Community MetaSteam | June 2020 - Month Of The Seal, With Many A Deal, Throw Money With Zeal, The Wallet Will Kneel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganado

¡Detrás de tí, imbécil!
Nov 6, 2018
The Bioshock remasters are broken pieces of junk. On top of changing a lot of things, and not for the better.
Play the originals if you can.
Gotta say though, the original Bioshock 2 is very crash prone on my PC. The DLC is almost unplayable due to crashes.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
So AER Memories of Old is pretty great and only 3 bucks right now. Between the sensation of flight and the relaxing, uplifting (hah) atmosphere of the game, I've found my new happy place for a few hours.

I'm not sure if I'd recommend it because of the few bugs I've had and the fact I haven't gotten far into the game yet, but at that price it's hard to get really burned.

Reactions: lashman

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
So AER Memories of Old is pretty great and only 3 bucks right now. Between the sensation of flight and the relaxing, uplifting (hah) atmosphere of the game, I've found my new happy place for a few hours.

I'm not sure if I'd recommend it because of the few bugs I've had and the fact I haven't gotten far into the game yet, but at that price it's hard to get really burned.
My incredibly in depth review of AER 😛

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
It's somewhat weird to thing about. I have a high-end PC, but the majority of games I play these days could probably be played on a PC for about half the price or less of what I payed for mine.

Still, it's always good to have a PC ready whenever a new game that requires some beefy hardware comes out.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Yeah, I find most of my PC gaming doesn't make good use of the hardware I have. But that's no bad thing, as I know for sure I'm getting the absolute best performance out of the games I do play.

But when I make my new build sometime in 2021/2022, I'll be converting my current PC (sans GPU) into an Unraid fileserver for Plex and what have you. I may run Windows in a VM on it and use it for some of the really low-spec games, streaming them to the Steam Link or Moonlight app, depending on what I'm using at that point. Seems kind of wasteful to turn my gaming PC on just to stream a visual novel to my tablet. 😅

• Toucan
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD and ISee

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
How's dragon quest builders 2? I see they talk about similarities with Harvest Moon too, do you grow / eat stuff?
Its a pretty good game and if you want later on I can share some screenshots of stuff that I have built on my island. It can be pretty fun and there are some people that go all out with the game.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
It's somewhat weird to thing about. I have a high-end PC, but the majority of games I play these days could probably be played on a PC for about half the price or less of what I payed for mine.

Still, it's always good to have a PC ready whenever a new game that requires some beefy hardware comes out.
My PC is old but fortunately I've been playing games that don't require a great rig. Stuff like jrpgs, Yakuza or (the last one I finished) Life is Strange BTS. I'm just glad that it was enough to play the RE remakes with mostly high settings, even if it was at 30fps.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

MegaApple

Just another Video Game Enthusiast
Sep 20, 2018
If I buy 1 cart of games on Steam, will I get 1 Summer Sale card or amount of money spent on that cart? 🤔

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
There are so many different, specific niche games out there that those big triple A games are becoming increasingly irrelevant for me too.
But I played on low spec, old machines for most of my life. Always combating settings, making lots of compromises, occasionaly setting things to very high / ultra just to get a look at the improved draw distance, shadows etc. I'm kind enjoying having a high-end gaming machine for once.

Last edited:

beep boop

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
There are so many different, specific niche games out there that those big triple A games are becoming increasingly irrelevant for me too.
But I played on low spec, old machines for most of my life. Always combating settings, making lots of compromises, occasionaly setting things to very high / ultra just to get a look at the improved draw distance, shadows etc. I'm kind enjoying having a high-end gaming machine for once.
Yeah, I’ve come to appreciate the broad selection of games on PC as much as being able to run things at high fidelity and frame rates. You just can’t find a lot of these games elsewhere.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I hear what you are saying about PCs, but remember that we're at the end of a gen that was severely underpowered when it first launched.

Reactions: ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I hear what you are saying about PCs, but remember that we're at the end of a gen that was severely underpowered when it first launched.
All true. But I would rather have a low end gaming PC, that is able to run my 4x, strategy and building games, while playing FPS with kb&m than just owning a modern console. That was the kind of setup I had for most of my life.

Reactions: Swenhir

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018

Follow my curator for more great game recommendations!

Lithium City is a wonderfully atmospheric isometric twin stick action game. You play as a female warrior working her way higher and higher up in the city towards a final battle.

The game utilises guns,melee and thrown weapons and at times you will need all three. All will need to be used and due to the scarcity of ammunition you will frequently have to change weapons on the fly. Shooting is tight and easy and the various guns have the weight you’d expect. Even when everything feels far too hectic you can usually get back on top with judicious weapon use and occasionally running away! The controls are simple shoot/stab/punch with one button and dash with another, that’s it. Though the dash can be a little imprecise at times.

The world has a beautiful glass-like aesthetic. Everything is partially or fully translucent and everything, including enemies, shatter into a million pieces when killed. This leads to a marvellous neon world where light leaks into every corner and everything is visible and the shattered glass carnage after a battle is a sight to behold. This is matched to a lovely original electronic soundtrack that leans more to the ambient side than a pumping one.

Encounters and levels vary from office spaces, to a whole level in a train carriage to exposed walkways high up in the city. At times you’ll need to sneak around and pick people off one at a time and at others it’s back to the wall firing every weapon in your arsenal. The automatic checkpoint system can be a little sparse sometimes requiring you to backtrack a little too far. While there is no upgrade system. difficulty and the demand on your skill does ramp up quite seriously towards the end, there is a long, maybe a little too long, section near that end where you have to very precisely position your character to avoid gun fire and the final boss is a pretty serious challenge. The game never feels unfair but a better dash would have helped.

All in all, Lithium City is a fantastic addition to the cyberpunk genre and with its unique look, it will long stay in the memory.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
All true. But I would rather have a low end gaming PC, that is able to run my 4x, strategy and building games, while playing FPS with kb&m than just owning a modern console. That was the kind of setup I had for most of my life.
Well, to me it's not one at the exclusion of the other but kb&m is pretty much my preferred input method no matter what, short of specialized stuff like flight sticks. Even in 3rd-person games, if the camera is well implemented, it's by far the way I prefer to play them.

Reactions: ISee

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
It's one of those times when a mod really made you want to go back to a game.

No kidding. Looking at those screenshots I feel like going back to it as well, even though I haven't gone to it in the first place yet 😆

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Unrelated to anything:

I hate how on Steam when you click on a developer for a game, you always get one of the publisher pages. I guess since the publisher controls these displays, they don't want you clicking a link and just seeing the games the ACTUAL FUCKING DEVELOPER made, but as I user I want to know!

It's really shitty, and I'd love it if Steam, and other platforms, enforced displaying the actual developer company name instead of a bunch of different developers under an umbrella controlled by the publisher.

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
OK, so I thought you had to buy each level of the points badge consecutively, until I for some reason just clicked the level 20 badge and it unlocked.
:steam_pig_deadpan:

So many points wasted

Edit: NVM, it still worked out at 1000 points per level.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Unrelated to anything:

I hate how on Steam when you click on a developer for a game, you always get one of the publisher pages. I guess since the publisher controls these displays, they don't want you clicking a link and just seeing the games the ACTUAL FUCKING DEVELOPER made, but as I user I want to know!

It's really shitty, and I'd love it if Steam, and other platforms, enforced displaying the actual developer company name instead of a bunch of different developers under an umbrella controlled by the publisher.
Yeah, that's the one thing about the publisher/developer page I dislike as well.
Thankfully there's a fix though: The Augmented Steam extension.

With it clicking on the name will get you to the old search and it adds the developer/publisher page as a separate link.

Example:

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
You know, I'm replaying HL2 right now and I understood one thing, modern gaming got so linear that I had troubles to navigate some of the maps in the Ravenholm, something I never had problems with before, and HL2 isn't exactly super non-linear itself, it just has a great hand crafted level design.

The other thing is, I don't think I've played AAA as diverse as HL2 ever since, the game constantly throws you into unique situations, it simply never gets to a point where it's a chore to play.

And the final thing, zombies wailing in pain is probably the scariest (and saddest) piece of sound design.

I wish Valve would remake it in Source 2, I don't think it needs much changes to the overall formula (maybe cut a boat part a bit) since it holds up damn well, but graphics obviously could use some refreshments.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I caved and bought some gems for 0.34€/sack, so that my gems are marketable before the end of the summer sales.

I guess I have just traded with some gem farming bots. :ninja:
Both sellers are level 7, have a private profile, and have 3 badges, including the same level-1 anime badge. :thinking:

Unrelated, I have yet to decide which games to purchase for 30 €. I might wait for the release of the next Choice bundle next Friday to make up my mind.

Last edited:

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Wok So does that mean i can make a character with a 1970s epic bush and then walk around with no trousers and pants on? RetroClassy.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
OMG YES. My favorite VN series is back! Localization or not, give them to me!

YourFriendMaynard

The flame is it's own reflection
Dec 21, 2018
Can someone poast a link to the two console ports of doom getting a steam port? does anyone know what Im talking about?

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
If you are from South America check this deals! 2x1 In 3 categories, some interesting games.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I was able to pick up DQ XI S, Pocketmonster Katana, and Zelda's Slumber for just under $120USD!!!! so that is $40 each. Not bad. I wanted to get some other games but you could not order the pre-owed copies online.

I think that is where my summer sale money went.

I really should clear up my Steam wishlist and it would be cool if there were multiple wishlist since it would help customers and devs.

This system is fucking amazing, seriously, it really encourages me to keep reviewing games. :cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob:

Use the points, to buy wallpapers and sell said wallpapers and profit. Use that profit to then buy games.

Yeah, that's the one thing about the publisher/developer page I dislike as well.
Thankfully there's a fix though: The Augmented Steam extension.

With it clicking on the name will get you to the old search and it adds the developer/publisher page as a separate link.

Example:
I think that some do this actually but it all depends on if the publisher is okay with it and if the dev even has a page up to begin with.

Take Fromsoft, I think they could set up a page and have stuff directed their but yet they do not. For Ninja Blade it just shows you the old search and it doesn't show you FS. With Sekiro it's sort of the same, so not even Activision has claimed that game it would seem. To be fair I guess that Activision doesn't really care much about Steam and that is why they don't have a publisher page. Yet COD seems to have a franchise page.

weird stuff.

Isn't Black Ops 1 going to get a remaster for it's 10th year anniversary? it's crazy how it's already been a decade since that game came out. Even though it has never been cheaper than $20USD on PC?? I think I am going to buy it. Outside of DS COD games (yes I would play COD games on the NDS) I never purchased COD games on console or PC.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD
Status
Not open for further replies.