Community MetaSteam | June 2021 - Alex Kidd in Monetary Mishandling Management DX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Spangle

Playing....
Apr 17, 2019
I'm tempted by UBoat as i remember liking Silent Hunter 3 a long while ago.

Anyone tried it? Is there a better sub sim out there? I also saw this one that looks a bit less sim like but still fun...

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
I mean, that's the actual value that the Monkey Island 2 devs were talking about in 1991. :shrugblob: 20 USD in 1991 is not the same as 20 USD in 2021.

Yes. Here's the site that generates these: Monkey Island Inflation It's using this link to generate the current dollar value: CPI Inflation Calculator, a calculator hosted by the BLS
Sorry, I'm being cheeky :p.

Inflation is a many-sided thing but it's nice knowing the market value of this meme's figure :).

Reactions: lashman

Aaron D.

MetaMember
Jul 10, 2019
I'm tempted by UBoat as i remember liking Silent Hunter 3 a long while ago.

Anyone tried it? Is there a better sub sim out there?
I've had Uboat on my Wishlist forever, but I haven't taken the plunge yet.

Barotrauma seems really popular too (Overwhelmingly Positive), but I'm not sure if you can solo it. That's the only thing holding me back.

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Damn, I didn't think S-E would actually delist the old versions. Although I kinda get it in this case because the old ones are shit but I'm sure that's not reasoning lol. Now the question is: do I grab FFV while I still can or do I just pretend I don't even own the shit FFVI and ignore the urge to complete the set...

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Also, it's kinda driving me nuts that people have to play CSI on not even proper screenshots but on screencaps from tiny clips within other footage to even figure out what these remasters are and what content they'll include. If they're starting to release next month, then would it fucking kill them to actually give some details?

At this point I wouldn't be surprised if we have to wait until after launch for fans to figure out whether or not the extra content from the GBA versions is included. Maybe I'm being overly cynical here but the complete radio silence doesn't exactly tell me "We give a shit about this!"

Last edited:

PhaZZe

MetaMember
Mar 12, 2019
i bought the awful version of ff v and vi, it was cheap in his time, sorry :(
probably i won't be buying the new versions

• Sad
Reactions: lashman

didamangi

Who do you think you are? I am!
Nov 16, 2018
Jakarta, Indonesia
steamcommunity.com
That 8/10gb vram bottleneck is coming sooner than expected if you're into 4K/60 raytracing it seems.

At least with Doom you can turn on DLSS to counter that with very minimal loss in image quality.

Swenhir

Spaceships!
Apr 18, 2019
The more I get back into Black Desert the more anxiety I feel at everything I'm still not using/missing out on. I'm pretty sure this isn't how you want to feel while playing a game but the complexity is so good! I just wish it was explained more clearly.

• Eyes
Reactions: Tomasety

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California
RIP Dave I guess this is what his final moments were like before this unfortunate events.

I know that there are some devs like Yoko Taro that says some crazy stuff on Twitter but do they ever get this crazy? I think most devs are relatively tame but these dudes at new blood sure are something else. What if Deveolver Digital was multiple twitter accounts and just dunked on itself and it's community? That's New Blood.

Amzin

No one beats me 17 times in a row!
Dec 5, 2018
I bought and finished Foregone this sale. It's a not-super-long action platformer. It has touches of metroidvania to it but I would hesitate to call it that because it doesn't really have that "feel" as you're playing it. Also, the map is terrible and the only, only things the extra movement "unlocks" are either random loot or some small upgrades to abilities.

It's... not great, but not mediocre. It's OK. It's pretty close to being good I think but it just has too many areas where it falls short. I think 50% off or less is an OK price point if you like that kind of game. You have to like animation cancelling though as that's the only reasonable way to get through a lot of enemies or use any of the weapons. If the combat was more fluid without forcing you to cancel stuff, and the weapons were balanced better, and the layering of graphics was cleaned up, and a bunch of other small things, it'd be a very good game, but as it is it's a 7/10 or so IF you like the genre.

I've started playing Cozy Grove, Wish, and Ticket to Earth that I purchased as well. Cozy Grove is great so far. Ticket to Earth is really interesting and surprisingly hard, or I completely misunderstand how it works. Wish is kinda bad so far, I thought the match-3 part might be good (which is what I was after) but it seems like it isn't, might refund that.

Kurt Russell

SUPREME OVERLORD OF EVIL
Sep 6, 2018
Mar del Plata
RIP Dave I guess this is what his final moments were like before this unfortunate events.

I know that there are some devs like Yoko Taro that says some crazy stuff on Twitter but do they ever get this crazy? I think most devs are relatively tame but these dudes at new blood sure are something else. What if Deveolver Digital was multiple twitter accounts and just dunked on itself and it's community? That's New Blood.
New Blood are the best :photoblobheart:

Mivey

MetaMember
Sep 20, 2018

Li Kao

It’s a strange world. Let’s keep it that way.
Jan 28, 2019
Okay, right. 4am, insomnia, shit is gonna get real.
I you run in a straight line while using a flamethrower, do you catch fire ?
I seem to recall an old fps, which one no idea, where it was awfully easy to burn your character with those things.
Real talk. I warned you. Internet is serious business.

Tizoc

Retired, but still Enabling
Oct 11, 2018
Oman
ko-fi.com
Looks like my Deadly Premonition save file is dead. This game is really something.

Well, let's see if my backup save would work. :D

Edit: NOPE! :disappointed-face:
Shoot....rpcs3 still doesnt emulate it properly sadly

EDIT: Wait i just checked and it IS properly emulated in current versions.

Cacher

Romantic Storm
Jun 3, 2020
Shoot....rpcs3 still doesnt emulate it properly sadly

EDIT: Wait i just checked and it IS properly emulated in current versions.
I will try to fix the PC version first. Should be fixable... I still have a few remaining methods, only no patience to try them now.

Reactions: lashman and Tizoc

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019

Wrapped up my full renegade playthrough of ME:L @ 101 hrs. Did all the DLC and like 90% of side missions/content.

Anyways what more can be said. The games are incredible and one of those ambitious gaming experiences everyone should have. But fuck me is that last hour of ME3 bad and a neverending letdown. There is so many better things they could have done with your squad and pointless decisions. Its a shame too because the first 95% of the game is 5 stars. The DLC is great too.

Between Origin, Steam and now ME:L I must have spent nearly 350hrs on playing/replaying all the ME games lol. I think I will do one more trilogy playthrough leading into the new Mass Effect game whenever it comes out. As Paragon next time. I don't see myself replaying Andromeda tho...not unless there is some type of serious tie in with the new game which I doubt.

But yea I am kind of excited for the EA play event in three weeks. I hope they do some type of update on the new Dragon Age. A trailer. Something. The new Mass Effect is years away for sure but I really want to see what they do with their next gen games. Inquisition was ambitious in scale but not so much scope. I wonder if they can nail both on the next one and really make something good. I don't even know what they can do with the new Mass Effect but they better go all out and not hold back on anything. Go really crazy pls BioWare.

MomoVideo

ķ͕͕̍̅͋ḭ̼͂̕lļ͓̞̙̀͗͆̊ ͉͛m͕̲̮̆̒̐̍͢e ͠
Apr 5, 2021
Which version is better? I remember that the remastered version's 4:3 aspect ratio turned me off completely.
Definitely the original one with mods. Remastered got new bugs, ugly ass graphics and the menus during combat work at 30 fps instead of 60.

Barotrauma seems really popular too (Overwhelmingly Positive), but I'm not sure if you can solo it. That's the only thing holding me back.
You can play it solo but it is far from a great experience tbh. It's one of those games that should be played with friends. If you can find at least 2 friends to play with, it's an amazing experience and it gets my full recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.