Community MetaSteam | July 2019 - Racing Towards Empty Wallets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Thighs are awlays enjoyable, if they can help get a game the attention it deserves then just all the better.

Now obviously I would have preferred if Yoko Taros game would have blown up for his writing initially, but better late with thighs than never without

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
This is gonna be me.

Personally I can't just do that, I have to play all the others available on PC before that, haha. See you in ~5 years, Ryza.
Don't let the fact that the Revisited is stuck on Vita, the other Experience Inc games on Steam are great as well.
Best damn DRPGs on PC, until Sega forces Atlus to port Etrian Odyssey games

(Maybe someone will bring over Demon Gaze too...)
Yeah, I'll definitely be getting them in the future.
Stranger of Sword City is tough as nails, but really good. However, IMO Labyrinth of Refrain is the better overall package.

Play Labyrinth of Refrain, folks. Also - not DRPGs, but Catherine is great until you have the damn co-op level and you have to hope to all that's holy that the AI won't fuck up.
I've heard lots of goods things about that one. I've heard it shows that NISA can do good localizations if they have the time.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
I've heard lots of goods things about that one. I've heard it shows that NISA can do good localizations if they have the time.
I've definitely been a very big proponent for the localization, for sure. Here's a fun fact - the person that did the editing pass for Labyrinth of Refrain was also on the Ys VIII re-TL patch, and ended up doing most of NISA's Trails/Kiseki bible before he hopped over to another company.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
So I just got a 60% coupon for Dead by Daylight for owning Dying Light, and a 75% off coupon for Dying Light for owning Dead By Daylight. I guess I can convince my friend to finally get Dying Light now.

So if you own one of those games and are interested in the other you might be interested in this deal(s)

Also the Dying Light coupon seems like it works on the base game AND the enhanced edition.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Weird, I didn't get that coupon, and I own Dying Light! Maybe it's only if you own the Enhanced Edition?

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Weird, I didn't get that coupon, and I own Dying Light! Maybe it's only if you own the Enhanced Edition?
I dont own the enhanced edition. I just got it and large scale coupons like these usually take a few hours to roll out. So maybe you just havent gotten yours yet?

Deleted member 113

Weird, since yesterday a couple of websites I occasionally visit (not Meta, nor most websites), who have publicity banners, have been forwarding me to a certain website (who probably has malicious code) after a certain time.

I already checked my PC and browser, and I'm not seeing anything on my end, so I assume it's the publicity banners of those websites that are causing this.
Is there anything I can do to stop the forwarding?
uBlock Origin? Or disable Javascript on those sites.
If you have an adblocker and all the protection on the browsers turned on (should be as I think it's the default) then... yeah, either disable javascript for the site (a pain in the ass), use noscript (double pain to set up to all the sites) or maybe some extra extension.

If it's always the same website you can try to modify yours hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts on Windows) and add the domain there to at least redirect you to nothing.
Sorry for "bumping" this issue, but just to be on the safe side, I'm getting this redirection to a SPAM website (after some seconds there; it's not immediate) only on a very short number of websites, including:

I assume it's something with the ads provider, and some ads in particular, on these websites, since I can't find anything on my end.

If I was infected in some way, I would probably be redirected to this website more frequently, right?
I mean, I visit Meta, twitter, all the news websites I usually visit, bandcamp, patreon, and many more websites without this problem.
Also, I get the same SPAM message (it's one of those "you won..." messages), but the website address has changed from yesterday (at the end of the day, the previous address wasn't being displayed, but showing a firefox message saying that that website has been reported as malicious, and it was stopping the redirection).

Reactions: Li Kao and Arsene

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I'm getting this redirection to a SPAM website (after some seconds there; it's not immediate) only on a very short number of websites, including:
You are redirected despite your adblocker? Because I do not get redirected.

I see that uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger blocked a few websites, but nothing unusual.

I suspect that you have a malware on your PC. Or just a malicious add-on installed on your browser.

I suggest that you save your bookmarks and important information (just in case), and start a new browser profile:

Last edited:
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I think there was talk about it not being as good as the og for various reason, maybe mods or whatever at the time.
correct :)

it was because it broke pretty much every single mod out there, so all-in-all (without the mods) it ran and looked worse than the old version (with mods)

also a lot of people seemed to not like being able to use the flashlight with all the guns

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Deleted member 113

You are redirected despite your adblocker? Because I do not get redirected.

I see that uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger blocked a few websites, but nothing unusual.

I suspect that you have a malware on your PC. Or just a malicious add-on installed on your browser.

I suggest that you save your bookmarks and important information (just in case), and start a new browser profile:

Thanks for your reply.

I should have clarified: I haven't installed any adblocker yet. :)

And, I did check for any add-ons installed on my browser, and there's nothing.
My browser installation is as "vanilla" as it can be (I only have an added language/dictionary, English, installed, nothing more).

I haven't installed any new software, I pretty much browse the same websites every day, and the fact that all but 2 or 3 websites don't have this problem, and all of those have ads, makes me think the problem is with an ad provider, not with my PC.

Reactions: Wok

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Ugh that feeling, spending days to gear up in Minecraft and being secure enough that I went on a longer exploring mission, was going to avoid mobs and such.... was looting a sunken ship and was going to go up for air BUT the damn ice formed above me! So drowned and all my shit gone!

I think I fully understand all those Minecraft kids freaking out about stuff. I'm a 40 old man and even I just want to cry.XD

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
I'm really hoping they're making a World of Final Fantasy 2 already.
I love pokemon style games, except pokemon.
Haha, same. I really fell off Pokemon after Ruby/Sapphire, since I never had a Nintendo DS and now I don't really feel like returning.
It's a shame that there aren't many games in that genre on PC (or in general?), but it seems like things are changing.
So hyped for Digimon Cyber Sleuth (let me preorder the damn thing already Namco :disapproval-blob: )

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
On the other hand, it kinda feels dirty to see all these new people clamoring for Atelier just cuz they like the MC. Feels a bit like the Automata situation where people flocked to 2B, but really couldn't give a shit less about the struggle Yoko Taro has endured to get his games and creative vision out there.
I have a funny history with Atelier because I discovered the series back in the PS3 and loved everything about it, but I'm yet to play any of the games. Back then it was due do the lack of money.

I own Sophie but for some reason I havent played it yet.

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I'm watching the Noclip doc on Hitman and I'm learning quite a bit.

-Absolution was supposed to be even more linear and cinematic than it was (ignore that sound you hear it's just me screaming). It took about 7 years of work in total and for the first portion of time the industry was more linear so they were trying to meet that, and then they noticed things shifting back to more open-ish gameplay so they had to change it to meet those demands (they felt that way, SE wasn't demanding this).

-With Hitman 2016 their plan with the episodic thing was to have more people buy into the series with the $15 packs as it was intended to be a cheaper entry into a series they were maybe cautious towards. However it didn't work, 80% of buyers bought the $60 version even if it meant waiting months for it to be done and more importantly that 80% number in total was a lot lower than they were hoping.

-They have nothing but good things to say about SE and how they handled the breakup. SE could have just cut them loose or sold them to any buyer but they allowed IO to participate in any buyout meetings as a 3rd party dealer and were allowed to veto bad deals. When IO was able to buy themselves out they also obtained the Hitman and Freedom Fighters IPs (bolded because there's a LOT of confusion out there about who actually owns Hitman) and SE got to keep Mini Ninjas and Kane and Lynch. SE does have a financial stake in the company but that's as far as it goes, they are fully independent. SE also apparently let the remaining IO employees have up to 4 months of paid vacation I believe.

Here's the vid if you want to watch it's pretty interesting.

edit: They reconfirm that Hitman 3 is still being made! They're also working on a new IP for next gen. Hitman 3 will work the same way 2 does where the entire trilogy will be playable in one game. CEO mentions you'll see paris and be able to scroll all the way to wherever 3 takes us.

Last edited:

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
It is janky but I think it is a good game. Havent finished it tho. Also I had some problems maintaining the framerate stable.
Gonna at least check it out. After Plague Tale Im in the mood for some story driven SP games, but I can't find any games I haven't played already. :p
Also: what's the best keyboard?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I wouldnt touch Razer with a 10 feet pole.
Why? I have absolutely zero knowledge when it comes to keyboards.

I currently got a Roccat MK FX and didn't know it was a mechanical keyboard until a friend told me about it 1-2 years after I bought it.

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
Is Vampyr a game worth using my time on?

I personally liked it a lot! The atmosphere is so on point for a vampire game set in Victorian England that I'd recommend just for that alone. I also found the story to be intriguing, with plenty of NPCs to talk to, and boy do you do a buttload of talking in this game! This notion might be a little unpopular though but I also had fun with the combat. Strongly recommended!

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
When IO was able to buy themselves out they also obtained the Hitman and Freedom Fighters IPs (bolded because there's a LOT of confusion out there about who actually owns Hitman)
It's because of the trademark info.

HITMAN™ © 2019 IO Interactive A/S. Published by IO Interactive A/S. IO INTERACTIVE, the IO logo, HITMAN™, the HITMAN™ logos, and WORLD OF ASSASSINATION are trademarks or registered trademarks owned by or exclusively licensed to IO Interactive A/S. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
I'm not a lawyer but they probably don't include that exclusive license part in there for funsies.

Last edited:

NarohDethan

Apr 6, 2019
Why? I have absolutely zero knowledge when it comes to keyboards.

I currently got a Roccat MK FX and didn't know it was a mechanical keyboard until a friend told me about it 1-2 years after I bought it.
IIRC their mechanical keyboards have cheap Chinese switches.

I can only vouch for Corsair (K95 going strong after 4 years here) and Logitech mice. Dunno about that Steelseries KB.

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
I got three razer mouses that died in under three months each, then I didn't bother with the quarantee anymore and bought another mouse.
just as a counterpoint: I've got 2 razer mice in 9 years but only bought the new one because I use the old one on another computer, both work as they should and I like the shape (Deathadder) so the new one is just the newer model of the old one. would buy again.

JackPineSavage

crazy drunken bastard
Jun 2, 2019
just as a counterpoint: I've got 2 razer mice in 9 years but only bought the new one because I use the old one on another computer, both work as they should and I like the shape (Deathadder) so the new one is just the newer model of the old one. would buy again.
mine was deathadder too, maybe i just had a lot of bad luck but i like this logitech g502 better now

Reactions: Milena and MJunioR

Ascheroth

Nov 12, 2018
Fanatical has an anime sale with Idea Factory "flash sales" going up. Trillion is 0,82€, lol.
Reminds me that I should actually play it. I find the concept of having to fight against 1 single super powered boss throughout the entire game by training a character -> whittle away some health and die -> repeat interesting, but I got overwhelmed buy the amount of options and fear of doing something wrong and making it impossible to win down the line, so I never played more than ~1 hour.

Annoying that none of the Experience Inc. games are on sale, after Ray Gigant I'm still in the mood to try another one :disapproval-blob:

Reactions: Deleted member 113
Status
Not open for further replies.