Community MetaSteam | June 2020 - Month Of The Seal, With Many A Deal, Throw Money With Zeal, The Wallet Will Kneel

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018
I'll leave this here
What could this be? Catherine: Full Body, Project Re Fantasy?
I'd happily be surprised with SMT etc. 👀

Reactions: PC-tan and ISee

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Speaking of factorio and satisfactory this also looks neat and doesn't have any controvessy surrounding it:

I really dig the clean look of this. Makes reading the playing field seem super intuitive.

Hmh might give it a go! Worried it will feel like half a game without the DLC.
Paradox are always good about not leaving base-game owners behind. Their major DLC releases always transfer the big changes over to the base game.

My go-to example is CK2's DLC Rajas of India. The expansion extended the map east and adopted Hindu, Buddhist and Jain rulers/territories. This included wholly unique and authentic socio-political/religious laws and gameplay systems that were completely different than their western counterparts. And all this content was added to the base game whether you owned the DLC or not. The only difference was that if you owned the DLC you could play as these eastern rulers. If you didn't you could only interact with them (war/peace/trade/etc.).

So everyone benefits from new DLC. Not just the whales.

That's the Paradox way.

Reactions: Le Pertti

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Hi guys!

Here's a brief update from me to assure you that I'm fine, and that I have no intention to abandon this great community on Metacouncil. However I have decided to "disconnect" myself from gaming related news and discussions for a while, because I'm tired of feeling disappointed in what's supposed to be my passion and favorite hobby.

As you may have guessed, most of these disappointments are related to Epic's current strategy, involving a huge amount of money hatting in order to take control of pc gaming. On the one hand, this doesn't affect me THAT much: there are still huge amounts of great games to play on other platforms, and if Epic grabs a game that I REALLY want to play, I still have the option to pirate it.

On the other hand, I can't help feeling disappointed when reading that another one of my favorite devs signs an exclusivity deal, or when Epic comes up with another "generous" giveaway to convince the pc gaming community to accept their actions, or when I see people caving in and deciding to support Epic anyway, despite disliking their actions. Every times this happens, it increases the chance that Epic may actually succeed with what they're doing and that really makes me sad.

Now the fact is that there's NOTHING I can do about this. Epic is not gonna stop doing this for at least a few more years. It also doesn't make sense for devs and publishers to refuse the huge amounts of money that Epic is throwing at them, and it's not up to me to tell other people what they can or can't do with their money.

I can not change what's happening here.

...so I don't want to be bothered with it either. And I definitely don't want it to temper my enthusiasm to play and enjoy video games.

That's why I've decided to ignore gaming related news and discussions for a while, while enjoying the hundreds or even thousands of great games that are already available on platforms that I want to support. Some of you may consider this an overreaction, but I don't think it is. I mean, the majority of gamers I know IRL don't visit gaming related sites or forums at all. They buy what Steam recommends them, what their friends are playing and what they see on Twitch. They aren't even aware of Epic's money hatting and shitty tactics; they only know that EGS is a launcher for free games. Sometimes ignorance IS a bliss. :)

Of course all of this is only temporary, so I will be back sooner or later. Meanwhile, I hope all of you are doing okay, in good health, and enjoying gaming as much as I do right now. Feel free to talk to me on Steam or invite me for an online game in C&C Remastered!

Love,
Ge0

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
What camera position do youse guys play driving games with? Im enjoying Dirt Rally 2.0 and usually play with the camera right down at the bumper (so you cant see any of the car, just the road) and thats my preferred view but im contemplating switching to the in car drivers view to add to the 'realism'.
I prefer hood cam, so I can see most of the road but also the tip of my hood, but bumper cam is also fine. Through my years of playing racing games I've gone from behind the car view -> cockpit -> bumper/hood and I feel it has drastically improved my performance over time. This is personal preference of course, so others may have a different experience - but personally I get vastly better times with a hood/bumper cam vs. cockpit/behind the car view.

Ironically, I think the cockpit view is the least realistic in most cases, because the FoV is simply too low and the proportions are often out of place. It never feels like the real thing and the cockpit-view in particular has a tendency to block your view the most, so that combined with the low FoV makes it annoying when you can't properly see the road or other cars around you. It works great on triple monitors though.

It can also break the immersion somewhat if you're playing with a wheel, because well yeah... seeing two wheels is weird! Some simulators and racing games allows you to turn off the wheel though, so that's good at least - but I'm still partial to the hood cam. :pleasedblob:

Reactions: Joe Spangle

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I'll leave this here
Don't fuck me on this one, SEGA

Its probably Rock of Ages 3 or whatever they're publishing but still I want to dream
4 to go

Reactions: sprinkles

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Its probably Rock of Ages 3 or whatever they're publishing but still I want to dream
SEGA isn't involved with Rock of Ages 3. Modus Games took over. (They are also going to be at the PC gaming show).

Don't forget Yakuza and Valkyria Chronicles were announced at the PC gaming show. Anything can happen.

Reactions: PC-tan

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
SEGA isn't involved with Rock of Ages 3. Modus Games took over. (They are also going to be at the PC gaming show).

Don't forget Yakuza and Valkyria Chronicles were announced at the PC gaming show. Anything can happen.
I DIDN'T WANT TO BE PRODUCTIVE THIS WEEK ANYWAYS

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Reactions: Pommes and PC-tan

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Reactions: lashman and Mor

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
I want to make things clear before the events, yes there will be EGS games, no, it won't be "OMG, THIS IS JUST ANOTHER EGS EVENT" as it will be like the usual reels, maybe 1 or 2 "big" gets and a bunch of indies, no, don't expect sony games there and please, don't worry about potential timed deals, that's what ruined part of 2019, the "what's next" thing, enjoy what we get and don't worry about what they get, please.

So this weeks games were delayed to next week along with EA Play, I guess.
Probably, yeah. is that or this week's games won't be hot takes but older things. but yeah, expect it to be next week alongside EA Access release.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I want to make things clear before the events, yes there will be EGS games, no, it won't be "OMG, THIS IS JUST ANOTHER EGS EVENT" as it will be like the usual reels, maybe 1 or 2 "big" gets and a bunch of indies, no, don't expect sony games there and please, don't worry about potential timed deals, that's what ruined part of 2019, the "what's next" thing, enjoy what we get and don't worry about what they get, please.
I mean an egs announcement is ultimately just a future Steam announcement, so who cares tbh ¯\(ツ)

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Or they could swap the June 18th games with the June 11th games lol. I doubt it but it'd be funny.

I just want titanfall 2 😳
That's at the same moment as EA Play for sure, don't worry, we all waiting for Titanfall 2 xdddd

Reactions: Arsene

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
That's at the same moment as EA Play for sure, don't worry, we all waiting for Titanfall 2 xdddd
Genuinely curious to see how high Titanfall 2's CCU will be. Its only like $10 full price on Origin so it'll probably have a $5 launch sale on Steam which is a steal for such a great game.

Reactions: xinek

Mor

Sep 7, 2018
Genuinely curious to see how high Titanfall 2's CCU will be. Its only like $10 full price on Origin so it'll probably have a $5 launch sale on Steam which is a steal for such a great game.
I fucking hope it's at least 100kccu (lol, not gonna happen but would love to see this)

TITANFALL 2 DESERVES BETTER!!!!!

Reactions: xinek and Arsene

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Probably, yeah. is that or this week's games won't be hot takes but older things. but yeah, expect it to be next week alongside EA Access release.
Do you know what the big get's are?

Dying Light 2? Indies? Tunic?

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Beat Control now and the 1st DLC.

My impressions from before are still pretty much the same. Very solid game but it can feel rather repetitive over any length of time.
The DLC is certainly also worth a bash as it explores some new story concepts from the main game, that are likely important for any potential sequel.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Beat Control now and the 1st DLC.

My impressions from before are still pretty much the same. Very solid game but it can feel rather repetitive over any length of time.
The DLC is certainly also worth a bash as it explores some new story concepts from the main game, that are likely important for any potential sequel.
Wait, you bought it on Epic?

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Incredible how Square always mess something lmao
It seems like some other devs have made sort of similar errors and also had the text remaining in some of their images as well.

4 to go
It looks like it may be something else? It looks like all ATLUS does now is localize stuff, and SEGA USA and EU are now the ones publishing indie titles, but most likely that is a SEGA USA thing? Since SEGA EU has it's own indie initiative.

By the way one of the devs from Satisfactory really doesn't like Steam does he? I was watching the live stream, it seems that it's being hosted on Twitch, which is fair enough, but you would also think that they would want to pay attention to the Steam stream since that is where they are going to be selling the game. It even has it's own little thing on Steam. Also viewer wise it would seem that on Steam the game has over 5k veiwers but on Twitch it has half of that. It does sort of make sense as to why they are doing that since there are people that already own the game on EGS and the stream is a dev update type of thing that they do weekly.

But ya one of the devs rubs me the wrong way and he even said how he hates Steam on the live stream.

So one of the things where my confusion comes from is that in some broadcast you will sometimes see a dev take part in the chat and it will say broadcaster or something along those lines in the Steam chat.

Reactions: Swenhir

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
It seems like some other devs have made sort of similar errors and also had the text remaining in some of their images as well.

It looks like it may be something else? It looks like all ATLUS does now is localize stuff, and SEGA USA and EU are now the ones publishing indie titles, but most likely that is a SEGA USA thing? Since SEGA EU has it's own indie initiative.

By the way one of the devs from Satisfactory really doesn't like Steam does he? I was watching the live stream, it seems that it's being hosted on Twitch, which is fair enough, but you would also think that they would want to pay attention to the Steam stream since that is where they are going to be selling the game. It even has it's own little thing on Steam. Also viewer wise it would seem that on Steam the game has over 5k veiwers but on Twitch it has half of that. It does sort of make sense as to why they are doing that since there are people that already own the game on EGS and the stream is a dev update type of thing that they do weekly.

But ya one of the devs rubs me the wrong way and he even said how he hates Steam on the live stream.

So one of the things where my confusion comes from is that in some broadcast you will sometimes see a dev take part in the chat and it will say broadcaster or something along those lines in the Steam chat.
Is it the guy on the right in the stream? That's the community manager and he's a known troll and dickhead.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
If by some miracle I end up getting what I want in some shape or form, all I have to say about it is:

The fuck is one measly year?

Reactions: Parsnip

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada

Knowing Atlus, this is very likely.
I played through Persona 5 and Royal so Scramble being day and date on pc is the best possible choice for me.

well 2nd best, Persona 4 Golden would be #1 since its my all time favorite game

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
and they finally stopped screaming at me :p
RESIDENT EVIL RESISTANCE still screams at me :p

Hi guys!

Here's a brief update from me ....
I can understand you fully. I hardly follow gaming news for much of the same reason. Well, I follow stuff, I just dont engage anymore. I get annoyed by shitty behaviour, but I try to see the positives too, like EA getting their stuff back on Steam, Sony bringing stuff to PC, etc. Taking a time out is always good tho! Take care :)

Status
Not open for further replies.