Community MetaSteam | July 2020 - Blood on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018

$49.99. That's a lot
It amazes (and heartens) me to see CORRECT regional pricing for a AAA game.

Holy batman, regional pricing is MS-tier 😍 Great job, Sony!
Excellent regional price for Mexico, I’ll give it another try
Horizon has actually great regional pricing
Amazing Regional Price, will buy it
Not amazing, this is the CORRECT regional pricing. This should be normalized and heavily supported.
Anything more should be resisted or derided.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Preorder is also live. $50USD.

I wonder if the regional pricing here is an error? Only $57CAD seems too good to be true for something from Sony. I'd expect $65 normally.

EDIT: Its $55 on EGS so maybe its the actual pricing?
What the actual fuck is this regional pricing?????

Whats the catch? I refuse to believe Sony is giving me basically the best regional pricing in the entire goddamn industry there HAS to be a catch

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
The regionial pricing for HZD is a class act, but the price for developed country is a joke. 50 bucks?

Again, artificial scarcity and exclusivity rear their ugly heads. There is no way that game is worth that price in 2020.

Last edited:

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019

In spite of the game having been out for some time now, Mandalore dropped a review just last week that practically had me running to press the Buy Now button, lol. The game was always on my radar, but I guess it was just one of those Wishlist titles that slipped beneath the cracks. I opted for the DE for an extra $3 that includes 4 soundtracks @ 3+ hrs. and an audiobook (no regrets).

Put in a couple hours and I'm pretty smitten at this point. The vehicles just feel amazing. The mobility is responsive & agile, and yes I'd strongly recommend switching the default Absolute settings to Relative as it grants far more fidelity in control. Took me a good hour to wrap my head around, but it was worth it once it clicked.

Environmental destructiblity is super-impressive. Last time I remember having this much fun just leveling everything was years and years ago in Red Faction: Guerilla. It's super satisfying and also nets you bonus cash on Mission Debrief.

Music is pretty glorious if you have an appreciation for thick, heavy synth. Varies in tone from background to pumping and I'm really glad I got the soundtrack edition. Catchy stuff. Lore is pretty dense too. Mostly comes in the form of a Codex that you pay to unlock piecemeal. Strange but the prices are fair and I'd venture that it obliges the player to invest in reading the material as you're paying for it with the money you earn. Very well written.

But that seems like how the game's economy works on a broader scale. You pay to unlock pilots, vehicles, Freelance missions, etc. Seems intelligently integrated as a system overall in that it always keeps bread-crumbing you along with fresh new unlocks.

So all in all it feels like a really comprehensive package that's put together with care. Gameplay feels great with an awesome audio/visual suite and all the trimmings feel smartly integrated. Big ups.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
As I said in the Coop thread, I kinda want escapism right now. MMO, GAAS, the type of shit where you put countless hours in a different world. I also noticed that I tend to gravitate toward these in the summer. But man there aren't that many recent ones :anguished-face:

So while I know F76 is coming to Game Pass in a few days, I have the strangest urge to play it. Or I don't know, I just saw Conan Exile, a game I always turned my nose on due to the stupidity with dongs, slaving, invoking deities and other puerile or edgy shit.
Funny enough, that's also what I'm currently searching for.
Even considered giving Elder Scrolls Online a try or start over in FO76 (played for a couple of weeks during release). But I also want something with pretty graphics where I can just roam around, look at stuff.

• Love
Reactions: Li Kao

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Has Death Stranding ever reached a place in Steam top sellers? Even in top 5?
I saw it at 2 or 3 the other day when they updated the store page with more news. But it fell out since.

It will never sell more than Horizon tho. DS is designed to appeal to only like 10% of gamers while Horizon is so streamlined and by the numbers..it is basically made for everyone.

Reactions: ISee

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Finished

Pretty cool game, really enjoyed all the mysteries and all the cosmic space exploration as a whole. The game was "difficulty" and slow, but once I gained more info, it clicked better.
You don't seem enthusiastic about it. A lot of people believe it is GOTY material, what is your opinion?

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Satisfactory has sold 1,326,580 copies. 367,601 copies on Steam in less than a month and 958,917 copies on EGS in 13 and a half months. Epic took 3 months to hit 500k.

Remember guys just another launcher nobody is gonna wait a year for the Steam release.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
I'm not going to say this is a bad month until I do more research, but I don't know what these games are.

What was the secret game for June?

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Not bad. Not keeping me up at night but not bad.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France

A few comments:
  • Void Bastards was the first leak when Choice was started, good to see it finally be part of a bundle,
  • Yuppie Psycho is by the dev of The Count Lucanor,
  • Sigma Theory is by the dev of Out There Omega Edition,
  • Don't Escape is highly regarded on the Steam250 ranking of hidden gems,
  • Basingstoke is by the dev of Revenge of the Titans,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.