Community MetaSteam | July 2022 - Stray(t) out of Kowloon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
As Nyu Media shuted down it's operations the ALLTYNEX trilogy was transferred to Henteko Doujin.

Hello,

This is Henteko Doujin.
We are pleased to announce that we have been transfered the sales of the ALLTYNEX Trilogy from Nyu Media.

Along with the transfer, we have updated the games as follows:

ALLTYNEX Second、RefleX、KAMUI

• The Japanese version is now included in the games. (Especially the Japanese visual representation of KAMUI is cool, so check it out!)
  • The publisher logo of the games have been changed to Henteko Doujin.
  • The soundtrack now includes high-quality FLAC data.
  • The soundtracks are now compatible with the Steam client's music player.

RefleX

- Fixed display issues on Windows 10 or later.

Thank you for your continued support!

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Colorado, USA
Question for current or past Switch owners. Are you keeping yours for games that won’t work on emulators or are you just making due with whatever you can play? I’m torn right now on keeping my OLED but I want to be able to play Xenoblade 3. I know if I sell it and the game doesn’t work in either emulator I’m gonna be massively disappointed.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Question for current or past Switch owners. Are you keeping yours for games that won’t work on emulators or are you just making due with whatever you can play? I’m torn right now on keeping my OLED but I want to be able to play Xenoblade 3. I know if I sell it and the game doesn’t work in either emulator I’m gonna be massively disappointed.
Switch all the way. Preview from Eurogamer said it is running in solid 30fps. Drops in resolution does exist but the performance so far is much better than 2.

No need for gamble when the game is coming out in a few weeks. If you really need the money though then go ahead and sell the Switch. You can always play the game later.

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Colorado, USA
Switch all the way. Preview from Eurogamer said it is running in solid 30fps. Drops in resolution does exist but the performance so far is much better than 2.

No need for gamble when the game is coming out in a few weeks. If you really need the money though then go ahead and sell the Switch. You can always play the game later.
That’s good to hear, so I won’t have to worry too much about 3. Xenoblade 2 on the other hand is abysmal, so I might try to play that on Yuzu anyways.

• Comfy
Reactions: Cacher

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020
Didn't China also, within the last few months, crack down on gaming portals across the board (Steam included)?
Tencent can't win/buy them all.
Correct. The CCP went on a crusade against video games last year and greatly limited the amount children and teenagers can play. They also froze game approvals for nearly a year, but have started greenlighting titles again. Steam was in this weird grey zone where you could easily access it until last Christmas where they've put a soft block on it. It's not outright banned (yet), but it's significantly harder to get on now without a VPN.

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety and Pommes

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Castlevania Lords of Shadow is good game but pacing can be off and it is kinda too long. After like 12h i am at Chapter VII and at least 1/3 of content so far was bit to much. It is getting bit repetitive.

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
HEY EVERYONE!!!

you'll never guess what time it is ;)

Going to go with another chill stream today. Probably going to start things off with some more Project Lazarus and then we might take a look at a couple new games, well.. new to the stream at least. Should be starting in about 30 minutes so feel free to stop by and hang out for a bit to see what shenanigans we get up to. :cat-heart-blob:

:steam_pigblanket:

Ibuki

MetaMember
Dec 9, 2018
Colorado, USA
Do we have any Star Ocean fans here on Meta?

Convince me to keep playing Till the End of Time. I’m emulating it on Deck and just got through the super slog of an intro to the first planet. Everything seems really bad. The models/acting are atrocious, the combat is mashy and boring so far, and the game doesn’t really have visuals going for it either.

Am I missing what makes people really like this game or should I just drop it now?

• Eyes

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019

Convince me to keep playing Till the End of Time. I’m emulating it on Deck and just got through the super slog of an intro to the first planet. Everything seems really bad. The models/acting are atrocious, the combat is mashy and boring so far, and the game doesn’t really have visuals going for it either.

Am I missing what makes people really like this game or should I just drop it now?
I'll never understand people who like SO3. It's the second worst game in the series IMO, only losing to 5.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Ibuki

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com

It's been like 20 years since I played it, and I liked it. But I don't remember what made me like it :D
I believe it's the battle that made it so much fun. Plus I believe you could craft better stuff. I used a guide for it to find the best items. I recommend that you read a guide if you don't want to miss anything useful

• Eyes

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
The thing I'm most interested here is the cloak and pin.
Sword is fake as heck lol, doesn't even have an edge.
But if the cloak is nicely spun, heavy duty wool, and the pin is legit that'd be a fun, authentic cosplay/collector item.
I think like 99% of "swords" out in the world right now are just display models. Actual smithed steel/carbon steel basic ass swords start at $400+ dollars, getting a bespoke complex one probably way more than that. I mean you can still bean somebody with 10-20lb of stainless steel and not like actual swords have the lasting power media makes them out to be so the discrepancy is somewhat moot in 100% of real world situations I've seen in my lifetime :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

• Eyes

Sobatronix

MetaMember
Mar 9, 2021
Yeah, would line up with other ports' timeline.

Just speculating.

Probably 18-24 months later.
It could be, but they announced TLOU remake for PS5 and PC simultaneously, so they're probably hauling ass with their PC ports, so I'd say 1 year max. But maybe I'm just coping, because I really liked Gow 2018 lol

• Eyes

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Lego games bundle over at Humble:

The LEGO Movie 2 Videogame
LEGO® Disney•Pixar's The Incredibles
LEGO® DC Super-Villains
The LEGO NINJAGO Movie Video Game
LEGO® Marvel Super Heroes 2
LEGO® MARVEL's Avengers
LEGO® Jurassic World™
The LEGO® Movie - Videogame
LEGO® Marvel™ Super Heroes

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

I liked the combat of Star Ocean 3, honestly.
But it's hard to recommend it to people due to how bad the ending of it is. It's so bad, it literally ruins the entire series, past and future of it. I did still finish the game, but I also have a weakness for this series. Aside from the first game, I don't even think the games are really all that great. Basically guilty pleasures of mine.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018

SO3 only gets held up because SO4 was so controversial. Kay?

So3 was a mixed bag. I liked the SciFi beginning and was bummed out that the rest of the game basically happens on the medieval planet. But the Twist at the end was cool.

So4 is the best in the Series. It was a real Space adventure, with dozens of different Planets and Stations, awesome gameplay and insane crafting. The characters are O-KAY except for one.

• Eyes

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
the room daily update

i tried getting the carpet in, but the mesh itself got badlunked in source 2 as you can see on the image, probably because of my test of not photogrammetrying the entirety of it, and instead just a corner piece, and then doing a botched copypasta operation where i just copy parts of it until i have a complete carpet

however, no need to fear citizens, i have found another way of mostly fixing the carpet, so that shouldn't be a too huge problem when i get back into it later

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Today is the 3rd time Ive tried to get into Darksiders 2 (finished the first game, 3rd game and Genesis), but I just can't get the game to click. It's just completely uninteresting for some reason. I think the game might be too open and big for it's own good, but I dunno. Considering to try to find and download a save file that's progressed further into the game to see if it becomes more interesting.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto

Finished Neon White last night with all red medals (dev times). Some of them are quite tough to get, especially in levels where there isn't much room for optimizations or crazy routings. Although, there's no doubt this'll change in the coming months since it's a speedrunning game.

The game has some of the best level design I've seen in quite a while, in my opinion. Every level in the game is easy to read, even on your first go, and the relatively simple but attractive visuals help with that. The last level in the game titled "Marathon" (before the final boss) is expertly crafted and exhilarating to do as fast as possible, provided you do it the "dev" intended way. I've managed to finish the level in under 23 seconds by using the rings to move around, but the top times for the level are sub 13, which is insane. Funny thing is, the lead designer for the level added tripwires to the rings knowing fully that players would die if they tried to skip the level that way, but people found a way to redirect the momentum that you gain after using the Book of Life which stops the traps from triggering.

Easily my GOTY. And yeah, the writing is awful. I ended up skipping most of it as I couldn't bare reading it anymore, lol. Especially not when the gameplay is so good! The gifts are fun to find, but the relationship system designed around them is very repetitive. The only reason I maxed out all the character relationships was to unlock the levels hidden behind them. The audio mixing during dialogues is pretty sub-par, particularly when it comes to Green. You can barely hear the guy because the music is too loud!

I also really enjoyed the game's OST. Apparently, Machine Girl is somewhat of a popular music group (don't listen to electronic music outside of games), but it was my first time hearing their work and they've no doubt done an excellent job composing for Neon White.

My favourite track from the OST:

Also, shoutout to PossiblyPudding for setting some tough times in Episode 3. We had a on-going battle where we kept beating each other's times. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-tightly-closed-eyes:

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018

Finished Neon White last night with all red medals (dev times). Some of them are quite tough to get, especially in levels where there isn't much room for optimizations or crazy routings. Although, there's no doubt this'll change in the coming months since it's a speedrunning game.

The game has some of the best level design I've seen in quite a while, in my opinion. Every level in the game is easy to read, even on your first go, and the relatively simple but attractive visuals help with that. The last level in the game titled "Marathon" (before the final boss) is expertly crafted and exhilarating to do as fast as possible, provided you do it the "dev" intended way. I've managed to finish the level in under 23 seconds by using the rings to move around, but the top times for the level are sub 13, which is insane. Funny thing is, the lead designer for the level added tripwires to the rings knowing fully that players would die if they tried to skip the level that way, but people found a way to redirect the momentum that you gain after using the Book of Life which stops the traps from triggering.

Easily my GOTY. And yeah, the writing is awful. I ended up skipping most of it as I couldn't bare reading it anymore, lol. Especially not when the gameplay is so good! The gifts are fun to find, but the relationship system designed around them is very repetitive. The only reason I maxed out all the character relationships was to unlock the levels hidden behind them. The audio mixing during dialogues is pretty sub-par, particularly when it comes to Green. You can barely hear the guy because the music is too loud!

I also really enjoyed the game's OST. Apparently, Machine Girl is somewhat of a popular music group (don't listen to electronic music outside of games), but it was my first time hearing their work and they've no doubt done an excellent job composing for Neon White.

My favourite track from the OST:

Also, shoutout to PossiblyPudding for setting some tough times in Episode 3. We had a on-going battle where we kept beating each other's times. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-tightly-closed-eyes:
Getting all the devs time is really impressive, so far I only got it in some levels and I don'k I have the reflexes to get them all.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
This bundle is freaking great IMO. Haven Park is lovely, I already have Songbird Symphony but that double pack is great (if anyone doesn't want the other half, I'd be interested). Monster Sanctuary is supposed to be excellent. A lot of people like Graek although I did not enjoy the demo at all. Even with me having a bunch of the games I'd be interested in there's STILL enough here for me to do at least a 3 pack.

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
wild how humble/gmg having just shit the bed in the last ten years only to be usurped by fanatical. It's gotten noticable. Those fanatical bundles are getting more and more legit as the years go on. and the amount/quality are noticable. W I L D A S F U C K that Phantom Pain got bundled this year. I know it's been 5 years or so but man did my jaw hit the floor when I saw that. It is amazing. The quality of humble slid before the IGN purchase but man it's gotten even worse. The only reason I got the monthly bundle was KillSquad and a couple of other games. W I L D S H I T

dummmyy

Dumb fool
Nov 14, 2018
Final Haul (I'm late):
Beyond Good and Evil
Neon Abyss DLC
Peggle Nights
Peggle Deluxe
Knights Try
Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe
Voice Prison
Alien Scumbags
Gunlocked
Ninja JaJaMaru: The Great Yokai Battles + Hell
Cuphead The Delicious Last Course
Xpand Rally
Xpand Rally Supreme
Samurai Bringer
Fist Puncher
Wild West and Wizards
Project Lazarus
Gravel
Adventure Rush
Nomad Survival
Road Rage
No Parachute
Scheming through the Zombie Apocalypse
Grindstone
Bloodroots
Twin Ruin
Alwa's Awakening
CyberTaxi
RITE
Dungeons of Dreadrock

so of course I install most of them and then play the game i've put nearly 400 hours into.... :jj_fool:

pinson

Sep 6, 2021
Canada
Castlevania Lords of Shadow is good game but pacing can be off and it is kinda too long. After like 12h i am at Chapter VII and at least 1/3 of content so far was bit to much. It is getting bit repetitive.
From what I remember back when I played it on PS3, the first third is very slow but then it picks up a bit. It's not a masterpiece by any means but it is a fun ride. A bit long in the tooth tho...

• Eyes

Derrick01

MetaMember
Oct 6, 2018
I started SFV mostly for campaign and offline stuff and I really underestimated just how half assed they treated it. The character stories literally take 10 minutes each at most, consist only 2 to 3 one round fights, and have a few dialog sequences on static art backgrounds. It's really kind of pathetic.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
My steam sale haul.

Great Ace Attorney Chronicles
Spelunky
Project Zomboid
Bombslinger

Not much because I am still waiting for my Deck. Honestly suspect it may never actually arrive (or arrive in one piece). I would have grabbed a lot more if it arrived during the sale.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Today is the 3rd time Ive tried to get into Darksiders 2 (finished the first game, 3rd game and Genesis), but I just can't get the game to click. It's just completely uninteresting for some reason. I think the game might be too open and big for it's own good, but I dunno.
I agree, the game is way too long and becomes very repetitive after a while. I had to force myself to finish it. I liked the 1st and 3rd game a lot tho.
Great bundle! Bought Wintermoor, Northend Tower Defense and Greak.

Last edited:

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Forgot to post my thread here ;)

Meanwhile, people on MC (me included)

Last edited:

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
This bundle is freaking great IMO. Haven Park is lovely, I already have Songbird Symphony but that double pack is great (if anyone doesn't want the other half, I'd be interested). Monster Sanctuary is supposed to be excellent. A lot of people like Graek although I did not enjoy the demo at all. Even with me having a bunch of the games I'd be interested in there's STILL enough here for me to do at least a 3 pack.
I'm currently playing Monster Sanctuary and can confirm that it is a great game.
I also liked Greak a fair bit although I can understad why some would feel underwhelmed by it.

• Eyes

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019

This might sound harsh but I wouldn't recommend wasting time on those games.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

Play and FINISH videogames? I am not a nerd.

Status
Not open for further replies.