Community MetaSteam | July 2021 - Corporate Propaganda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
I really wish Super Robot Wars' animations stopped looking like they're from the PS2 era.
Yes I know animating takes a lot of time and work, but at the end of the day, this is a $60 game I would be buying @3@

Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I feel it's time for me to continue MHWorld, never played much of it, but I liked what I played. Guess you won't be seeing me in the "finished/retired games" thread for a while with the exception of Slime Rancher which I recently started on.

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! FeedMeAStrayCat is giving away 9 gift(s).

This giveaway is a raffle and will be closed after Jul 15, 2021 at 1:57 PM. A winner is chosen randomly with the key delivered via a PM.

Testing out this wonderful new giveaway bot!

The raffle has ended.

The following games are being given away:

• Bioshock Remastered
    • won by Cacher
    • (1 entries)
    • Saints Row: The Third
    • won by Cordelia
    • (3 entries)
    • The Ship: Murder Party
    • (0 entries)
    • XIII Classic
    • won by PC-tan
    • (10 entries)
    • Brutal Legend
    • (0 entries)
    • Psychonauts
    • won by Pogi
    • (2 entries)
    • Love Letter
    • won by Wok
    • (1 entries)
    • GNOG
    • won by Wok
    • (2 entries)

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
No. The right answer is GOD OF WAR. It has to be next, it just has to be.
I would love Uncharted 1-4 this year but it's probably not happening.

I just hope it's not Dreams next after Days Gone, I don't care about it one tiny bit.
On the other hand, Bb actually needs a PC/PS5 version. At least GoW can be played at 60 fps even if it requires a PS5. Bb has nothing.

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! Spamlynguist is giving away 8 gift(s).

This giveaway is a raffle and will be closed after Jul 15, 2021 at 2:49 PM. A winner is chosen randomly with the key delivered via a PM.

[UWSL]:sf_lovb:[/UWSL]

The raffle has ended.

The following games are being given away:

• 12 Labours of Hercules IV: Mother Nature (Platinum Edition)
    • won by Wok
    • (1 entries)
    • Devil's Hunt
    • won by Wok
    • (6 entries)
    • DreadOut
    • won by Jav
    • (1 entries)
    • Dungeons 2
    • (0 entries)
    • Imperial Glory
    • won by Wok
    • (1 entries)
    • Off-Road Drive
    • won by Wok
    • (1 entries)
    • Porcunipine
    • won by Wok
    • (2 entries)
    • Smoke and Sacrifice
    • won by Wok
    • (3 entries)

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
As you can see, the main difference is the JASRAC code. JASRAC is the abreviation of "Japanese Society for Rights of Authors, Composers and Publishers". Looks like it is mostly an organization relating to music right. I don't know how this works, but it seems that music is likely the reason why those two games can't be sold in the west.
Everything I've heard about JASRAC is horrible (admittedly it's also not much), so that checks out :p

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
On the other hand, Bb actually needs a PC/PS5 version. At least GoW can be played at 60 fps even if it requires a PS5. Bb has nothing.
I understand that. But God of War makes every bit as much sense economically as Bloodborne.
Hopefully GoW comes to PC this year.

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Thankfully I'm not really a fan of souls style of games so I'm just watching the whole Bloodborne drama from a distance. But it would be nice if Sony actually was clear about their PC plans instead of apparently being afraid to piss off it's fanboys.

Now.... a long time from now when it's time to do this whole song and dance on Horizon 2, then it will be my time to be annoyed :p

In another topic: I'm a little over half of Mass Effect 2 and I forgot how big the jump in polish and production values it was from the first game. It almost makes you forget about the stupid story decisions involving Cerberus... almost.

And while the game does hold up incredible well, they could have at least added some little things like "Hide Helmets" on this one. It really is "Mass Effect 1 Legendary edition and oh... also the other two games with very little tweaks and somewhat better textures" on PC.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
Interesting. Guess I can't quote giveaway posts and if I do, the quoted post becomes "There was a GIVEAWAY here. It's gone now." and I can't edit or delete my post at all. Dunno if worth looking into Valdien ?
That's weird. I'll look into it and have it fixed. Thanks for picking up on that!

Don't know if it's by design, but there's no way to enter for games in giveaways with no entries that has already ended?

Was interested in Magicka for a coop playthrough with a friend.
Right now, yes, it is by design. I'd like to add an option where users can choose to turn their raffle(s) into a free for all/first-come first-served for unclaimed games. (once the countdown reaches zero).

You should have Magicka now. :)

Thank you sanhora for the game! I see one drawback of Mona is that it's difficult to give thanks after winning the key. PM doesn't even say what or whose giveaway the key is from.
No worries, I can have the Bot mention who did the giveaway & link back to giveaway post, too. But this will only apply to the non-anon giveaways.

Thank you for the feedback everyone! :cat-heart-blob: All the above will be addressed and a few other QOL additions too soon! Like an exit giveaway button which my dumb brain didn't think of. :steam_pig_crylaughing:

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

The Titanic Mod for Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven aims to do exactly what it says on the tin, which is to put the RMS Titanic in Mafia. This isn't just any old 3D model seen from a distance, however - the mod team is trying to make "one of the most detailed and accurate free 3D recreations of the Titanic ever made"
Robin Bongaarts, the mod's lead developer (and maritime engineer from the Netherlands), told me he began work on the project in September 2006.
I must admit I admire this kind of passion and certainly it cant be easy to work on a mod for 15 years.
It's really impressive.

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Finally! Ever since he appeared in Tony Hawk games the world has been asking, "But when will he appear in a spooky FPS?!" And now here we are! :blobcheer:

But seriously, that's pretty cool. The game has a lot of movie references that are tucked away in each of the maps. There's one in a small house near Blanc Brinery and Lawson Station that has a Back to the Future 3 nod for example.

I've uhh.. also never seen a Shrek movie. :disappointed-face:

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
For the first time in many months, there's actually 3060 Ti stock where I live, it's only one model though, and... it's cheaper than the multiple 3060 models that are in stock...

But... it's 200€ more than the supposed normal price, it costs 660€... With the current GPU market situation, it's sad that this price for a 3060 Ti is actually tempting (though I'm still gonna pass on it).

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
For the first time in many months, there's actually 3060 Ti stock where I live, it's only one model though, and... it's cheaper than the multiple 3060 models that are in stock...

But... it's 200€ more than the supposed normal price, it costs 660€... With the current GPU market situation, it's sad that this price for a 3060 Ti is actually tempting (though I'm still gonna pass on it).
Made me look at the store I usually buy from. Lots of stock.

9x 3060 brands
4x 3060 Ti
8x 3070
6x 3070 Ti
6x 3080
6x 3080 Ti
6x 3090

Prices are still maybe 25% above where I'd be interested.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

News of this new patent comes courtesy of Niko Partners analyst [UWSL]Daniel Ahmad[/UWSL] (by way of [UWSL]SegmentNext[/UWSL]). The patent, which was filed in 2019 but was just approved in China this month, "relates to the inheritance of digital items and assets after a person passes away." Although the patent doesn’t specifically mention video games, the most important digital items outside of an online music collection are definitely your games, so video games are the likeliest application.
Behold, the new official avatar for Mona the Giftbot:

Wok please do what you do best. This seems like a challenge.

• Disapproval
Reactions: lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
But seriously, that's pretty cool. The game has a lot of movie references that are tucked away in each of the maps. There's one in a small house near Blanc Brinery and Lawson Station that has a Back to the Future 3 nod for example.
omg, that's actually AWESOME!!!! :awwblob:

• Hug
Reactions: PossiblyPudding

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
So, since no seems to have followed up on this.

Behold, the new official avatar for Mona the Giftbot:

Maybe I'll use this as Mona's avatar for April Fools next year. I'll also limit the bot to only EGS users, so if you don't have an Epic account, you can't use the bot or enter any giveaways. :evilblob:

Status
Not open for further replies.