Community MetaSteam | June 2020 - Month Of The Seal, With Many A Deal, Throw Money With Zeal, The Wallet Will Kneel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Niiiice, awhile back I said my fountain pen broke and I went to fix it since it had two year warranty, instead of fixing it they give me a new one with warranty ! Best 40€ I've spent on luxury things, since fountain pens usually goes for much higher.

Reactions: Pommes and ISee

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Instead, it feels like the game wants me to memorize the building recipes.
That's true.

Biomass burns super fast, and having to run around and pick up a bunch of leaves is boring
Also true, until you unlock the chainsaw and the receipt for solid biofuel. I think it is a tier 2 upgrade.
You'll be able to chop down trees (especially the big ones) and get a massive amount of wood and leaves out of it, in seconds. Than you can use a constructor to either convert wood or leaves (rather both!) into biomass and another constructor can convert that into solid biofuel.
All you need to do is setup a container at the start of the chain, fill it with either wood or leaves, plug in energy and get a stupid amount of long lasting biofuel out of it. 10 minutes of picking up will last you for hours. Biggest downsite is that Biomass generators need to be "fuelled" manually and don't produce a lot of amount of energy. But 200 units of biofuel last for quiet a decent amount of time.
I'll be working towards clean and green coal energy this week.

Reactions: Avern

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Another reason why Steam is a platform:

I took a screenshot off Satisfactory which I published in the way that friends can see it. A friend of mine saw it in the activity feed so he messaged me what I think off it, I told him it's a lot of fun so he went ahead and wishlisted it.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
I did like the Vita a lot, too bad I’m still salty about my very expensive 32GB memory card crapping the bed.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Wasn't the Vita's problem that it shot itself in the leg by having no compatibility with the PSP's catalogue, horrendously expensive memory cards and ended up trapped in a vicious circle of "no-one does games for the platform so no-one buys it"

Reactions: Cacher

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Wasn't the Vita's problem that it shot itself in the leg by having no compatibility with the PSP's catalogue, horrendously expensive memory cards and ended up trapped in a vicious circle of "no-one does games for the platform so no-one buys it"
It played both PSP and PSone games (digital of course). The real shot in the foot were the proprietary memory cards which were ridiculously expensive. With the advent of smartphones you needed really compelling software to make people want to carry you with them when they already had their phone to play games, which the 3DS had and the Vita didn't.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Vita memory sticks killed the Vita, yeah.

They had laughable storage size, were overpriced as fuck and were required for some games, which made the Vita a very undesirable console snowballing into publishers ignoring it altogether.

Sony treating it like Google treats Stadia didn't help either. They gave up so soon.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019

They had laughable storage size, were overpriced as fuck and were required for some games, which made the Vita a very undesirable console snowballing into publishers ignoring it altogether.

Sony treating it like Google treats Stadia didn't help either. They gave up so soon.
IIRC the launch numbers were so horrible the Sony execs panicked and gave it the PapEA treatment.
Only to be saved by anime.
*smug face

Reactions: Rogue Agent

fokkusu

Burn baby burn🔥🎵
Dec 9, 2018
Anyone have experience from Grim Dawn - Ashes of Malmouth DLC? Is it worth 12€ or should I wait for better discount?

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Anyone have experience from Grim Dawn - Ashes of Malmouth DLC? Is it worth 12€ or should I wait for better discount?
Yes, I been playing today in fact. Well worth the money, plenty of content and is a sizable addition. Same with the other content DLC. All good stuff.

Edit: they only negative if you see it that way is that it's just "more" of Grim Dawn if you see what I mean. More monster murdering with some more murdering added and additional murdering.

Reactions: xinek and fokkusu

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Final Fantasy 15. Finished it recently, but it's clear that it has BIG issues.

For comparison, I also enjoyed Final Fantasy 13, it's my favorite FF after FFX, and its biggest negative points in the vision of its loud critics (story and linearity) didn't really were negatives for me; I enjoyed the story once I started figuring it, and I'm at a point of my gaming life that linearity is a plus (sorry!).

However, who the fuck is going to say that they enjoy (and defend) completely broken story pacing, or better: an unfinished and rushed story? Mind you, I liked FFXV tale, but it's undeniable that it's cut, and it never reaches full potential. I think I got a chuckle when Noctis simple wake up after years. There was something planned to happen there that didn't make to the final game, 100%, and this is one example of many.. Still, I really dig FFXV battle system and if not by the Steam version stutters I'd probably replay it every now and then just to hunt something while listening to its incredible soundtrack and exploring the gorgeous world (dead, sure, but whatever, I really liked exploring it).

Now Persona, I don't know. I "like" them, sure, I'd buy them day one on PC too, but there's a lot of nostalgia speaking for me there. I played them when I had a completely different personality, and my tastes changed a lot since P4. How would I rate them now? I dunno. I know I probably couldn't finish either Persona 2 games nowadays. I have to add that I noticed that for some reason, since last year my opinion on Persona has been slowly going down. I'm certain that it would go a lot higher again if this damned P5R port for PC is announced Saturday, though!

Anyway, would you believe if I told you I had a Vita on my shopping cart in some site just a couple days ago? Mainly for Persona and MGS on the go. Still tempting for MGS, though.

Wait, are we talking about FF, Persona and other JRPGs or I completely missed the topic?
I haven't played FF 15 so I have nothing to say about it, but I agree that I find the story complaints about FF 13 sometimes weird.
(the ones that say it's incomprehensible because it uses a few unusual looking made up words. It's really not hard to understand what fal'Cie, l'Cie and Cie'th are)
I think it's definitely a flawed game though.

Personally speaking, this is exactly the biggest turn off in the souls games. I hate needing to resort to guides to avoid missing out on important content in any game I play. Normally I'd do a blind first play-through and then do a subsequent one using a guide, but I also hate multiple play-throughs of a game with a burning passion. Just feels like a big waste of time. It's a shame though because I'm intrigued by the challenging gameplay and bombastic bosses in these games but still struggle with how they obtusely hide their content 🙁
Fwiw, I'm also usually someone who wants to experience everything in a game and gets anxious about missables, but it weirdly enough doesn't bother me too much in the Souls games.
I guess I just accepted that some of their optional stuff is just too convoluted for me to even want to bother and I'm happy just soaking in the atmosphere and play through them once - in a way it's even a bit liberating, lol.
Not saying you definitely need to play them or anything though.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

manchego obfuscator

MetaMember
Jan 23, 2020

Vita's overpriced proprietary memory sticks didn't help, but I don't think they were even close to the main reason why it failed. it was targeting a middle ground between HD consoles and handhelds that simply wasn't possible for Sony to deliver on, both given the technology that existed in 2011 and their own limitations as a first party; Sony's first-party IP were never going to drive hardware sales in the way that Nintendo's could, and the system wasn't powerful enough to handle direct ports of AAA PS3/360 games without great difficulty, yet it was also close enough to PS3/360 in power that making exclusive games that took full advantage of the hardware was still an expensive enough proposition to discourage third parties from getting on board (Ubisoft is really the only one that tried with AC Liberation), and of course all that was exacerbated by poor hardware sales and Sony's inability to drive them on its own like Nintendo could with 3DS.

short version: it was targeting a market that didn't exist, it was doomed from the start, and nothing Sony did could have saved it

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
Maybe Anime saved Steam in the face of EGS.
I mean we may joke about that a bit, but that's actually probably a significant factor.
Epic giving absolutely no shit about "anime" games beside the rare fighting game reject that is already dead is a huge, huge limiting factor of growth in Asia and in the ever expanding PC weeb world.
It's a super hardcore part of market, and ignoring it entirely is not smart.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
OSM and Away are the only ones I dont own that I want from the humble bundle but apparently Away isnt very good so Ill pass this time around.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Getting both P3 and P4 instead of P5 is definitely the most "Atlus" way of getting into Steam

YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING
I agreed, but on the other hand, P3 and P4 are stuck on old ass platforms that aren't in production anymore.

Already played and finished vanilla P5 on PS4, would have bought it again on PC, but have neve rplayed P3 and P4 have just played a few hours of.

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018

Getting both P3 and P4 instead of P5 is definitely the most "Atlus" way of getting into Steam

YOU'LL NEVER SEE IT COMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING
Is there any credibility to this Twitter user?

Edit: Oh.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.