Community MetaSteam | June 2021 - Alex Kidd in Monetary Mishandling Management DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Halo 3 is a lot more fun when the game's not on legendary or whatever the third difficulty level is. It's fun when you can dance around enemies, or, kinda dance with how stodgy movement is. It's not fun when all enemy damage is so high and your damage is so low that you'll die if you try to play with any kind of gusto.
Fully agreed.

Reactions: Dinjoralo

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Regarding games where you play as fire fighters, I remember playing an old Japanese SNES rom back in the day that was EXCELLENT!
Fire spread dynamically through the levels, you had to choose your equipment (and you couldn't carry much) and you choose your own path through the levels.
But finally, I found it!
It was called "Ignition Factor" and it was every bit as glorious and challenging as I remembered! 😀
If people have the Nintendo Online thingy on Switch "The Ignition Factor" is in the SNES Collection, i played it a few weeks ago.

• Gib
Reactions: FunnyJay and PC-tan
OP
lashman

lashman

Dead & Forgotten
Sep 5, 2018
You shouldn't have bough the scummy Nacom version, it was a pure cash grab from them with lack of Steam features and removign the Frogwares logo.
i know ... but i had to have it ... i'm sorry :negative-blob:

and i gave frogwares more money anyway

Reactions: LEANIJA

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
i know ... but i had to have it ... i'm sorry :negative-blob:

and i gave frogwares more money anyway
You didn't have to, but you choice to give money to scum.

I usually don't care about what people use their money on, but they way Nacon put up that Sinking City version was pure scummery capitalism shit.

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

fantomena

MetaMember
Dec 17, 2018
Jesus, calm down my dude.
Sorry, I just hate what Nacon did to Frogwares and that Steam version. Seriously, noone should have bought that version and I got really sad seeing people playing it on the Steam chart.

I refuse to buy it until the court clears everything out.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

actual_norwegian_guy

Rebranded...
Apr 15, 2021

thanks blender i've been stuck posing this sucker for several hours how fun
the good news is that i've gotten him working more (but still some stuff to do as noted by arrows and eventual feedback)
the bad news is that this was the easy part and the easy part is pretty much done and now comes the hard hard part of fucking LIGHTING THIS FUCKING CRAP AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FUCKING FRESNEL I DUNNO, WHAT DO SMASH RENDERS DIDDLY DO

Stone Ocean

Proud Degenerate
Apr 17, 2019

Wok

Wok
Oct 30, 2018
France
Because I own the package "Roguebook for Beta Testing", I can play the full game after some depot shenanigans. Nice!

The weird thing about it is that I have to do these shenanigans. I don't know how Valve and Roguebook devs managed to reach the point where files not listed on SteamDB appear in my local depot, which ultimately crashes the game.

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
Halo 3 is a lot more fun when the game's not on legendary or whatever the third difficulty level is. It's fun when you can dance around enemies, or, kinda dance with how stodgy movement is. It's not fun when all enemy damage is so high and your damage is so low that you'll die if you try to play with any kind of gusto.
I like legendary mode in Halo 3, but yea, it pretty much makes a bunch of the weapons useless too. Plasma pistol almost always a necessity

Reactions: Rockin' Ranger

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I like legendary mode in Halo 3, but yea, it pretty much makes a bunch of the weapons useless too. Plasma pistol almost always a necessity
I'm curious as to why. I've seen that opinion in that Dunkey video about game difficulty, but I don't see what's so good about the plasma pistol.

Routa

Non-Stop MMO Searcher
Dec 22, 2018
Question for Etrian Odyssey fans here, if I could only play one or two - which ones? :blobnerd:

I'm curious as to why. I've seen that opinion in that Dunkey video about game difficulty, but I don't see what's so good about the plasma pistol.
The covenant shields on Elites are bullet sponges for physical guns on Legendary. Like a more than full battle rifle clip, or tons of assault rifles rounds to remove them. A fully charged plasma pistol removes them in one shot - even not fully charged only takes a few shots too - and then one battle rifle shot to the head kills them. Ammo becomes pretty important on legendary too, getting stuck with shitty weapons can be miserable, so you never want to needlessly waste ammo.

Last edited:
  • Hug
Reactions: Rockin' Ranger

TheTrain

MetaMember
Jun 11, 2019
Sorry, I just hate what Nacon did to Frogwares and that Steam version. Seriously, noone should have bought that version and I got really sad seeing people playing it on the Steam chart.

I refuse to buy it until the court clears everything out.
We don't even know the full story behind all of that cluster fuck so jumping at a throat like that is really pointless. As you also said, before jumping out on hasty conclusion we all should wait for the court. Until then there are no innocent and no guilty in this dispute.

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
The covenant shields on Elites are bullet sponges for physical guns on Legendary. Like a more than full battle rifle clip, or tons of assault rifles rounds to remove them. A fully charged plasma pistol removes them in one shot - even not fully charged only takes a few shots too - and then one battle rifle shot to the head kills them. Ammo becomes pretty important on legendary too, getting stuck with shitty weapons can be miserable, so you never want to needlessly waste ammo.
Ah... Alright, that's fair.
I do feel that stuff like this, where the higher difficulties bring out imbalances in the game's design rather than make everything come together in a fun way, in a pretty damning indictment of Halo's design as a single player FPS.

Xclash

MetaMember
Dec 13, 2018
I’ll gladly day 1 that Castlevania collection if it comes out. The prices of the GBA/DS games have skyrocketed on the secondary market(well anything remotely good and or/rare)

• Sad
  • This!
Reactions: Cacher and lashman
Status
Not open for further replies.