Community MetaSteam | July 2021 - Corporate Propaganda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
That's a factor that I did not consider. I remember Ghostlight said they were porting games to Switch (turned out to be Fairy Fencer F and some other games) in 2018. Their twitter account is still active so I guess they are quietly working on something but not ready to announce yet.
They confirmed last year more PC things, btw, in case you missed that, just nothing announced so far, a JRPG

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I own a Steam Curator group, which I use to keep track of review scores from a French news outlet. Because it has a decent number of subscribers (~2k), I am sometimes offered free games to review, which I always refuse because I don't actually review games. Today's was a hard one: The Forgotten City. I have pressed the "No" button. :sweaty-blob:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
His criticism that the people in Fallout just mimic the capitalist society that came before them holds very true for Bethesda games, but far less so for Fallout 2 and New Vegas, where you are presented with factions and groups that hold a very different view. In Fallout 2 there's tribal societies that do not continue past traditions, and New Vegas has Caesars Legion.
I also think that Fallout, had it continued past 2 with the original development team, would have left the 50s parodies behind and explored new ideas in the setting. It's Bethesda lack of imagination that forever linked it with this boring 50s US style, not being able to explore any other topics and ideas of a post apocalyptical world.

Last edited:

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
I'm struggling to think why you lot regularly get a bigger kicking than anywhere else percentage-wise.
Does it include your local sales tax? Is that what boosts it to the stratosphere? Or is that tax on top of that price?
Argentina is (or was) the current "famous" country to switch to if you want to abuse VPN and try to get cheap prices. You also have Russia, but some games there have runtime region locking, some missing languages, and so on. So publishers see this spike and use to kick Argentina specially hard, and also try to justify ending regional price overall.

My country (Brazil) was once the "good" one to switch to, and we also got fucked with absurd prices increases. To the point where several people over here decided to switch to Argentina. When Valve "deported" some VPN abusers you could see a lot of complaining in local forums/groups.

So yeah, basically Argentina is the current "symbol"/target against regional pricing. They will get fucked, and if somewhere else starts to get a reputation of cheap prices, it will be their turn....

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Does anyone here have or knows where i can find GTA V PC Boxed edition XD Only one i have found is from amazon or BestBuy in US,

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020
Dissapointed in the Ascent review scores. Will try for a few min on game pass and then see. ACG liked it a lot though.
well, it's still very pretty and looks fun (albeit likely not for its full 20-hour length) and it's on Game Pass, so I'll give it a try at some point

almost done with Last Stop, really been enjoying it but not sold on the narrative turn the plot takes in the final chapter. also started Omno and that seems pretty solid if you're a fan of the Journey/Abzu/Gris subgenre

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
The Ascent is reportedly 15-20 hours. Yeah, I will play it on Steam (but try for a few min on game pass), not risking the MS backend or Xbox app fucking up something.

Last edited:
Reactions: sk2k

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
His criticism that the people in Fallout just mimic the capitalist society that came before them holds very true for Bethesda games, but far less so for Fallout 2 and New Vegas, where you are presented with factions and groups that hold a very different view. In Fallout 2 there's tribal societies that do not continue past traditions, and New Vegas has Caesars Legion.
I also think that Fallout, had it continued past 2 with the original development team, would have left the 50s parodies behind and explored new ideas in the setting. It's Bethesda lack of imagination that forever linked it with this boring 50s US style, not being able to explore any other topics and ideas of a post apocalyptical world.
Hmmm, it's been a LONG while since i read the documents but it's worth looking for info on "Van Buren" which was the in-development name for Fallout 3 before it was cancelled. That might give you an idea as to what they were looking to tackle with the game though whether those ideas would have made it to the end or changed is anyone's guess. Several aspects of the story did appear in the Brotherhood games though.

Reactions: Mivey and lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Huh, I knew that the Ascent can be played in coop, but didn't know it was so heavily focusd around coop. Reading about difficulty spikes and stuff alone. I would only play the game alone.

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
i'd argue:

especially for Argentina and Turkey
Those middle east prices

But eh...for the most part the disparity isn't that bad, and for me the game is up on humble so I can get it for a decent price from there :drinking-blob:
I always forget what the columns mean for those table snippets.
That's because they get cut off whenever they get posted :V last 2 columns show what the price SHOULD BE using valve's recommendation along with how different the price is to the Valve's recommendation.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Argentina is (or was) the current "famous" country to switch to if you want to abuse VPN and try to get cheap prices. You also have Russia, but some games there have runtime region locking, some missing languages, and so on. So publishers see this spike and use to kick Argentina specially hard, and also try to justify ending regional price overall.

My country (Brazil) was once the "good" one to switch to, and we also got fucked with absurd prices increases. To the point where several people over here decided to switch to Argentina. When Valve "deported" some VPN abusers you could see a lot of complaining in local forums/groups.

So yeah, basically Argentina is the current "symbol"/target against regional pricing. They will get fucked, and if somewhere else starts to get a reputation of cheap prices, it will be their turn....
Regional pricing is really a very interesting topic that I would like to get properly addressed in the future. There are many variables in play and I don't think there's an easy solution for publishers/developers and customers.

Valve has made great progress on cutting down the abuse through the Steam store but there's still the issue regarding keys.
A keyless system might help to prevent/fight against marketplaces (chargebacks/region exploiters/etc..) but could also start the foundation of "trust" between both parts involved in this eternal conflict. This applies mainly to big AAA games.

I don't know which company uses this kind of system but I believe SEGA does something similar with their freebies. If I'm wrong please feel free to correct me, I know there are two different systems at least.

As a bonus and to not make the post more dense there's also some misconception regarding videogames in that some people believe paying more than a few euros for most games is like some sort of heresy. I don't know why that happens so much in videogames but I don't think people have the same mentality towards other consumer products like most mobiles.

I'm sorry for the off-topic.

---

Reason: Added Fanatical bundle
Last edited:

Yoshi

o_O
Jan 5, 2019
New early access game from the makers of Trine. Out now:

In other news:

SkateBIRD has been delayed to September 16, 2021

Resident Evil Village sold 4.5 million copies across all platforms
In this business segment, the latest title in the Company's flagship series Resident Evil Village (for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PC) was released in May; supported by steady popularity, the title performed well with shipments exceeding 4.5 million units worldwide after garnering acclaim for its immersive gameplay driven by the synergies between its beautiful graphics and horror elements.

Last edited:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Hmmm, it's been a LONG while since i read the documents but it's worth looking for info on "Van Buren" which was the in-development name for Fallout 3 before it was cancelled. That might give you an idea as to what they were looking to tackle with the game though whether those ideas would have made it to the end or changed is anyone's guess. Several aspects of the story did appear in the Brotherhood games though.

Looking over the locations, seems like they would have featured a few tribal societies and more ideas on how the world would change from just being rubble of the old world.
The actual plot seems fairly boring, though, evil scientist wanting to kill everything, yada, yada.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020

The game previously called Runnerdot has started a free promotion since few days and its still on course but this news makes me wonder if they knew all of this and made the game free before removing it.

• Toucan
  • Eyes
Reactions: Wok and Yoshi

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
As a bonus and to not make the post more dense there's also some misconception regarding videogames in that some people believe paying more than a few euros for most games is like some sort of heresy. I don't know why that happens so much in videogames but I don't think people have the same mentality towards other consumer products like most mobiles.

I'm sorry for the off-topic.
Unfortunately the gaming industry itself is now really feeding the notion that you shouldn't pay more than a few bucks upfront for a game, with everything going F2P, GaaS and/or subscription based. It is all about getting the users into the door and getting that engagement, so it's all about lowering the initial costs (even at a great loss). And if you are outside the big hype machine, you are even more screwed. The amount of comments we see now that an indie game is not worth even it's cheap because either you will get for free on Epic Game Store or on Gamepass is worrying for me, to say the least.

And merging the two subjects: Over here when Steam offered good regional pricing a lot of people opted to pay for the game instead of pirating it. But now that prices jumped 2x or 3x, I don't know if even going back would "fix" the notion that is worth it.... people are just mad.

Also, I think the only off-topic on this thread is talking about actually playing games :p

Sadrac

Dec 6, 2018
The Ascent is reportedly 15-20 hours. Yeah, I will play it on Steam (but try for a few min on game pass), not risking the MS backend or Xbox app fucking up something.
The price for argentina in steam is pretty shitty, but in the windows store is very good.
Unfortunately I don't plan to buy it there for the reasons you mention.
I'm not going to buy it on steam at that price either.

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
The Sonic sale is up on Humble as well, so an extra 20% for Choice subscribers. Sonic Forces - 7.99, Team Sonic Racing - 3.19, etcetc.

Kiru

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
I own a Steam Curator group, which I use to keep track of review scores from a French news outlet. Because it has a decent number of subscribers (~2k), I am sometimes offered free games to review, which I always refuse because I don't actually review games. Today's was a hard one: The Forgotten City. I have pressed the "No" button. :sweaty-blob:
Interesting. Didn't see it offered to the NeoGAF curator, which has like 12k followers still. Maybe they confuse you to be the official account/curator for that news outlet. I would have taken it. :evilblob:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Played a bit of The Ascent on game pass and liked it a lot so will buy on Steam, just not sure when,have some other games I wanna play first.

Also, lol, no dlss for game pass

Mona

The Giveaway Gal
AI
Jul 10, 2021

Giveaway

Restrictions & Conditions:

Hello, I'm the Giveaway Bot! MJunioR is giving away 1 gift(s).

This giveaway is a raffle and will be closed after Jul 30, 2021 at 3:14 AM. A winner is chosen randomly with the key delivered via a PM.

This game was originally given away by Kyougar but I couldn't activate it due to the key being region locked. I suspect it's locked to EU only (it could be a key using this sub), so please be aware of that. Anyway, all props goes to Kyougar for hosting the original GA, and good luck!

The raffle has ended.

The following games are being given away:

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Bummer, I guess that means a port is out of the question. Kinda weird for them to port Forza Horizon 4 but not this one since Horizon is the one getting a sequel later this year. I wonder if that means the next Motorsports is having development troubles because as far as I can tell it's the first time that two games from the same series will come out in a row, usually they alternate between Horizon and Motorsports.

Kiru

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
If you're from Turkey, MS Store currently has the Ultimate Edition of FM7 cheaper than other editions (standard ed: 67,25 ₺, ultimate ed: 57,25 ₺). They might fix this later, so...
Hmmm, I'll need to do some research if there's an easy way to get some turkish xbox credit. I heard that if you're from EU you can choose the Icelandic Store to get cheaper prices (needs a credit card tho). I'll probably just use my Microsoft Rewards credit.

Last edited:

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
Bummer, I guess that means a port is out of the question. Kinda weird for them to port Forza Horizon 4 but not this one since Horizon is the one getting a sequel later this year. I wonder if that means the next Motorsports is having development troubles because as far as I can tell it's the first time that two games from the same series will come out in a row, usually they alternate between Horizon and Motorsports.
Probably not worth the effort given how they would be only able to sell it for a few months.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.