Community MetaSteam | June 2020 - Month Of The Seal, With Many A Deal, Throw Money With Zeal, The Wallet Will Kneel

Status
Not open for further replies.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Regardless of any Steam and Epic situation the next few weeks, PC will be the best place to play next-gen as PC will pretty much get almost everything. Otherwise people need to own 3 consoles and they will still miss out on lots of great games that are only on PC or are far superior on PC.

• Love
Reactions: Alexandros and ISee

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019

Well if the port is P4G instead of P5 it'll better because it will no longer stuck on a dead platform.
I agree. Hell, I'm still playing through Royal. Had to sell my Vita because of money issues so being able to play P4G without emulation would be great.
And the IQ on the Vita was horrible.

Reactions: ISee

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
I agree. Hell, I'm still playing through Royal. Had to sell my Vita because of money issues so being able to play P4G without emulation would be great.
And the IQ on the Vita was horrible.
Yeah I'm 90% sure it will be P4G, makes sense with PH3 games porting it.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So much stuff I want to do in Satisfactory, it's really the "just one more thing" feeling.

Before a rumour gets started here, I can say that we are not currently porting any Persona (or SMT in general) game.
Ok, so what you are saying is that your studio is not porting any Persona/SMT game to PC, but another studio is? ;)

Reactions: lashman

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
I played a bit of Satisfactory last night, and I'm feeling frustrated with it. Nothing has been terrible, but there have been lots of little irritations. Some of it might be that I don't know better ways to do things, or I could just need to tech further, but it didn't leave a good first impression.

The biggest thing is how the game separates out crafting vs building. If I want to construct a building, I need all of the components ready to lay it down. So if I'm missing something, I have to go back to a workbench and craft whatever is missing... but I can't see a list of items I need to construct the building from that menu. So I keep having these moments where I forget what I need, back out of the craft bench menu, enter build mode, look at what's missing, then exit out of that and go back into the crafting bench. If the game would just put it all in one menu, it would be fine. Instead, it feels like the game wants me to memorize the building recipes.

Other annoyances: Combat is awful. Biomass burns super fast, and having to run around and pick up a bunch of leaves is boring. Power poles having limited connections is just enough complexity to be annoying, but not interesting. Pressing a button to open a menu, then pressing the same button again doesn't necessarily close the window.

I really hope this gets better as I progress. Right now, it's just making me want to play Factorio again.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
It's quite unique really that there isn't a single mainline Persona port to anything that's not a Sony platform.
(Especially with the success of the Switch in Japan)
Well there's the PC version of the original Persona but that was Japan-only and before the series exploded anyways so it doesn't really count?

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Looking forward to CS4 though 👀
Still a ways to go on that one. But aspect ratio support is improving at the moment ;)

Well there's the PC version of the original Persona but that was Japan-only and before the series exploded anyways so it doesn't really count?
I didn't know about that one, but yeah, I was thinking of the "obscenely popular" Persona games (3-5) primarily.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Before a rumour gets started here, I can say that we are not currently porting any Persona (or SMT in general) game.
So what you are saying is that as a company you have finished porting Persona and there will be a surprise launch on Saturday.

• Toucan
Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I played a bit of Satisfactory last night, and I'm feeling frustrated with it. Nothing has been terrible, but there have been lots of little irritations. Some of it might be that I don't know better ways to do things, or I could just need to tech further, but it didn't leave a good first impression.

The biggest thing is how the game separates out crafting vs building. If I want to construct a building, I need all of the components ready to lay it down. So if I'm missing something, I have to go back to a workbench and craft whatever is missing... but I can't see a list of items I need to construct the building from that menu. So I keep having these moments where I forget what I need, back out of the craft bench menu, enter build mode, look at what's missing, then exit out of that and go back into the crafting bench. If the game would just put it all in one menu, it would be fine. Instead, it feels like the game wants me to memorize the building recipes.
If I understood your correctly: You can put stuff you want to construct in a "to-do" list when you open the menu with Q. The game will show a panel on the right side showing the progress you have made to gain the resources you need.

There are lots of things you can do to make the game easier for you to save time, but the game doesn't tell you that.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Avern

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
FromSoft is that one crazy developer in the industry that hides so much of their best work behind layers and layers of cryptic/optional choices which require guides, etc. It really is what makes them the one of the best in the industry imo.
Personally speaking, this is exactly the biggest turn off in the souls games. I hate needing to resort to guides to avoid missing out on important content in any game I play. Normally I'd do a blind first play-through and then do a subsequent one using a guide, but I also hate multiple play-throughs of a game with a burning passion. Just feels like a big waste of time. It's a shame though because I'm intrigued by the challenging gameplay and bombastic bosses in these games but still struggle with how they obtusely hide their content 🙁

Reactions: Li Kao and Swenhir

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
I guess that means it's safe to say that up until this point you have not worked on an ATLUS IP then?

Oh well there is always the future.

NarohDethan

There was a fish in the percolator!
Apr 6, 2019
That’s because if you’re not currently doing it, it’s because they’re done right?

• Toucan
Reactions: ISee
Status
Not open for further replies.