Community MetaSteam | June 2020 - Month Of The Seal, With Many A Deal, Throw Money With Zeal, The Wallet Will Kneel

Status
Not open for further replies.

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
Valkyria Chronicles is badass. It took me a few attempts to really "get it", but once it clicked with me I fell in love with the series. I'd obviously recommend Persona 4 Golden too.

I actually think those two are both excellent and very accessible anime RPGs.

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
I didn't know itad had a hand-picked indie tips section. Might be worth a try if you are looking for more indie games and might have missed some of them past years. Also they have a recommended to you section based on your current collection and wishlist data gathered from you.

There are many well-known games on the list but just as I said again you might want to look for more or missed some.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
The only true anime game I'll allow is Skies of Arcadia. After that, you can go back and ignore every other anime.

Trails and VC suggestions are but poor derivative options from the ONE TRUE game.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
I was just messing with the community market again to make some money for the sale, and I can now see how much I made over the years:

Yeah, Steam is pretty good.
Welp. I have gotten a lot more than I thought from market.

(Also this is Augemented Steam feature).

Reactions: Tomasety

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Welp. I have gotten a lot more than I thought from market.

(Also this is Augemented Steam feature).
It can be misleading. For instance, I have gotten Dota 2 items, along with Valve clothes, which I have then sold on the market. That means I paid with money on my bank account and recouped money on my Steam wallet. That sounds like a profit if I only consider the Steam Wallet, but it is actually roughly neutral on average.

In total, my net gain is supposed to be 200 €, but it is certainly not.
Especially considering that I have not tried to sell the most expensive Dota2 item yet, so the cost of this item has not yet been recouped.

Last edited:

Tomasety

MetaEyesMember
Jun 8, 2020
Humble Nacon Publisher Bundle

Pretty decent tiers 1 and 2.
I remember enjoying Aarklash and Of Orcs and Men quite a bit 5 or 6 years ago, although I don't know how well they hold to today's standards.
I just wished Humble could link proper steam store pages for each of the showcased games. I get its good and fair to put a link for pub and dev sites but no link for steam store pages is in my opinion unconvinient. I have a terrible memory due to medication. I will try to send my feedback to Humble support so they may add them in the future

Also, thanks for the heads up.

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I'm about to reach the 50 hour mark with no end in sight and Enderal has been god damn fantastic.

Exploration is such a joy in this game and the story and quests are excellent too.
It is really, really good.
Better than Skyrim, the more Gothic-like sensibilities like fixed loot and ennemies make it very fun (though the class system railroads you too much into archetypes for my liking).

If you like Enderal, don't forget Nehrim, another conversion mod for Oblivion by the same team:

It's a bit less polished, and Oblivion is a bit jank to begin with, but I like the atmosphere even more in this one.

fearthedawn

Apr 19, 2019
It can be misleading. For instance, I have gotten Dota 2 items, along with Valve clothes, which I have then sold on the market. That means I paid with money on my bank account and recouped money on my Steam wallet. That sounds like a profit if I only consider the Steam Wallet, but it is actually roughly neutral on average.

In total, my net gain is supposed to be 200 €, but it is certainly not.
Especially considering that I have not tried to sell the most expensive Dota2 item yet, so the cost of this item has not yet been recouped.
after seeing this:

i went into my history and had a look, i spent 320€ on artifact + extra packs and tickets that it obviously doesn't show and got ~385€ back from selling the cards on the market and that's just from a couple weeks of playing a lot of draft in artifact, those trading a lot must have crazy stats

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
It can be misleading. For instance, I have gotten Dota 2 items, along with Valve clothes, which I have then sold on the market. That means I paid with money on my bank account and recouped money on my Steam wallet. That sounds like a profit but it should be roughly neutral on average.

In total, my net gain is supposed to be 200 €, but it is certainly not. Especially considering that I have not tried to sell the most expensive item yet.
I took that into account :p

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
As it happens I do own Valkyria Chronicles. I bought it to show my support for Sega's porting efforts. Should I start with that?
I would +1 for Valkyria Chronicles. Its got a good fun game mechanic where it's sort of turn based and its got some squad mechanics. Its about as close to anime is i would want to tread and so you should be ok and not succumb to the dark side of this forum.

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
I'm eyeing scarlet saga from the last sale, so I hope it will be on sale this thursday.

Also, I always forget who are the lovers of deck-building games such as myself, but I've recently discovered that they have released the Tainted Grail digital adaptation, and instead of being a copy of the boardgame, it seems to be more like Slay the spire:

Reactions: Alexandros

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Valkyria Chronicles 4 is also a pretty good game. It has a lot of interesting maps with varying strategies, and while it's practically VC1 with improvements, I don't see it as a bad thing.

Sure, it has an onsen mission and a beach mission which comes with its own trappings and therefore it caught a lot of flak because of it, but the strategy layer is solid (and still can be broken if you're into min-maxing).

Also, the PC port is solid. Constant frametimes, 200% supersampling, etc.

texhnolyze

Child at heart
Oct 19, 2018
Indonesia
I use Steam Economy Enhancer with tampermonkey on Chrome, it enables options to sell cards and items for the highest buy order all at once.
Cool, thanks. It works.

Seem I missed this, but YS VIII just recently got a price drop. And with the current discount it's pretty cheap in a lot of regions. I remember that there was a big patch a few months ago, addressing the main issues with the port. I might actually pick it up.

Last edited:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
As bad as the movie was, that demo seems to show some promise. WB needs to get its act together
Especially considering what it was running on! That was pretty impressive even accounting for the fact the budget seemed to be spent on very small environments. The Balrog camera pan was so darn smooth.

FunnyJay