Community MetaSteam | June 2019 - Microsoft does what Epican't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
I'm still trying to figure out the point of John Walker's piece in RPS...
Do you mean that Steam Top 10 or whatever? They do that every week. It's a CLICK HERE thing for them, I think mostly for the Steam Curator whatever. I don't know. John Walker makes it into a huge throwaway every week. I don't think it's funny at all, but then I kind of understand that the Steam top 10 is probably the most boring thing in the world to cover. How much can you say about GTA5 and the same other games that will stay there for months on end. I wish they'd just stop doing that feature at RPS. And damn, John, way to quit and stay.

Guilty of Being

META MAN
Dec 5, 2018
Texas
Do you mean that Steam Top 10 or whatever? They do that every week. It's a CLICK HERE thing for them, I think mostly for the Steam Curator whatever. I don't know. John Walker makes it into a huge throwaway every week. I don't think it's funny at all, but then I kind of understand that the Steam top 10 is probably the most boring thing in the world to cover. How much can you say about GTA5 and the same other games that will stay there for months on end. I wish they'd just stop doing that feature at RPS. And damn, John, way to quit and stay.
It was the “Worst Week” bullshit or whatever.
SHIT I FORGOT THIS WAS COMING
Really enjoyed the first but never finished.

Flips

Overwhelmingly Positive
May 12, 2019
I have like 12 mods. Biggest is autoloot (with menu to turn radius down), durability, and some others. I get this now:

Error [mod0000_mergedfiles]game\components\inventorycomponent.ws(1243): syntax error, unexpected TOKEN_VAR, near 'var'
Error [content0]game\gui\commonmainmenubase.ws(73): Could not find function 'GetChosenMainMenuType'
Error [content0]game\gui\main_menu\maincreditsmenu.ws(397): Could not find function 'GetChosenMainMenuType'

Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(30): Global native function 'EnableDebugOverlayFilter' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\environment.ws(32): Global native function 'EnableDebugPostProcess' was not exported from C++ code.
Warning [content0]engine\showflags.ws(11): Global native function 'DebugSetEShowFlag' was not exported from C++ code.
Are you using Script Merger?

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
It was the “Worst Week” bullshit or whatever.
Yeah they do that every week with the same "oh no, not the same steam charts again" attitude. The whole feature is pointless unfunny bullshit. RPS is alright but it used to be better.
Oh man, the campaign! That's what I'm doing tonight. Just in time, too - I bought Iron Marines (RTS from Kingdom Rush devs) and it's ... well it's a mobile RTS. I wish they just did another tower defense with a space marine theme. They are Billions is miles and miles better so let's get back to what works.

Reactions: Guilty of Being

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Humble Bundles are dead. Monthlies probably are more profitable for both Humble and participants.

Well, all bundles are dead. IG lives with cheap trash and occasional goodies. Groupees, are they still alive even?.
Fanatical very rarely has bundles worth a buy.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Humble Bundles are dead. Monthlies probably are more profitable for both Humble and participants.

Well, all bundles are dead. IG lives with cheap trash and occasional goodies. Groupees, are they still alive even?.
IG do have some good bundles, but that's rare. Groupees has almost take the crown from Indiegala of being the most trash. Fanatical still has some good bundles apart from their mystery bundles

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Fanatical frequently makes bundles with games on my wishlist so like im not complaining.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I haven't tried VR in a while. Has the hardware improved? I get wildly nauseous with the first Oculus.
I haven't tried it myself (but I'm tempted to next time I have money I don't want anymore :p) but from what I've read the new headset from Valve is much better in that regard. It sounds like VR headsets are still at the point where each different model has some noticeable pros and cons. Although, smartphones are also that way so I guess maybe it'll never go away.

Reactions: bbq of doom

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Third week with no Humble bundle :confounded-face:
Hamble Disappointment :confounded-face:

The story has been really picking up in Masquarada today. Lots of really interesting and impactful things happening. That world is so interesting.
Gameplay has been getting funner after I did some small tweaks to the AI skill use conditions and respecced. I tried some different skill combinations and found one that's been both effective and fun, so yay. (I chose Air at the beginning, and am now happily teleporting myself and enemies around the battlefiels, among other things.) And I got the ability to switch Masquerine's and equipped some for me and my party that have a bit more oomph then the default. Summoning a herd of wind horsers that gallop through your enemies is :coffee-blob:

BernardoOne

MetaMember
Oct 19, 2018

I disagree, Fanatical constantly has good bundles. They've been the new Humble for me for the last three years or so.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
1 game left to have cleared 52 this year~
:wd_p:

Indie pubs just don't see the benefit of bundles lately I guess.

Last edited:

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I just remembered the Borderlands 3 Epic exclusivity ends in April. So 2K is basically gonna go toe to toe with Cyberpunk that month on Steam. And you know CDPR gonna clean up big time.

Gearbox better be prepared to sell it at like 50%+ off with dlc included.

Could be one of those things 2K regrets. They could really wind up screwing themselves out of a lot of steam sales. Especially if Bl3 isn't like the greatest game ever.

Also Destiny 2 on Steam releases as F2P right around the time BL3 launches on EGS. Gonna be interesting to see how sales for it turn out. The shlooter competition should be spicy.

Exzyleph

Dark Eroge Lord
Oct 9, 2018
Indie pubs just don't see the benefit of bundles lately I guess.
I don't blame them.
Bundles have probably done more to devalue indie games than any number of Steam sales and it seems like you'll be getting pennies unless you are in a bundle with a bunch of high profile games.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I just remembered the Borderlands 3 Epic exclusivity ends in April. So 2K is basically gonna go toe to toe with Cyberpunk that month on Steam. And you know CDPR gonna clean up big time.

Could be one of those things 2K regrets. They could really wind up screwing themselves out of a lot of steam sales. Especially if Bl3 isn't like the greatest game ever.

Also Destiny 2 on Steam releases as F2P right around the time BL3 launches on EGS. Gonna be interesting to see how sales for it turn out. The shlooter competition should be spicy.
September is also super packed in general and that EGS deal isnt doing it any favors.

Reactions: Deleted member 113

bbq of doom

MetaMember
Nov 16, 2018

I feel like November '19 and March/April '20 are going to be bloodbaths.

Reactions: QFNS

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
What day are you? I gave up at 60...
It think I'm something like 85 now. I've had runs over 100 but yeah those didn't end nicely. I stay with something like 4 clones for the longest time, so everything takes a bit longer to do. Right now I really need to find oil but all time goes just for upkeep.XD

Good to know it's not just me :p

I enjoyed what I played, but yeah, the game gets a little to complex after a while. I'm actually kind of impressed of the amount the detail the simulation has (like dealing with gas density/pressure, temperatures, and so on) but it got a little overwhelming, and I still had a lot of the tech tree to research.

I will proabbly check it out from time to time and including the release update, buy they have to streamline some things for my dumb self to get further :p
Yeah I'm trying to figure out how to get oxygen, I have it good now but I have a feeling it's just a matter moments before it all goes to hell when I run out of algea.XD

There are some good guides on steam but just looking at them is like studying for a test.XD

Haha knew what it would be before even revealing it!:D

Reactions: lashman

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
It think I'm something like 85 now. I've had runs over 100 but yeah those didn't end nicely. I stay with something like 4 clones for the longest time, so everything takes a bit longer to do. Right now I really need to find oil but all time goes just for upkeep.XD
6 clones was the sweet spot for me after 30 days. Just be sure to grow enough food so they don't starve. I gave up when I needed refined metal to build exosuits. To do so, I had to cool the metal refinery, but the ice was located too far to reach without exosuit. There are probably other ways to cool the refinery, but I got tired of looking for it. It's a good game, but a huge time sink.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
6 clones was the sweet spot for me after 30 days. Just be sure to grow enough food so they don't starve. I gave up when I needed refined metal to build exosuits. To do so, I had to cool the metal refinery, but the ice was located too far to reach without exosuit. There are probably other ways to cool the refinery, but I got tired of looking for it. It's a good game, but a huge time sink.
You can cool the refinery with regular water! At least that's what I did for iron. But I need plastic and that seems like quite a process.

Reactions: Ge0force

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Dunno about November, but September will be packed as hell for me. I'll be picking between Ni No Kuni Remastered, GRID, Destiny 2, Spyro, Code Vein and Somnium Files. Definitely no space there for Phoenix Point or Borderlands.
Currently my list is
--------------------
Catherine Full Body (PS4)
Zelda Link's Awakening (Switch)
Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (already own everything else lmao)
Spyro PC
AI: Sominum Files
Trails of Cold Steel 3 (Might wait just in case it comes to PC)
Astral Chain (August 30th but im still counting it)
I'd buy MHW Iceborne too but its not coming to PC until Winter :(

Good thing my birthday is in September or my wallet would be crying at the thought of how much im planning on picking up lol.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
Currently my list is
--------------------
Catherine Full Body (PS4)
Zelda Link's Awakening (Switch)
Destiny 2 Shadowkeep (already own everything else lmao)
Spyro PC
AI: Sominum Files
Trails of Cold Steel 3 (Might wait just in case it comes to PC)
Astral Chain (August 30th but im still counting it)
I'd buy MHW Iceborne too but its not coming to PC until Winter :(

Good thing my birthday is in September or my wallet would be crying at the thought of how much im planning on picking up lol.
Yup, my birthday is also in September so I'm using that as an excuse to spend a bit more than usual. And you just reminded me of Cold Steel 3 - I want to wait until it comes to PC but if the day 1 release is well-made and all, dunno if I'll manage to hold until next year to maybe then hear news about a PC port.

Status
Not open for further replies.