Community MetaSteam | July 2021 - Corporate Propaganda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Here in Austria our idiot chancellor declared the pandemic over a few days ago (for, I dunno, the 3rd or 4th time now?) if you're vaccinated and restrictions are being lifted.
Today the health ministry just said they're thinking about restrictions for people returning from travels and the night scene again, cause infections are rising faster than expected again.
Clown shoes.

But I guess that's what you get when you have a narcissistic self-absorbed PR chancellor who only cares about announcing good news regardless of how much sense they make or how feasible they are instead of actually doing a good job.

At least everyone who can get vaccinated can do so and by the time I'll have to go back to the office in September I'll have both my shots as well.
(Our company lets us keep doing some home-office but wants the people in the office at least some days a week. Company goal is 3 days in the office, 2 days home-office per week, I've negotiated to have it the other way around :steam_pigblanket:)
I honestly stopped caring about the Austrian governments pandemic handling. It's clownshoes all the way down. I am in awe,though, how some local governments like Tyrol manage to make our federal one look competent. That's impressive.

Both my parents are fully vaccinated, and I'm getting my second shot in a week. I know it won't protect from an infection, but it cuts the risks of serious illness by a ton, and I think that's the best you can hope for anyway.
I doubt our government will react properly again until hospitals are full again, which might actually take far longer due to older people being mostly vaccinated. Could see the 4th wave being the biggest by far yet.
One day I'll reach the post count to read those messages! :evilblob:
You're missing some epic stuff :timinator:

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
It looks like it's going global after all.

The widely beloved Gundam franchise may soon be making its way onto the esports scene, as Bandai Namco announced plans to develop a new competitive title for the series alongside a wealth of new Gundam content for fans worldwide. Bandai Namco has published several Gundam games in the past, and is looking to bring in new audiences.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I guess I only need a Shin-Chan PC Steam announcement for the west and I will complete :blobmorning:

Now for real, it has been a shitty week for me and some of this announcements brought some joy to me, would I love a Sony PC port announcement today? hell sure I would love it but so far, just with SRW 30 announcement I'm already satisfied, but yeah, industry, bring in more.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
indeed :)

RIP Smash Bros ... Nickelodeon is the new cool kid on the block :p
Smash Bros has always been an odd one, while I enjoy Nintendo IP's and have a lot of fond memories of their games on SNES & GBA/DS, Smash Bros has never ever appealed to me.

Whereas this Nickelodeon game is triggering a lot of nostalgia for me. I have fond memories of watching Rugrats with my mum (I will say I was in my 20's and she was in her 50's at the time). She loved the show (still does). There are a lot of shows there that were designed as family shows rather than kids shows.

I can see me grabbing this game (with the usual caveats, decent port, no ridiculous pricing, no exclusivity shenanigans).

It really does appear to be a good week for gaming actually having some surprises there for me.

• Comfy
Reactions: lashman

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I was tempted to get Resi evil Village but reading all that stuff about the performance due to drm puts me off. I think ill wait till they remove all that crap. Sucks that paying customers get a worse experience than those that just pirate it.
I believe SamRed (ars technica reporter who did a review of the DRM) has said that Capcom had ignored him all week, once DF reported on this they finally got a response. However it was off a more generic "We are looking into this". But I believe this is the first time they have actually responded to this.

Copons

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Brighton, UK
copons.wordpress.com
Shameless plug for my friend's game!

It's been out for a year and something, and you might have heard of it already.
It's a very old school point and click adventure, intentionally unforgiving (no hints, pixel hunting, crazy item combinations, etc.).

There is some criticism about the story, which is totally legitimate (although, all the tropes and cliches are intentional as well), but most of the negative reviews are about the difficulty.
I generally am an impatient person, and don't particularly appreciate pixel hunting, and used a guide a few times.

But, the devs listened!
And released a "story mode" update, which is a simplified version of the game!

I was cool with the difficulty of the "old school version", as I recognized and appreciated the homage to old adventure games, but I'm also very much into accessibility in games, and I always like easy modes and options, whether I use them or not, because I strongly believe everyone should be able to enjoy a game however they prefer!

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I was tempted to get Resi evil Village but reading all that stuff about the performance due to drm puts me off. I think ill wait till they remove all that crap. Sucks that paying customers get a worse experience than those that just pirate it.
Don't know if this changes anything as you would be giving Capcom money, but there seems to be new developments. The crack is less than ideal, I want to say shit tier, as it nuked some animations from the game, but there seems to be a more legit and not game butchering fix going around.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Don't know if this changes anything as you would be giving Capcom money, but there seems to be new developments. The crack is less than ideal, I want to say shit tier, as it nuked some animations from the game, but theres seem to be a more legit and not game butchering fix going around.
nope, they already fixed that yesterday :p

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I believe SamRed (ars technica reporter who did a review of the DRM) has said that Capcom had ignored him all week, once DF reported on this they finally got a response. However it was off a more generic "We are looking into this". But I believe this is the first time they have actually responded to this.
Shame. Hopefully more games sites pick it up and question Capcom but i doubt it.

Don't know if this changes anything as you would be giving Capcom money, but there seems to be new developments. The crack is less than ideal, I want to say shit tier, as it nuked some animations from the game, but there seems to be a more legit and not game butchering fix going around.
Yeah i read about that, cant be bothered though, and i dont feel like giving capcom my money for this. i have loads of games so ill just hit the backlog,

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Are there any plans to set up a bot to remove all anime from this site? Maybe it could have a similar avatar to Mona, but one where she is happy for her job.

I wish my government was treating it as seriously. In England, the Scottish and Welsh have decided that people still need to where masks. Our clowns in government instead want to trust the British public judgement on masks (and I have a very dim view on the British public, and I am one of them).
You mean "in the UK, the Scottish and Welsh..."

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! spiel is giving away 2 gift(s).

This giveaway is a raffle and will be closed after Jul 17, 2021 at 12:21 PM. A winner is chosen randomly with the key delivered via a PM.

Great work on the gift bot! :cat-heart-blob: Please accept my measly offerings.

The raffle has ended.

The following games are being given away:

• Sid Meier's Civilization VI : Platinum Edition
    • won by Futaleufu
    • (20 entries)
    • Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse
    • won by Knurek
    • (12 entries)

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Don't enter the Civ giveaway. I thought I'd have a quick look yesterday to see some of the new stuff they did in VI and the expansions (last I played was vanilla V or so, got VI in humble) and suddenly it was 01:30.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019

Anyone tried this game? The concurrent player count is high and the reviews are positive
It's been sitting on the global top sellers for like 2 weeks now, I'm tempted to give it a try since its so cheap lol
Shameless plug for my friend's game!

It's been out for a year and something, and you might have heard of it already.
It's a very old school point and click adventure, intentionally unforgiving (no hints, pixel hunting, crazy item combinations, etc.).

There is some criticism about the story, which is totally legitimate (although, all the tropes and cliches are intentional as well), but most of the negative reviews are about the difficulty.
I generally am an impatient person, and don't particularly appreciate pixel hunting, and used a guide a few times.

But, the devs listened!
And released a "story mode" update, which is a simplified version of the game!

I was cool with the difficulty of the "old school version", as I recognized and appreciated the homage to old adventure games, but I'm also very much into accessibility in games, and I always like easy modes and options, whether I use them or not, because I strongly believe everyone should be able to enjoy a game however they prefer!
I'm an old fart who likes games needessly hard but Virtuaverse was more on the frustrating end of hard so I very much welcome this.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
A few new historical lowest for some Square-Enix games on GreenManGaming.
I'm not sure whether the voucher should work with these titles so my advice is, if you like the price buy the game.

FINAL FANTASY XV WINDOWS EDITION - ~60% - 14,99€ - Using voucher "FEASTSPECIAL"
Chrono Trigger® - ~60% - 6€ - " "
FINAL FANTASY VIII - REMASTERED - ~60% - 8€ - " "
FINAL FANTASY X/X-2 HD Remaster - ~60% - 10€ - " "
WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY® - ~60% - 8€ - " "
DRAGON QUEST HEROES™ Slime Edition - ~60% - 12,80€ - " "
DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS™ 2 - ~60% - 25,99€ - " "

You might get games even a bit cheaper than posted above depending whether you have xp reward categories (bronze, silver or gold) on your account.

Edit. If someone's living in China/Asia?? and wants to buy a game on GreenManGaming they need to apply a different voucher : "SPECIALFEAST"

---

Bandai-Namco on Gamersgate:

Ni no Kuni™ II: Revenant Kingdom - 87% -6,80€ - Using voucher code "GG-DEALS-21"
TEKKEN 7 - 87% - 4,32€ - " "
CODE VEIN - 78% - 9,45€ - " "
Tales of Vesperia™: Definitive Edition - 83% - 5,76€ - " "
DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT - 71% - 14,97€ - " "
GOD EATER 3 - 83% - 7,56€ - " "
SOULCALIBUR VI - 87% - 7,48€ - " "
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - 73% - 7,13€ - " "
Tales of Zestiria - 87% - 5,40€ - " "
The Dark Pictures Anthology: Little Hope - 59% - 10,80€ - " "
Dragon Ball FighterZ - 87% - 6,80€ - " "
JUMP FORCE - 83% - 9,07€ - " "
DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2 - 86% - 6,04€ - " "
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition - 74% - 9,07€ - " "
Project CARS 2 - 87% - 6,48€ - " "
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization – Deluxe Edition - 87% - 5,40€ - " "
Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New Champions -xx% - 12,48€ - " "
Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet - 83% - 5,76€ - " "
Little Nightmares II - 32% - 18,15€ - " "

There are more deals.

Last edited:
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Now if only it didn't have Denuvo (and any other nonsense they added on top as well) in the first place. It happened with DMC5, they know people are going to notice this, it's not helping with piracy.
yup, this ... all of this

i wish publishers would FINALLY stop pretending DRM helps with anything other than silencing bitching shareholders

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
God... It's brutal out here.

I am still in shock that the Nickelodeon game actually looks good. And now I'm wondering if Spongebob actually plays like Ittle Dew and that is just a strange thought to have.

• Sad

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
RE: GMG
GMG has a code
SPECIALFEAST

During check out this'll generate a unique discount code

I can get DQ Builders 2 for $25-26 with it

The code seems to work with SPECIFIC games only during their sale.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Write one article for every game mentioned here

Profit

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
This week, on Geforce Now:
  • The Immortal Mayor (day-and-date release on Steam, July 15)
  • Lost at Sea (day-and-date release on Steam, July 15)
  • Obduction (Free on Epic Games Store until June 22)
  • Alchemist Adventure (Steam)
  • Retro Machina (Steam)
  • Space Colony: Steam Edition (Steam)
  • Tained Grail: Conquest (Steam)
  • Unity of Command II (Steam)
  • Warframe (Digital Extremes)
  • Wildermyth (Steam)
  • X3: Albion Prelude (Steam)
  • Ys: Memories of Celceta (Steam)
  • Ys Origin (Steam)

Status
Not open for further replies.