Community MetaSteam | June 2021 - Alex Kidd in Monetary Mishandling Management DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakethesniper

Time Traveler
Jan 11, 2019
  • This!
  • Sad
Reactions: Tomasety and Stevey

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
Well 50h later i am apparently at 50% in Cyberpunk 2077 XD I am sure taking my time XD
Rookie Numbers! Apparently i'm at 211 hours with 41% completion according to Galaxy numbers.
Now, lots of that time has been me doing everything but the storylines ( or idling while i alt-tab and watch something ) so i expect to clean up the story pretty damned quickly when i get to finishing it.

dex3108

MetaMember
Dec 20, 2018
Rookie Numbers! Apparently i'm at 211 hours with 41% completion according to Galaxy numbers.
Now, lots of that time has been me doing everything but the storylines ( or idling while i alt-tab and watch something ) so i expect to clean up the story pretty damned quickly when i get to finishing it.
I have no idea where i am exactly because i run it via Steam and GOG Galaxy is not reading saves retroactively. But those numbers are me never using fast travel, sleeping at night and doing gigs between main and side quests.

Reactions: EdwardTivrusky

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Excuse me but is the Mythical conference really about an unknown dev and their fucking genius idea of Fall Guy + Blockchain ?
Man, when they said everyone could do a show these days...

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
The PC versions were region locked I think
They're on mobile, and I think putting classic JRPG's on mobile is pretty lucrative in Japan. All the Dragon Quest, SaGa, and FF games are there, there's The Last Remnant, Monster Hunter Stories, etc...

The Battle Passes for Seasons will NEVER expire, like MCC. Players can choose to go back and purchase the previous Battle Passes, even after a Season has ended. This to me is a big deal no FOMO is always a plus.
This does sound cool... And what little I played of MCC's MP was fun, it's the campaigns I have issue with.

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
So Todd saying Starfield is like a "Han Solo simulator" and "Skyrim in Space"

and then they tease concept art like this...

Fucking hell it looks incredible. I wonder if they really can give Star Citizen a run for its money lol. They definitely have talent/experience to pull it off but I don't think they have the resources. Either way they should take their sweet time. Can't wait for the big blowout next year and it should be in front of a live audience too. I'm surprised they even teased anything yesterday because its gonna such a long wait now. Microsoft probably forced their hand since the big acquisition and they wanted some type of updates from them.

EdwardTivrusky

Good Morning, Weather Hackers!
Dec 8, 2018
I'd rather watch a supercut of the E3 2010 Konami conference any day! 😀
"ONE MILLION TROOPS!!! WOOOOOOOOW! EXTREEEEEEEMEEEE!!!"
You say that like it was a bad thing? Konami E3 2010 is one of the most legendary conferences ever!
One day i will upload my own stream capture. Konami left it looping for the next 24 hours! Forum threads would get a new lease of life as new people joined and the veterans explained what was going on before leaving and the new people became the veterans explaining to the newcomers a few hours later. It was a beautiful cycle to see.

The raw, unadulterated stream in pure 360p. Audio is a tad loud at times, fyi.

DF Retro EX: Konami E3 2010 - Revisiting THAT Notorious Press Conference - 720HD Baby!
Konami E3 2010 Press Conference (G4 TV Perspective) - 360p - Some Crunchy Sound

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety and Stevey

Gamall Wednesday Ida

Just a loon, apparently.
Dec 4, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
I don't know, Oblivion had horse and mounted combat too as a new feature and it didn't really change anything.
Oblivion had horses, but no mounted combat. (Mods added that eventually)

Nor did Skyrim, though it seems this was added in by a patch, eventually. I never noticed :-(

The most famous equine-related new feature of Oblivion was overpriced gaudy horse armour DLCs.

I always find it strange that Japanese developers get no (or a lot less) flak for releasing pretty much the same game over and over compared to the Western developers.
There were other reasons for Oblivion getting flak (dumbed down UI compared to Morrowind, much hyped but woefully under-delivered Radiant AI, -- see: Todd Howard --- etc, etc)

From have a great, easy-to-learn/hard-to-master gameplay + deep worldbuilding formula, and consistently improve on it with each iteration (Sekiro being a test run at something a bit different; too different for some tastes, in fact).

They keep their mouths shut about what they're working on until it's nearly done, and never pretend it's going to cure cancer, so that hype does not turn to disappointment when it doesn't. That's why they they don't get much flak; I don't think it's a Japan thing, specifically. They do what they do with quiet, consistent competency. That's it. What is there for anyone to get mad about?

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

Parsnip

Riskbreaker
Sep 11, 2018
Finland
Played a bunch of Industries of Titan playtest.
It lacks some qol features here and there and a the employers don't always seem to their jobs. Plenty of jobs to be done, but employers just idle around or do something with less priority. There's also a lack of ship copy function as far as I could see, which would be super helpful if you want to build couple ship with the same interiors. Same for buildings too actually. You can copy a building from the map view but if it's a building with interiors, it will just copy an empty building. Some kind of blueprint function or whatever would be neat.
But I'm into it in general and will probably buy it after EA if they have a full campaign. Their roadmap didn't seem to specify one so I'm not sure what the plan is there.

I don't know, Oblivion had horse and mounted combat too as a new feature and it didn't really change anything.
Did Oblivion's horse double jump though? :smart-thinking-blob:

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
Fucking hell it looks incredible. I wonder if they really can give Star Citizen a run for its money lol
I've seen this all over the internet and I'm just laughing. They have said just about nothing about its gameplay. For all we know, it's going to be Fallout 4-sized maps that you fly between by spaceships fast travel.

Star Citizen feels like Jodorowsky's Dune sometimes, except it's still happening.

I do love the concept art, by the way! It's pretty great and I look forward to knowing more about that game. I'm still doubtful that there'll be any manual spaceship flying at all :/.

Reactions: Prodigy and yuraya

Dinjoralo

None shall remember those who do not fight.
Dec 6, 2018
Edge of Eternity is still getting tons of regular patches with what sounds like some pretty big changes. Lots of gameplay rebalancing and such. I'm glad I've got about a dozen other JRPG's to work through, I guess...

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
For all we know, it's going to be Fallout 4-sized maps that you fly between by spaceships fast travel.
No way its gonna be that shallow. They are heavily emphasizing the whole "join the constellation" and "be one of the last space explorers" with the game description so far. The trailer and concept art is all about ships too. Also they are showing off a lot of planets n shit in the video doc they released with all the concept art.

I am expecting it to be like a hybrid/mainstream take on No Man Sky + Star Citizen. Nowhere as comprehensive as Star Citizen but it should still be very large in scale/scope. I just hope they have some good missions and writing for all of it.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
No way its gonna be that shallow. They are heavily emphasizing the whole "join the constellation" and "be one of the last space explorers" with the game description so far. The trailer and concept art is all about ships too. Also they are showing off a lot of planets n shit in the video doc they released with all the concept art.

I am expecting it to be like a hybrid/mainstream take on No Man Sky + Star Citizen. Nowhere as comprehensive as Star Citizen but it should still be very large in scale/scope. I just hope they have some good missions and writing for all of it.
Their last games were Fallout 76, Fallout 4, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and Oblivion... Shallow is the best adjective to describe their games.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019

Make no mistake, I'd love to fly a spaceship but I'm really doubtful they are going to ship something like that. A solar-system scale map would greatly surprise me if they had it work in a single coordinate system. As Kio pointed out, their previous games don't exactly point to them suddenly making this sort of jump.

I think something at NMS's scale for planets may very well work, as you mentioned, and in that case it really comes down to what sense of scale they manage to achieve and whether they'll rely on tricks like Infinite Warfare or Warframe or have a proper technological foundation for it.

At the end of the day, I do think you have the right of it. Tech matters of course, but writing and the story is quite important as well. It's about the art in the end. I've seen games with great tech fail to deliver something beautiful or meaningful to players and stumble because of it.

Reactions: Stevey and yuraya

Knurek

OG old coot
Oct 16, 2018
I don't understand what you mean -- the pixels are massive in that comparison and it's pretty easy to see that they are the same resolution?
I mean that the original NES/SNES spirtes were, say, 32x32 px and the pixel remaster ones are most likely using vectors so that they can scale to any screen resolution, but they are setup to emulate big chungus pixels of the OG ones
Or is that giving Square Enix too much credit?

Status
Not open for further replies.