Community MetaSteam | July 2021 - Corporate Propaganda

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I still firmly believe all Ads in all forms should be banned. They are a blight on human attention and they destroy the internet and even real life. Just imagine how pretty cities would be without all the ads!
Definately, I always remember going to Prague and a lot of the streets have these amazing wooden shutters to block the doors off. The problem was that they also made good advertising space in some areas. Not been in about 10 years so not sure how it looks now.

Although I don't think Timesquare would be the same without the neon lit adverting.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Golly gee, what possible reason could Sony have to buy a PC porting studio, I haven't the foggiest idea, no siree

It's a mystery that we will probably never figure out.
Yes, Square Enix's whole PC focus and expertise lies down in a single independent studio.
Even if they are owned by Sony, I could still see them work on ports for 3rd party studios. Say if Sony currently has nothing for them to work on. There's no reason to say no to making money " on the side".

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
I am a long-time-player who rarely finishes games :>
I never play games that are under 5 to 10 hours
My bread and butter are games Like.............................................................................................Aurora 4X......................................................................................., etc. I play them for decades.
So how does it feel to be King?

(This is my m.o. as well.)

I still firmly believe all Ads in all forms should be banned. They are a blight on human attention and they destroy the internet and even real life. Just imagine how pretty cities would be without all the ads!

Agree 100%

(real pic, btw.)

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Their ports were best Square Enix Pc ports. And they did ports for their all western developed games.
And Im sure they can't find another studio. Not like their last port, Avengers, was any that good.

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Agree. It'd be wonderful to have an ad-free world.
But if ads were banned, marketing departments would just come up with other insidious ways to try to sell us crap we dont need. Influencers, sponsored content, product placement and stuff like that comes to mind.

And Playstation acquires PC port studio Nixxes
Hmmm ... not really a fan of independent studios getting bought up, but this will probably mean better Sony ports in the forseeable future. But it could suck for whenever Square Enix lets Eidos make Deus Ex, Thief or Tomb Raider games again (which are the only games by them that I have any interest in).

~

anyway, nothing for me this month, havent bought anything in the sale either... but the new DLC for Greedfall is out. Bought that, and might even play it someday!

~

Other than that Im just playing WOW and Overwatch.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
The complete list of this week’s additions to Geforce Now include:

• The Spectrum Retreat (free on the Epic Games Store)
• Eternal Return: Black Survival (Steam)
• Castle Flipper (Steam)
• EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: WORLD BROTHERS (Steam)
• Fishing: Barents Sea (Steam)
• Not Tonight (Steam)
• Opus Magnum (Steam)
• Slipways (Steam)
• SoulWorker (Steam)
• Strategic Mind: Fight for Freedom (Steam)
• Ziggurat 2 (Steam)

• Eyes
Reactions: FeedMeAStrayCat

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
For future reference, what's everyone's sourceport/enhancement/upgrade of choice for Return to Castle Wolfenstein? I played it some yesterday using a mod that's shown on the pcgamingwiki as something that allows fov settings and what not with little fluff, but for some reason performance wasn't great at all.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
also available as an emoji~
:tanjiro_disgusted:
I shall use both, thanks :3
For future reference, what's everyone's sourceport/enhancement/upgrade of choice for Return to Castle Wolfenstein? I played it some yesterday using a mod that's shown on the pcgamingwiki as something that allows widescreen and what not with little fluff, but for some reason performance wasn't great at all.
Have you tried this?

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Nope, looking for a more vanilla experience, but if that's all there is that has a good renderer that will perform well I guess it will have to do... Edit: google search brings results like "only iortcw is worthwhile, and realrtcw which is based on iortcw" and stuff, iortcw is the one I tried so, I guess it too will run badly for me then...

Status
Not open for further replies.