Community MetaSteam | June 2020 - Month Of The Seal, With Many A Deal, Throw Money With Zeal, The Wallet Will Kneel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Yep same.
Usually there's at least one bundle that appeals to me in their Bundlefests so fingers crossed! 🤞
And if not there's still Hamble on Friday :p

Anyone any guesses what games there will be in the Choice?
(Probably a combination of some Game Pass stuff + maybe some previous Epic freebies + something else)

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
Some interesting observations, Dragon Quest Rivals and “Star Wars Battlefront III (Classic, 2019)” are in here. There’s 32 EA EULA’s and it seems like its ordered from Oldest to Newest (top of the list are old, bottom of the list are new entries)

DQ Rivals is a JP only Mobile/Switch card battler, So I guess they’re working on a PC port plus localization?

OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Some interesting observations, Dragon Quest Rivals and “Star Wars Battlefront III (Classic, 2019)” are in here.

DQ Rivals is a JP only Mobile/Switch card battler, So I guess they’re working on a PC port plus localization?
guess so, yeah

Rosenkrantz

Once Punched Man
Apr 22, 2019
Is Steam gives account specific discounts now? I was about to buy Monster Train and apparently have a discount on top of the store-wide discount (the usual 10% I believe). Cool.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Welp, time has come.
Should I be looking forward to the 6th assuming there would be no delays 👀
Is Steam gives account specific discounts now? I was about to buy Monster Train and apparently have a discount on top of the store-wide discount (the usual 10% I believe). Cool.
IIRC it is for also owning Slay the Spire. At least from I've read online ^^;

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
WELP

Here's your revolutionary Sega news, man.

ゲームギアミクロ | セガ

A Game Gear mini

Who asked for this???? Does anyone actually like the Game Gear???? I am so baffled by Sega's decision
Who asked for an SNES or NES Mini? :V
And yes there are fans of the Game Gear, impossible as it may be for you to comprehend. There are even fans of the Sega Master System too (Sega Mark Mini when?!)
I think this is a cute thing SEGA's done, but it could've been a lot better than what it is.

Not to sound like more of an ass than I already am in this post, but you really should not have put any kind of stock in whatever Famitsu was teasing to begin with. It's like being excited for an Atlus video stream event.

Nostalgia is a helluva drug. I should know. I spent $50 for a limited edition copy of Sakura Taisen, -- a 25 years old game -- some months ago. Still, I'm not silly enough to pay for a mini-console when a PC will do the job just as well (if not better).

Why not try to dig deep and to get the distribution rights organised for their back-catalogue (which is still a whole lot) available on PC? There's a reason why SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis Classics still selling like hotcakes even when there's no sale. The reason eludes me to this day.
Which reason? The Mega Drive collection still selling? Because there are fans of Mega Drive and retro games that don't mind re experiencing some of these older classics. A variety of them still hold up and even with some flaws, there were some neat ideas involved in their game design.
For example, Landstalker

Is a Legend of Zelda-like but with an isometric view.

Light Crusader

is kinda like a proto-Diablo at least in the concept of exploring an underground demon dungeon

Not to mention the other games in the collection such as Shinobi and the Shining series.

Rando10123

Sep 15, 2019
I think this is a cute thing SEGA's done, but it could've been a lot better than what it is.

Not to sound like more of an ass than I already am in this post, but you really should not have put any kind of stock in whatever Famitsu was teasing to begin with. It's like being excited for an Atlus video stream event.
To be fair, every journalist was hyping Sega up to make such a big announcement whether it's next gen gaming or something related to hardware, but in the end it turned out to be cloud gaming for arcades and this. I was expecting something like a Saturn mini which I would 100% get or a Dreamcast mini, but Game Gear usually has the worst versions of most Sega Genesis games. Plus I really dislike their business model that you need to get all colored Game Gears to get all the games. That's pretty garbage when they had the Genesis mini for a great price and 40 games.

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
Why not try to dig deep and to get the distribution rights organised for their back-catalogue (which is still a whole lot) available on PC? There's a reason why SEGA Mega Drive and Genesis Classics still selling like hotcakes even when there's no sale. The reason eludes me to this day.
Isn't it because the Classics collection is a weird fucking package where you buy the individual games but you're actually buying DLC and the main HUB game-thing so whenever people buy individual games for a dime they get the whole thing?

Either way there's a sale going on right now.

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
no one reads my posts :negative-blob:
it's not you, it's the game.

Konami is getting into publishing - Konami wants to publish your game – from indie to AA – with new third-party publishing unit launched | Business News | MCV/DEVELOP

First game - Skelattack - is already out on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and Steam.
Of course it's region locked. Is there a particular reason most of Konami games on steam aren't available in Asian region? Other than incompetence?
This is their full games list that's available on my region.

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
Is there a good ps1 style graphics game on steam? I know about the Haunted PS1 Demo Disc a while back but is there anything out on steam that's good/decent?

Lost in Vivo is likely my fave 32-bit style Steam release. It's kind of a hybrid though where some assets are def 32-bit while others look more PS2 style. Still though, if you've ever wondered what Silent Hill would be like in first-person, this one's for you. Meaty campaign too, running 2X/3X the average length of these type of games.

Paratopic is another great PS1 throwback release. The editing is super-weird in an awesome fever dream kinda way. Made by an Era contributor to boot.

Just started playing BT, but I'm really enjoying it so far. RE style fixed camera and a super strange sci/fi story.

I hope Fanatical will come up with better bundles (at least for me). So far this and Kingslayer bundles aren't for me
I bought the latest one for Expedition: Vikings alone. Been waiting for a good price on it. Grid 2019 was a nice bonus I guess.

no one reads my posts :negative-blob:
Did someone just say something?

lazerfox

Alpine Flower Boy
Dec 31, 2018
Switzerland
Anyone any guesses what games there will be in the Choice?
(Probably a combination of some Game Pass stuff + maybe some previous Epic freebies + something else)
I'm hoping for either Vampyr or Plague Tale for the big titles.

As for the indies, I wouldn't say no to VA-11 Hall-A or Far: Lone Sails

I just hope it's better than the last month which made me pause for the first time in a year.

Reactions: Ascheroth

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
Lost in Vivo is likely my fave 32-bit style Steam release. It's kind of a hybrid though where some assets are def 32-bit while others look more PS2 style. Still though, if you've ever wondered what Silent Hill would be like in first-person, this one's for you. Meaty campaign too, running 2X/3X the average length of these type of games.

Paratopic is another great PS1 throwback release. The editing is super-weird in an awesome fever dream kinda way. Made by an Era contributor to boot.

Just started playing BT, but I'm really enjoying it so far. RE style fixed camera and a super strange sci/fi story.
Thx for the recommendation. I guess the 32-bit style struck a chord with the horror genre of indie games. Found these games too, Maybe I'll pick all of these up on the next sale.

Reactions: BO7AMMOOD

Tizoc

Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
To be fair, every journalist was hyping Sega up to make such a big announcement whether it's next gen gaming or something related to hardware, but in the end it turned out to be cloud gaming for arcades and this.
That's another thing, though it's mostly a bias on my end: I don't put much faith into what journos say since in this case they didn't know shit and with how starved they are for info, will make anything into a big deal :V
I was expecting something like a Saturn mini which I would 100% get or a Dreamcast mini, but Game Gear usually has the worst versions of most Sega Genesis games. Plus I really dislike their business model that you need to get all colored Game Gears to get all the games. That's pretty garbage when they had the Genesis mini for a great price and 40 games.
This does make me wonder if either of those are possible! I wouldn't mind a Saturn mini, and I really should play it or a Saturn game, because I know Segata Sanshiro is waiting for me in the afterlife to judo toss me into a disintegrating explosion.

Konami is getting into publishing - Konami wants to publish your game – from indie to AA – with new third-party publishing unit launched | Business News | MCV/DEVELOP

First game - Skelattack - is already out on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and Steam.
This isn't their first published game though.

Reactions: Panda Pedinte

ezodagrom

JELLYBEE
Nov 2, 2018
Portugal
www.youtube.com
The famitsu scoop was about the arcades "fog computing" service SEGA is working on, which I guess for Japan could be big news? With how popular arcades still are.

Reactions: Rando10123

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I'm hoping for either Vampyr or Plague Tale for the big titles.

As for the indies, I wouldn't say no to VA-11 Hall-A or Far: Lone Sails

I just hope it's better than the last month which made me pause for the first time in a year.
VA-11 Hall-A was in a regular bundle, so unlikely. 3 years ago though, so they might eventually recycle it like X-COM 2.
I wouldn't mind Vampyr of Plague Tale either. I also keep thinking of Bloodstained eventually showing up in a bundle.
And Forager any month now I guess (Humble published and over a year old by now).

Last month was worth it for MO: Astray and Horace alone for me, the only I paused so far was the January one (Graveyard Keeper, Two Point Hospital, etc.)
I think they've been pretty consistent with their quality, but of couse not every game/genre appeals to everyone and sometimes you just have a bundle like that.

Reactions: lazerfox

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I'm not a fan of Gamepass unfortunately :/. But that would have been a very good solution otherwise! Thanks.
If there is cross store multiplayer I could see myself playing it. But I'm not a talker, not sure the game would be fun that way.

Reactions: Swenhir

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
I would have gotten Sea of Thieves as I had a lot of fun with it 2 years ago or so, but Im very busy with other games and Satisfactory is out on monday which will take a lot of my time, so for now it will have to wait.

No need to buy games the moment they release unless im 100% sure I will actually play them. Did it before, but stopped and it has saved me a ton of money.

Mor

Me llamo Willy y no hice la mili, pero vendo Chili
Sep 7, 2018
Turns out Satisfactory is going to use Epic Online Services for the steam version. Supposedly only uses your steam ID.
how so? they turned on the steam services for MP cross-platform and steam cloud saves.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
Turns out Satisfactory is going to use Epic Online Services for the steam version. Supposedly only uses your steam ID.
It uses a SteamID to log the user into the service online, or would the user need to install the EGS client and link his SteamID to it?

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
how so? they turned on the steam services for MP cross-platform and steam cloud saves.
They said it. Check the steam forums, a dev is actually responding.

[developer] [UWSL]1 hour ago [/UWSL]

Yeah like mentioned above the only data point is your steam id to establish a peer-to-peer connection and for this we're using epic online services. The reason for this is that this system enables cross-play, we don't need to maintain two separate APIs, and it included work needed for dedicated servers as well.

You don't need to create an epic account or download the epic launcher to play online.

Reactions: Mor

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
The problem with Epic Online Services, for me, is that is probably tied with Fortnite, if that thing goes down, will take every game that uses iEOS with it. Everytime something happens in Fortnite EGS freaks out.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
The problem with Epic Online Services, for me, is that is probably tied with Fortnite, if that thing goes down, will take every game that uses iEOS with it. Everytime something happens in Fortnite EGS freaks out.
Isn't it same thing for Steam? If Steam goes down, nobody can log in to it and/or play games that require Steam api.

For example I wasn't able to play Hitman when steam is down

TioChuck

More Yellow 🤷‍♂️
Dec 31, 2018
Isn't it same thing for Steam? If Steam goes down, nobody can log in to it and/or play games that require Steam api.

For example I wasn't able to play Hitman when steam is down
Yes, but how regularly a single game crashes Steam? I don´t dislike EOS, far from it, I think its great, I have a problem with how much its tied to a single game, and if said game is capaple of bringing the whole system down.

Deku

Just nothing
Oct 19, 2018
20XX
www.seikens.com
Yes, but how regularly a single game crashes Steam? I don´t dislike EOS, far from it, I think its great, I have a problem with how much its tied to a single game, and if said game is capaple of bringing the whole system down.
[UWSL]If a game brings down a whole system, then it's different [/UWSL]

Status
Not open for further replies.