Community MetaSteam | July 2020 - Blood on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trisolarian

Jul 12, 2019
I don't really know what Im doing in Outer Wilds. Im just doing stuff and hopefully Im progresing to something.
You're doing it.

Lotta starts and stops in progress with this game.

My gameplay loop was as follows

1. Get on the ship
2. Go to the last place I found something of interest
2.1 Die getting there
3. Retrace my steps
3.1 Die retracing my steps
4. Get a little bit farther/more info
4.1 Die while doing so
5. Get stuck/confused/can't solve a puzzle through either gap in cognition, knowledge or execution
5.1 Die during puzzle or while unlocking new area
6 Accept death/Go balls out to investigate something

Every time.

Spent 30 hours on this game, eventually youtubed the ending.

Hours 5-25 were magic. First five and last five were painful.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Trisolarian Meta Coop is still very much a thing. Having read your exploits on sea of thieves with your brother, I'm not sure if I want to experience them 😛

Tizoc bought sole days ago but life keeps getting in the way :anguished-face:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
So what the hell happened to this game. EGSclusive for a year and then disappeared from all stores and suddenly appear only on Origin.
They are self-publishing and releasing it everywhere, should be up on Steam and GOG too soonish.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
Choice in less than 24 hours. Time to engage in wishful thinking speculate about what will be in it!

Honestly, no idea beside the "usual suspects" that might show up:
Vampyr, Bloodstained, or some other Game Pass games, or some previous Epic Freebies, or some Devolver stuff or some old-ish Humble Published games. Probably another repeat from a previous headliner again.
While I'd like to see Katana Zero, it'll probably be Ape Out from Devolver.

Reactions: crimsonheadGCN

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I hope I'm wrong but considering the monthly will be revealed while the steam sale is still going I don't expect anything spetacular...
And, at the risk of sounding like an entitled Gamer(tm), looking at the recent trend I wonder what will be the big repeat this time.

Reactions: Tomasety

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
Remember my (little) rant a few weeks back about Zero Time Dilemma and how disappointing it was?

I AM SORRY KOTARU UCHIKOSHI!

I finished AI the Somnium Files.
Without the gameplay elements, it would have been a Visual Novel masterpiece.

The story was great
The characters were awesome
The english Dub was awesome (not something that I say very often for Japanese games)
The twist was great
The facial emotional Animation was awesome
The lip-synch was aw...ful
The sexual jokes were great and miles more "adult" in it's subject matter and delivery than anything else in regards to Japanese fanservice
The hidden object clicker portion was great and its switch between ecchi/funny descriptions and serious descriptions was good.
Didn't care about the main gameplay portion (the dream sequences)

Ever 17 > AI the Somnium files. >> Remember 11 >>> VLR >> 999 >>> Never 7 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Zero Time Dilemma.
I played it long time ago but from what I remember there was one thing that bummed me :
the first swap with the villain. From what I remember there was no really motivation for the villain to use the machine in the first place, only wanted to try it? something like that?
I might remember wrong

Reactions: C-Dub

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
It's kind of funny how HZD was bundled with AMD ryzen and DS with NvidIA RTX cards hehe

Fun fact too: both will feature Ansel :cat-heart-blob:
And perhaps DLSS as well.
HDR is confirmed for Death Stranding PC at least. Hopefully it applies to Horizon.
Not that I have an HDR monitor at the moment but in a few years....

Reactions: PC-tan and Mor

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
I played it long time ago but from what I remember there was one thing that bummed me :
the first swap with the villain. From what I remember there was no really motivation for the villain to use the machine in the first place, only wanted to try it? something like that?
I might remember wrong
Yeah, there was one swapping I was confused about. That was when the villain in his own body swapped with #89 (past Date) and they lost their memory.

GrrImAFridge

Your friendly neighbourhood appliance
Jan 26, 2019
Jaseeeeeeeeeee ... you're alive!

:wd_praise:

And perhaps DLSS as well.
HDR is confirmed for Death Stranding PC at least. Hopefully it applies to Horizon.
Not that I have an HDR monitor at the moment but in a few years....
Now that Nvidia supports integer scaling (i.e. non-awful 108p -> 4K scaling, as 1080p divides evenly into 4K), I'd like to move on from 1080p60. I'm hoping LG's upcoming 27GN950 (4K + 144Hz + HDR600 + Gsync) has a relatively decent price.

Last edited:

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
I played the first stage of Doom 2016 and so far the game feels so bland.
Good luck going forward if not even the first levels get you. Dropped that game after some hours and won't be coming back to it anytime soon.

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
The game certainly won't make an attempt to hold your hand (it's kind of the staple of SaGa series) and the difficuly is steep for beginners. What I can suggest is to consult the in-game encyclopaedia from the main menu often, since it will have all the information you need, and it will be constantly updated as you progress through the game.

Secondly, don't be afraid to explore and experiement (yes, you can even try the enemies marked as "hard" early on to test your strategies). Remember that positioning and formation is important. Try to get as many skill glimmer early on, and don't hoard your materials. Spend it.

Enjoy my personal 2019 GOTY and Mondo is best boy!

Hey thank you! Yeah I tend to hoard materials and stuff if I don't know what to do with them.
I'll try going around and try different stuff! I'm already reading everything when unlocked, but like you said, you have to blindly unlock it first

Reactions: Kvik

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Yeah I tend to hoard materials and stuff if I don't know what to do with them.
There is plenty of materials on every map so you don't even have to grind. Upgrading Urpina's gear and one or two of your retinue should be enough to progress, although those serpents early on can give you trouble if you don't have the counter skill yet.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
All in all, I made about 55 bucks on the market. Not bad at all considering it mostly came from bundle purchases made over the last year.

Combined with the one time discount, I ended up only paying about 25 bucks for Death Stranding. Didn't really feel tempted to get anything else since I'm still in the middle of P4 and there's Horizon seemingly coming in the very near future. Besides, I don't play all that much these days so it's much easier to only buy the stuff I really want to play immediately.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Is there a way to see what dlc you don't have is on sale?

I tried steamdb and gg deals for the dlc and its..not really working. gg deals shows me like 10 dlc which is a lie with how many games I have that I don't have dlc.

steamdb is just a lot and even with filters still show me stuff I own.

Futaleufu

Laughing Chojin
Mar 14, 2019
Is there a way to see what dlc you don't have is on sale?

I tried steamdb and gg deals for the dlc and its..not really working. gg deals shows me like 10 dlc which is a lie with how many games I have that I don't have dlc.

steamdb is just a lot and even with filters still show me stuff I own.
I ended up creating a tag for my game list "Pending DLC on store" and doing it manually, including wishlists.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Anime + golf:

2020 just keeps getting worse. I hope a comet hits us and ends this whole thing.
But Pangya is a game from the 2000s. I played it when I was still in mid-school, I believe.

It's actually pretty fun and requires quite a bit of skill and calculations.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I see you playing this a lot -- how do I win? I am terrible at this game. It's literally embarrassing.
Learn how your units work and what abilities are good to upgrade
Try this for starters
1. Use green champ and get the rejuvenate power for it. Ally is red
2. Always stack heal on regens on it. Give multi strike to red ally units and put them on the other 2 floors woth green champ at front and center
3. For green champa gettone unit that sweeps and give it quick along woth + atk. The unit with 25 atk and quick but 3 hp is good to have too. Puy all 3 on bottom floor. I like to upgrade this 3rd unit with multistrike and an hp boost of 25 hp
4. red units should get 1 hp boost and 1 atk upgrade be it multi strike
5 for upgrasi g magic spells, decide what should get + 10 magic power. If u have Vent spell, it works perfect because you get a free 10 dmg spell for 0 ember. Furthermore Holdover used woth a simple heal+regen spell does wonders
6. NEVER BE AFRAID to try risky stuff or give up a unit or two. Note that during battle if u do 'quit to main menu', it restarts the battle! Rach battle has pre determined cards and how they are ordered ;3
7. If u unlocked umbra. put its champ at top floor and let him grow fat with Morsels. Have any ally units on lower floors and have them try to tank and whittle at enemy Hp
It may take time to fully learn patterns but eventually the first 3 battles become easier to understand and the next 3 up to Fel.

Some beginner tips~

Reactions: xinek

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
seems my only option to preorder Star Wars Squadrons is on Steam since every key store activates on Origin
One of the reasons I had to buy Doom Ethernal through Steam, lol.
25€ discount to play the game through Bethesda Launcher, after my "excellent" FO76 and Rage 2 experience wasn't good enough.

I played the first stage of Doom 2016 and so far the game feels so bland.
Good luck going forward if not even the first levels get you. Dropped that game after some hours and won't be coming back to it anytime soon.
👀
:disapproval-blob:
:shrugblob:

I had a lot of fun with Doom 2016, some levels were well made like the foundry. Combat felt fast, exciting and didn't bore me till the end.
Can't say the same for Doom Eternal though. Despite trying to evolve and giving more options it felt restricting because it forced you to kill certain enemies in certain ways. Levels looked great but lacked the opens in exploration that some Doom 2016 levels had, with maybe one exception.

Last edited:

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018

great news :)
Interesting, last time I checked they somewhat underestimated TOCS (not in a way that makes a qualitative difference, mind you). I wonder if it will go up, down or stay the same with the new methodology.

Reactions: lashman

FunnyJay