Community MetaSteam | July 2019 - Racing Towards Empty Wallets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Does the GOG ver. of Elder Scrolls Oblivion have any improvements over the Steam ver.?
As in DRM issue with the Steam ver. and any other touch ups made to the GOG ver.?

goat

Mass Erect
Jan 21, 2019
So pissed reading about the additional content for switch version of DQ11. If Square doesn't release that content for Steam users I am gonna boycott everything from that company indefinitely. I mean how can you be so anticonsumer? The 60$ I spent on the game last year is just as green as any 60$ spent by Switch owners.

Like seriously....JP audio, Past worlds content, 2D mode and additional stories/quests for your party members. I mean how in da fuck you not gonna release that for PC/PS4 users? The literal best thing about the core game is your party members and their stories/questlines. Just one of those four new things will make replaying the entire 100hr game worthwhile.

I will give them by the end of the year. If they don't release it as free or low cost dlc I am done with Square. Never buying anything again with their name on it.
With Squeenix, you have to give them a year. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Does the GOG ver. of Elder Scrolls Oblivion have any improvements over the Steam ver.?
As in DRM issue with the Steam ver. and any other touch ups made to the GOG ver.?
Oblivion on GOG comes with LAA patch pre-installed if I'm not mistaken, while Steam is unmodified.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD and Tizoc

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Did something happen with VR? A bunch of VR games skyrocketed in player count last night. Beat Saber is at 29.8k players right now, While it was at 1k like 13 hours ago.

GORN, Beat Saber, Skyrim VR (its on sale though), SuperHot VR and Sword of Sorcery are all at their all time high player count, and they all jumped in player count around 12 hours ago.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Did something happen with VR? A bunch of VR games skyrocketed in player count last night. Beat Saber is at 29.8k players right now, While it was at 1k like 13 hours ago.

GORN, Beat Saber, Skyrim VR (its on sale though), SuperHot VR and Sword of Sorcery are all at their all time high player count, and they all jumped in player count around 12 hours ago.

Maybe people have started to get their Indexes?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
hey i was reminded today that KRZ still doesnt have ep 5 released :D
here's a nice bet for ya ... which one of these will happen first:
a) the heat death of the universe
b) KRZ ep. 5

Does SteamVR really need Steam in order to operate correctly? Or does it need to be made to do that? (Patched in?)
SteamVR needs steam specifically ... but there's also a "steamless" version (also made by volvo) called OpenVR - this one doesn't need steam to function

which also tells you just how EXTREMELY recently that deal was made (if they didn't even have the time to replace steamvr with openvr)

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Just read that Monster Rancher will be re-released later this year, at least on Japan. Here's hoping for a Steam release too.

I'd go with c) lashydude finally admitting his love for anime
He's already professed his appreciation for Maximum The Hormone one of the worlds most prolific Anime bands so it won't be long until he comes clean. It'll be better than living in denial like now.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
preloaded and waiting, it get's released a day sooner i heard? btw does it have raytracing support at release or will it get patched in later (because that would suck, i want to have it in now)
i think they're just doing a midnight EU release ... and that'll technically be a day early in the US etc.

and yeah, no RTX shit at launch

How long can you keep living in denial?
It'd be better for your psyche to finally come clean and show us your dakimakura.
:disapproval-blob:

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018

There's the big VR sale on Humble, but that alone probably wouldn't have nearly this much of an impact. Curious.

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Lots of people getting Index Headsets or buying one of the other recently released HMDs or just a general surge of activity due to the new kits being released and people digging out their existing headsets?
...Or in the UK it may be people buying VR games to shut the kids up as they're off school now aren't they?

Reactions: Deleted member 113

EdwardTivrusky

Dec 8, 2018
Riddle me this, batfolks... surely linking a video to the Telestra TV3 unboxing video is a joke and not someone blindly linking youtube videos? Walter, you joker, you! lol!

I fully endorse getting all of Walter's mad games. They are very arcadey, very experimental and very addictive... and cheap!
E.g. The ubermosh games are a series of gradual improvements and experiments on a 30 second score attack twin-stick shooter format.

I am garbage at them but they are still fun to return to now-and-then.

Wallpapers!

derExperte

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
Another random and weird question

Anyone here have a controller (Xbox one or Steam controller) clip or stand for smartphones? I like the idea that can play my PC games on my smartphone, already tested with 4g and works great, i need a controller clip or stand for more confort, if anyone have some recomendations?

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Can't believe I got Death of the Outsider for less than a fiver. Wonder why Arkane's games are all so cheap all of a sudden. Not complaining though!

As an aside, I've been really really enjoying Dragon Quest Builders 2. Playing it on Switch so of course the frame rate is utter shit, but it's so fun at its core. If this ever hits PC, I'll be there day -1.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Can't believe I got Death of the Outsider for less than a fiver. Wonder why Arkane's games are all so cheap all of a sudden. Not complaining though!

As an aside, I've been really really enjoying Dragon Quest Builders 2. Playing it on Switch so of course the frame rate is utter shit, but it's so fun at its core. If this ever hits PC, I'll be there day -1.
Did you play the first one ?

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Did you play the first one ?
Not really. I only played the demo of that one and I wasn't really feeling it at the time, so I skipped it. Heard about all the good QoL improvements in this one, so I decided to try it out despite my reservations about the first game.

Reactions: Li Kao
Status
Not open for further replies.