Community MetaSteam | July 2020 - Blood on the Horizon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
That's my experience with Ryzen 3000 as well. Spreading is giving me better temperatures over the pea. Thought I must admit an X or two lines should have a similar effect.

I'd go even further and claim that "too much" doesn't exists. Contact pressure between IHS and cooler should squeeze out anything that's unnecessary.
You'll end up with a messy situation if you really overdid it in a significant amount. Annoying but not harmful or a detriment to temperatures.

Too little though, that can be a problem.
Hmh I thought too much definitely makes it go too hot?

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Hmh I thought too much definitely makes it go too hot?
Vice versa in my opinion.

There was a time when coolers exerted 30kg+ of pressure on the IHS. But I must admit that I've not looked at datasheets for a long time now. Size also plays a vital role but let's not make this too complicated. A 30kg weight would be able to squeeze out a tube of toothpaste. The same should happen to thermal paste in-between the IHS and Cooler. What's left is what's needed to fill the irregularities.

If you overdo it, you'll end up with a mess around the socket. Why the "don't use too much" sentiment formed.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Bah, just about to fire up Death stranding as i have about an hour free.
Update.
5GB.
Bah.
so many changes too!

Hi everyone, we’ve just gone live with DEATH STRANDING Update V1.01 on PC. This post launch patch includes added AVX judgement to CPU check at startup, stability improvements and general bug fixes.
:toucan:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I wonder if Sony will send a DualSense controller to Valve around relase so Valve can add it to Steam Input.

Im very sure Microsoft will at least with their controller.

Reactions: LEANIJA

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019
No back buttons on the Dualsense 👎🏾👎🏾👎🏾 I bet it costs $70 or something outrageous.
I remember back then when the back button attachment for DS4 was announced people was like "this is the proof that DS5 will include back button "this attachment is for backward compatibility for ds4 to be used in PS5"

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
I just want to let everyone know

BROS, being a noob to battle royale such as Apex without a fucking microphone/headphone is a such a miserable experience that I can only express it in this Cypress Hill song

Reactions: ISee and lashman

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
I don't like the whole design scheme going on with PS5 tbh.
The controller looks like a DS4 that got stuck during hatching and now can't get rid of its eggshells.

From here on out I'm calling it the Calimero
I used to love Calimero in my childhood. The OP dubbed in my language was way too catchy for 4 years old me 😆

• Love
Reactions: ISee

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I don't like the whole design scheme going on with PS5 tbh.
The controller looks like a DS4 that got stuck during hatching and now can't get rid of its eggshells.

From here on out I'm calling it the Calimero
It is so unfair... :anguished-face:

• Toucan
Reactions: ISee
Status
Not open for further replies.