Community MetaSteam | July 2024 - Summer arrived to Dawntrail

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Can it even be done at the system level? Seems like something that would need to be implemented on each individual game.
Don't know how any of this stuff works tbh but all those Sony games are running on different engines right? So if Nixxes is able to do that there has to be some way for AMD/Valve to push it to their chips/displays.

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Can it even be done at the system level? Seems like something that would need to be implemented on each individual game.
It needs information to be provided in the rendering pipeline, motion vectors that tell the upscaler how pixel corresponds to 3D objects moving in screen space. Nothing that you could hope to implement in a game agnostic way

• This!
Reactions: Durante

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
The thing thats funny to me about some people freaking out about how much money theyve spent on steam over X amount of years (usually 10+) just try and think about how much you spend on usually shit like candy or socks or whatever and span it out over decades and oh wow it's thousands and thousands of dollars
Especially a hobby as expensive as gaming. Factor in hardware purchases and you're in for an awakening.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Two Muv-Luv bundles

OP
Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
this and it was already confirmed via both Valve and AMD that this isn't like FSR 1 system-wide implementation :(

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Man, Sakaguchi not wanting to put Lost Odyssey on modern platforms is understandable, but still a bummer. I guess I better look into Xenia and a copy of the game if I want to play it.

• Sad
Reactions: Ibuki and Cacher

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
The thing thats funny to me about some people freaking out about how much money theyve spent on steam over X amount of years (usually 10+) just try and think about how much you spend on usually shit like candy or socks or whatever and span it out over decades and oh wow it's thousands and thousands of dollars
I agree, i view my spend equalling so much fun had over those 20 odd years.
What would i do if i'd saved that money and had it now, i couldn't retire, it wouldn't make a dent in the mortgage and i'd have not played all those games. Gaming is my main hobby so thats where i spend my spare cash.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Its finally getting an english version! Glad that more people get to enjoy the game!
The game is already on Steam in Japan (not even region locked) and it seems to make a good amount of money there actually (not even including the mobile game). People do like the PC version since they don't have to use their phones and the PC version also has 4K support. And it's a shared account between PC and mobile.

So are they just adding English and that's it?

Gintaro

MetaMember
Feb 20, 2021
Malaysia
The game is already on Steam in Japan (not even region locked) and it seems to make a good amount of money there actually (not even including the mobile game). People do like the PC version since they don't have to use their phones and the PC version also has 4K support. And it's a shared account between PC and mobile.

So are they just adding English and that's it?
Personally I think English version will be separated as it is published by Yostar.

Where the current Steam version is directly handled by WFS and that only applies for the JP, TW and KR version

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Gotta say that key resellers are dropping the ball pretty hard for me this sale.
No, I don't want to save 1$ in exchange for a dubiously sourced key. That's not how it works.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
How do you region look a GOG game? I suppose it just won't let you buy it if it detects you accessing the store from the "wrong" country? Should be easy to get around via a VPN at least
Yeah, the link just bounces to the main page. I am not going to give them money if they don't make it convenient to do so. May just forget the game and move on ( the xbox360 copy still inside my closet anyway).

Reactions: lashman

FunnyJay