Community MetaSteam | June 2020 - Month Of The Seal, With Many A Deal, Throw Money With Zeal, The Wallet Will Kneel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
FFXV is legitimately the most disappointing games i've ever played and one of the worst i have ever finished.
Mind you, one of the worst games i've finished, not one of the worst i've played.
But if it would have been anything but a new mainline FF, i would have dropped it before the 10 hour mark.

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019
Damn, hard not to get excited when Atlus is hyping up the event. Gotta brace myself for disappointment.

Reactions: ISee

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I really wanted to like FFXV. I liked the set up of driving around with your dudebros having adventures but i just couldn't click with the combat, it was terrible.
I think i played about 7 hours before finally giving up due to frustration.

Reactions: ISee and Kvik

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
So either they actually drop a proper Persona game, in which case I get to see console fanboys flip out, or nothing comes out, which means quite a few people managed to troll Meta quite effectively.
As someone who doesn't care about Atlus, I'll be entertained either way. :coffee-blob:

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
Yeah, naked truth lies, only if you realize
Appearing in nobody's eyes, till they sterilize
Stop the guerrilla, warfare to keep it fair
Bro, change your rage to a smarter greater cause
You know the stake is high, stardom is near
Those who sympathized, you die, killer pass you by
Do not waste your time In hating flirting guys
Use your might to AIs to do justice to them all

• Love
Reactions: Knurek

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
So either they actually drop a proper Persona game, in which case I get to see console fanboys flip out, or nothing comes out, which means quite a few people managed to troll Meta quite effectively.
As someone who doesn't care about Atlus, I'll be entertained either way. :coffee-blob:
Well, to be fair, if it's not persona it will mostly be Vanillaware so that's also a win/win situation, don't you think?

Reactions: PC-tan and TheTrain

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
If it's Persona 4 Golden that may not make everyone happy, as some people will want the newer game to come, but it'll make me super happy. It's the best in the series and one of the greatest games ever made. Plus it's trapped on Vita and PSTV and deserves better - I hope everyone from PC to Switch players and all the other platforms in-between get to play it.

BlueOdin

Dec 3, 2018
Yeah, naked truth lies, only if you realize
Appearing in nobody's eyes, till they sterilize
Stop the guerrilla, warfare to keep it fair
Bro, change your rage to a smarter greater cause
You know the stake is high, stardom is near
Those who sympathized, you die, killer pass you by
Do not waste your time In hating flirting guys
Use your might to AIs to do justice to them all
You mean to tell me "flooded apple pies" is not part of the lyrics?

Theswweet

Dirty Weeb
Mar 12, 2019
I saw an outlet review Ys: Memories of Celceta on PS4, which isn't weird in an of itself, but the reviewer that handled it had handled the PC versions PR and code distribution back when that first launched.

They didn't disclose this in their review. At all. :thinking-blob:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I enjoyed my time with Final Fantasy 15. Finished it recently, but it's clear that it has BIG issues.

LONG TEXT

Anyway, would you believe if I told you I had a Vita on my shopping cart in some site just a couple days ago? Mainly for Persona and MGS on the go. Still tempting for MGS, though.

Wait, are we talking about FF, Persona and other JRPGs or I completely missed the topic?
This is exactly the type of post that takes me multiple attempts to read these days.
Each attempt I get part of the way and suddenly, inexplicably, get the mental image of a calf and claws.

This is my life now :oofblob:

PS. LOL @ the people that use Hydroalcoholic gel for Covid. This is easy mode. This shit is for my calf.

Last edited:

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Ah, perfectly load balanced. As all production lines should be. Building the space elevator should be easy going with this:
Just a temporary design to unlock stuff, but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't run perfectly. Already looking forward to complex setups :heartblob:

Now excuse me, I need to go back from playing with virtual production lines to real production lines for real money. I feel a bit like a bus driver playing bus simulator after work (or before).

Last edited:

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
Who is that phoenix write anyway, some kind of Twitter influencer?

I have online friends on social media who say stuff like that too, like the amount of exclusives on their preferred platform is all that matters to them. They're good people, mind you, just a bit childish.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
I'd be more intrigued by P4G than P5 actually I admit.

But I really would like a port of Catherine Full Body more than anything else from Atlus tbh

Reactions: Kyougar and ISee

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Well, to be fair, if it's not persona it will mostly be Vanillaware so that's also a win/win situation, don't you think?
Hmm, Vanillaware would be quite something, but couldn't they simply self-publish their games? Was under the impression they owned their IP.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
I just checked Atlus's catalog and found that all they have done in recent years are Catherine, Etrian Odyssey, SMT, Persona, Vanillaware games or Sting games. I have no specific preference and would take anything from those games, tbh.

Reactions: Ascheroth

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
I always feel like I'm missing out on the souls games in that I don't like hard games and I actually dislike bosses in games as a concept. I always thought about the souls games more as puzzle games than RPGs, if I want open RPG thats not what I'm going to find in souls games right?

Reactions: Swenhir

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Hmm, Vanillaware would be quite something, but couldn't they simply self-publish their games? Was under the impression they owned their IP.
Vanillaware publisher is Atlus :)

Reactions: PC-tan

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Vanillaware publisher is Atlus :)
Sure, but depending on how the rights are handled, it might be simpler and cheaper for Vanillaware to just work on the port and upload their games on Steam themselves. With Steam there's no need for a middleman. Of course, if Atlus owns or co-owns the various IPs, it's a different question.

Hektor

Autobahnraser
Nov 1, 2018
I always feel like I'm missing out on the souls games in that I don't like hard games and I actually dislike bosses in games as a concept. I always thought about the souls games more as puzzle games than RPGs, if I want open RPG thats not what I'm going to find in souls games right?
If you want an open RPG in the sense of choices and consequences for major story Events and partymembers like Baldurs Gate then no, you won't really find it there

But simply going by ARPG standard's Dark Souls are a lot more RPGish and have more choice than a lot of other ARPG's, especially japanese ones.

Milena

Lost in VR
Jan 4, 2019
Dark Souls games to me are action-adventure games with RPG mechanics. There are choices in the games, both relating to the world at large and the characters you can encounter along the way, so technically you can roleplay a character.
However, the interactions with other characters are limited, so it's more of a RPG-lite.

Reactions: Le Pertti

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
To add to above posts, the choices in Souls games mostly come from your actions, not dialogue choices. It's a RPG alright as it has stats that might help you beat the game, but it's an action & exploration game first and foremost.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Hektor Milena texhnolyze Thanks for the input!

I think for me also a RPG isn't necessarly about dialogue choices or anything specific, more about how alive the world feels and to which degree it feels to live there as a character and how free one is in what one wants to do.
The Souls world feels very much alive as in there is a ton of stuff you learn just by paying attention and looking at the surroundings. Most of the story is told through the environment. There is a fairly linear path through it but you do have opportunity to try a path, get stuck and so go back to explore a bit and a new path can open up.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019

I think for me also a RPG isn't necessarly about dialogue choices or anything specific, more about how alive the world feels and to which degree it feels to live there as a character and how free one is in what one wants to do.
Based on everything you said, I don't think the Souls games are for you. And that's all right, I don't mean it as a demeaning comment.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
My free Stadia pro sub lapsed yesterday and today I found out that (presumably an error) you can get 2 more free Pro months if you go to Little Nightmares on the shop and press "restore Pro" or whatever it said. So I got 2 more Pro and cancelled it so it doesn' get renewed.

Im not even using Stadia. Only used it for Gylt and Get Packed (doesn't have any sign of releasing on other platforms yet). But I mean, free is free.

Same reason I claim all EGS freebies. I have never installed a single EGS freebie, even the ones Im interested in (those I buy on Steam anyways, like Horace and Impossible Lair). But free is free, so why not.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Based on everything you said, I don't think the Souls games are for you. And that's all right, I don't mean it as a demeaning comment.
Yeah i wouldnt really call the Souls games an RPG so if thats what you are looking for Monooboe then maybe give them a pass.

But they are great games and you can play them with a variety of different character builds.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
No, they are a metroidvana at heart and the RPG narrative elements are, at best, obscure quests that you will more often than not either miss or need a wiki to complete. If you like to soak in atmosphere and feel like an archeologist/explorer and can tolerate the tedium of some of the combat's consequences, then I think you can have fantastic a time.

I don't think that the RPG label fits those games at all, and neither does it many games toting it to be honest.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
If you decide to 100% a Souls game you will absolutely experience an incredible RPG imo. Same thing with Sekiro and Bloodborne.

If you just casually do a 1 time playthrough however..then yea it will just be a hard action/adventure game.

FromSoft is that one crazy developer in the industry that hides so much of their best work behind layers and layers of cryptic/optional choices which require guides, etc. It really is what makes them the one of the best in the industry imo.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
What is the chronology way of playing Serious Sam? I mainly want to play in VR (seems fun).

And what is The Last Hope? Is it a VR side-game?

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018

Have you played Dragons Dogma? not hard like dark souls, but still challenging and has a great world to explore with towns and caverns and equipment to use etc...

Reactions: PC-tan

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
Who is that phoenix write anyway, some kind of Twitter influencer?

I have online friends on social media who say stuff like that too, like the amount of exclusives on their preferred platform is all that matters to them. They're good people, mind you, just a bit childish.
I recently tried to explain to my partner, who is not into video games (she loved Monument Valley and The Witness, but those were exceptions), that people exist who lose their shit when a video game that was previously exclusive to one console gets released on another console or PC.

She asked me twice to repeat myself because she didn't get what I was even talking about. The mere concept was way too alien to her. This is only important to people devoting way too much of their very identity to a specific platform, and it's both pathetic and sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.