Community MetaSteam | June 2020 - Month Of The Seal, With Many A Deal, Throw Money With Zeal, The Wallet Will Kneel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Well, Square did it again, the forgot to remove the guidelines layers.

Good news, everyone, looks like Square saw the guidelines and fixed them (at least with in the header, library portrait still not fixed at this very moment)

I really really hope Outer Wilds has a nice launch discount. All EGS games has had them right thusfar?
That's correct.

Happy Satisfactory day everybody
Indeed, also the time set for release :)

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
It should have happened long ago. It can't be that hard to port Unreal 3 games to PC.
Or perhaps they plan on remastering Gears 2 & 3.
Yeah, maybe. I think these ports / remasters will happen sooner or later so I am not worried.

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
  • Eyes
Reactions: ISee and Le Pertti

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I followed anything about Satisfactory since it was an EGS exclusive. Is it basically Factorio 3d?
Almost. It misses the "tower defense" part of Factorio and the "story goal" of living the planet in Factorio.

There are aliens in Satisfactory you have to avoid or they will attack you, but not much more than that in terms of combat as for know I think.

Factorio is a way more complete game and more in-depth, but people on Epic has hundrers of hours in the game, so the game is still quite big.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
but the base price was the same ... and you had to buy the DLC for Ashen

so it doesn't count :p
Of course it counts, Mono asked if other EGS games had a launch discount, I think every game has had a launch discount. Just that Blands 3 had the biggest so far with 50% off.

Satisfactory will be 10% off, like on Epic.

Reactions: lashman

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Is it fairly safe to assume that anything on sale now on Steam will also be in the upcoming summer seal?

Álvaro de Campos

O nada que é tudo.
Mar 12, 2019
I followed anything about Satisfactory since it was an EGS exclusive. Is it basically Factorio 3d?
"Basically", yes. it focuses more on exploration and fighting against small groups of aliens rather than going around blasting hives. Resource nodes are also unlimited, so it's more build and forget unless you want to re-optimize after grabbing some new research/upgrade. That means that ultimately anything can be brute forced given enough time (and early game it might even be better to hand-craft some stuff rather than taking the time to set up a factory for it). Oh, and the map is not procedurally generated.
It's still fun though, the fact that it's first-person adds a lot in terms of building and atmosphere.

Satisfactory will be 10% off, like on Epic.
Practically speaking you could grab it for 33% off using Tim's bait coupon, no?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Practically speaking you could grab it for 33% off using Tim's bait coupon, no?
Yeah, but I want it together with the rest of my games on Steam. I also don't trust Epic Launcher enough to not expect some sort of fuckery in the future. Like my playtime being wiped. I also dislike Epics business practices.

Then why aren't you guys more excited about Factorio than Satisfactory? It's getting fully released soon
I personally already own and play Factorio and it's definetly a deeper, better game, but Satisfactory is also more accessible and nicer to look at.

I mean, playing both is the best of both worlds.

Reactions: Swenhir

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
As far as I when aware there isn't a threat in satisfactory.

Also it seems like a majority of people don't know how to check menus because you can turn off enemies in Factario.

Factario is still the King anyways.

Álvaro de Campos

O nada que é tudo.
Mar 12, 2019
Then why aren't you guys more excited about Factorio than Satisfactory? It's getting fully released soon
I've played Factorio to literal death both alone and with friends, haven't heard of 1.0 adding anything notable (although I've been dying to try out mods).

Yeah, but I want it together with the rest of my games on Steam. I also don't trust Epic Launcher enough to not expect some sort of fuckery in the future. Like my playtime being wiped.
Oh I totally understand that, I'm on the same boat, (when I said you I didn't mean you specifically, I meant people in general).

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I personally stay well away from any game and studio having taken EGS deals but I can't help applaud the will and desire to do the right thing here. Well done for waiting for so long for a thing you wanted that badly.

Now I want to play Factorio again and I hold you responsible.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Hey, I really should play Factorio before Satisfactory. Matter of principles. It will take a little time but gogogo.
Turns out a little time is 7 hours :dizzy-face:

I was really bad this time, optimization was shit tier. I hate the weapon and science output mission :grimacing-face:

Once you have completed the intro campaign, what do you do ? I see two other campaigns, some scenarios, and free play, what should I do ?

Last edited:

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Hello Talisman and Warhammer fans,

Today we’ve got an update for you regarding the future of Talisman: The Horus Heresy.

As of 22nd June 2020, Talisman: The Horus Heresy will be removed from all platforms where it is currently being sold. Current owners and anyone who purchases the game before 22nd June 2020 will still have access to the game in their purchase history, and any unused Steam keys for the title can still be used in the future, however no new ones will be issued.

We have had to remove Talisman: The Horus Heresy from storefronts due to the publishing rights expiring. Don’t worry though, we’ll continue to publish Talisman: Digital Edition and Talisman: Origins, the other digital adaptations of Talisman.

In order to allow players to add Talisman: The Horus Heresy to their games library before it is removed from store fronts, we’ve created a discounted ‘Complete Your Collection’ bundle on Steam, along with offering a discount on both iOS and Android. If you’ve been waiting for the right time to pick up Horus Heresy, this is it!

You can find the 'Complete Your Collection' bundle here: [UWSL]TALISMAN: HORUS HERESY COLLECTION[/UWSL]

We’ve had a lot of love over the years from both Talisman and Warhammer fans for Horus Heresy, and it was a pleasure to watch our fans enjoy another creation from us. It’s always sad to see a game go, but we’re proud of what we accomplished with Talisman: The Horus Heresy and hope people will continue to enjoy it even after it’s been removed from sale!

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Thinking about picking up Desperados 3 next week without having played Shadow Tactics first
I considered so too, but I decided not to get Desperados 3 until Im done with Shadow Tactics. Desperados 3 will probable have gone on sale by then so to me that feels logical.

Also:

I knew it. Former PSVR exclusive Paper Beast is coming to PCVR.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
Hey, I really should play Factorio before Satisfactory. Matter of principles. It will take a little time but gogogo.
Turns out a little time is 7 hours :dizzy-face:

I was really bad this time, optimization was shit tier. I hate the weapon and science output mission :grimacing-face:

Once you have completed the intro campaign, what do you do ? I see two other campaigns, some scenarios, and free play, what should I do ?
I always just skip straight to free play. Despite the name, it's still a fairly structured mode. You need to build a rocket to win, and the tech tree will naturally guide you there. Since the science pack requirements will gate you off from lots of tech, you get a clear roadmap of how to advance to the next stage of the game.

Reactions: Li Kao
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
How good is vanilla Stellaris? I never tried it but after playing a bunch of Civ I think I might be up for it but if the DLC makes it a much better game I might wait till I have it for my first time.
it's pretty damn good imho :)

• Love
Reactions: ISee

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Mr YosP said that Paper Beast was his favorite VR game of 2020 so it must be good.

And that does seem to be the general consensus of it being a really good VR game because if it's unique environments.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Is there a MetaSteam discord or something?
There's also an official one, perhaps it is the same one we are talking about. I am sending you an invite.

Also, thanks for linking Mindustry, it looks pretty great!

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
It should have happened long ago. It can't be that hard to port Unreal 3 games to PC.
Or perhaps they plan on remastering Gears 2 & 3.
I'd take a straight port at this point, as I don't see the Coalition being able to pump out 6 and two remasters in quick succession

Dec 5, 2018
I'll leave this here
  • 2K Games (Mafia: Definitive Edition)
  • Amazon Games (New World)
  • Atlus
  • Battlestate Games (Escape From Tarkov)
  • Bossa Studios (Surgeon Simulator 2)
  • Brace Yourself Games
  • Coffee Stain Studios
  • Dontnod Entertainment
  • Funcom
  • FJRD
  • Frontier Developments
  • Glumberland (Ooblets)
  • Humble Games
  • New Blood Interactive
  • Merge Games
  • Modus Games
  • Mythical
  • Perfect World (Torchlight III, Remnant: From the Ashes)
  • The Wandering Band
  • Rebellion
  • Red Sails Team
  • Rocketwerkz
  • Rockfish Games (Everspace 2)
  • Sega
  • Tripwire Interactive
  • WolfEye Studios (Weird West)
  • XSEED Games
  • Yaza Games
  • And more surprise announcements!

Jav