Community MetaSteam | June 2020 - Month Of The Seal, With Many A Deal, Throw Money With Zeal, The Wallet Will Kneel

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Im getting increasingly interested in getting Sea of Thieves, but Im busy with other games and Satisfactory is on monday, but I still really want it goddammit.

I played it 2-3 years ago and despite the lack of content, it was pretty fun.

Steam seems to have given a big boost too, the game servers are also down.

I have the money, but not the time.

Also gonna delay my EA purchases until the summer sale starts.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Really weird for EA to just dump so many games at once on the Steam store. They should have done a slow drip feed type of thing over the past 6 months. I think they would have done better in terms of getting eyes on the games and dragging out the nostalgia etc.

All that is really missing now is Dead Space 3, Mass Effect 3, Titanfall and Battlefield/front games. I wonder if EA puts out the new FIFA and Madden on Steam this fall. Will be big if they can.

Steam top sellers this past few weeks have been Microsoft and EA games. Also Horizon and Death Stranding coming next month.

Bizarro 2020 continues. What a fucking crazy year.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Is it....real ?

Like, I know some people just troll for fun but are they actually being serious or what ? Wario64 is pretty reliable...

I'm not sure I can believe it.

Reactions: lashman

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
Sweeney is about to scoop up that 1 month timed exclusivity deal for Bloodborne. 😛

Also if Bloodborne really does happen then its almost guaranteed Demon Souls remake is happening as well.

PS5 and PC at same time. or maybe PC about 6 months later similar to Death Stranding.

Reactions: PC-tan

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
too much for a simple rumour imo.
just now a mod on era confirmed it too
Hard to say if they are being facetious.

I mean it would make a lot of sense for Sony to do that since Bloodborne is by far the most desired PS4 game.

Not for me sadly.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
I can only wonder how many months will pass before it's officially announced.
If true, Sony's finally going in.

Surely they won't stop at two games either....

My dream would be a God of War or Spider-Man on PC. I can dream I guess.

Reactions: ISee and lashman

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
If the game is EGS exclusive even for a few days the internet will collapse into a black hole.

• Toucan
Reactions: ISee

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
It would take a special level of customer hatred to make Bloodborne an EGS exclusive. I waited all this time to play the game, I can wait another year. But seriously, fuck that kind of move.
I don't think it will anyway. Remember Horizon ? It does not even have a EGS page.

What I think would be interesting is PSN integration. Sony's got to be playing the ecosystem game at some point not unlike Microsoft.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Pretty sure that was the rumor floating around, Horizon would come to PC (before it was announced)
with Bloodborne being announced for PS5 and PC and Demon Souls Remake for PS5 at the Sony event,
with other PS4 titles like GoW later on. I think I read there was a huge title that would shock people (my thinking last of us 2 later on).
Anyway might still be a load of crap but always nice to imagine.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
I just finished replaying the Dark Souls trilogy, but I guess I'm not quite done with From yet. :jj_sweet:

I didn't enjoy Bloodborne nearly as much as the rest of From's modern stuff, but maybe a better framerate will help with that. Bloodborne on PS4 with those sweet launch-day load times was... uh... rough.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I don't know about the suicide watch thing. I also find it strange how despite people praising Bloodborne a lot it did not sell nearly as well as the other AAA Sony western titles. I think Days Gone was not that well recieved overall (still a decent game though?) but that might have sold more than Bloodborne?

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
For me Bloodborne is definitely somewhere in the middle of the * Souls in terms of quality and enjoyment. I did finish it on PS4 so I'd probably only buy it at a good discount unless they do some big enhancements besides boosting the framerate (and yeah better not even joke about a 30fps lock, and it'll probably be no-buy if even 60Hz locked)

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
If I wake up tommorrow and Bloodborne is announced for PC, but I can only see an EGS page, I will flip my shit.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I don't know about the suicide watch thing. I also find it strange how despite people praising Bloodborne a lot it did not sell nearly as well as the other AAA Sony western titles. I think Days Gone was not that well recieved overall (still a decent game though?) but that might have sold more than Bloodborne?
The ceiling for Souls games are still 3-4 million on any one platform. The best thing to do is release them on many as possible so you can have a huge success like DS3 which did 10 million. Bloodborne was at like 3 million sold iirc b4 Sony gave it away with PS+.

Hopefully Elden Ring breaks through that ceiling so FROM can sell much more. Not to say 10 million isn't enough by AAA standards but it would be nice for them to push higher. We'll see how open world and streamlined it will be without hurting the core design. If FROM does it right it will be huge.

Reactions: PC-tan

Blu

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
How much are you guys thinking and what is day and date purchase price for you?

My friend gets his wish for Bloodborne but I'm still here hoping for a 13 Sentinals : Aegis Rim NA release.

With all the rest of Vanillaware games on Steam.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

PossiblyPudding

sometimes a doctor of rhythm
Apr 17, 2019
i'm sure this will be the very second mod people release for it (only because Thomas the Tank Engine replacing all bosses will be the first mod)

Only because I've heard if we don't pay proper respect to Thomas that bad things will happen. Always so vague though. What are these bad things and do I want to know? That smile is pretty sinister.. :thinking-blob:

the_marmolade

La-li-lu-le-lo
Sep 19, 2018
How much are you guys thinking and what is day and date purchase price for you?

My friend gets his wish for Bloodborne but I'm still here hoping for a 13 Sentinals : Aegis Rim NA release.

With all the rest of Vanillaware games on Steam.
You will find out on June 12th* during IGN Summer of Gaming

*Event got pushed it was originally for June 9th tho I do wonder if they pushed stuff 3 days back or combine June 5th with June 8th.

Reactions: Blu

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I know the regional pricing sort of sucks ass for the EA games but as someone who has been keeping track of the price of DA: Inquisitor GOTY was 9.99 anywhere (Amazon/origin) and it was available on CDkeys for less than that for a brief time period when I was going back and forth on caving in and buying shit from EA again

Dragon Age 2 on the other hand is super overpriced in that regard and was on sale for like 2.49 (USD) on humble just literally the only place to get the DLC is on origin until today with that bundle which bypasses the convoluted system of having to over buy origin bucks to then buy the DLC

Overall I think it's cool that they're back on Steam but I do think it's kind of halfassed

Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Overall I think it's cool that they're back on Steam but I do think it's kind of halfassed
more like quarterassed ... no achievements, no trading cards (except for Burnout), not even bothered to enable play together (which is literally one checkbox), and of course origin is still there in full force running in the background

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
more like quarterassed ... no achievements, no trading cards (except for Burnout), not even bothered to enable play together (which is literally one checkbox), and of course origin is still there in full force running in the background
Well I mean
It's either run origin for the things entirely or add it as a non steam product for the steam overlay but now they added in a half assed third option

Maybe they'll add stuff later? Lol I mean I doubt it but who knows

Reactions: lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.