Community MetaSteam | June 2021 - Alex Kidd in Monetary Mishandling Management DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

thistestnow

*doom noises*
Feb 16, 2021
I like legendary mode in Halo 3, but yea, it pretty much makes a bunch of the weapons useless too. Plasma pistol almost always a necessity
You guys thinking of Halo 2 instead of 3? Halo 3 is pretty straightforward on Legend.
Halo 2 is insane running Legendary Solo

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
A thought on EGS, instead of buying exclusives why don't they focus on making their store better? Steam is old and has a lot of backend stuff, so it's very hard to change stuff without messing stuff up (this is very likely why SIE ditched the old PSN web store and why the Xbox 360 web store is different than the current Xbox marketplace one.

Steam isn't perfect and it's still being worked on. I mean one of the features that people would like to see would be midnight releases. I'm told that's something that Valve could actually let publishers set up? But they choose not to. In a way I guess it makes sense as to why they don't allow it since the whole Valve team is based off Pacific Time, so they would be asleep or something just in case there was an issue (handling Steam back end stuff?)

Just a thought.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
They won't be back until Metal Gear Solid Legacy collection is on steam.

After that they have my permission to be back.
That actually reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask. Rumors of the MGS Legacy Collection being rereleased have been around for a while but was it ever among the things Queen hinted at? It recently occurred to me that it's been a while since the last time I replayed MGS2 and MGS3. I could use a Steam release right about now...

Reactions: lashman

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
I know I'm "supposed" to be impressed by how amazing stuff looks in those videos but all I see is how annoyingly shiney everything is: Rusty knife? It's a mirror! Tiny coat buttons? MORE LIKE LITTLE MIRRORS! Rain? Mirror glaze sauce!

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
I know I'm "supposed" to be impressed by how amazing stuff looks in those videos but all I see is how annoyingly shiney everything is: Rusty knife? It's a mirror! Tiny coat buttons? MORE LIKE LITTLE MIRRORS! Rain? Mirror glaze sauce!
It's ray tracing shiny fad. Like the blinding bloom in the ps3 era and chromatic shit in ps4 era.

Reactions: Swenhir

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018
Considering how the use of mirrors in games used to be something crazy expensive, it's kind of natural that the first ray traced games would overdo it a bit.

Gameplay seems nice, though.
It's ray tracing shiny fad. Like the blinding bloom in the ps3 era and chromatic shit in ps4 era.
Ray tracing isn't a fad, but this overuse of shiny elements will definitely be seen as pretty embarrassing and lame in a few years.

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018
Considering how the use of mirrors in games something crazy expensive, it's kind of natural that the first ray traced games would overdo it a bit.

Yeah it isn't a knock on the actual game its self or what it looks like its just shiney

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
That actually reminds me of something I've been meaning to ask. Rumors of the MGS Legacy Collection being rereleased have been around for a while but was it ever among the things Queen hinted at? It recently occurred to me that it's been a while since the last time I replayed MGS2 and MGS3. I could use a Steam release right about now...
Queen leaked the Ninja gaiden collection earlier in the year but I don't think there was any Konami stuff.

I wouldn't expect anything from Konami anyways. People been talking about new Silent Hill game for years now and there has been nothing. Its constant letdowns from them or some crappy bomberman game. I would love to replay all the MGS games too :negative-blob: Imagine all of them on a SteamPal. Would be so good especially PeaceWalker :sneaky:

Digoman

Lurking in the Shadows
Dec 21, 2018
Developers always go overboard with the new shinny (in this case literally) thing. I still remember how suddenly everything got "bumpy" when tessellation was introduced. Raytracing is specially bad for this because I'd imagine that working with "real" lighting/reflections after so many years of using every trick in to book to try to simulate the effect is really fun :)

As for the trailer itself... eeesh that is a lot of shaky cam and quick edits. But I suppose the "young kids" already watch everything at 2x anyway :p

• Toucan
Reactions: lashman

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
I wouldn't expect anything from Konami anyways.
Yeah, that's why I asked. Normally I take rumors with a handful of salt but if it's something that Queen corroborated at some point, that gives it a little more credibility. Unless we're talking Nintendo on PC. That will remain complete nonsense to me until the day it actually happens. :upside-down-face:

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
There's no rumor on Konami, btw. It's deduction from news and interview. No insider knowledge involved.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
I got an update for Windows' "Store Experience Host". Apparently it's a thing that's needed to run W10 store apps. So that's interesting.
...And all my apps said they needed to be repaired again gad dang it

Nabs

Hyper˗Toxic Pro˗Consumer
Oct 23, 2018
The Messenger is the only GP game where I can't seem to find the save file. I bought it on Steam for nothing :ripblob: :LOL: /jk

Madventure

The Angel of Deaf
Nov 17, 2018

QFNS

Plays too many card games
Nov 18, 2018
If I was a mega-billionaire I would help the world by liberating dormant classic IPs from shit holding companies.

Take back all the classic franchises that aren't being properly used by their IP holders by throwing insane amounts of money at them to get control of the IP. Get control of classics like Asteroids , Joust, and Pitfall and put out definitive arcade perfect ports of them to PC and modern consoles, but also include as much art, and materials surroudning the games as possible. Megaman Legacy collection style except with good ports of the individual games.

Then move forward in time liberating the dormant classic games that need ports to PC with love and care that they deserve. Get all the classic NES games that deserve PC collections, then SNES/Genesis, PS1/Saturn/N64, etc. Its foolproof and will guarantee to sell tons of copies as long as its priced well worldwide and is actually made by people who give a shit about the games involved.

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
Question for Etrian Odyssey fans here, if I could only play one or two - which ones? :blobnerd:
People generally tend to say EO4 in this case, but that's missing the FM soundtracks, so dunno...
Either that or start with EO1, I guess. :shrugblob:

• Comfy
Reactions: Routa

Stevey

Gromlintroid
Dec 8, 2018
Halo 3 is a lot more fun when the game's not on legendary or whatever the third difficulty level is. It's fun when you can dance around enemies, or, kinda dance with how stodgy movement is. It's not fun when all enemy damage is so high and your damage is so low that you'll die if you try to play with any kind of gusto.
I'm sure I read somewhere back in the day that Bungie said that they're meant to be played on Heroic.

Legendary is pretty fun in co-op but can be a pain to solo

Alexandros

Every game should be turn based
Nov 4, 2018
Sorry, I just hate what Nacon did to Frogwares and that Steam version. Seriously, noone should have bought that version and I got really sad seeing people playing it on the Steam chart.

I refuse to buy it until the court clears everything out.
That's commendable but we should always keep in mind that Nacon did that, not the people buying the game, and that the courts will decide who is right and who is wrong. Regular buyers don't have much say in this matter.
A thought on EGS, instead of buying exclusives why don't they focus on making their store better?
Because even Epic knows that it has no argument for why customers should prefer its store over Steam. The only reasons to buy something on EGS are a) it's not available anywhere else and b) it's much cheaper than on Steam.

AHA-Lambda

MetaMember
Oct 9, 2018
The lord and saviour of PC Gaming Tim Sweeny is omnipotent and knows all about PC Gamers.

Epic hired iam8bit to send marketing info to iam8bit's customers or iam8bit sold your marketing info to Epic.
well fuck, I was wondering how I got one of those f*cking things, I'll be unsubbing from iam8bit right away now

Jav

Question everything, learn nothing
Sep 17, 2019
lol, nah ... just one ;)

not even gonna install it ... i already have the frogwares version installed

:evilblob:
So there is two versions on the library depending if it's the frogwares or the nacon version? I should try to snatch it next time Nacon infiltrates the game again :grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes::grinning-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Ge0force

Excluding exclusives
Jan 12, 2019
Belgium
A thought on EGS, instead of buying exclusives why don't they focus on making their store better?
This is exactly why so many people - myself included - don't like EGS. Epic doesn't even try to make a better storefront than Steam. Instead, their business model is based on convincing devs and publishers to ignore other storefronts by offering them better deals.

For us as consumers, this is the worst outcome possible. Games wouldn't be offered in the best or most popular stores anymore, but would rather be exclusive to shitty storefronts owned by billion dollar companies. This really shouldn't happen.

Dec 5, 2018
A thought on EGS, instead of buying exclusives why don't they focus on making their store better? Steam is old and has a lot of backend stuff, so it's very hard to change stuff without messing stuff up (this is very likely why SIE ditched the old PSN web store and why the Xbox 360 web store is different than the current Xbox marketplace one.
Because right now the "cool" (and easy) thing to do is to throw money and see what sticks.

The problem though, is that we aren't in the 2010-13 period when there weren't that many games releasing and a strategy like that might have been a good idea back then.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Lately, I have been planning my playtime and what I play with the help of an excel. I juggle between two games and switch around them everyday. For example, I will play A on Monday and B on Tuesday, then returning to A on Wednesday.

This approach works really well so far. I am able to play games bit-by-bit and do not need to worry of playing too little / too much, burnt-out and the thought of not sure what to play next. Yes, first-world problems, but it is an effective approach to combat decision paralysis. I am also enjoying my gaming session so much more, and it actually helps curb my urge to buy something because I know the game will be straight into the waiting list unless I am near the end of a game. It makes me feel that the game should better be purchased at a later time.

kafiend

MetaMember
Dec 6, 2018
Considering how the use of mirrors in games used to be something crazy expensive, it's kind of natural that the first ray traced games would overdo it a bit.

Ray tracing isn't a fad, but this overuse of shiny elements will definitely be seen as pretty embarrassing and lame in a few years.
I have a friend that still still shouts at lens flare every time it crops up. It used to be everygoddamwhere and it still sends him mad - especially in places where it really shouldn't be a thing.

Reactions: Mivey
Status
Not open for further replies.