Community MetaSteam | July 2019 - Racing Towards Empty Wallets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
THEY ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY, THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE DOING (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
For real. JUST LET ME THROW MONEY AT THE SCREEN <.<

But at least October just got even better, I just learned that Thunderbolt Fantasy Season 3 also starts in that month. <3

Reactions: Mor

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Started playing Minecraft again... quickly reminded why I always stop, because feels like I'm wasting my life! Funnily, one would argue being creative like you are in MC is better than most other games but still.

But I still think MC is one of the best games ever made!

MetaSteam August - Whats the big deal, it's just another account.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hmm, played AC Unity yesterday and had a lot of trouble with my DS4 (DS4Windows). At first I was dropping smoke bomb each time I ran, so I checked hide DS4 and that seemed to do the trick.
But no dice, I could still have that happen sometimes. So after looking at the DS4 I can sorta get why I could push the two triggers at the same time, but...
That doesn't explain why, when on the map, my R2 is also activating R1

A little worried here. Hope it's just the UBI magic and not my controller.

Deleted member 113

Weird, since yesterday a couple of websites I occasionally visit (not Meta, nor most websites), who have publicity banners, have been forwarding me to a certain website (who probably has malicious code) after a certain time.

I already checked my PC and browser, and I'm not seeing anything on my end, so I assume it's the publicity banners of those websites that are causing this.
Is there anything I can do to stop the forwarding?

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
I already checked my PC and browser, and I'm not seeing anything on my end, so I assume it's the publicity banners of those websites that are causing this.
Is there anything I can do to stop the forwarding
If you have an adblocker and all the protection on the browsers turned on (should be as I think it's the default) then... yeah, either disable javascript for the site (a pain in the ass), use noscript (double pain to set up to all the sites) or maybe some extra extension.

If it's always the same website you can try to modify yours hosts file (C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts on Windows) and add the domain there to at least redirect you to nothing.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
So I guess Beth didn't talk about F76 on Steam yesterday. Couldn't find any report on it.
And the little bits they talked about don't seem like the type of massive change the game need to be reborn. Could be wrong.

I'm weirdly tempted by Fallout 4 right now. I blame the screenshot thread.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
I expect Gust to double down on this success and proceed to make the first AO rated Atelier game.
As long as it has three protagonist, one focused on thighs, one on buttocks and one on calves, I'm game.
There's not enough games for feet fetishists as well, pray hope Gust fills that niche

Reactions: 「Echo」
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
So I guess Beth didn't talk about F76 on Steam yesterday. Couldn't find any report on it.
And the little bits they talked about don't seem like the type of massive change the game need to be reborn. Could be wrong.

I'm weirdly tempted by Fallout 4 right now. I blame the screenshot thread.
i doubt they'll really talk about it ... i can only assume they want people to buy/play the bethnet version first and foremost

plus it's not like there's anything to talk about really ... they'll just dump it on steam one day (maybe when it goes f2p) and that'll be all ... doubt they'll do anything more than the absolute minimum

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
i doubt they'll really talk about it ... i can only assume they want people to buy/play the bethnet version first and foremost

plus it's not like there's anything to talk about really ... they'll just dump it on steam one day (maybe when it goes f2p) and that'll be all ... doubt they'll do anything more than the absolute minimum
Hmm, I should have known Fallout 76 would be the game that needs some strange installation warning on CDKeys.
"DO NOT redeem on bethesda.net. Redeem this code directly through the Bethesda Launcher to gain access to the game."

Not that I would want to inflict the Beth launcher upon myself.

Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Hmm, I should have known Fallout 76 would be the game that needs some strange installation warning on CDKeys.
"DO NOT redeem on bethesda.net. Redeem this code directly through the Bethesda Launcher to gain access to the game."

Not that I would want to inflict the Beth launcher upon myself.
lol, yeah ... don't do it, it's not worth it ... ESPECIALLY for F76 :p

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Hmm, I think I will finally play The New Colossus. WOM upon release really put me off but what the hell, it is on game pass, I can at least try it.
Would have really preferred playing the full thing with dlc, but goddammn, are those prices ridiculous.

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
Hmm, I think I will finally play The New Colossus. WOM upon release really put me off but what the hell, it is on game pass, I can at least try it.
Would have really preferred playing the full thing with dlc, but goddammn, are those prices ridiculous.
The DLCs are supposedly not that great, so you're not missing much.

Reactions: Milena and Li Kao

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Same, although if there's a sale on Atelier Sophie before Ryza releases I might bite and try it.

Who am I kidding, it's Koei. So yeah, I'll be doing the same.
Sophie is the cheapest of them all though, since it has a pase price of only 30$/€ (unless regional pricing is terrible), so changes of it having a good sale is probably the highest among all KT PC games - if it goes on sale.

Reactions: MJunioR

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I love my Xbox one controllers, and historically I have shat on DS4 but I was playing Bloodstained and it just feels better on the DS4
I actually noticed that some months ago when I started The Messenger. I dunno why but DS feels so much better - just like when I play sports games. Still can't even think about TPS' or first person games with a DualShock though.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
What does Kojima Productions official logo look like now? is it the skull in the helmet? And if so is that a character in Death Stranding or something else? because I was wondering if that logo would technically contain a Sony owned image? I would have liked for Konami to release other Metal Gear games on PC but it seems to late for that now, RIP MSG4 which will remain on the PS3 (and PS Now since it looks like the put the game back up on there) for ever. Wasn't MGS4 only on the PS3 because of the file size?
and it only had that file size because of FMVs? or is the vast majority of the game rendered in real time?

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
What does Kojima Productions official logo look like now? is it the skull in the helmet? And if so is that a character in Death Stranding or something else? because I was wondering if that logo would technically contain a Sony owned image? I would have liked for Konami to release other Metal Gear games on PC but it seems to late for that now, RIP MSG4 which will remain on the PS3 (and PS Now since it looks like the put the game back up on there) for ever. Wasn't MGS4 only on the PS3 because of the file size?
No, it's their "mascot" of sorts, Ludens.

Also MGS4 is PS3 only because that shit is held together by PS3 install duct tape wizardry.

Status
Not open for further replies.