Community MetaSteam | June 2019 - Microsoft does what Epican't

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
So we need to stop bugging Sega for a remake or sequel and bug Microsoft instead maybe?
pretty much, yeah :p

also, you know ....

wwm0nkey said:
They just did an interview / QA with some of the new studios, the question got brought up about bringing back old MS IPs, to which pretty much all of them said it was a balancing act, but seems like MS does have plans for a few IP revivals from what Matt Booty said, he also did say any of their new studios are free to look at an IP and ask to make something with it.

I am pretty happy with this as there are quite a few IP that are just sitting there, like Shadowrun, Phantom Dust, Blinx (Double Fine reboot plz), and an absolute mountain of Rare IP. Studios are also allowed to work on games together too, no restrictions on teaming up.

SRossi

regretten? rien!
Dec 9, 2018
Nvidia added music support to the Quake 2 RTX port, yay!
Quake II RTX supports music playback from OGG files, if they can be located. To enable music playback, copy the CD tracks into a music folder either next to the executable, or inside the game directory, such as baseq2/music. The files should use one of these two naming schemes:

• music/02.ogg for music copied directly from a game CD;
  • music/Track02.ogg for music from the version of Quake II downloaded from GOG.
In the game, music playback is enabled when console variable ogg_enable is set to 1. Music volume is controlled by console varaible ogg_volume. Playback controls, such as selecting the track or putting it on pause, are available through the ogg command.

Music playback support is using code adapted from the Yamagi Quake 2 engine.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Is Augmented Steam the reason why I get this kind of embedded content on store pages?
yes :p well, i mean - the search is automated ... you can't really expect them to hand-pick videos for every single game, lol ;)

but at least you can turn it off

dfghstrbght

May 10, 2019

Cygames producer for GBF versus:

J: Back when Granblue Fantasy Versus was first revealed, Tetsuya Fukuhara said that Cygames was interested potentially porting the game to PCfollowing the PS4 version. Can you give us any updates on that, is that version something you’re still interested in doing?
TY: Nothing is set in stone and I cannot really say. Definitely at this point, as I just mentioned with regard to the last question, it’s important for us to have as many people as possible enjoy the game and get introduced to the franchise. Going by that logic you know what that means (stay tuned).

Reactions: γ€ŒEcho」

BernardoOne

MetaMember
Oct 19, 2018
It's worth mentioning that publishing contracts do sometimes include temporary ownership of IP as well. For all we know, the IP might have reverted already to Obsidian (and so Microsoft) as soon as the publishing contract was up.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I did not expect Masquerada to have a quite impactful and well-handled plotline about a homosexual relationship in a society that does not accept that.
I'm not sure when exactly it happened, but this game sure has pulled me in hard a while ago. I'll be done with it tomorrow at this rate.

Unless it completey botches the ending (which I can't really see happening at this point), I wholly recommend this game if you're looking for something with really good writing (I'm playing with the german localization, which is excellent), story, world and characters and alright gameplay.

FunnyJay