localization people are even still left at Xseed?
They fired all of them.
(NISA rehired a few for name recognition)

BernardoOne

MetaMember
Oct 19, 2018
Both Gundam and SupaRoboTai games will be region locked to Japan/Southern Asia, so I wouldn't count them as playable... :\
There won't be any locks on the steam store version so you can just get someone from Japan to gift it to you.

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
I'm unsure about the exact number, I only know of Sara Leen who worked on Trails FC/SC/3rd is still there. You obviously know Nick Colucci has moved to Nexon, Wyrdwad and Hatsuu are now freelance, and H.Protagonist is out there somewhere.

Reactions: Ascheroth

RionaaM

Vogon Poetry Appreciator
Sep 6, 2018
You know, I really don't appreciate being lied to. To each their own, I'm not gonna police where someone chooses to do business, but it'd be nice if you were being honest here.

It's crazy how hard I cooled off of Falcom. Like, one day it's literally "buy everything day 1 no question asked" and the next day it's "I'll pick them up for a cheap in a sale, but it will probably be a mess anyway."
A shame. But if Kondo doesn't give a shit about the international/PC audience, I'm not going to give a shit about future Falcom games either.

They brought this on themselves when they went with NISA. It's a shame they blew the Ys 8 port.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
As I said, there's sooooo many games coming to PC that were impossible to think about being there a few years ago that I CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER EVERYTHING :sweaty-blob:

It's Amazing.
I know right? I've nearly always been PC-only yet always liked japanese games, and there has never been a better time than now.
I'm unsure about the exact number, I only know of Sara Leen who worked on Trails FC/SC/3rd is still there. You obviously know Nick Colucci has moved to Nexon, Wyrdwad and Hatsuu are now freelance, and H.Protagonist is out there somewhere.
Yep, those are the ones I knew about.

Reactions: Mor and Kvik

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
You know, I really don't appreciate being lied to. To each their own, I'm not gonna police where someone chooses to do business, but it'd be nice if you were being honest here.
If you think about the Epic Mega Sale then I refunded the stuff I bought. Was hard to refund Borderlands 3 as it was cheap, but knowing it is 6 month exclusive made it easier.

Btw, the refund support people were quite nice, so good on Epic for at least having decent support.

I still really want Hades, but Im gonna wait for Steam release.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
i would call the support nice , when you need to send friggin 3 or 4 mails for refund to go through
I only ever sendt 2 mails if I recall correctly. The first one was the actual refund request from their support site, the 2nd one was me thanking the support person for being quick (took 2-4 hours).

Reactions: prudis

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I'd still highly prefer Steam refund system, thank you very much.

Refunded a couple of games in the summer sale and I didn't even have to type anything, let alone send some emails explaining my reasons that they have no business to know. It's just a few clicks and it's refunded.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Apr 17, 2019
Connecticut, USA
steamcommunity.com
I purchased and beat Vane yesterday. It was ok. It felt a bit like they ran out of development money and just had to release it as is. It just feels like there are some weird holes in the games in terms of content, gameplay, and story. Also Unity runs hella sketchy. I would be locked at 60 FPS one moment and then go to aggressive choppiness when looking at a different area of the level. It was never clear why the issue occurred- no jumps in scene complexity, etc. Setting the graphics option to low appeared to fix this, resolution settings did not.

The most important issue is the broken achievement though :(

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Tetris Effect is reportedly out on EGS. Now Im just waiting for Captain Sparrow to set sail. Hopefully no Denuvo.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I've bought bunch of VNs... just don't how the hell I'm going to play them, since I always play in public and I don't want to be seen playing any animu shite haha. Eventhough it's France and they are quite anime crazy but still.

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
Tetris Effect is reportedly out on EGS. Now Im just waiting for Captain Sparrow to set sail. Hopefully no Denuvo.
I guess you gotta do what you gotta do, but condoning piracy is kind off a dick move.

I've bought bunch of VNs... just don't how the hell I'm going to play them, since I always play in public and I don't want to be seen playing any animu shite haha. Eventhough it's France and they are quite anime crazy but still.

No one's going to suspect anything.

Last edited:

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
SRW is very good news, in the past there were a number of Bandai Namco games that never got PC releases but that seems to have changed very recently. It would seem like Bandai will not make a stand alone PC port of games but will make a PC port of a game if it's being released along side another. Examples of games being published by Bandai that will be said games first PC version, Ni no Kuni 1, Digimon Cyber Sleuth, the SRW games. The Digimon and SRW games are being the game is also being ported to N/S and NnK1 is because it's being ported to PS4 (the remastered version).

It does not seem like Bandai goes through it's old catalogue and chooses old games and makes "new" PC ports of them so a Gundam Breaker 3 will likely not happen unless it gets a N/S version.

Compared to SE and SEGA who announce/release PC version a year or so later after the console versions.

Capcom announces/releases pretty much everything on PC now (if it's coming to PS4 it's coming to PC, sans RE7 VR mode, the N/S MH games will likely not come to PC though) with MHW being the only thing not available at the same time as consoles.
Where's kill la kill store page bamco you fucks
You mean Arc System Works?

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
InquisitorAles dropping the disappointment bombs over on Era.

"RIP Slightly Mad Studios, they were bought by Mail.ru Group, russian f2p publisher and tech giant. It's all in the local news, expect an announcement in english soon."

Soooo, more monetization ahead perhaps? Pay-Per-Lap? Pay-For-Fuel or Pay-For-Tyres? I wonder how their new console factored into this decision?
Did it all those product renders and marketing eat up their money or was this in the works for a long while?

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
SRW is very good news, in the past there were a number of Bandai Namco games that never got PC releases but that seems to have changed very recently. It would seem like Bandai will not make a stand alone PC port of games but will make a PC port of a game if it's being released along side another. Examples of games being published by Bandai that will be said games first PC version, Ni no Kuni 1, Digimon Cyber Sleuth, the SRW games. The Digimon and SRW games are being the game is also being ported to N/S and NnK1 is because it's being ported to PS4 (the remastered version).

It does not seem like Bandai goes through it's old catalogue and chooses old games and makes "new" PC ports of them so a Gundam Breaker 3 will likely not happen unless it gets a N/S version.

Compared to SE and SEGA who announce/release PC version a year or so later after the console versions.

Capcom announces/releases pretty much everything on PC now (if it's coming to PS4 it's coming to PC, sans RE7 VR mode, the N/S MH games will likely not come to PC though) with MHW being the only thing not available at the same time as consoles.

You mean Arc System Works?

InquisitorAles

I know nothing
Oct 19, 2018
www.youtube.com
InquisitorAles dropping the disappointment bombs over on Era.

"RIP Slightly Mad Studios, they were bought by Mail.ru Group, russian f2p publisher and tech giant. It's all in the local news, expect an announcement in english soon."

Soooo, more monetization ahead perhaps? Pay-Per-Lap? Pay-For-Fuel or Pay-For-Tyres? I wonder how their new console factored into this decision?
Did it all those product renders and marketing eat up their money or was this in the works for a long while?
Sorry, forgot to post it here. Mail.ru Group is basically russian Tencent, but shittier, so I don't expect anything good out of this acquisition.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Sorry, forgot to post it here. Mail.ru Group is basically russian Tencent, but shittier, so I don't expect anything good out of this acquisition.
No problem, i was on my weekly FFXIV Era check but they're all arguing about level 80 stuff which is useless to me so i went for a wander into the PC threads and saw your post.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Apr 17, 2019
Connecticut, USA
steamcommunity.com

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Me feeling bad about it. Really yeah. I felt bad, got bad conscience for doing it. Nothing else.
Thumbs up for this decision! (y)

I was dogpiled on Era for deleting my Epic account at the same day Epic announced their fire sale. But I'm convinced that people who actually give a shit about the future and open nature of pc gaming - people like you - DO make a difference for the future of the games industry!

We've already seen several minor and major victories against big companies like EA and Microsoft. Our battle against Epic is a lot harder because many people consider their strategy as a good thing, but it's not impossible to win. Let's keep fighting the good fight. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.