Community MetaSteam | June 2019 - Microsoft does what Epican't

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Yep. Though as I understand in that chunk of error, one is really an error which would be the var. I moved it down as the var statement comes after the data. That made more errors and stuff.
TIL I own For the King.

My steam library frequently scares me
Shoot either of us a PM. If you want to that is.

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com
Steam Community :: Group :: Steam Trading Cards Group

Summer Sale 2019 Event
JUN 18 @ 8:34PM - AL
The Steam Summer sale is just around the corner! We're going to try something different with the event this year. While there will still be an event and rewards, we won't be featuring special trading cards, or any mysterious cards in the lead-up to the sale. Keep your eye out for more details when the sale launches, it should be a fun event.

Wildebeet

First Stage Hero
Dec 5, 2018
Finally tried out the Backbone demo tonight. This one was on the wrong end of my Kickstarter hiatus so I didn't back it, even though it looked interesting. Wish I did though, I'm liking this. It's a pixel art point and click detective mystery. Everybody in the world here is some sort of humanimal - you play a raccoon but I haven't been able to make him eat out of the trash yet so IDK. The noir style atmosphere is very cool, and you may be unsurprised to learn that it is night and raining during the demo.

Anyway, super chill game. Very simple, mostly a good sense of place. Takes probably about an hour or maybe even less. Soundtrack sounds like Bohren and Der Club of Gore but isn't but could be.

DeejayDoom

MetaMember
Nov 1, 2018
I actually saw some days ago a screen of a chat from someone with Alden and he was hinting this, but thought he was joking lol.

Kuro

"Oh yeah? Aren't you gonna punish me?"
Dec 22, 2018
When was the new UI beta coming again? I thought it was "week" like few weeks ago.

MJunioR

MetaMember
Mar 13, 2019
When was the new UI beta coming again? I thought it was "week" like few weeks ago.
Valve said it is coming down the Summer, a few days ago they asked devs to send the needed capsule images to fill in the new design as the public beta would be available in the 'upcoming weeks'.

Edit: Found the latest mention regarding it from Valve, Steam Community :: Group :: Steamworks Development

We are weeks away from the public beta of this new feature set; now is the time to start uploading new assets for your updated library presence

Reactions: PossiblyPudding

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
So I just realized something when looking at the Battle Pass page. Artifact is not much different.

Valve has also completely abandoned regional pricing. It's no wonder if the other publishers are moving away from Valve's proposed regional pricing policy, if Valve themselve aren't abiding their own regulation. :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Reactions: Guilty of Being

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.

FunnyJay

Powered by the Cloud
Apr 6, 2019
Sweden
There are some nice discounts on the Watch_Dogs franchise on Humble, but it's UPlay "keys"....
I was planning on getting WD2 during the Steam Summer Sale.... I wonder if the prices will be the same during that sale....

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
The stea. Top sellers blog post went up on the 24th of may or around that time
Unless theyre putting it up later this week id go up before the summer sale.

I have been hacking my PsVita yesterday, rolling back to 3.60 and installing a custom firmware. I have to say it's a remarkable experience playing Super Mario Land and Metroid on a Playstation handheld. :p
U are almost making me do that just so i can experience these games on dat delicous oled.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Breh majority of platinum games are releasing on switch; they drinkin that switch kool aid.
I don't think that's the issue here. AFAIK he included the Switch in his statement. Personally, I read it as a Japanese programming nerd lamenting the fact that console hardware aren't custom built anymore, and thus are indeed more of the same.
I can kind of understand. I also don't really give a shit about it and respect his opinion. And finally the reaction thread is sad, but it was unfortunately to be expected.

I have been hacking my PsVita yesterday, rolling back to 3.60 and installing a custom firmware. I have to say it's a remarkable experience playing Super Mario Land and Metroid on a Playstation handheld. :p
Unfortunately the last time I looked into emulation on Vita, the hardware was too weak to support crt-shaders, or there was really really few don't remember exactly. Not exactly the end of the world, but coupled with the fact that the Vita was supposed to be less suited for emulation than the new 3ds made me give up.

Last edited:

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
On one hand, I've been waiting to craft badges for the card drops during the sale, but on the other this means a higher price for the gems (finally!) and maybe even a discount with a certain amount of tokens like last time... :thinking-face:

Reactions: Deleted member 113

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Well I had some little hope that PS3 emulation might work correctly on my new ryzen 2600x, but unfortunately, t'was not to be.
Brief fps drops, shader caching still a very annoying thing, unknown errors that must be because I'm dumb etc.
Not looking forward to plugging my old PS3 on the 4K set :loudly-crying-face:

Spookyfriend

Jan 27, 2019
I will not be pre-ordering anything , but hope that there will be discounts for games that are not going to be on discount by the developer like Rimworld

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Sadly God Wars does not support an arbitrary resolution. The resolution options are limited up to 1o80p. It's a Unity game, so there's a good chance you'll run into framepacing issues until you run it in exclusive fullscreen mode. Secondly, the controller glyphs never appear for me even though my controller is fully functional (DS4). I'll try again later with my Steam Controller.

No English dub for the voice acting and the graphics options are practically non-existent, but it runs quite well after a little bit of tinkering.

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
What would they give if one bought a few thousand games, on top of that 500+ games? :grimacing-face:

Just asking for a friend.
That "friend" is me. But it could be many of the users in this forum, right lashman ? ;)
Yeah, ideally they'd give one free game per every 500 you bought. I just don't remember what was the last game they were giving away (A story of my uncle?), even GOG does it more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.