Community MetaSteam | July 2021 - Corporate Propaganda

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

More evidence has emerged suggesting a powerful Chromebook is coming with dedicated graphics by AMD – which would be a first – but that begs the question: why?

Luke Short of Chromeunboxed has found references in the build configuration of the rumored device, codenamed Mushu, which suggests the Chromebook will come with an AMD Radeon Vega 12 dedicated GPU
Well, Short comes up with some interesting theories. For a start, there have been rumors swirling that Valve and Google could be working on bringing Steam to Chrome OS. Steam is a hugely popular store for buying PC games on, and it also enables people to stream games from other gaming PCs.

According to Short, the same hardware used by Mushu, codenamed ‘Hatch’, is being used to test Steam on Chrome OS. With Steam running natively, Chromebooks could potentially have access to a large library of games.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
Last edited:

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
I hear you folks appreciate fair and reasonable regional prices.

NBA 2K22 NBA 75th Anniversary Edition

Also PC is getting the old-gen version.
Is that a new record for ARG? I've never seen other game which had over 800% price increase in that country so far. It's really bad news for legit customers and I don't think the situation will get better.

It seems like some pubs are going for the route "we don't care if a single true Argentinian can buy our game as long as we can sell it elsewhere". Sad news for sad times :(

Also, once they are done with ARG, I'm pretty sure region switchers will find a new home and the same story will repeat itself again

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Also, once they are done with ARG, I'm pretty sure region switchers will find a new home and the same story will repeat itself again
it's not about region switchers ... it never was ... even at their worst sales from Argentina was like 1-2% of all sales ... that's NOTHING

they just want more money ... from everyone

When you remove the anime from Anime Occult, you're left with only the Occult. 👻

• Toucan
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I hear you folks appreciate fair and reasonable regional prices.

NBA 2K22 NBA 75th Anniversary Edition

Also PC is getting the old-gen version.
There is not a single country on that list that doesn't have a completely insane and dogshit price. That's quite the accomplishment.

They're asking people in the UK to pay £85 - EIGHTY-FIVE-FUCKING-POUNDS - for a basketball game that will no doubt be riddled with microtransaction and live service shite too. The absolute fucking gall of them.

While I'm a pretty frugal person and my costs nowhere near reflect most people, my share of the weekly food bill is usually somewhere in the region of £20-£30, so it's basically costs about three quarters of my monthly food shop. It's about a third of my share of the monthly mortgate. I pay less each month in council tax.

And as I said, I'm very frugal. I have a lot of disposable income on a good wage, and I've got no kids. How the hell do they expect people on lower incomes to afford games at this price? What the actual fuck is wrong with them?

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
Haven't done this before but I just have to gush about Chicory: A Colorful Tale. I finally finished it up today and I absolutely adored the game. Not many games bring a smile to my face in the way this one did and then turn around seconds later and turn me into an emotional mess.

It's a truly beautiful game. I'll include my Steam review in a spoiler tag if folks are curious to read it. I wish I could have been a little more eloquent typing it but I'm always so scared of spoiling anything in my reviews, especially so with a game like this that I loved. So I try to keep it simple and to the point.

They also hint/joke at a potential Chicory 2 in game and I can only hope that they get enough sales to make that happen.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Haven't done this before but I just have to gush about Chicory: A Colorful Tale. I finally finished it up today and I absolutely adored the game. Not many games bring a smile to my face in the way this one did and then turn around seconds later and turn me into an emotional mess.

It's a truly beautiful game. I'll include my Steam review in a spoiler tag if folks are curious to read it. I wish I could have been a little more eloquent typing it but I'm always so scared of spoiling anything in my reviews, especially so with a game like this that I loved. So I try to keep it simple and to the point.

They also hint/joke at a potential Chicory 2 in game and I can only hope that they get enough sales to make that happen.

yup, it's absolutely great ... highly-recommended!

glad you enjoyed it! :blobhug:

• Hug
Reactions: PossiblyPudding

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! Kvik is giving away 1 gift(s).

This giveaway is a raffle and will be closed after Jul 16, 2021 at 1:18 AM. A winner is chosen randomly with the key delivered via a PM.

I have this old gift key lying around, but I'm unsure whether someone has already redeemed it.

If it is, just let me know/PM and I'll gift you a working key ASAP. :mion_excited:

The raffle has ended.

The following games are being given away:

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Should I be selling my trading cards for $.07 or saving them for those gem sacks or whatever? I honestly have no idea what those are for.

Reactions: lashman

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
So looks like I will finally be back to working in the office sometime in the next few weeks.

While I am looking forward to being back in the office and not being stuck in my flat (you only realise how small a flat is until you spend pretty much a year and a half living & working there) there is one thing I will miss. My lunchtime gaming sessions.

I think I have played more games over the last year and a half because of that. Getting a session in at lunch time also encouraged me to play in the evening. So I think I need to make the most of it while it lasts.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Should I be selling my trading cards for $.07 or saving them for those gem sacks or whatever? I honestly have no idea what those are for.
If you don't plan to craft badges, then sell your cards. Gems are needed to craft booster packs, in order to get more cards to complete your set.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
I am more of an extreme case, but I managed to get about £80 (80 euros/$100) selling cards last year. Took a week to idle my library and a month or two to get there. I will say I have over a 1000 games in my library at this point.

I did it again a month or two ago, sold about 100 cards. Managed to get another £2.00 back.

Meanwhile in my arse end of the world...

I wish my government was treating it as seriously. In England, the Scottish and Welsh have decided that people still need to where masks. Our clowns in government instead want to trust the British public judgement on masks (and I have a very dim view on the British public, and I am one of them).

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I wish my government was treating it as seriously. In England, the Scottish and Welsh have decided that people still need to where masks. Our clowns in government instead want to trust the British public judgement on masks (and I have a very dim view on the British public, and I am one of them).
Here in Austria our idiot chancellor declared the pandemic over a few days ago (for, I dunno, the 3rd or 4th time now?) if you're vaccinated and restrictions are being lifted.
Today the health ministry just said they're thinking about restrictions for people returning from travels and the night scene again, cause infections are rising faster than expected again.
Clown shoes.

But I guess that's what you get when you have a narcissistic self-absorbed PR chancellor who only cares about announcing good news regardless of how much sense they make or how feasible they are instead of actually doing a good job.

At least everyone who can get vaccinated can do so and by the time I'll have to go back to the office in September I'll have both my shots as well.
(Our company lets us keep doing some home-office but wants the people in the office at least some days a week. Company goal is 3 days in the office, 2 days home-office per week, I've negotiated to have it the other way around :steam_pigblanket:)

Status
Not open for further replies.