Community MetaSteam | July 2022 - Stray(t) out of Kowloon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
If you all need a new mouse. get a vertical mouse. like seriously.
rsi in the wrist sucks, prevent that from ever happening to you.
I use the MX Vertical, seems like its built like a brick and lasts 3 months per charge.
Would that let me pull sick headshots though

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Satori

Apr 5, 2022
Sweden
Would that let me pull sick headshots though
Yeah, I'm tempted to try one but the immediate thought is 'oh god not with a fps'.
Maybe I'm wrong.
Probably not ideal for twitch shooters as its a bit chunkier then a regular mouse
78.5mm (H) x 79mm (W) x 120mm (D) and has a total weight of 135g

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
If you all need a new mouse. get a vertical mouse. like seriously.
rsi in the wrist sucks, prevent that from ever happening to you.
I use the MX Vertical, seems like its built like a brick and lasts 3 months per charge.
I tried one and I just couldn't get it to feel natural. I move my mouse by moving my fingers more than my wrist, and a vertical mouse feels like you need to move it with your whole arm.

• Eyes

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
Vanillaware games runs perfect on Deck.
13 sentinels via yuzu (greatly localized, ryujinx does not get localized languages but yuzu does).
Wii's Muramasa with dolphin+HD texture pack runs perfect
PS3 Odin Sphere Leifthrasir runs perfect
PS3 Dragon's Crown runs perfect

I tried some nukiges and one of the work great with steam proton up.
But the other one didn't have audio on movies using steam compatibility so tried with lutris launcher and added a steam shortcut then movies had audio too.

At this point, one the few games I miss cause I'm not able to make it run the original steam/uplay version or even the pirate versión (tried both) is Tetris Unlimited, I think has something to do with administration permissions but I'm not sure. On windows versión the game makes you to give launcher app administrative privileges repeatedly,

Oh also tried PS3's Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 and Street Fighter 3 Online Edition (imho best SF3 version)

Both run perfect too. This machine is great for fighting games. I was scared for d-pad position but it surprised me.

Last edited:

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
Vanillaware games runs perfect on Deck.
13 sentinels via yuzu (greatly localized, ryujinx does not get localized languages but yuzu does).
Wii's Muramasa with dolphin+HD texture pack runs perfect
PS3 Odin Sphere Leifthrasir runs perfect
PS3 Dragon's Crown runs perfect

I tried some nukiges and one of the work great with steam proton up.
But the other one didn't have audio on movies using steam compatibility so tried with lutris launcher and added a steam shortcut then movies had audio too.

At this point, one the few games I miss cause I'm not able to make it run the original steam/uplay version or even the pirate versión (tried both) is Tetris Unlimited, I think has something to do with administration permissions but I'm not sure. On windows versión the game makes you to give launcher app administrative privileges repeatedly,

Oh also tried PS3's Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 and Street Fighter 3 Online Edition (imho best SF3 version)

Both run perfect too. This machine is great for fighting games. I was scared for d-pad position but it surprised me.
Oh! I forgot I need to play Dragon's Crown soon! I started it on Vita back in the day and never finished.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
today, I want to write about my biggest strength and fear: the concept of ambition

i would like to say i'm a fairly ambitious person at times; i rarely work as if i mean it because it's rarely required, but when i do really work, i work to match my standards; if a design project for designing a website is in a bad resolution ratio, i would use all night to remake all slides in 1920x1080 for all i care, even if it's the night before delivery date, just to match my standards, something i actually did
in that sense, ambition can work as a strength; it's a driving force to get people to do what's beyond expected, and i thought it was everything to it, but when my aunt came today, i realized ambition had more faces than one of strength

because of my grades, i would say i would get into most places; my plan was to get my Master's degree at the University of Oslo, just because it was closer to home, not once considering rankings or prestige, as I had thought the other master's degree I was considering had more of it than Oslo's
this wasn't told to brag, bur rather to follow up to the next point, as my aunt knew my grades, and asked me a question when she came here today: "why not study abroad?"

the face of fear within ambition takes form in losing yourself to temptation, gradually letting go of your own values all for the sake of, well, ambition; this question was the epitome of it, as i got tempted into looking into it, even just a small peek with my already established plan, until i saw

(i thought) i found out i could apply a world-class top university, ranked within the top 5 of all universities in the world

when i found out, i quickly put myself to action, seeing and imagining the pride and ambition, what i could become in comparison to if I went to Oslo, the grande scheme that I, of all people, would attend it, only checking if it was really possible lastly; even now, i'm not sure if it is or not, as the graphs and grade conversions are simply misleading and confusing, there is a chance i could, but there is a chance i can't, but by then, it was already too late, i had lost
my ambition lead me to forget about why I had planned to choose Oslo in the first place, why I chose Oslo over the assumed other university I thought had more "prestige", I forgot about family values and what I already had in store for me, just to pursue more, like a rat crawling to the top from his already well-established villa with endless food, i simply became blind to what existed in my world, and i even became blind to if it was possible

the fearful part of ambition is not being able to grab a hold of yourself again; i'm still considering both Oslo and this other university on equal measures, even though one throws away everything I stand for as a person for the sake of more, it's not a battle of rankings, but a battle of your heart; would you give it all away just for more power, or would you keep them, even if you were to sacrifice potential power?

to make it more video game related; it's not a battle of rankings, but a battle of what you want; would you bury it all and literally be vergil from dmc, or do you want to be kinda cool and hip + care about your family and be dante?

i really enjoyed writing this, so i'll be thinking about sending it as a reader post or something

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
LRB1983
What do you mean by ‘13 sentinels via yuzu (greatly localized, ryujinx does not get localized languages but yuzu does).’

Waking up, not fully functional yet.

LRB1983

🎥 アダルトビデオ
Oct 8, 2021
x.com
LRB1983
What do you mean by ‘13 sentinels via yuzu (greatly localized, ryujinx does not get localized languages but yuzu does).’

Waking up, not fully functional yet.
USA/Euro 13 sentinels is MULTI5 on Switch.
If you play it on ryujinx emulator you only get english (text). If you play it with yuzu emulator you get the language you said your system is.
Same ROM, both emulators with Spanish as system language:
Ryujinx:

Yuzu:

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
That is Life is Strange 2 done. Overall nice experience and i enjoyed playing it on Deck a lot (almost maxed out at 40FPS). But i must say that i liked LiS 1 more. LiS 2 had a lot more issues in my opinion and you move between characters too fast and in my opinion it has bit more story holes. Also separate Brotherhood and Morality systems are flawed and can lead to situations that have no sense. Also i didn't like any of the endings, game kinda doesn't have good ending no matter how hard you tried. So as i said i enjoyed that journey across the America and relationship between brothers but story kinda left me disappointed and i didn't bond with other characters anywhere close to those in LiS1 and Beyond the Storm.

Also by finishing LiS2 on Deck i officially finished more games on Deck than on PC this year (16 games finished on PC, 17 games finished on Deck since early May). So yeah i love SteamDeck a lot XD

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
Digimon Survive seems something special, I'm not sure I wanna play it now, I might wait until I have my summer holidays to bingeplay it and enjoy it to the fullest might pivot to BD2 in the meantime
I remember the gameplay mechanics are basically Slay the Spire. Excited to play it.
i'm so excited to go through a remake of it, I can’t wait to pop Aestus Domus Aurea with the music that starts playing.

Last edited:

sanhora

Baldr Sky
Dec 7, 2018
New Falcom President Interview Discusses Trails’ NPC Dialogue, Worldbuilding, PC Ports & Kuro no Kiseki’s Movies

Interviewer: By the way, the Trails series is mostly available on Steam, correct? What sort of response have you heard from overseas fans?

Kondo: I first thought overseas fans would pay more attention to the gameplay and system aspects rather than the story and its world. I was surprised, however, to find the same viewpoints as Japanese fans.

I once saw articles and other fans voice things such as “I like this character!” In that sense, the fanbase there isn’t much different from here in Japan. (laughs)

I had the impression that the so-called “JRPG” genre was shunned by people overseas until very recently. After the acceptance of Japanese anime and its subcultural content, the number of overseas JRPG fans increased exponentially. This has had a strong influence, and I believe they like our games in the same way Japanese fans do.

Interviewer: What do you think about the Japanese PC game market? It seems that the number of titles released on Steam by other companies is increasing by the day.

Kondo: We have [many] fans [in Japan] who play our games on PC via Steam, but it’s a very small number compared to the percentage of people overseas. The majority of user feedback [considering only Japan] also comes primarily from console players.

However, the number of PC game users has grown significantly over the past few years, so perhaps one day, we will return to the PC-centric approach [from when we developed Sky in 2004].

The PC player base is still a vital market we can’t ignore just because they are a minority. In every board meeting, the question of “how to expand to Steam” comes up almost every time.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I was planning on getting one of the new Ryzen 7000 CPUs when they come out, but now I see they're completely incompatible with DDR4 RAM? Dammit... That pushes what would have likely been a ~$600 upgrade into the $800 ballpark, and that's too much for me. Guess I'll make the switch back to Intel.

• This!
  • Sad
Reactions: Tomasety and Li Kao

Lashley

One more thing...
I was planning on getting one of the new Ryzen 7000 CPUs when they come out, but now I see they're completely incompatible with DDR4 RAM? Dammit... That pushes what would have likely been a ~$600 upgrade into the $800 ballpark, and that's too much for me. Guess I'll make the switch back to Intel.
Everything is too expensive and an arseache.

It's putting me off upgrading my PC and PC in general tbh

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Having a good time with Quantum Break. Game still holds up well visually and runs like a dream on my PC. Thanks again for the generous giveaway C-Dub.

I've also been playing Digital Devil Saga over the past few months. Already a few hours into the second game. Still love them as much as I did back in the day.

Sucks that there's still almost a full month left until Soul Hackers 2.

ZKenir

❀ Child of Raikou ❀
May 10, 2019
what's a good software to keep in sync save between pc and deck for games that don't support cloud saves? Possibly something with minimum fiddling

• Eyes
Status
Not open for further replies.