Community MetaSteam | June 2020 - Month Of The Seal, With Many A Deal, Throw Money With Zeal, The Wallet Will Kneel

Status
Not open for further replies.

inky

🤔
Apr 17, 2019
Just Apex. From then on it's new releases I think. Madden at the end of August, etc.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Blasphemy! This statement is logically, factually and scientifically incorrect.

Also...

Check mate, mate :face-savouring-delicious-food:
One, this is metacouncil, anime is reviled here. This is factually correct and the suckage of anime measured with finely-tuned instruments..
Also, if you're going to post LiS anime fan works, come on now:

Love is Strange by Team Rumblebee

😀

Anyway, am looking to find games for my wife during the sale and she enjoys games in genres I generally suck, [hidden]like anime[/hidden] at and know nothing about. She really enjoyed playing the ski resort and donut factory games during the recent demo event, but aside from factorio and satisfactory, I dont know other games she may like that have a decent price tags (I own a couple of the C,S,D games, and have been told about Overcooked. by a friend).

Can meta help a councilor out? They can even be anime (booo!) games if it there are entries in those genres you guys recommend. I just don't know base building/tycoon games for shit anymore

Myradeer

Rayon de Soleil
Apr 17, 2019
Point store layout is almost Epic level of poor organization. I'm trying to buy background from specific game, and apparently there's no search so I have to keep rolling down to bottom of the list to make few more games show up - which is a pain when you have more than hundreds of games.

xxr

Member of the Abyss
Dec 21, 2018
Point store layout is almost Epic level of poor organization. I'm trying to buy background from specific game, and apparently there's no search so I have to keep rolling down to bottom of the list to make few more games show up - which is a pain when you have more than hundreds of games.
You can actually search for a specific game, it's just hidden for some reason. Hover your mouse around this area to find the filter-button:

xinek

日本語が苦手
Apr 17, 2019
Finally got my first Covenant 25 win in Monster Train. :coffee-blob: The run ended up being pretty weird too. Took a space and energy upgrade, only got 4 relics, and only had three stewards left by endgame. It was also the first time I got Deranged Brute to work, so that was fun. My Hornbreaker Prince was doing something like 413x3 by the time Seraph stepped into his car.

Getting here took 58 hours, so it's quite a bit easier than Slay the Spire, which I think took over 200 for my first A20 win. Really fun game, but I'm not sure if I'm going to bother trying to C25 with the other clans. It feels like getting better is going to depend on my willingness to make or look up spreadsheets detailing things like the exact number of rounds fights go and what types of spawn layouts are possible. It definitely feels like I could improve a ton, but I'm not sure it'd be all that fun to do. Still, amazing game. Best deckbuilder since StS.
I just picked this up due to the amazing 10% off sale going on. I've played a lot of StS, but after one game, Monster Train seems amazingly complicated. Although, i seem to remember StS being that way at first before I learned how to play it. There's also zero tutorial! Thanks for this writeup, it's good to know there's a lot to look forward to.
[...] but if there is actually people who said Yakuza series isn't anime, they are probably lying to themselves. :dana_blanket:

And most likely weebs of the highest order.
Hey, how do I dislike a post?

MonthOLDpickle

我會打敗你!!
Oct 31, 2018
Taiwan
I am in a place with barely working internet.

Do you only get one card from doing the discovery queue per day?

Is the discount for spending X amount stackable (as in if you spend enough)?

Does the badge you use points on increase your stem profile experience?

Rogue Agent

Takes too damn long to finish games
Apr 4, 2019
I have to give the Eagle Island devs props for the options included in the game. There are a bunch of accessibility options, as well as stuff like this

I wish more games gave you the choice. It's nice.
That's really cool. If more games did this, there'd be no need for those display prompts mods.

Reactions: ISee and Nabs

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Reactions: Tomasety

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
I am in a place with barely working internet.

Do you only get one card from doing the discovery queue per day?

Does the badge you use points on increase your stem profile experience?
Badge gives profile XP for your steam level, yes.

You only get 1 card per day.

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Yes, only one card per day.

No, it is not unfortunately.

Yes, consequently it will increase your Steam profile level.
Did that change for this sale? I read through the instructions, but it didnt seem to mention that change

Kvik

Crossbell City Councillor
Dec 6, 2018
Downunder.
Did that change for this sale? I read through the instructions, but it didnt seem to mention that change
Yeah, they changed the rules for this year's sale.

For the card drop, it was mentioned at the end of the discovery queue that you can only get 1 card (come back tomorrow)

For the discount coupon, it was mentioned in the banner although the wording didn't make it immediately obvious.

For the XP boost from Points Badge, it was mentioned when you click any of the badge levels in the Points store.

Frankly last year's coupon mechanics was much better, since it drives people to spend more to get tokens and redeem it for Discount coupons, which are stackable. It was a vicious cycle, and I did spent more than I should have.

• Love
Reactions: Tomasety

gabbo

MetaMember
Dec 22, 2018
Toronto
Yeah, they changed the rules for this year's sale.
Well, i myself like cards, and want my other two cards dammit :(
Oh well, now just hoping to see if anyone has any recommendations for management/tycoon games, since you guys know them better than I

Reactions: Kvik

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Some people still buy emoticons.

Gem price is still stuck at 0.32€/sack. If it does not reach values below 0.30€/sack, I might not reinvest some of my Steam wallet into gems. Too risky.
Edit: I have bought 15 sacks at 0.34 € each, just to be safe. :lul:

Aside from that, cards are easy to sell: I have noticed a surge of purchases after the sales started, and it is still going on. Even foil cards.

Last edited:

FunnyJay