Community MetaSteam | June 2020 - Month Of The Seal, With Many A Deal, Throw Money With Zeal, The Wallet Will Kneel

Status
Not open for further replies.

OMEGALUL

Apr 15, 2019
Hard to play games when you might be infected and country is too poor to test you and puts you in a intentional infinite state of lock down....

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I discovered this game from the Guerilla Collective's page

And it looks like a really cool Metroidvania.

Reactions: dummmyy

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
What camera position do youse guys play driving games with? Im enjoying Dirt Rally 2.0 and usually play with the camera right down at the bumper (so you cant see any of the car, just the road) and thats my preferred view but im contemplating switching to the in car drivers view to add to the 'realism'.

Reactions: Li Kao

freshVeggie

almost there
Sep 7, 2018

Interesting insight what went on behind the scenes. Some notable tidbits are that the devs apparently were heavily influenced by crowbcat's Dead Rising 4 video when they planned the future of the series.
And at one point there were plans to make a souls-like Dead Rising even.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I'm not sure what you're refering to, but I think nowadays Just Dance just works with regular tracked controllers in both hands.
I was thinking of the Dance Central game. Which made use of the Kinect
Steam also hosting the Guerrilla event + highlighting some of the games.
is it still live or is it a rebroadcast right now?

Last edited:

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
What camera position do youse guys play driving games with? Im enjoying Dirt Rally 2.0 and usually play with the camera right down at the bumper (so you cant see any of the car, just the road) and thats my preferred view but im contemplating switching to the in car drivers view to add to the 'realism'.
I used to be hood cam all day, but now I usually use the cockpit cam due to my setup. I do use bumper cam in Euro Truck to mix it up, though. Use whatever's clever.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Cockpit cam 4 life, baby.

Though I do enjoy cinematic replay cams when done well (Codies, etc.).

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Good few hours into Control now, and impressions are broadly positive :)

Big positives for me with it so far have been the setting, the combat, and the storytelling.
The aesthetic the game has is simply great, like a mix between supernatural MC Escher and a high end retro office building, it's excellent.
The storytelling also so far nails both a sense of mystery and tension which fits the setting very well.
Combat wise it's a fairly basic cover shooter with powers, but you do need to be careful as it doesn't take a lot to kill you, plus there's no button for cover so you have to manage your own cover manually, a far more engaging idea than magnetically sticking to a wall.

If there's one thing that is really pulling it down for me though so far, is that the missions are quite lengthy indeed, and the gameplay loop can get rather repetitive. It's the kind of game that I find myself only picking up for a chapter at a time rather than being able to play for much longer.
THIS IS HYPE! :cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob::cat-heart-blob:

• Love
Reactions: AHA-Lambda

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Is Tokyo Mirage more of a P4/P5 X FE:A game?

I don't think it does a lot with FE other than the weapon triangle and also having characters from FE:A basically being your persona?
I haven't played P4 and 5 but only P3. The combat is similar to P3 with weaponry (FE weapon triangle applies here) and elemental strength and weakness. The FE elements of the game are music, mirages (personas from both Shadow Dragon and Awakening) and weapon names. I would say the game is unique enough that players of neither series would not have noticed these elements being from other franchises.

Reactions: Li Kao

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I haven't played P4 and 5 but only P3. The combat is similar to P3 with weaponry (FE weapon triangle applies here) and elemental strength and weakness. The FE elements of the game are music, mirages (personas from both Shadow Dragon and Awakening) and weapon names. I would say the game is unique enough that players of neither series would not have noticed these elements being from other franchises.
I will eventually get the game but I do recall people were disappointing when it turned out that it was not really SMT X FE like it was saying it would be. Or at least when it showed off the first teaser trailer it sort of made it seem like it would honor the tradition of those games type of a thing.

Reactions: Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I will eventually get the game but I do recall people were disappointing when it turned out that it was not really SMT X FE like it was saying it would be. Or at least when it showed off the first teaser trailer it sort of made it seem like it would honor the tradition of those games type of a thing.
People hoped for a dark fantasy (due to SMT) rather than a light-hearted RPG of Japanese entertainment industry. The end result, on one hand, is not for everyone and has nothing resemble of the original two series in terms of themes. But on the other hand, the main idea of the game is unique. It is a modern fantasy with idols and celebrities saving the world by singing and dancing during battles. The closest things I can think of is Ar Tonelico but that is set in a fantasy world rather than modern Japan (maybe I am wrong as I haven't played it). Anyway, it is an enjoyable game but with some spotty issues in localization (eg. censorship on clothing and story segment, no dub and no subtitles of dialogues in combat). The censorship is not severe, imo, so I don't really think it is a flaw actually.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I was looking at the Alyx discussion thread. What I find funny is how the top post is this one locked one. I investigated it. OP was in Nov 2019. The last post is from a Valve employee closing the thread since the post doesn't really seem to add anything. I looked into it some more and realize that the post was only just locked 20 min ago and not months ago.

skLaFarebear

MetaMember
Dec 4, 2019
Tbh, even as someone who was more excited for the concept of an SMTxFE than what we ended up actually getting, i was also pretty disappointed in the game itself. It's a decent RPG, but carrying the pedigree of SMT and Fire Emblem, it should have been much better than it ended up being. Dungeon design ranges from inoffensive to terrible. Character/enemy/boss design is all over the place with some amazing and some pretty terrible,. The main characters themselves are pretty enjoyable, but some of the side characters being.....not great (fuck Barry).

The Switch version did some good stuff to remove the tedium of the game and make it more enjoyable like significantly better load times and offering session skip in combat so that later game battles don't take several minutes each. Tbh, unless you're in the mood for a slightly above average JRPG with idols and fun, but kinda still tedious combat, it's a hard recommend.

Reactions: PC-tan and Cacher

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
I should actually have money to spend this sale but there’s so much shit coming out I want this month I might end up spending it all on those. Maybe ill pick up Dragon Quest Builders 2 if it hits all time low idk.

Reactions: Ibuki

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
There are so many games I plan to get, but they will sit there and get dusty (virtually) for a long time as I just install a heavily-modded Fallout 3 to the rig. Therefore, I try to minimize the summer sale wishlist and there are currently two games in there: Blacksad and Crystar. I will add more to the list but want to restraint it within 7-8 games.

Reactions: ISee and Ibuki

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Jesus the Guerilla Collective thing was not for me. Games looked bad and it was awfully long and thin on content.
Then I saw the comments and ratio and liked it.

The heart was certainly in the right place. Man, those comments :so-good-blob:

Reactions: madjoki

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Jesus the Guerilla Collective thing was not for me. Games looked bad and it was awfully long and thin on content.

Games looked fine
If anything it was more about the people behind the games than the games themselves
Tho mind you
I already have many of the games on there on my wishlist to begin with.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Games looked fine
If anything it was more about the people behind the games than the games themselves
Tho mind you
I already have many of the games on there on my wishlist to begin with.
The games weren't really my thing for the most part, though Corupt and Never Yield definitely are games I hadn't heard of before and am going to watch going forward. The devs themselves were really interesting to hear from and pretty well spoken particularly when it came,how they're helping each other and the indie scene at ;large. When some of the dev mentioned the dev cycle for some of their games - I feel like I too can maybe bring some of my ideas to life if I keep working at it. 6 months doesn't hold a candle to the near-decades these guys have been at it for some of them.

My only complaint was the hosting wasn't particularly good and the english hosts at Saturday's indie showcase were downright awful.

Reactions: Tizoc and Cacher

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

It did seem like it was long, I tuned in 2 hours into the thing. I think in total it was about 3-4 hours long?

You did get to see devs talk about their games a bit but ya it seemed to be more about devs talking about how they got involved in the industry and how they got to where they are now sort of thing.

One game that did not really seem that impressive was the cat game. I could be looking to much into what they said but I think the host were asking if this was going to be an Early Access release (since the game still looked rather rough around the edges)

Also what comments and ratio?

I was watching it on Steam and I noticed that the comments kept getting erased.
The games weren't really my thing for the most part, though Corupt and Never Yield definitely are games I hadn't heard of before and am going to watch going forward. The devs themselves were really interesting to hear from and pretty well spoken particularly when it came,how they're helping each other and the indie scene at ;large. When some of the dev mentioned the dev cycle for some of their games - I feel like I too can maybe bring some of my ideas to life if I keep working at it. 6 months doesn't hold a candle to the near-decades these guys have been at it for some of them.

My only complaint was the hosting wasn't particularly good and the english hosts at Saturday's indie showcase were downright awful.
Intreasting, others seemed to have liked the English host. I didn't mind them.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Holy shit that regional pricing of Code Vein. Did Japanese kill the dog of BNGI or something?

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
Im liking Amid Evil a lot, probably more than Dusk and Ion Fury which are both great games.
Episode 6 is the high-point of Amid Evil for me.

I really enjoyed every episode, except for 5.

Finished MHW. That was quite the ride, and a very satisfying end so far. Now... For the onslaught of content that follows that point.

Reactions: ISee

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
600+ (I think) games on sale on eShop EU and out of around 12 games on my wishlist, 2 are on sale. Why.

Picked up Voez with some of my gold coins as many gold coins expires later this month.

Reactions: Álvaro de Campos

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Ultimately its all about money and with those games selling very well on Steam you would hope that it gets through to the decision makers at these larger companies that 70% (or more) of a lot of sales is better than 100% of few sales.

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
Been playing a bunch of DJMAX Respect V lately, it's a really good "I don't fucking know what I want to play" game, and just jamming to songs really helps with how stressful things have been lately.

On the flipside, I've finally got back to my Hugo Nightmare playthrough on Ys Origin - just about done with that one, then it's just Toal's run for me to through Ys Origin on the "beat" pile.

How was everybody else's weekends?

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Oh my, I started Shadow hearts 2, I forgot almost everything about the game. :sweaty-blob:
My friend asked me what I was doing on PCSX2.

Answered doing regular JRPG stuff, like dog fighting in Paris in 1915 with a demon guy, an old puppeteer and a German imperial officer in a micro skirt.
Why yes, it's a bit different from the usual tropes... :dizzy-face:

Status
Not open for further replies.