Community MetaSteam | June 2020 - Month Of The Seal, With Many A Deal, Throw Money With Zeal, The Wallet Will Kneel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I have purchased many games (GTA IV, Oblivion, Prince of Persia Sands of Time, Batman TellTale games, the cheap Waking Dead TellTale game which I was missing). I have also purchased cheap games like Legacy of Dorn (a game-book to be removed because of license expiration), Sonic Generations, Treasure Adventure World, Then I have converted the rest of my Wallet to gems.

In hindsight, it was more or less the initial plan, except that I did not get Druidstone and Trine 4 because of the risk that they appear in a bundle soon.

Last edited:

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Taking a trip down ye olde lane, and playing XIII on GOG

You can tell it's a game from 17 years ago, and it's actually quite tough, due to the lack of regen health and checkpoint saves.
It's a straight forward no frills shooter and in that regard holds up.

But gotta say, David Duchovny sounds so bored =/

Reactions: lashman

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
Why are you assigning the value of True to a variable named true? Double equals signs, damnit! 😀
Obviously the syntax is different. Also, true on the LHS is a variable. { defines a lambda... and well, you don't want to know the rest. Sorry, that's just the semantics.

Reactions: QFNS

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019
I guess Samurai Shodown's netcode is so bad, people are setting up Parsec on AWS instead. https://twitter.com/search?q=samsho parsec&src=typed_query&f=live

I hope they can take their Epic money and put it towards competent netcode.
Narrator: They won't and KOFXV netcode will also be shit.

They've been putting rollback on their rereleases for years now and yet we got Samsho 2019. Whoever is in charge of modern games doesn't give a fuck.

Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Okay, finished my haul:

Metro Exodus Season Pass
The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners Standard Edition
Darksiders Genesis
Curse of the Dead Gods
ScourgeBringer
Lonely Mountains: Downhill
Descenders
SEUM: Speedrunners from Hell
Master of Magic
Tamashii
Sea Salt
Lost in Vivo
Aztez
Crysis® 3 Digital Deluxe Edition
Titanfall® 2: Ultimate Edition
DARQ
SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech
Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark
Gunfire Reborn
DiRT Rally 2.0 Game of the Year Edition
GUILTY GEAR XX ACCENT CORE PLUS R
Hardspace: Shipbreaker
Sea of Thieves
PUSS!
World to the West
The Hex
The Adventure Pals
Color Guardians
A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build
Ultimate General: Gettysburg
Totally Accurate Battle Simulator
Don't Starve: Hamlet
Hot Lava
Don't Starve Together: Starter Pack 2019
UnderMine
Deep Sky Derelicts
Beholder 2
Stela
Lichtspeer: Double Speer Edition
JYDGE
Rise to Ruins
Beholder - Blissful Sleep
Underhero
Rabi-Ribi
Whispers of a Machine
Thea: The Awakening
Battle Planet - Judgement Day
SiN
MUSYNX
Bloons TD 6
Paradigm
Sagebrush
Secret Little Haven
Slipstream
Avernum 3: Ruined World
Vaporum

Line

meh
Dec 21, 2018
I'd like to play a shortish RPG of some sort, but I dunno what.
So I haven't bought anything because I don't have much time beside some Nehrim anyway.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Went through this last week. I must say, it was less annoying than I expected it to be as all mayor cables seem to be in similar positions today like SATA ports, ATX power, CPU fans etc.
Cable routing is the most annoying part imo.
All done and went better than the pessimist in me expected. I got some fan extension cables coming because I shortened some of mine and the connectors won't reach now,

I did prep for a reinstall, but my old W10 install is working just fine so far which makes me happy, I think this is the third mobo this W10 install has been on and 3 different CPUs, including a change from Intel to AMD.

ISee

Oh_no!
Mar 1, 2019
I did prep for a reinstall, but my old W10 install is working just fine so far which makes me happy, I think this is the third mobo this W10 install has been on and 3 different CPUs, including a change from Intel to AMD.
Working is one thing, but at this point you are leaving performance behind.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
nope
I can't even see if there is anywhere the points are counted up yet.
I'm sure it's shown elsewhere in profile or account details ( probably ) but if you look at the badges in your profile you should have two that look like red wax seals. One is for the number of times you've given points out and one for the number of times people have given you points.

Reactions: xxr

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
EdwardTivrusky Monooboe Ya, I know about that part. I saw something on the discord that showed exactly which review/screenshot etc... the award was for but it turns out that was an email for each one and it was getting out of hand so steam turned off sending an email everytime.

Reactions: Le Pertti

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I figured you meant a more detailed overview just after i posted my comment. :D
I've no idea if they've exposed the numbers/breakdown or any details yet. I expect it'll be something that is worked on and released in the next update.

bobnowhere

Careful Icarus
Sep 20, 2018
I figured you meant a more detailed overview just after i posted my comment. :D
I've no idea if they've exposed the numbers/breakdown or any details yet. I expect it'll be something that is worked on and released in the next update.
Yep, I assume at some point they will add it to the points history page, you are due x point on this date...

Anyway, started playing updated Bulletstorm today and I'm already near to halfway through but I just found out I could have played the entire thing as Duke Nuken for 91 cents and now I'm just sad.

Reactions: Tomasety

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Just how demanding is Greedfall? Screen looks great! But recommended GPU is 980 and thats pretty weak sauce, so that I might actually be able to run it?
If you play on KB&M, be warned that it's a really rough experience.

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
i need some of that tycoon games: planet coaster or two point hospital?
IMO Two Point Hospital is a MUCH better game, in that it has a lot more gameplay loops of significance. Planet Coaster is more a sandbox make your dream park thing, without a lot of gameplay mechanics shaping your decisions.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
There is also Parkitect

Although I own it, I not got around to playing Planet Coaster because their DLC policy comes across as far too greedy for my liking.

Had hours of fun out of Parkitect though.
This game seems more in like with a regular tycoon type of games, where with Planet coaster it's more of a "coaster sim" than a tycoon game where you can manage different aspects of your park. Planet Zoo is a better Tycoon game. But it does suck how they could not have added both of them together since it would have been sort of like RCT3, Which Frontier also worked on.

Is the DLC worth it for Parkitect? Since I think I may pick it up for this sale.
yes ... yes, it is! :)
Too bad that TF1 MP > TF2 MP

there I said it

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
I also pretty much finalized my purchases unless something unexpected happens and have been playing some of them already.
I'm probably jinxing myself here, but I doubt any of the things I bought end up in the Choice on Friday :p

Reactions: Yoshi

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
I did not expect Batman TellTale games to be 33 GB and 19 GB, and the Walking Dead game to be 16 GB. I have been spoilt by Geforce Now.

Edit: in comparison, the complete edition of GTA IV is 23 GB.

Last edited:
Reactions: ISee

FunnyJay