Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
definitely ... 100%

daaaaaaayum!

same

all Knurek wants is an audio cue when achievements are unlocked ;)
Special K also lets you change where the cheevo pop-up shows, takes a screenshot where you unlock one and gives you info on cheevo rarity (both global and friendlist).
But yea, sound bite on unlock is the main one.

Reactions: lashman

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
The developer of the Dungeon Dice Monsters (fan)remake hasn't posted anything in the last 15 Months. I suppose the project is dead.
Oh well, wish a commercial indiedev would pick up the idea and make a non-licensed version of it at some point.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
The developer of the Dungeon Dice Monsters (fan)remake hasn't posted anything in the last 15 Months. I suppose the project is dead.
Oh well, wish a commercial indiedev would pick up the idea and make a non-licensed version of it at some point.
RIP in pepperoni

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
I've played Final Fantasy IV, VII, X, X-2, XII, XIII, and XIII-2. The only ones I finished were VII and XIII. I would have finished X but my disc was damaged and the game crashed every time I got to a certain part near the end... but I was very close to finishing it(ie: I was on Sin).

My issue is that I keep trying to like JRPGs but I actually hate them.

Reactions: BlackRainbowFT

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
My issue is that I keep trying to like JRPGs but I actually hate them.
I don't hate JRPGs, but I don't really like how a lot of modern ones are seemingly nothing but either interactive shounen anime or ecchi. Granted you can say that most of cRPGs are high fantasy inspired by Tolkien as well, but at least they usually have more depth to both story and gameplay and far fewer in numbers.

Reactions: SRossi

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
I really dig that forum with its members but that revisionist history bs about ffxiii is so great can fuck off. It's crap. It was crap. It will never be something else than crap.

If you really think it's good I have to remember never to take your advice on games. Play some good games! Play some good final fantasies! And no, xv is not one of the good ones.

Reactions: Dandy and lashman

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
Man I really want to hop back into Kiwami 2, but....
....so after two weeks of leveling a Priest on WoW Classic which will be wiped anyways in 3 months' time, what finally broke my resurfaced addiction? Hacking my yet untouched Playstation Classic with the Bleemsync OTG update and then playing 6 hours straight of Front Mission 3.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
I really dig that forum with its members but that revisionist history bs about ffxiii is so great can fuck off. It's crap. It was crap. It will never be something else than crap.

If you really think it's good I have to remember never to take your advice on games. Play some good games! Play some good final fantasies! And no, xv is not one of the good ones.
FFXIII is good, though ...

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
It's a travesty we didn't get two best games in the Front Mission series (not officially at least)

Reactions: DeejayDoom

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
FF13 is fun :drinking-blob:
Which reminds me I got the best version on Xbox One X when it released. And that I don’t have an Xbox One X anymore. insert salty emoji
Come to think of it I wonder why the community never did something equivalent to what MS did. Maybe not rework the cinematics but at least put the ones from PS3 on the PC version.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
FFXIII is good, though ...

FF13 is a mediocre (at beast) game with an interesting combat system, which is about the only reason I go back to it from time to time. It's combat system is like comfort food.
I'll just be nice and say; stop being a lazy dork and play the other games :V

Reactions: lashman

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Yeah, I wouldn't call FF 13 anything close to great.
Looks and sounds fantastic though.

It's like a 6 with 13-2 and LR being 7.5s?
They're all interesting experiences in their own ways though.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I ended up disliking 13 quite a bit by the end, but 13-2 I actually liked.

Haven't played Lightning Returns too much yet.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
There's so much heresy in this thread I'm afraid we should request exterminatus.
if it's not as good then why is it the only one i finished, hmmm?!

CHECK MATE, ATHEISTS!!!

Becauae you are too much of a lazy arse to experie ce the other games and finish them.
Your ineptitude is something we've accepted to deal with, it's ok pats lashman on head like a poor puppy

Spamlynguist

I can never decide on an avatar
Dec 31, 2018
I've only played little bit of the FFIII remake on my DS, but never got too far into it.

I also have FFVII and FFXII but I have yet to play them...

Dec 5, 2018
I didn't dislike FFXIII but I didn't like it either. The game looked fine and the less micromanaged combat seemed and interesting idea. But that's all i really remember about the game.

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
AC Origins is CPU bound right? Because I set gfx options to highest and am only using like 50% of my GPU's VRAM but the FPS stays under 40 @_@

EDIT: Note to self, disbale FPS counter on Uplay next time.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I've played 1, 2, 10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2 and LR.
Finished all but 1, 10-2 and 12 out of those.
My favourite is 10 and I have a soft spot for 2 as well, I found the progression really interesting.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
cracks knuckles

SSS Rank: Tactics, XII, IX
SS Rank: VI
S Rank: IV(DS), VII, X
A Rank: III, III(DS), IV, VIII, XIV: Heavensward, Tactics: Advance, X-2
B Rank: I, Origins, V, XIV: Stormblood, World of Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Dungeon
C Rank: XIII, XIII-2, Lightning returns, XIV:2.0, Crystal Chronicles
D Rank: XV, IV: The After Years, 12: Revenant Wings, Type-0
:poop: Rank: II, 7: Dirge of Cerberus, All the Bravest, Brave Exvius

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Does anyone know a good Japanese adventure game (not VN or hybrid, pure adventure game)? I remember playing Glass Rose a couple of years ago, and while it's a terrible game, it has a distinctive feel to it that is very different from the Western made games. Would be interesting to try more of it.
If you have a (3)DS or Wii I'd recommend any of the games by Cing. On (3)DS, you could try Another Code/Trace Memory or Hotel Dusk. On Wii, there's Another Code R/Trace Memory R, the sequel to the DS game.

edit: oh lmao, Glass Rose was actually made by Cing. So perhaps you've played these already :p

Frecklestein

Tender, Violent and Queer.
Oct 23, 2018
Whats up, nerds. Possibly looking to update my 1050 laptop. What is a sizable boost for me at this point? pre-built if possible.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
cracks knuckles

B Rank: I, Origins, V, XIV: Stormblood, World of Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Dungeon

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
I guess I'm doing it wrong, I finished a game today. RUINER. I had a pretty bad initial experience with it, and it does have some fairly pointless quirks, but switching to a controller and just focusing on the main quest sorted it out. It's a solid game, I feel like it's a bit of polish away from a great one, but it nails the aesthetic something fierce.

I just bought Katana ZERO on sale (what's with these deadly action games and their capital letters?) so that'll probably be my next quick romp.
Yeah Ruiner is really good. That fast paced gameplay and soundtrack combination was really enjoyable. Quite the trippy ending as well. Reminded me a little of Hotline Miami but that one was in a league of its own!

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
If you have a (3)DS or Wii I'd recommend any of the games by Cing. On (3)DS, you could try Another Code/Trace Memory or Hotel Dusk. On Wii, there's Another Code R/Trace Memory R, the sequel to the DS game.

edit: oh lmao, Glass Rose was actually made by Cing. So perhaps you've played these already :p
Yeah, I've played Cing games on 3DS, I didn't mention them because I thought that they're more of hybrid type :)

I think I also should mention Shadow of Destiny which is quite decent if short,

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
cracks knuckles

Finally someone who understands that XII is top tier

Imo XIV Heavensward is easily S rank though.

Reactions: Ge0force

Taborcarn

Battle Santa
Feb 28, 2019
cracks knuckles

Quality list my friend

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Whats up, nerds. Possibly looking to update my 1050 laptop. What is a sizable boost for me at this point? pre-built if possible.
Laptop or pc? For laptips, the current rtx lappys dont offer much of a worthwheil umprovement so best to wait til 2020 for the new nvidia cards.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
cracks knuckles

Fuck yeah let's do this.

IX is too high in your list (atrocious pacing)

VI and IV are too low.
The former is a fantastic overall package, the latter has the best character progression in the series.

And I hate VIII with a passion.

Status
Not open for further replies.