Community MetaSteam | June 2022 - It's Hot Outside! Sit and Play Some Videogames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekeats1999

MetaMember
Dec 10, 2018
We seem to have gone back 15 years where we use the generic PC Logo now. It seems to be a coverall for Steam/MS Store/EGS. This being an MS Show they may have chose to go with a more generic logo to not bite the hand that feeds, so to speak.

We may even get some more details in the PC show.

On the other hand it could just be a case of Atlus being Atlus.

Rockin' Ranger

Rangers With Candy
Nov 7, 2018
I wouldn't read too much into Persona not having the Steam logo, most of the third party games didn't include it which is likely because it's a show for XBox. Not saying it's certain to come given it's Atlas, but I'd be really surprised if Microsoft paid for PC exclusivity when they're putting all of their own games on Steam.

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
But P4 is on Steam so why not others
Persona 4 Golden sold exceptionally well on Steam.
If they put P5R on Steam, it would do even better, which would be a strong indicator that they left a ton of money on the table for years by not porting it sooner.
The obvious solution to this conundrum is to only release it on the Windows store.

At least it's obvious if you went to the highly-esteemed Atlus school of management.

It will probably be on Steam, but never put anything dumb past Atlus.

Xclash

MetaMember
Dec 13, 2018
Persona 5 coming to PC, Soul Hackers 2 day 1 release and SMTV part of the geforce leak, it seems bastion ATLUS is finally falling at last
As a fan since the PS2 days, it’s about damn time Atlus got with the program. No longer have to buy multiple consoles to enjoy their products.

Reactions: Tomasety

ZKenir

MetaMember
May 10, 2019
Persona 5 royal on pc ic october is amazing, I'll keep it for my december holidays, I had decided to hold on on p5s until p5r was on pc so it's gonna be p5r + p5s playthrough for me in december.
I'm super excited about it

I wasn't a big fan of p3 but it'll scratch that persona itch when it comes in 2023, looking forward to that too

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
The engine for P3 isn't licensed anymore:

It says right there that they rebuilt Nocturne in a new engine. You'd think doing the same thing for their biggest IP would be a no-brainer. But nah, let's port the trash version instead.

I'll probably get over it by the time it comes out but this sucks so fucking much lol.

sprinkles

Dec 8, 2018
It says right there that they rebuilt Nocturne in a new engine. You'd think doing the same thing for their biggest IP would be a no-brainer. But nah, let's port the trash version instead.

I'll probably get over it by the time it comes out but this sucks so fucking much lol.
Nocturne HD was remade in Unity.

• Eyes

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
I think Phil deserves a big shoutout for giving Atlus this bag of money. If he doesn't do this we may never see P3 and P5 on PC. Atlus is like that. They are unpredictable asf.

Persona 5 coming to PC, Soul Hackers 2 day 1 release and SMTV part of the geforce leak, it seems bastion ATLUS is finally falling at last
Steam Deck users gonna be eating so good this next year.

「Echo」

竜の魔女。
Nov 1, 2018
Mt. Whatever
An exciting day after all. Now i'm too hyped to concentrate on stuff lol. And PC gaming show is soon too. damnit. 😅

btw when is Nintendo Direct?
Also, bets on FF7R being announced for Steam/Xbox on the 16th? :thinking-face:

• Eyes

C-Dub

Makoto Niijima Fan Club President
Dec 23, 2018
I get that Atlus have made an Atlus-ass decision in the past, but why would they ignore Steam when Soul Hackers 2 is on Steam, and why would MS moneyhat Persona games off Steam but release their own first party titles on Steam?

Some of you guys need to stop melting down. It’s coming to Steam. Atlus has clearly been told by Sega that they need to go multiplatform.

PC-tan

Low Tier Weeb
Jan 19, 2019
California

Actually if anything I would say what you said makes more sense as to why they dodn't.

Look at SMT3 ATLUS hardly talks about it (it is still among one of ATLUS most praised games, while Persona sells a lot better, overall in Japan SMT 3 is more highly regarded then P3FES or SMT:p4) for PS2 games.

We saw the issues that SMT 3HD had and it would have been more of that,so people would not have been happy with the port at all. meanwhile the P4G PC port was praised.

• Eyes

yuraya

MetaMember
May 4, 2019
The Xbox show was a solid B+.

Wo Long + Persona games + Starfield/Redfall + Kojima tease. Nioh 2 is lowkey one of the best and most underappreciated game released in the last 5 years. So them doing a new ip and it looking like Nioh is hype asf. And not partnering with Sony means we won't have to wait so long for it to come to PC.

But they needed to show Fable or Hellblade imo. And the Banjo rumor hopefully is true but if not releasing in next 12 months then it makes sense for there to be nothing.

My only concern is no actual release dates for Starfield and Redfall. I don't see them sticking to the 12 month promise and one of those games slipping into second half of 2023 (most likely Starfield).

• Eyes

toxicitizen

MetaMember
Oct 24, 2018
Actually if anything I would say what you said makes more sense as to why they dodn't.

Look at SMT3 ATLUS hardly talks about it (it is still among one of ATLUS most praised games, while Persona sells a lot better, overall in Japan SMT 3 is more highly regarded then P3FES or SMT:p4) for PS2 games.

We saw the issues that SMT 3HD had and it would have been more of that,so people would not have been happy with the port at all. meanwhile the P4G PC port was praised.
Actually, now that you mention it, if Nocturne was remade in Unity then why the hell was it locked at 30fps with game logic tied to framerate? o_O

low-G

old school cool
Nov 1, 2018
We seem to have gone back 15 years where we use the generic PC Logo now. It seems to be a coverall for Steam/MS Store/EGS. This being an MS Show they may have chose to go with a more generic logo to not bite the hand that feeds, so to speak.

We may even get some more details in the PC show.

On the other hand it could just be a case of Atlus being Atlus.
Still waiting for them to go back to "IBM PC and IBM PC compatible"

Dragon1893

MetaMember
Apr 17, 2019

The logical thing would indeed have been to give it the Nocturne treatment and using that opportunity to incorporate all content from both versions.
But Atlus gonna Atlus.

Sabin

Dec 18, 2019
Düsseldorf
You guys should really stop overreacting every time you don't immediately see the Steam logo in a trailer.
TBF is also not on the website and since it's Atlus you never know but it also wouldn't be the first time a game shadow dropped on steam day 1. so we will see how it will play out in the next couple of months

• Eyes

Durante

I <3 Pixels
Oct 21, 2018
Hate to be that guy but Starfield looks to be the shallowest Elder Scrolls Fallout thing Bethesda ever put out, and that's saying something after Skyrim and F3.

It was so bog-standard it was painful.
When the gameplay started it reminded me of Mass Effect Andromeda. A lot. That's not terrible per se, but also not particularly amazing.

But hey, who needs anything else -- have you people seen that Silksong trailer? It's fucking glorious.

kio

MetaMember
Apr 19, 2019
When the gameplay started it reminded me of Mass Effect Andromeda. A lot. That's not terrible per se, but also not particularly amazing.

But hey, who needs anything else -- have you people seen that Silksong trailer? It's fucking glorious.
Only way to make it more glorious would be to have a release date. Still, if what they said about all that was shown being released during the following 12 months is true, I can wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.