Dec 21, 2018
looks at greymarket sales

WELP FUCK ALL THAT THEN

Gonna have to bite the bullet and buy it on Steam during the summer sale

Reactions: MJunioR

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
So, I put a few hours into FFXIV last night and today and I've been enjoying it enough. No idea if I'll stick with it long-term but so far the story does seem interesting enough to keep playing. I do have a few questions, though. And since some of you mentioned having played a bunch, I figured I might as well ask here.

I'm playing on a trial account for now but I have Steam copies of A Realm Reborn and Heavensward to activate once I hit lvl 35 (and will likely get Stormblood in the summer sale if I'm still enjoying it a week from now). I know you don't need alts since you can just level up all the classes on the same character but is there any benefit to doing so? Like, are there some base stats that improve with each level up so that a multiclass character is inherently stronger than a single class character? Or should I just get my Lancer to level 35 ASAP and activate my free month to keep going? I'm curious since last time I played you had to level a secondary class to unlock your job (in my case, Marauder for Dragoon) but that requirement has apparently since been removed. So, is there any point now?

Also, everything I've read says to just focus on Main Story Quests and ignore the tons of side-quests but is that also true for professions? I messed around with leatherworking a little bit today. Is that a waste of time or will I get better gear through crafting?

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
Sadly God Wars does not support an arbitrary resolution. The resolution options are limited up to 1o80p. It's a Unity game, so there's a good chance you'll run into framepacing issues until you run it in exclusive fullscreen mode. Secondly, the controller glyphs never appear for me even though my controller is fully functional (DS4). I'll try again later with my Steam Controller.

No English dub for the voice acting and the graphics options are practically non-existent, but it runs quite well after a little bit of tinkering.
Nooooo. :face-with-cold-sweat:

Fullscreen exclusive doesn't bug me too much, but there isn't even an .ini to try boosting resolution that way? o_O Ugh.

Might be another case where I end up grateful my PC is hooked up to TV. 1080p upscaled on a 4K TV doesn't really look too bad, but damn, it's not preferable!

nooooooooooooooooooo 😭
Gonna be kicking myself for not getting this. Even after it was on sale so many times, I always said "meh I had my fill with 360/PS3 version..." Of course now that it is gone is when I miss it ! orz

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
So, I put a few hours into FFXIV last night and today and I've been enjoying it enough. No idea if I'll stick with it long-term but so far the story does seem interesting enough to keep playing. I do have a few questions, though. And since some of you mentioned having played a bunch, I figured I might as well ask here.

I'm playing on a trial account for now but I have Steam copies of A Realm Reborn and Heavensward to activate once I hit lvl 35 (and will likely get Stormblood in the summer sale if I'm still enjoying it a week from now). I know you don't need alts since you can just level up all the classes on the same character but is there any benefit to doing so? Like, are there some base stats that improve with each level up so that a multiclass character is inherently stronger than a single class character? Or should I just get my Lancer to level 35 ASAP and activate my free month to keep going? I'm curious since last time I played you had to level a secondary class to unlock your job (in my case, Marauder for Dragoon) but that requirement has apparently since been removed. So, is there any point now?

Also, everything I've read says to just focus on Main Story Quests and ignore the tons of side-quests but is that also true for professions? I messed around with leatherworking a little bit today. Is that a waste of time or will I get better gear through crafting?
Regarding multiclassing...

You can level up all the classes, but you don't have to. You simply need to determine your main class(es) for endgame, and you build your other classes around it. The key here is that the cross-class skills that you can gain and use to your main class' benefits. For example, by leveling up the gladiator class, you can use its skills as a lancer. However, there's only select skills that's available for cross skills, and you probably don't need all the skills. So you only need to level up the other class up to certain levels, depending on the useful cross skills that you might need.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Gonna be kicking myself for not getting this. Even after it was on sale so many times, I always said "meh I had my fill with 360/PS3 version..." Of course now that it is gone is when I miss it ! orz

you're welcome :)

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Regarding multiclassing...

You can level up all the classes, but you don't have to. You simply need to determine your main class(es) for endgame, and you build your other classes around it. The key here is that the cross-class skills that you can gain and use to your main class' benefits. For example, by leveling up the gladiator class, you can use its skills as a lancer. However, there's only select skills that's available for cross skills, and you probably don't need all the skills. So you only need to level up the other class up to certain levels, depending on the useful cross skills that you might need.
Thanks for the answer! So that role action thing I unlocked earlier is a cross skill then? The game didn't really say anything about it and google is giving me conflicting info. According to this reddit post, cross-class skills were removed with the Stormblood update (along with the second class job requirement, I think?). Is it possible your info is outdated or am I getting two different things mixed up?

Man, these constantly-evolving online games can be such a pain in the ass to figure out. It's like Warframe all over again lol. :expressionless-face:

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Thanks for the answer! So that role action thing I unlocked earlier is a cross skill then? The game didn't really say anything about it and google is giving me conflicting info. According to this reddit post, cross-class skills were removed with the Stormblood update (along with the second class job requirement, I think?). Is it possible your info is outdated or am I getting two different things mixed up?

Man, these constantly-evolving online games can be such a pain in the ass to figure out. It's like Warframe all over again lol. :expressionless-face:
Yeah, my info is probably outdated. I never made a new character anymore so I've always had the skills available on my characters.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Yeah, my info is probably outdated. I never made a new character anymore so I've always had the skills available on my characters.
Alright, sounds like that simplifies things for me then. I'll just focus on leveling my chosen class.

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
Continuing through my TW3 playthrough. Maybe because in base game but the quests succckkkkkk. As in boring. Then forced to play Gwent. Well not forced but kind of have to do them. Also doesn't help I am running around Novigrad too.

Reactions: Guilty of Being

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Continuing through my TW3 playthrough. Maybe because in base game but the quests succckkkkkk. As in boring. Then forced to play Gwent. Well not forced but kind of have to do them. Also doesn't help I am running around Novigrad too.
You should really put it down until you're more in the mood for playing this kind of games. Forcing yourself through huge open-world games is unbearable.

ZKenir

MetaMember
May 10, 2019
No time for Gwent

I hated Gwent immediatly, that mod let you skip it supposedly, otherwise if you prefer there's a cheat engine table with an "always win Gwent" option, which is what I used back then.
The mod adds a bit of an explanation as to why you're cheating your way to victory though, since you're supposedly using Axii

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Eferis

MetaMember
Nov 12, 2018
Bought it and played about an hour. Average game, the base title has just a bunch of meh songs with barely any rhythm and you have to play them many times even if you hit all the notes in order to unlock more tracks. A gazillion songs are locked behind the expensive DLC, as expected, and stages, while nice looking, are just 2 or 3, repeated over and over.

Won't ask for a refund since it's very cheap.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Posted already nvm

Edit: this wasn’t posted yet, we’re getting more MAGES stuff

Damn it, I just checked on VNDB and Mages wasn't involved in any version of Chaos;Head :loudly-crying-face:
First time playing the game ? It's a hallmark for many reasons, but the main plot writing is shit. It's basically where's Waldo :coffee-blob:

ZKenir

MetaMember
May 10, 2019
Damn it, I just checked on VNDB and Mages wasn't involved in any version of Chaos;Head :loudly-crying-face:

First time playing the game ? It's a hallmark for many reasons, but the main plot writing is shit. It's basically where's Waldo :coffee-blob:
5pb. Games was merged into MAGES with other companies.

I don't think it's C;H Noah, probably R;N + something else.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
5pb. Games was merged into MAGES with other companies.

I don't think it's C;H Noah, probably R;N + something else.
Occultic;Nine ? Or was it announced by someone ?
R;N is probable yeah. Its translation has been brewing in the air for some time.

Reactions: Guilty of Being

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Fullscreen exclusive doesn't bug me too much, but there isn't even an .ini to try boosting resolution that way? o_O Ugh.
You can try the command line flag

-screen-width 3840 -screen-height 2160

At least it has unlocked framerate, and I'll have to make do with stretched scaling, I guess. I mentioned the resolution issue in the Bug Report thread on Steam community forum, fwiw.

Dandy

Bad at Games.
Apr 17, 2019
According the TechRaptor, publishing rights for Alpha Protocol reverted to Obisidian. So that means it will probably show back up on Steam at some point, and that they could make a sequel if they wanted.

Reactions: lashman and Durante
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Well, I guess even if we are going to get AP2, it will be under a different name :cryingwhyblob: But I won't stop bugging people about it, especially since Obsidian is under MS wing and allowed to do anything they want, and I KNOW they want to see it happening as well as I do.
imagine AP2 ... but Perfect Dark

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Don't know if this is banned here. Will delete if it's the case:
That description though:

SENRAN KAGURA Reflexions is a game starring female ninjas that contains partial nudity, sexual themes, some strong language, and descriptions of violence. Players massage the bodies of women in various states of undress using different tools, and, in one mode, players are able to freely touch the characters.

Nothing is banned here.
If this community is a nanny state, I would've left a long time ago. :wd_smile:

Wrong forum(s), its been ESRB rated anyway.
Purple eggplant doesn't care about ESRB, only their own agendas. :wd_p:

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
I'm probably getting permed on Era for this: Total War subreddit explodes in drama after Moderators take down "sexy mods" for Three Kingdoms, under a new policy by CA

Literally my stance is that the mods existence is fine, the real problem is with people dogpiling the community manager and trying to tell her how to feel.

Now apparently I am a sexist troll though, because I don't find the Three Kingdoms mods offensive? :rolleyes:

... but I mean, I've been on the shitlist for a while and mods were looking for an excuse to perm me ever since the last PC-Era blowup. I'm gonna miss the FGO/Gacha community. I guess that's about it. :face-with-cold-sweat:

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
... but I mean, I've been on the shitlist for a while and mods were looking for an excuse to perm me ever since the last PC-Era blowup. I'm gonna miss the FGO/Gacha community. I guess that's about it. :face-with-cold-sweat:
Aren't those all in the process of being shut down anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.