Community MetaSteam | June 2020 - Month Of The Seal, With Many A Deal, Throw Money With Zeal, The Wallet Will Kneel

Status
Not open for further replies.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
Sony releasing Sony games on Steam

Nothing personal kid.

SEGA pulled the Denuvo support page for P4G. Leads to a 404 now lol
I think the Denuvo page (I never check those) was what gave it away. Also if it was false then ATLUS/SEGA would have said something already.

But ya the rest of this week may have some interesting reactions from people

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Having been peer shamed, no, bullied in another thread, I'm looking at joining modern times and buying a smartphone.
But between the humongous offer and predatory monthly subs, I'm a little lost.

I have my sight on the new Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 Pro (any objections ?)
Amazon sells it at 250 euros for 64go and 230 euros for the 128go amazon exclusive (any specs difference ?)

Then I see that if I want to fully replace my land phone and have unlimited calls and keep a good fiber I go from 50 to 70 euros/month. Steep.

Any advice ?

Reactions: Swenhir

Le Pertti

0.01% Game dev
Oct 10, 2018
Paris, France
lepertti.com
Having been peer shamed, no, bullied in another thread, I'm looking at joining modern times and buying a smartphone.

Amazon sells it at 250 euros for 64go and 230 euros for the 128go amazon exclusive (any specs difference ?)

Then I see that if I want to fully replace my land phone and have unlimited calls and keep a good fiber I go from 50 to 70 euros/month. Steep.

Any advice ?
Just no don't go for a landline! Just get Free, they often have an offer 8€ per month for unlimited calls and texts and 50gb 4G internet. As when it comes to phone. Haven't looked at the redmi note 9 but think I saw that it's getting good word of mouth. Also the new iPhone SE is nicely priced. If I were to buy a phone today I would go for it.

Reactions: Li Kao

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
While i don't disagree about the dungeons, i very much so disagree about the story. Obviously it's true that knowing the mistery takes something away, but you still have amazing characters and plenty of great and well written moments, like those with Nanako.
Yeah, of the three (3-5) I think 4 has the best and most relatable character writing. I also feel like the small town setting works really well for the game, story-wise.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
How? For me, Internet (optical fiber) costs 30€/month and mobile phone costs 2€/month (0€/month for the subscription tied to the Internet subscription).

I don't have a smartphone, and I don't have unlimited calls, but still... 70€/month?
You should be able to get away with ~35€/month for Internet and basic phones.

By the way, you need no land phone subscription if you have an Internet box.

Last edited:

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
How? For me, Internet (optical fiber) costs 30€/month and mobile phone costs 2€/month (0€/month for the subscription tied to the Internet subscription).
Well it's Orange, so for the uninitiated, they are generally not cheap.

My sub is fiber 1gb + unlimited landline + 2h and 100mo data from a mobile = 50,99
If I want to keep this fiber speed and add unlimited mobile* = 71,99

*which is frankly overkill but at the same time the whole thing is to replace the landline and become the default phone

I accept every advice :grimacing-face:

PS. I'm conflicted about where to put this convo, the hardware thread wasn't a good fit, but neither the steam thread, and creating a thread for little old me and my phone is mehh :so-good-blob:

Edit - I'm getting shaved by Orange, am I ?

Last edited:

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
So hopefully some Bloodborne/Playstation to PC news tommorrow and Journey tommorrow, P4G and other PC gaming news on saturday, Griftlands on monday, Outer Wilds and QD games on thursday.

Good time to be a PC gamer.

Very excited to finally play Outer Wilds after all the praise it has gotten.

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019

I don't have a smartphone, and I don't have unlimited calls, but still... 70€/month?
You should be able to get away with ~35€/month for Internet and basic phones.

By the way, you need no land phone subscription if you an Internet box.
My fault, by land phone I mean phone by the internet box, not traditional land phone.

Cordelia

MetaMember
Jun 10, 2019

Any advice ?
I can't say much about anything else other than the phone, but that phone is pretty good for that price. Although if you have some fear about being spied by CCP then maybe don't get Xiaomi.

Reactions: ISee and Li Kao

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Well it's Orange, so for the uninitiated, they are generally not cheap.

My sub is fiber 1gb + unlimited landline + 2h and 100mo data from a mobile = 50,99
If I want to keep this fiber speed and add unlimited mobile* = 71,99

*which is frankly overkill but at the same time the whole thing is to replace the landline and become the default phone

I accept every advice :grimacing-face:

PS. I'm conflicted about where to put this convo, the hardware thread wasn't a good fit, but neither the steam thread, and creating a thread for little old me and my phone is mehh :so-good-blob:

Edit - I'm getting shaved by Orange, am I ?
Hard to say, prices all over the place and can change drastically by stepping over a border.

I'm paying 49.99€ for basic phone (unlimited national) and 1gbit (up), 50mbit (down) unlimited.
+9.99€ for unlimited international calls (lot's of family across different nations)
+4.99€ for three additional phone numbers (important for work related stuff)
+24.99€ for the cable connection itself (has to be paid)

That's 90€/month for that.

Mobile for my wife and me is another 40€/month
and kids mobile is 15€/month (going to school, I want them to have basic phones, just in case).

Total = 145€ / month

For your smarthpone: In my humble opinion, even the 200-300€ variants have become fast and good enough for daily usage. My s8+ will be my last "premium" phone. Everything from here on out will be bought once the battery goes bad.
I bought a Samsung A70 for my mother (Birthday present) last year and that thing is big, battery holds very long and it is more than fast enough for all browsing and messaging needs. Something like that will be enough for my wife and me in the future.
I love tech but those mid range smartphones are good enough, even for my needs. Of course there are some enthusiasts and hardcore users...

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
Like me, Monooboe doesn't advertise his own threads it seems. So...

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018

Any advice ?
I sadly have very little knowledge when it comes to smartphones. I try to keep my current smartphone alive as long as possible (currently have an Galaxy S8, so it's a few years old, but I hope I can use it for as long as possible), but if I need one I buy the newest Samsung Galaxy available. I used to have an iPhone, but switched over to Samsung as I wanted more freedom and options to do stuff, I also found the Apple ecosystem boring for whatever reason.

Not starting any smartphone fight here as I simply don't care enough to even have much knowledge about what's best and worst, I just like the freedom and options I get from the Samsung Galaxy, like I currently have some emulators and roms installed on it, not using them much, but nice to have, don't think I could do that with an iPhone without hacking it (this is where the freedom I mentioned with Android comes in).

Kinda funny Im the only one in the family who doesn't have an iPhone.

Reactions: LEANIJA and Li Kao

Li Kao

Jan 28, 2019
I sadly have very little knowledge when it comes to smartphones. I try to keep my current smartphone alive as long as possible, but if I need one I buy the newest Samsung Galaxy available. I used to have an iPhone, but switched over to Samsung as I wanted more freedom and options to do stuff, I also found the Apple ecosystem boring for whatever reason.

Not starting any smartphone fight here as I simply don't care enough to even have much knowledge about what's best and worst, I just like the freedom and options I get from the Samsung Galaxy, like I currently have some emulators and roms installed on it, not using them much, but nice to have, don't think I could do that with an iPhone without hacking it (this is where the freedom I mentioned with Android comes in).

Kinda funny Im the only one in the family who doesn't have an iPhone.
Yeah I'm not interested in manufacturer war either, but I tend to lean with you.
I haven't had a smartphone for several years and always had an Apple tablet, but the whole brand ergonomics is slowly driving me mad. While yes, closed garden may be more secure, having to use itunes, which is more or less a flaming piece of shit, to even copy a pdf on the device :oofblob:
Once upon a time, Apple had the mobile game edge, but the whole mobile scene has gone to shit, so there is that too.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Is there a scenario where Sony fanboys aren't entering an extreme butthurt state over years old games releasing on other platforms? This is embarrassing.
I don't think focusing on the few nutcases is really helping or useful. I would venture they aren't representative of the millions of console users and, yes, that far overshadows even an entire forum :).

I think most people are glad to not have to hope for better emulation to play these games eventually as their platform of release dies off, as every console does.

As for smartphones, I have to say that refurbs are the only sensible option for me with a limited budget but it is a gamble, and a stressful one.

Last edited:

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
So, it's funny to see how things change, don't you think? Chairmanchuck posted it on the other forum and I'm posting it here as we have been talking about this today.

We remembered about the 2015 helpdesk leak from Steam, the one that leaked FFX, EDF4.1 or Danganronpa, it was pretty huge back then and of course it got a Neogaf thread. It's funny to see the comments and check if some users petitions happened in the next few years.

Let's see some. You must agree that things changed a bit :grimacing-face::cat-heart-blob:

Oh hey, it's KainXVIII

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
So, it's funny to see how things change, don't you think? Chairmanchuck posted it on the other forum and I'm posting it here as we have been talking about this today.

We remembered about the 2015 helpdesk leak from Steam, the one that leaked FFX, EDF4.1 or Danganronpa, it was pretty huge back then and of course it got a Neogaf thread. It's funny to see the comments and check if some users petitions happened in the next few years.

Let's see some. You must agree that things changed a bit :grimacing-face::cat-heart-blob:

snip
What are we PC plebs missing now?

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I just really really really want Bloodborne. It's the one thing I truly want. Despite having already played it a ton on my PS4 (finished it 3 times for the 3 endings) there are many moments I still wanna play the game because it's so damn good, but I just can't bother with installing, downloading the game and then 3o FPS.

My tropy status for Bloodborne is at 78% and I would definetly try for 100% on PC.

Bloodborne is actually my game of the generation (with Witcher 3 being a close second), so Bloodborne is a special game to me. I just really love it.

I bet there are millions of PC gamers who wants to play the game and will throw any amount of money for it and I bet there are thousands of PS4 players who want to double dip purely for 60 FPS (I am one of them).

Im lucky that I have played the game on my PS4, but I really really want PC gamers to experience Bloodborne and hopefully get the same experience as I got many years ago when I first started it up.

Exclusivity is bullshit, gatekeeping games is bullshit. Games like Bloodborne deserves to be played by as many people as possible.

If I had the power, I would have ported Bloodborne to PC, Xbox and Switch too.

Shahem

R7 7800X3D I RTX 4080
Jan 26, 2020
France
Glad people are getting what they wanted. Sadly these games, and japanese games in general, do nothing for me so it's a hard pass.

Hopefully the BB/DS rumours will be true at some point, then I'll be able to join the party.
I'm going to be bluntly honest, Persona is not the sort of game I'm interested in. I'm far from a Souls fanatic but Bloodborne is a definite buy from me.

Reactions: Milena

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
What about Blue Dragon? Do we want it on PC? :p
It's alright, so that would be nice.
Removing the disgusting post processing effects would help it a ton to look like a half modern game. It's so blurry and out of focus that it feels like a glorified Dreamcast game at times. Horrendous image quality.

Plus the boss theme is just... quite something.

Composed by Sakaguchi and Uematsu, sung by Ian Gillan from Deep Purple.

Actually a lot of 360-era soundtracks were just completely crazy, it's too bad that we got much tamer things later, mostly canned bread OSTs from Sakuraba and the like.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Hardspace Shipbreaker is also coming out on early access in 6 days.
YES! I am really looking forward to it. Being alone in the space to cut apart spaceships, which could once be homes, workplaces, or simply tools of enjoyment to their passengers in the past, sounds really romantic to me. I was just reading through the official discord channel and watching the dev diary, I can easily tell that the developers are really passionate towards what they are making and can't wait to share this unique experience with players. The launch version will provide 15+ hour of gameplay alongside the first act of main campaign, which sounds reasonable enough for me. I will probably pick it up on day 1 and try to provide feedback to the developers.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
As a massive Homeworld fan, I'm torn on whether to get shipbreaker in EA or not. On one hand, I want to support anything that BBI does that doesn't involve Gearbox. On the other hand, I don't want to get tired of the game before it's the best version it can be.

Decisions!

Reactions: lashman and Cacher

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I bet there are millions of PC gamers who wants to play the game and will throw any amount of money for it and I bet there are thousands of PS4 players who want to double dip purely for 60 FPS (I am one of them).
If FROM touches on the remaster in any way I hope they don't cap the game at 60fps. It still pisses me off the Souls games are capped @ 60fps. I was easily able to run Sekiro at 90-110fps with the mod on a 1070. And Sekiro came out after the Soulsborne games.

And same thing applies to PS5. At 10 teraflops that thing will be able to shred through bloodborne at 100+ fps in 1080p. Devs need to unlock framerate for all games next gen. 144hz monitors are becoming more and more affordable so they need to cut it out. Give people the option to take framerate over resolution. Sony and Microsoft need to mandate that shit.

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Yeah, of the three (3-5) I think 4 has the best and most relatable character writing. I also feel like the small town setting works really well for the game, story-wise.
Would make sense, since JoJo Part 4 is also better than parts 3 and 5 :p

[UWSL]Disclaimer: I know nothing about P5 and only a bit about P3[/UWSL]

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
As a massive Homeworld fan, I'm torn on whether to get shipbreaker in EA or not. On one hand, I want to support anything that BBI does that doesn't involve Gearbox. On the other hand, I don't want to get tired of the game before it's the best version it can be.

Decisions!
Get it first and worry later 😆
Would make sense, since JoJo Part 4 is also better than parts 3 and 5 :p
I second this and want to put it further: Kira Yoshikage is one of the best written villains in anime history.

Reactions: lashman

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
So hopefully some Bloodborne/Playstation to PC news tommorrow and Journey tommorrow, P4G and other PC gaming news on saturday, Griftlands on monday, Outer Wilds and QD games on thursday.

Good time to be a PC gamer.

Very excited to finally play Outer Wilds after all the praise it has gotten.
It's the opposite for me. I was very excited to play it but then it got moneyhatted, reviews came out and it became apparent that the main gameplay loop has a strict time limit. I adore exploration in sci-fi games but I despise time limits (which is why I never enjoyed survival games).

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018

Decisions!
you can buy it now ... and play it when it leaves early access ;)

not like any of us in here actually play our games anyway :smart-thinking-blob:

• Toucan
Reactions: Swenhir and Cacher

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Well, the both of you make a good point, I'll see what the price point is because broke.
According to FAQ from the official discord:
Q: How much is the game going to cost on EA release? A: On June 16th for Steam Early Access, the game will be priced for a limited time of 20% off, as a “Founder's Discount" of $19.99 USD. After the sale it will return to the launch price of $24.99 USD.

Reactions: Swenhir and lashman

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Looking forward to the newer Persona games, even if from what little I played of them, Persona 1 and 2 are probably far more interesting games. I should go back to them one day.

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Rumors are that Sony is big on moneyhatting next-gen. I hope they leave PC out of it.

I mean, if they plan on releasing some of their own games on PC, why keep PC from getting 3rd party games?

Reactions: Rogue Agent

BO7AMMOOD

Lucas isn't sure what to do anymore
Apr 18, 2019
I was hoping more for Persona 5 Royal to release on Steam since it looks so damn good, but I'll gladly take that Persona 4 Golden port...

for now [UWSL]👀[/UWSL]

I loved it so much when I played it on Vita back in the day, and got very far in it without actually finishing it. Would be great to see it finally untethered from that dying platform,

I haven't played FF 15 so I have nothing to say about it, but I agree that I find the story complaints about FF 13 sometimes weird.
(the ones that say it's incomprehensible because it uses a few unusual looking made up words. It's really not hard to understand what fal'Cie, l'Cie and Cie'th are)
I think it's definitely a flawed game though.
Yeah honestly the hyperbolic criticism of those FF13 terms is a little ridiculous. I played it 7 yeas ago and I still remember the meaning of each one of them despite having a terrible memory in general [UWSL]:shrugblob:[/UWSL]
Fwiw, I'm also usually someone who wants to experience everything in a game and gets anxious about missables, but it weirdly enough doesn't bother me too much in the Souls games.
I guess I just accepted that some of their optional stuff is just too convoluted for me to even want to bother and I'm happy just soaking in the atmosphere and play through them once - in a way it's even a bit liberating, lol.
Not saying you definitely need to play them or anything though.
No I definitely get you! I still feel like playing them one of those days. I'll probably end up looking a concise spoiler free guide for them, and if keeping up with the guide while playing proves to be too much of a hassle, then I'll just try to focus on enjoying what I do get to experience in the game instead of what I'm missing out on.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
According to FAQ from the official discord:
Thank you! Still pricey for me :(. I may wait and see what the reviews are after a few days first.

Rumors are that Sony is big on moneyhatting next-gen. I hope they leave PC out of it.

I mean, if they plan on releasing some of their own games on PC, why keep PC from getting 3rd party games?
That's a very crappy thing to do if right. I don't know where the rumor came from and I'm not too inclined to think too hard about it until it is confirmed. Working to actively relegate the PC to a second-class citizen as was the case during Gen7 would incur them a lot of hate I don't think they particularly need. Not that they even need to until SSD and mobo makers catch up.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018

These companies never encountered resistance when they first started chasing those deals. They became an accepted practice since fanboys everywhere cheered everytime other gamers couldn't play a game. They will keep doing them and fanboys will keep cheering even though it's certain that all of them will get screwed over by this. Luckily PC seems to be considered as something of a neutral ground so I don't expect much impact, although Sony has been quite scummy lately (Nier, Nioh etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.