Community MetaSteam | June 2021 - Alex Kidd in Monetary Mishandling Management DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alextended

Segata's Disciple
Jan 28, 2019
Looked pretty good to me. A bit blurrier but if it also takes care of jaggies like TAA I'm good. That one image going around is not ultra quality & has motion blur. And sure things like the RE interlaced rendering or Ubisoft's thing in their games are good too. If this gets us many more games with such a setting it's all good.

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
I need to see actual proper direct non compressed comparisons that don't have motion blur to really judge FSR in the end.

Prodigy

Sleeper must awaken
Dec 9, 2018
Looked pretty good to me. A bit blurrier but if it also takes care of jaggies like TAA I'm good. That one image going around is not ultra quality & has motion blur. And sure things like the RE interlaced rendering or Ubisoft's thing in their games are good too. If this gets us many more games with such a setting it's all good.
It looks like the resolution has just been dropped to me, which is bad considering its from a youtube video and that should make it less notable than a native image. It also isn't some easy on and off switch, it will have to be implemented into each game and it looks like UE will do the job better.
I suppose it's just a matter of waiting to see it properly, but I'm just not holding my breath on it.

• This!
Reactions: Valdien and lashman
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
Thanks as always @lashman
Great thread lashman
New thread smell, etc. Great work as always @lashman and contributors.
New thread :blobeyes: Thanks @lashman :cat-heart-blob:
Thanks for the hard work as always, @lashman !
Thanks for the thread, @lashman , looking good!
Thank you for the thread @lashman!
New thread! Great work as usual @lashman !
New month, new thread (great work as always!) and Choice day.
Great thread lashman! :blobhug:
Great thread @lashman !
Cheers for the new thread @lashman .
Thanks for the thread @lashman
Thanks for the thread @lashman
Thanks for the thread lashman
thanks everyone ... you're the bestest! really means a lot!

:wd_heart:

Thanks again @lashman

Really enjoy these threads even though I lurk more than I post.:cat-heart-blob:
It's like my online home for a month at a time
always good to see your posts :blobhug:

Cool 🧵

steamthread / thesteamthread dot com forwarded for my fellow lazies
thanks as always .... much appreciated! :photoblobheart:

Oh hey, for once I already did the thing! @lashman
congrats! :) added

Hope to see lots of anime at E3 events
:blobnoanime:

wait what's Animal Crossing doing in a PC thread.... oh
you're welcome ;)

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
100 posts already! this thread moves fast, terrific to be a part of such a great little community.

Thanks so much lashman for putting the work in on these threads.

This month i am back playing Cities Skylines for a bit and then hopefully some VR stuff but its getting very hot in my flat which sucks for VR.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Gave Necromund Hired Guns a try in my lunch break.

Pleasantly surprised. It is a fairly decent doom clone (modern) with some Titanfall mechanics. The run and gun nature of the game is pretty cool. You are encouraged to always be on the move. It is a mixture of corridors and then open arenas. There are a few paths you can follow that will allow you to take slightly different approaches.

The cyber mastif is a bit meh. It's a heatseaking attack with slightly dodgy AI. You summon the dog who just materialises next to you. Then point a target out and the dog "should" go after it. I say should, it sometimes doesn't want to. If I was being generous I would say that is probably the best AI ever, my Mum and Dads Old English has a habbit of acting the same way. However I believe it needs a bit more work.

Gun sounds are better than the previous trailers appeared to have them set to.

Menu management is a pain in the arse and there is only limited space with no comparisons to show stats on the new weapons vs eqipped weapons.

However there are two caveats to all of the above.

First, I have only played the opening level. I am hoping to get an hour or two tonight.

Secondly, I am a big fan of the tabletop game. I run a Genestealer Cult gang with a Goliath Gang waiting to be painted (amongst others). So there is a little bit of fanboy goggles on at the moment.

Kyougar

No reviews, no Buy
Nov 2, 2018
nearly ragequit CK3 yesterday.

was playing for 30 or 40 hours into my ironman game when I got a sudden game over after my ruler died. I had 200 living members of my Dynasty sons and daughters who were heirs and no previous alerts that my rule would end with my death.

Thankfully, the auto cloud save was 10 days away and I could crash CK3 and reload from a few days before that, tried it 3 times and everytime it was a game over. My heir that was shown as my heir previous to my death even had all my titles etc. but I could only spectate after my rulers death.

I tried something different on my 4th try and disinherited my first heir.
That solved it, but there was still some wonkyness going on. i lost the Dynasty head title to one of my side-families, which I got back 2 months later.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Honestly, I am not impressed with FSR, I have seen better techniques from developers themselves.
From what I read it's a single-screen-only (non-temporal) technique.
If that is true, there's basically no way it won't suck even compared to engine-level hardware-independent temporal upsampling techniques, never mind DLSS 2.0.
There's just no replacement for having multiple samples to work with (even when they are from different points in time).

I guess an advantage would be potential ease of integration.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
Any bets on what humble has in store for us today? Will we finally get A Plague Tale?

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
That, maybe Greedfall, maybe Bloodstained? Surge 2?
I can see Greedfall since we got Elex and Outward recently and it fits in the same genre.
Surge 2 might still be a bit too new and Bloodstained, iirc, never got below 20$ yet but I'd love to be wrong.

I think Banner Saga 3 is a good contender for a spot.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
I want to play a crunchy CRPG.
But I don't want to suffer through a tutorial (unlikely in that genre). And I don't want to create a party for 2 hours. agonizing over portraits, stats and skill. I'm fucked.
I said Wasteland 2 was far too long, but beware what you wish for I guess.

Surge 2 might still be a bit too new
I don't know, Surge 2 is already sub-10 euros on cdkeys, looks like it's ready.

Panda Pedinte

Best Sig Maker on the board!
Sep 20, 2018
I want to play a crunchy CRPG.
But I don't want to suffer through a tutorial (unlikely in that genre). And I don't want to create a party for 2 hours. agonizing over portraits, stats and skill. I'm fucked.
I said Wasteland 2 was far too long, but beware what you wish for I guess.

I don't know, Surge 2 is already sub-10 euros on cdkeys, looks like it's ready.
Disco Elysium

Reactions: Aaron D. and Li Kao

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
Just Scarlet Nexus for me this month, and even then I may wait for a sale.

This has been a surprisingly quiet year so far imo, but then again I have also been trying to focus more on game pass and my backlog, and less so on "keeping up with" new releases, so I can't really complain :p

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
I think this is the least excited about E3 that I can remember? Getting old (and gaming burnout to a degree) sucks
I'm not sure this has to do with getting old. For me it's rather the huge amount of existing games I still want to play, in combination with the shitty business practices and monetization models that became the norm in the past few years. This makes it hard to be exciting for upcoming games for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.