Community MetaSteam | June 2021 - Alex Kidd in Monetary Mishandling Management DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I pretty much only play indie games nowadays (or AA games?) and this month is an easy pass for me. There are like 3-4 where I might give them a shot if I was getting the bundle anyway but otherwise nah.

r3n4ud

Dr. Boom Boom
Oct 17, 2018
I pretty much have everything in this months Choice, but I find it’s a pretty darn good month nonetheless

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I wonder if FO76 will get less cashgrabby under Microsoft's purview, considering it was probably meant to try and keep Bethesda afloat while they made Starfield and TES6.

Speaking of Microsoft, allegedly their E3 presentation is gonna be multiplayer focused. Boo.

rybrad

Apr 22, 2019
Always interesting to see the different opinions on Humble Choice but this one is a definite pause for me. I have been subscribed since they started and both times I have paused have been this year. Also, that is pretty lame about the Gog key; it's good to have options but I'll be ignoring the game and dev going forward as I don't like the potential precedent this sets. Should just do it like in the past with picking the key you want.

Reactions: lashman

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Picked this up, got to be worth a tenner, right?

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
Man Cities Skylines highlights my weird need for perfectionism. Maybe its OCD but i keep getting a reasonable sized city, about 25k and then think nah, i want it better and re-starting.

I got fed up of having limited buildings at the start so now what i do is just get a decent amount of money saved and then using a mod bulldoze the whole city and start again. I know its weird coz you can just build with no money constraints from the off but i do like the progress element to the game and want that to continue.

Ive got it running now whilst i watch tele to build up around 5million spondooles and then ill re-start Spangleton for the 3rd or 4th time this week.

send help.

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
Yeah, just finished the second mission in the game and really enjoying it so far. Love the grapling gun, but keep forgetting to use it on enemies though.

I only have 2 issues so far. I find reading where enemies are can be quite difficult at the moment. Although I believe there is an upgrade that helps with that.

Also the feedback on when you are getting hit can be a bit underwhelming and easy to miss. Until you get low that is.

But, yeah, loving the game so far.
Yeah, hit feedback is kinda missing, and the game seems VERY geared towards using the executions (up to the point where you can beat a few maps with just that :D ). Still very fun to play.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
like i said - no one around here plays games!
(wow isn't a game ... it's a full time job ... and a crappy one too :p)
I had Warglaive(s) of Azzinoth during BC (The Real one, not the new relaunch) on my rogue I knew what it was like to be a god in a video game for awhile

• Toucan
Reactions: LEANIJA and lashman

LEANIJA

MetaMember
May 5, 2019
Austria
I had Warglaive(s) of Azzinoth during BC (The Real one, not the new relaunch) on my rogue I knew what it was like to be a god in a video game for awhile
I got one of them once...on my priest. completely worthless of course, but nice to see :p

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
For today's Capcpom moment:

Also G'nG Resurrection is wild. I can't remember the last time I played a commercially released game that encouraged you to play on something as tough as Legend difficulty.

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021
gave into temptation after reading more about it, and finally decided to buy SMT3HD

i'm hoping to go for freedom ending, only because of one reason that makes me not go for true demon ending

WHY THE FUCK DOES NEITHER DANTE OR RAIDOU STOP THE DEMI-FIEND FROM FUCKING BECOMING A DEMON TO KILL GOD????? WOULDN'T THEY PURSUE HIM INTO RECREATING THE WOLRD INTO SOMETHING THAT WAS LIKE IT BEFORE, LIKE THE FREEDOM ENDING???? HOW DID DANTE EVEN FUCKING SURVIVE THAT RECONCEPTION THING??? I KNOW HE'S "IMMORTAL", BUT REALLY??? WHAT HAPPENS TO THEM AFTER THE FUCKING ENDING, DO THEY JOIN LUCIFER AND DEMIFIEND IN THE QUEST TO KILL GOD??? THEY CANT RETURN BACK TO NORMAL, THE LITERAL BATTLE BETWEEN GOD AND THE EVIL FORCES OF LUCIFER IS THE CHARACTERISTIC OF DOOMSDAY, THERE'S NO EARTH GO BACK TO, DANTE'S FUCKING BUSINESS WILL NEVER BE OPEN AGAIN, WHY IS HE EVEN IN THIS GAME???? WHY IS HE EVEN HERE???? I GET RAIDOU IS PROBABLY ID DUNNO HE CAN MAYBE TRAVEL THROUGH SPACE AND TIME, BUT DANTE CANT, I KNOW THAT FOR SURE, SO WHY IS HE EVEN HERE??? HEEEEEEEEEELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

crimsonheadGCN

MetaMember
Jan 20, 2019
Clifton, New Jersey
www.resetera.com

Netizens have leaked files and documents related to the development of the full-fledged sequel to STALKER, which the original developers were engaged in in the early 2010s. Some of the files were published on the AP-PRO.RU forum dedicated to the franchise, and later another part appeared on the VKontakte “Bulletin of the Same Stalker” community page.

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
gave into temptation after reading more about it, and finally decided to buy SMT3HD

i'm hoping to go for freedom ending, only because of one reason that makes me not go for true demon ending

WHY THE FUCK DOES NEITHER DANTE OR RAIDOU STOP THE DEMI-FIEND FROM FUCKING BECOMING A DEMON TO KILL GOD????? WOULDN'T THEY PURSUE HIM INTO RECREATING THE WOLRD INTO SOMETHING THAT WAS LIKE IT BEFORE, LIKE THE FREEDOM ENDING???? HOW DID DANTE EVEN FUCKING SURVIVE THAT RECONCEPTION THING??? I KNOW HE'S "IMMORTAL", BUT REALLY??? WHAT HAPPENS TO THEM AFTER THE FUCKING ENDING, DO THEY JOIN LUCIFER AND DEMIFIEND IN THE QUEST TO KILL GOD??? THEY CANT RETURN BACK TO NORMAL, THE LITERAL BATTLE BETWEEN GOD AND THE EVIL FORCES OF LUCIFER IS THE CHARACTERISTIC OF DOOMSDAY, THERE'S NO EARTH GO BACK TO, DANTE'S FUCKING BUSINESS WILL NEVER BE OPEN AGAIN, WHY IS HE EVEN IN THIS GAME???? WHY IS HE EVEN HERE???? I GET RAIDOU IS PROBABLY ID DUNNO HE CAN MAYBE TRAVEL THROUGH SPACE AND TIME, BUT DANTE CANT, I KNOW THAT FOR SURE, SO WHY IS HE EVEN HERE??? HEEEEEEEEEELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
Not sure if you've played through the PS2 Devil Summoner games, but yes, you are right. Raidou can indeed travel through time. :p

Anyway, Raidou's cooler than Dante. Don't @ me, thanks. :blobmorning2:

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
I always saw people talk about the difficulty of the SMT games, especially that Matador meme, but now that I'm playing the game for the first time - it feels overblown. The difficulty feels pretty standard and fair. Something like Wizardry 8 feels a million times harder than this

Last edited:

Amzin

Dec 5, 2018
For those playing Necromunda, is it closer to Doom 2016 or Doom Eternal, or some other thing? I liked Doom 2016 and hated Eternal because of the forced way to go through combat, but I like a good SP FPS so wondering what this is like.

Avern

MetaMember
May 14, 2020
I always saw people talk about the difficulty of the SMT games, especially that Matador meme, but now that I'm playing the game for the first time - it feels overblown. The difficulty feels pretty standard and fair. Something like Wizardry 8 feels a million times harder than this
Yeah, I think your assessment is accurate. Matador is a nasty spike early on, but outside of that, only the true last boss struck me as being unfair. I get the impression most of the really busted stuff is on hard mode, such as this legendary bit of BS:

r3n4ud

Dr. Boom Boom
Oct 17, 2018
Anyone notice that the store sites for games on mobile have changed? Not sure yet if I like it lol

• Eyes

Spookyfriend

Jan 27, 2019
I paused my Humble choice also. Not sure why no Steam Key Option for Disjunction
Humble did not offer me any discount when I pause for the month :(

• Sad
Reactions: Tomasety

Valdien

✵ Chaos! ✵
Mar 26, 2020
Toronto
For those playing Necromunda, is it closer to Doom 2016 or Doom Eternal, or some other thing? I liked Doom 2016 and hated Eternal because of the forced way to go through combat, but I like a good SP FPS so wondering what this is like.
Hmm, to be honest, the game borrows elements from a lot of FPS games, not just Doom 2016 & Eternal. The core combat isn't like Eternal, though. More similar to 2016, if that's what you prefer.

So far, I've personally found it to be a mix between TitanFall 2, modern Shadow Warrior & Ghostrunner. You'll have access to a lot of ammo. I'm playing through the game right now on the hardest difficulty and have never run out of ammo. Headshots/weak points take the enemies out very quickly. Plenty of movement tech available, including a bunch of superpowers. I'll not explicitly mention them because spoilers, but you can get a pretty good idea of what they are from the games I've mentioned above.

Expect a lot of jank, though. And the "glory kills/meele takedowns", while abusable, aren't pleasing to perform. The camera and animation work isn't good.

Arsene

On a break
Apr 17, 2019
Canada
The remaster nerfed and adjusted a bunch of stuff and the game isnt as hard anymore. One notorious boss in particular used to spam beast eye to give himself unlimited turns (which was a bug) but in the remaster he barely does it. You might not even see him do it when you fight him now.

Its still more difficult than Persona. But a lot of the meme stuff is either significantly easier or flat out gone in the remaster.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Kvik

r3n4ud

Dr. Boom Boom
Oct 17, 2018
Can’t.....stop.....doing.....Biomutant....sidequests....!

Dunno why and there’s so many 😲

And there are sidequests that cannot be completed unless you first complete a sidequest of the sidequest... I guess you can call it a side-sidequest? Whatever you call it it’s a lot for this old brain to handle

Last edited:

Amzin

Dec 5, 2018
Hmm, to be honest, the game borrows elements from a lot of FPS games, not just Doom 2016 & Eternal. The core combat isn't like Eternal, though. More similar to 2016, if that's what you prefer.

So far, I've personally found it to be a mix between TitanFall 2, modern Shadow Warrior & Ghostrunner. You'll have access to a lot of ammo. I'm playing through the game right now on the hardest difficulty and have never run out of ammo. Headshots/weak points take the enemies out very quickly. Plenty of movement tech available, including a bunch of superpowers. I'll not explicitly mention them because spoilers, but you can get a pretty good idea of what they are from the games I've mentioned above.

Expect a lot of jank, though. And the "glory kills/meele takedowns", while abusable, aren't pleasing to perform. The camera and animation work isn't good.
Thanks! Sounds good to me though. I mentioned Doom moreso because that's what I saw people talking about I guess, but yea TF2 is one of my favorite games and I like plenty of others like Hardpoint and such.

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
WTF, why is Steam asking me to do a maintenance and talking about a service on launch ? Second time it happens in a few weeks.

Quick translation -
A maintenance is required on this computer for the Steam service.
This service provides an help to installation or update of games on Steam, it allows the set-up of the anti-cheat tool and handles other tasks at the system level.
Re-installation of the Steam service requires admin rights.

Last edited:
  • Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety
Status
Not open for further replies.