Community MetaSteam | July 2022 - Stray(t) out of Kowloon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Wait, can they even revoke the game entirely? Doesn't Steam have a policy that once you guy a game you'll keep it no matter what (within reason, i.e. single player games)?

If they were to give everyone a copy of the remaster that's one thing but I don't think that ever came to Steam. That came out after Ubisoft had left for EGS, right?

STHX

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2021
Wait, can they even revoke the game entirely? Doesn't Steam have a policy that once you guy a game you'll keep it no matter what (within reason, i.e. single player games)?
It's unlikely the game will be removed from anyone's library. What I think it will happen is that the game will simply become unplayable. Yeah you can download it, and you can press the PLAY button, but will the game ever go past the title screen? Doesn't sound likely

It's like a bunch of now dead online-only games on Steam I still see in my library. I can see them and download the files, but that's the end of it: it's just junk data on my drive. An actual "digital paperweight"

Fluffpuff

Jul 20, 2021
There are a few days left on these itch.io bundles for those interested.

Indie Bundle for Abortion Funds - 1,122 items for $10

Worthy of Better, Stronger Together for Reproductive Rights - 169 items for $10

While smaller, the "Worthy" bundle has some notable "itch-bundle" exclusives. Some that caught my eye: Lost in Vivo, Sucker for Love, Bloodwash, Copy Kitty, and JEF. Of those, I've only played Copy Kitty which is a good Kirby-like where you combine enemies to create new powers. You can see the full list of exclusive games here. Use that to check other bundle exclusives by changing the exclusions at the bottom of the left column.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I finished Neon White, got all the ace medals and I loved it. As I progressed through the game the main story became more bearable but some side stuff was still hit and miss.

The best part was the gameplay, it's fast paced and flows well and not even once I felt it becoming stale as they keep implement new weapons and enemies.

The levels visuals are clean and help guiding you through the game, discovering shortcuts and finding the gifts hidden felt rewarding. The last set of levels are so open allowing you to make some sick skips.

The OST is a banger and I had it blasting through the whole time I spent with Neon White, also shoutout to the "Mission Complete" audio, it is so good!

If you like fast paced FPS games give it a try.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Looks great. At almost 10kg in weight, it's pretty much half the weight of the Technics SL-1210 at 18kg. Are they made of aluminium?
mostly plastic, but aluminium and methacrylate too. The turntable part is the heaviest one, but yes is the “pro” model materials are quite premium.

• Comfy
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Kvik

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
I heard about Ubisoft shutting down DLC's for some games, but...

apparently AC Liberation will straight up be unplayable for everyone?

Fuck these cunts

This means that you will be unable to >>
  • Play multiplayer game modes
  • Use online features
  • Access/install/play DLC
  • Access in-game Ubisoft Connect Rewards
  • Link Ubisoft accounts in-game
I don't own the game and I have never played it so bear in mind I will just be guessing my best but from what I can understand above, you will still be able to install/play the game just the DLC will be only feature you won't be able to install/play.

The DLC is this https://steamdb.info/app/260210/
--

A better link to understand what will be unavailable Decommissioning of online services (September 2022) | Ubisoft Help

Last edited:
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018

I don't own the game and I have never played it so bear in mind I will just be guessing my best but from what I can understand above, you will still be able to install/play the game just the DLC will be only feature you won't be able to install/play.

The DLC is this https://steamdb.info/app/260210/
--

A better link to understand what will be unavailable Decommissioning of online services (September 2022) | Ubisoft Help
But the stuff on that site you linked says the same about the other games like Far Cry 3 and Brotherhood, but those havent been delisted with the message that they will be entirely inaccessible.

It's confusing messaging for sure tho

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
But the stuff on that site you linked says the same about the other games like Far Cry 3 and Brotherhood, but those havent been delisted with the message that they will be entirely inaccessible.

It's confusing messaging for sure tho
Yeah, I agree with you on that, Ubisoft needs to work on a better wording on Assassin’s Creed® Liberation HD store page because as it is, it leaves the meaning open to interpretation like, people think they game will be removed from their library and/or it won't be available to play/install.

The message displayed on Assassin’s Creed® Brotherhood and Far Cry 3 matches with what you could expect from the official Ubisoft help page, meaning DLCs and online features will be unavailable starting at 1st September 2022.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
The Ubisoft link doesn't read like you won't be able to play the game if I am honest, looks like you can't download dlc. Am I reading this wrong?

Reactions: Tomasety

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
The Ubisoft link doesn't read like you won't be able to play the game if I am honest, looks like you can't download dlc. Am I reading this wrong?
It was up to Ubisoft to make things clear. They didn't, so it is fine to imagine worst case scenario.

Censored

I didn't delete that post!. Get my post back!.
Oct 8, 2021
Looks more like what happened when steam games that required windows live stop working. They don’t care anymore.
f.e. If you want to play delisted SEGA Virtua Tennis 4, it’s still in my library I can download it, you can make a workaoround downloading old windows live app, you can “play it” but I cannot save my progess cause you cannot log in to the service.

• Sad

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Looks more like what happened when steam games that required windows live stop working. They don’t care anymore.
f.e. If you want to play delisted SEGA Virtua Tennis 4, it’s still in my library I can download it, you can make a workaoround downloading old windows live app, you can “play it” but I cannot save my progess cause you cannot log in to the service.
You can at least use xliveless DLL XD

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hmm, honestly the insistance of Ubi to dig the wrong way is kinda impressive. They low key achieved to make me hostile toward their business. This capacity to choose the wrong path at every fucking opportunity boggles the mind.
Not even sure you can salvage this corpse of a company right now. Between the ‘company culture’ issues, the bean counters, the horrible game design decisions and laughable writing, it’s like why are you still operating again ?

Do they still run the worst company of the year ? Between Ubi and Activision, it will be fierce.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
I heard about Ubisoft shutting down DLC's for some games, but...

apparently AC Liberation will straight up be unplayable for everyone?

Fuck these cunts
Once again my paranoia for buying physical games over digital is justified. It shouldn't have to be of course.

Fucking cunts

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
The wonderful thing about PC gaming, you can always pirate these games :HappyKawakami:
Hmm, but if I have to pirate the game in order to be able to play it years down the line...
...why should I pay for it in the first place ? :coffee-blob:

And this by the way, is a giant step back for PC gamers. But if they want to play like that...

Arc

MetaMember
Sep 19, 2020

I can't say I'll never buy another Ubisoft game since the new Mario + Rabbids looks really good, but most of their games are mediocre enough that I can happily ignore them.

• Eyes

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Nice.. though tbh all i want from Hoyoverse is Zenless Zone Zero beta
I'm more interested in Star Rail then Zenless right now, I find the character designs more appealing.
Also, the animations :sweaty-blob:

Though I'm still very curious about Zenless.
But dang, Hoyo got their hooks in me. I'm interested in 4 of their games (2 current - Genshin and Honkai Impact, 2 upcoming - Zenless and Star Rail) :cold-sweat:
Am I right in feeling that they seem to have a "monopoly" on AAA 3D gacha games on PC (and console) right now? :thinking-face:

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Wouldn't save you here, as physical copies also require online activation.
Unless the activation with physical copies occurs before installation actually occurs in the setup, cracks likely exist to get around such an issue. Annoying for a legally purchased physical copy certainly, but an option.

• Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.