Community MetaSteam | June 2021 - Alex Kidd in Monetary Mishandling Management DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vantr

Feb 15, 2021
Yay new thread. Thanks lashman.

Been busy with work so going through my progress in games has been slow but finally got around to playing RE2 and I'm almost done with the main story. I have a tendency to avoid horror in general but RE2 has been pretty enjoyable so far I'll probably pick up RE7/8 down the line.

Looks like anime on lives this month since I'll be picking up Scarlet Nexus and maybe GG:Strive even though I'm horrible at fighting games. D&D: Dark Alliance looks tempting with it being pretty cheap on CDKeys.

• Hug
Reactions: lashman

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
Necromunda Hired Gun has been a blast so far (5 hours in). The movement system is fantastic, and weapons feel mostly great (you get to choose which weapons you prefer to carry into missions, so you can just leave the ones you don't like :D ). The glory kill system can be kinda abused, but this is a SP game, so I don't really have an issue with that.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Ikenfell. All according to plan.

Happy to see paw paw paw in there (it has the best animated Steam profile frame). Kind of interested in Effie. Sad about Disjunction being GOG only.

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Civ VI is the platinum edition.

Also, look at that paw paw frame.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
I got lucky that my 6 months for 6$ Choice promo passed so i can pause subscription this month XD

Ascheroth

Chilling in the Megastructure
Nov 12, 2018
Hm, that seems like a pause.
I guess that's a good thing cause it's not like I'd have time to play new games anyway :steam_pigblanket:

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Oh, by the way, I have a question for our Meta members in Asia, maybe Hong-Kong.
I noticed that over the last few years my nickname becomes a no-go in more and more new gachas. Like ‘not a correct term’ no-go.

So my question is, well why :tightly-closed-eyes:
Is it the name of a famous dissident ? Do Asian dev hate Barry Hughart ? So many quetrions.
Cacher

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
Necromunda Hired Gun has been a blast so far (5 hours in). The movement system is fantastic, and weapons feel mostly great (you get to choose which weapons you prefer to carry into missions, so you can just leave the ones you don't like :D ). The glory kill system can be kinda abused, but this is a SP game, so I don't really have an issue with that.
Yeah, just finished the second mission in the game and really enjoying it so far. Love the grapling gun, but keep forgetting to use it on enemies though.

I only have 2 issues so far. I find reading where enemies are can be quite difficult at the moment. Although I believe there is an upgrade that helps with that.

Also the feedback on when you are getting hit can be a bit underwhelming and easy to miss. Until you get low that is.

But, yeah, loving the game so far.

Reactions: Li Kao

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
I'll be getting the bundle since there's a lot of stuff there that I like but it's weird that Disjunction is GOG only...
It's also sucky that "Platinum Edition" isn't a synonym of "complete edition" and if I want to play as my country/civ I'll need to buy the missing dlc

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020

I think this is the game where you use your belt as a hook.
I think I'm over retro-FPS games using hand-drawn 2D sprites for enemies. They always look terrible without software rendering (though I don't know why that is), every one of them seems to enable vertical mouse look to make the effect worse, and since they're using hand-drawn sprites with a retro aesthetic instead of the photographed model approach that Doom used, they look completely out of place in a 3D space. On top of all that, none of them use the lower fidelity to up the enemy count, so it feels like it's done out of a misguided attempt to ape Doom/Build Engine stuff (or an attempt to build the games more cheaply), and not an attempt to push for a different gameplay style.

This Strange Realm of Mine, Nightmare Reaper, Viscerafest, and now this have all done it, and with each new game I find the aesthetic more unappealing.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Remembered I still have that promo from last month that and my next two months will be discounted, unless I pause which voids it IIRC. So yeah, just went for it. The bundle is shit but 9$ for both Civ VI expansion is a better deal than I'm ever likely to get for them otherwise.

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
Dang
All this distaste towards indie games
You hate to see it
I play more indie games than AAA, but the majority of games in today's Humble Monthly doesn't appeal to me.

Only Going Under looks like my cup of tea. If anyone wants to sell this key please pm me.

madjoki

👀 I see you
Sep 19, 2018
Since $6 coupon worked for 7th month, ended up getting bundle. Hopefully new one soon.

thistestnow

*doom noises*
Feb 16, 2021
Fuck the final boss in Ancient Gods Part 2, even with cheats on it was bullshit.
Final boss is just straight bad.

I didn't find it hard at all but its just straight bad design.
Stand close and let it try to hit you but not to close or it wont flash green but not to far or it will do other attacks.

Rinse repeat for 5 health bars, so boring.

Reactions: Swenhir
Status
Not open for further replies.